• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 13, 2014 (Mar 24 - Mar 30)

No version of Natural Doctrine charting on Amazon JP top 100 atm. Lots of people complaining about the difficulty, and there are some complainants about the graphics of the PS4 version too.

amazon review said:
It does not have advanced only to the middle, but is evaluated as follows. 1 graphic PS2 average. It became the lessons that should not be expecting a beautiful graphics just because PS4. 2 The length of combat time. It is a game to advance to think, but 70% of the time combat is turn the enemy. Skip, simple display not more I like the game of difficulty difficult. 3, wanton death is often.  You can only go remember dead as Dark Souls, but please think it's gate to death the boss to take a few tens of minutes determined.  Things that went carried out very carefully for a long time, become repeat vain Some tough mentally.

sörine

Banned
Your own post dictates the problem lol
I find comg the best for indications within a series or franchise comparison mainly. It accurately predicted the significant SW4 and Basara 3 declines recently for example. My predictions would end up (and have ended up) a lot worse if I didn't do comg comparisons.

sörine;107250833 said:
I find comg the best for indications within a series or franchise comparison mainly. It accurately predicted the significant SW4 and Basara 3 declines redently for example. My predictions would end up (and gave ended up) a lot worse if I didn't do comg comparisons.

Yeah you shouldn't compare points from different series. The key in using comg is to compare points from entries in the same series. For example when XIII-2 closed with half XIII preorders people knew it was going to open with half FW sales. When 3D World closed with less than half of Galaxy 2 points people knew it was going to have a very bad FW.

No version of Natural Doctrine charting on Amazon JP top 100 atm. Lots of people complaining about the difficulty, and there are some complainants about the graphics of the PS4 version too.

Yeah I heard form the import thread thats its incredibly hard. Its even hard for the Japanese 0_0. This makes me even more excited.

I don't see any issues there, different series/game have different pre-orders/sales pattern. With appropriate context comg numbers are still useful to predict how a game is going to perform.

sörine;107250833 said:
I find comg the best for indications within a series or franchise comparison mainly. It accurately predicted the significant SW4 and Basara 3 declines recently for example. My predictions would end up (and have ended up) a lot worse if I didn't do comg comparisons.

So they use a universal scale that is only comparable when looking at one franchise? Yeah thats stupid.

sörine

Banned
So they use a universal scale that is only comparable when looking at one franchise? Yeah thats stupid.
Different stores cater to different audiences. It makes sense to keep comparisons within the context of that and isolating by series is one way to easily do that.

I can tell you anecdotally I do much better in the predictions when I use comg. Like I did last month.

Alrus

That's not a scale, one point=one pre order at their store. They're not a sale tracker, why would they make complicated stuff for each franchises when they don't really care.

Jamix012

Is 18k some important barrier?

Below 20k is the target for this week and then the waiting for PS4 dropping below 10k.

Not really, it's just sort of asking people whether it'll drop below 20k is pointless because it almost certainly will drop below 20k with it's continued post-launch slide + tax hike. 18k is just sort the ballpark of where I could see it falling, but I wanted to gauge what other Sales Agers thought. Also Vita did 18,942 in it's 7th week. So... Yeah.

That's not a scale, one point=one pre order at their store. They're not a sale tracker, why would they make complicated stuff for each franchises when they don't really care.

But there isn't a positive correlation between pre-orders and sales so the points sytem is quite useless in measuring sales.

As I have said, its only good for getting a vague idea.

L~A

I know March isn't quite over yet, but since there's only 1 day left... Here's the Leg-o-meter - March edition!

sanstitre1omuil.png

Youkai Watch finally took Puzzle & Dragons Z's crown this month, and Kirby Triple Deluxe followed suite. Those two games have niiiice legs.

L~A

Sorry for the double-post, but looks like Nintendo has once again registered '2DS' as a trademark. Actually, it looks like they updated their trademark, so I'm not sure...

2ds_trademark8ksse.jpg

Source

Guess that confirms my guess that they're gonna have a new 3DS model released this year.

I know March isn't quite over yet, but since there's only 1 day left... Here's the Leg-o-meter - March edition!

Youkai Watch finally took Puzzle & Dragons Z's crown this month, and Kirby Triple Deluxe followed suite. Those two games have niiiice legs.

Umm, it's April 7th, March has been over for a week. :p

What did you mean by that? :p

Unless you meant just the sales dates, as we're missing March 31st. But there's no way to tell what amount sold in that one day.

L~A

New? As in completely new? Or just the 2DS releasing in Japan?

There is still March 31st which isn't accounted for in this thread.

I mean a new model, which means either the 2DS or something totally new (the 2DS IS a new model for Japan). But looks like it's going to be the 2DS, after all.

Umm, it's April 7th, March has been over for a week. :p

What did you mean by that? :p

Unless you meant just the sales dates, as we're missing March 31st. But there's no way to tell what amount sold in that one day.

I'm talking about the "charts dates". I felt that waiting until next week wasn't really worth it, since there was only 1 day left in March.

hang on, does anyone have that document that has an updated Fire Emblem: Awakening LTD (worldwide)

I remember seeing it in an old thread, but I can't find it anymore

L~A

New Taiko Drum Master announced! And it's for... the 3DS!

Can't say I'm surprised. It's cool to see BN still doing portable Taiko Drum Master, as the last one was pretty good iirc (with rather nice legs).

Shengar

When Japan bemoan about graphic, you must doing it horribly wrong.
Yeah, I know why they complained though. It's look like a straight port from the PS3 without any improvement whatsoever. The quite extreme difficulty didn't help either. I just hope it's profitable enough from its possible cult following.

RalchAC

No. And those"sales" still went at around 5000 yen. Resale value is also still high.

Oh, thanks. Hope it means the Vita is getting P5. I'm totally going to buy this game when it's released on PS3 but I'll totally double dip.

Summer 2014 = June 21, 2014 - September 20, 2014

Winter 2014= December 21, 2014 - March 19, 2015

I don't get it. The 3DS doesn't need a system seller. The WiiU does. Still, they're releasing the game that could help to improve WiiU sales first on the 3DS. Will this game support 1 cartridge = 4 players on the handheld?

Rolf NB

The new Xbox One you mean? ;)
I don't remember them doing much for me lately, but I certainly do not wish the Xbox One's inevitably dire Japanese fate on Tecmo and/or Koei.
I don't get it. The 3DS doesn't need a system seller. The WiiU does. Still, they're releasing the game that could help to improve WiiU sales first on the 3DS. Will this game support 1 cartridge = 4 players on the handheld?
Maybe the Wii U version is just not going to be ready before that.

Or some weird "spreading out the release schedule" reasons that would only make sense to Nintendo...

So how will the Smash Brothers dates affect Wii U's chances in Japan?

If the majority of Japanese gamers are happy with the 3DS version that they get like 4 months prior will nearly as many people buy a Wii U for Smash versus if they had released same day or Wii U first?

duckroll

I think the Smash gap is just going to further illustrate the problem Nintendo has with making the WiiU seem like an attractive unique platform. I mentioned this before back when Mario 3D World was coming out, and now it's looking worse than ever. Almost every major first party title with strong sales potential can be perceived as a "follow up" to a 3DS title, instead of something unique to the WiiU.

NSMB2 -> NSMBU

SMB3DL -> SMB3DW

MK7 -> MK8

With the 3DS being a very popular platform and the WiiU being an unpopular platform, the perception would only make more people think "Oh, if I have a 3DS I probably don't need to get a WiiU since the games are on the 3DS anyway." Whether that perception is fair or not is irrelevant, because if it has an impact on whether people want to buy the system, then the perception becomes a market reality.

With Smash being a huge title and one which actually has strong console appeal over portable, if they came out at the same time, it could have still been an advantage to the WiiU. But with potentially a half-year gap between the two, if the majority of fans in Japan get used to playing it on portables instead and enjoy it well enough, it's just going to hurt the WiiU more. No question about it.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I think the Smash gap is just going to further illustrate the problem Nintendo has with making the WiiU seem like an attractive unique platform. I mentioned this before back when Mario 3D World was coming out, and now it's looking worse than ever. Almost every major first party title with strong sales potential can be perceived as a "follow up" to a 3DS title, instead of something unique to the WiiU.

NSMB2 -> NSMBU

SMB3DL -> SMB3DW

MK7 -> MK8

With the 3DS being a very popular platform and the WiiU being an unpopular platform, the perception would only make more people think "Oh, if I have a 3DS I probably don't need to get a WiiU since the games are on the 3DS anyway." Whether that perception is fair or not is irrelevant, because if it has an impact on whether people want to buy the system, then the perception becomes a market reality.

With Smash being a huge title and one which actually has strong console appeal over portable, if they came out at the same time, it could have still been an advantage to the WiiU. But with potentially a half-year gap between the two, if the majority of fans in Japan get used to playing it on portables instead and enjoy it well enough, it's just going to hurt the WiiU more. No question about it.

Right. Nintendo took an exclusive home console title and has arguably made it more attractive for their handheld (at least in terms of capitalizing on fans wanting the game ASAP) which already has initial versions of almost every major franchise.

This certainly appears to be doubling down on their success and moving on as soon as they can from their failure.

Top Bottom