• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 13, 2013 (Mar 25 - Mar 31)

How does this make any sense? They are two different market with different tastes in gaming. Tokyo Jungle outsold Xenoblade in Japan therefore its reasonable to say it outsold Xenobalde in the West is what your saying and its a poor prediction because the two markets differ greatly.
They're both new IPs that are RPGs? Its not like we're comparing different genres. Nino also appeared at #11 in NPD, so technically it didn't chart. For all we know Xenoblade could've been at #11 too. My point is, you can't say Nino probably outsold it just because it charted and Xenoblade didn't, they're both niche games. Without numbers, your guess is as good as mine.

I imagine Ni no Kuni sold really well because it was really pretty, talked about because it was really pretty, and a lot of the reviewers who got bored of the game only said so after they had reviewed it.

I am not sure a direct 1:1 comparison can be made to Xenoblade in any metric.

Because...ONE MUST HAVE SOLD BETTER!!! :p

Yes they are. Why are you predicting the Vita will rise?
Wrong!

Xenoblade - 141,059
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - 98,773

;)

I imagine Ni no Kuni sold really well because it was really pretty, talked about because it was really pretty, and a lot of the reviewers who got bored of the game only said so after they had reviewed it.

I am not sure a direct 1:1 comparison can be made to Xenoblade in any metric.
Xenoblade is a good game.

Style or Substance, who wins?

Bruno MB

Wrong!

Xenoblade - 141,059
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - 98,773

;)

Xenoblade is a good game.

That data is old. Here's more recent numbers.

Famitsu:

Xenoblade - 163.442
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Which - 155.500

Media Create:

Xenoblade - 177.659
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Which - 150.715

They're both new IPs that are RPGs? Its not like we're comparing different genres. Nino also appeared at #11 in NPD, so technically it didn't chart. For all we know Xenoblade could've been at #11 too. My point is, you can't say Nino probably outsold it just because it charted and Xenoblade didn't, they're both niche games. Without numbers, your guess is as good as mine.

No I was talking about how comparing the Japanese market to the western market is stupid. Just because Game A sells better than game B in Japan does not mean Game A will sell better than game B in the West, even if they are in the same genre, which was the assumption you made in the post I quoted.

Its clear this aint going anywhere without numbers so I agree with you on the last sentence.

Ni No Kuni has a lot of substance. Its only a good looking jrpg but it also has solid mechanics and a decent story.

Xenoblade and Ni No Kuni are definitely some of the best jrpgs this gen has had to offer on consoles imo.

Im expecting Vita to be 20k and WiiU to be 10k.

No I was talking about how comparing the Japanese market to the western market is stupid. Just because Game A sells better than game B in Japan does not mean Game A will sell better than game B in the West, even if they are in the same genre, which was the assumption you made in the post I quoted.

Its clear this aint going anywhere without numbers so I agree with you on the last sentence.

Ni No Kuni has a lot of substance. Its only a good looking jrpg but it also has solid mechanics and a decent story.

Xenoblade and Ni No Kuni are definitely some of the best jrpgs this gen has had to offer on consoles imo.

Im expecting Vita to be 20k and WiiU to be 10k.
Well yeah thats the point I was making. What you said is just as reasonable as what I said, which is not that reasonable at all.

I don't think Vita will drop to 20k, 25k is looking more likely.

DaBoss

Media Create Hardware Sales
Code:
3DS LL 	34,180
3DS 	22,684
Vita 	19,328
PS3 	16,807
Wii U 	14,783
PSP 	 8,876
Wii 	 1,718
360 	   536

WOW Vita dropped hard, and the Wii U dropped less than expected?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Muramasa still kicking DQX and G&W's butt.

rjc571

Banned
If the Vita goes back to ~10k a week even after the price drop, I think it's safe to say it's pretty much dead in Japan.

Could it be? If Nintendo releases games on Wii U then Japan might embrace it has their main console?
Don't go back to being crazy now.

They both fell proportionally the same.

Both will be in or heading towards sub-10K again, where they can once again have epic battles for which is selling worse.
Vita had a bigger drop though, if you consider how both consoles have been doing, its doing even worse.

Supply constrained? For serious? :s
They should have oodles of unsold stock.
They are.

Really confused by a lot of the posts in here the past few minutes.
I actually meant to write "fell" and edited. But I suppose "feel" works too.

Vita was falling from a higher high. It fell around ~12K to end up ~19K, while Wii U fell ~8K to end up at ~15K.

crinale

Supply constrained? For serious? :s
They should have oodles of unsold stock.
I actually meant to write "fell" and edited. But I suppose "feel" works too.

Vita was falling from a higher high. It fell around ~12K to end up ~19K, while Wii U fell ~8K to end up at ~15K.

That's for real. Go to Yodobashi or any big retailer and they'll tell you they hand you one at middle of May or something.

Top Bottom