• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 14, 2014 (Mar 31 - Apr 06)

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Wii U might actually outsell PS4 in Japan when all is said and done. Amazing.

Oh and in before "PS4 is supply limited!"

NotLiquid

I doubt it. PS4 will eventually get generation exclusive games that spur hardware sales in Japan by a rather good margin like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
The writing has been on the wall for a while now. It's going to be a long slog for video games in Japan.

Foshy

There's something wrong in that 3DS numbers :/

Wii U too, now that you mention it. Wii Party U and NSMBU are around 6-7k and they're bundled, so 15k seems strangely high especially because everything else is down...is there a Just Dance bundle?

It's still strange because it goes both against the leaked numbers and Media Creates, which are in line with what we got in the OP.

EDIT: Oh, and even PS4 at 25k. They seem completely borked

Amazing. Now the Wii U sales numbers are starting to look good compared to the competition. Oh man.. this is bad.... When comes out the next big game for PS4? And i starting to think that MK8 is not going to be that great in term of sales. Over there. its game over in Japan. Sad

I doubt it. PS4 will eventually get generation exclusive games that spur hardware sales in Japan by a rather good margin like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.

Yeah with GTA5 selling well I can see the eventually Definitive Edition and GTA6 pushing PS4 sales in a few years at the very least, compared to the WiiU which will depend on Nintendo to push it.

Darius

Banned
answer taken from the old thread

Nope, why would it ? As i said im talking from a hardware point, there is the development-tool environment as well which of course will be based on their current software. They wont redo their whole dev pipeline when working on 4DS software.

You see despite, the big difference between PS3 and PSV there is some kind of cross-development, shared resources going on. Why exactly would a more streamlined architecture than the Cell-CPU cause more problems to create a similar shared ecosystem between WiiU and Nintendos next gen handheld. The handheld can still be designed with their next gen console in mind. Instead of rushing out a new console they should concentrate on WiiU and their next handheld, especially if the proposed solution is a weak/cheap 200$ console in the middle of this generation.

So much for all the triumph of last week. 3DS heading under 30k is not good at all, and Vita continues to look amazing compared to the 3DS's performance given the disparity in their lineups.

Jamix012

I don't think anyone's gonna say the latter. For reference, Vita did 18.9k on the same week after launch, I believe.

So much for all the triumph of last week. 3DS heading under 30k is not good at all, and Vita continues to look amazing compared to the 3DS's performance given the disparity in their lineups.

I also wouldn't say this. Vita is doing pretty decently this year, but I'd be pretty surprised if this isn't it's peak year. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't feel the Vita has room to move up, though I'd like to be proved otherwise next year. The 3DS is doing poorly because it's getting closer to market saturation, which is pretty worrying, considering it's only at about 50% of the DS LTD.

phanphare

Banned
this week sucks

::waves goodbye to PS4::

at least the Wii U will get some company soon. it can get lonely all by itself.

Orteip490

Wii U too, now that you mention it. Wii Party U and NSMBU are around 6-7k and they're bundled, so 15k seems strangely high especially because everything else is down...is there a Just Dance bundle?

It's still strange because it goes both against the leaked numbers and Media Creates, which are in line with what we got in the OP.

EDIT: Oh, and even PS4 at 25k. They seem completely borked

Yep. Where have you found the Media Creates? (I can only find last week's numbers).

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Is it possible the PS4 goes below Wii U sales? And if so, how quick do you think FF and KH gets a Wii U version?
Yes it is, consider that this year will see Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros, not only it's possible, but it is absolutely expected that WiiU outsells PS4 in some weeks (that doesn't mean it will outsell it at the end of the generation, I think most of us expect PS4 to take what is left of that crown).

And no, FF and KH will not get a WiiU version, that ship sailed a long time ago when the Wii didn't get versions of said games (and most 3rd party big titles) and was outselling PS3 worldwide and in Japan. So let's stop the port begging.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I don't think anyone's gonna say the latter. For reference, Vita did 18.9k on the same week after launch, I believe.
Well I hope nobody believes it's supply limited in Japan anymore. But that (increasingly hilarious) excuse has been mentioned in every one of these threads since launch.

Stealth50

Relative to last week hardware salesnumbers:
1. 360 = 95.2%
2. PS3 = 72.3%
3. PSP = 67.8%
4. PS4 = 62.3%
5. WiU = 58.8%
6. PSV = 56.9%
7. 3DS = 54.9%

The Japanese are growing tired of handheld gaming and the new consoles from Sony and Nintendo struggle to gain any momentum. The only console to maintain its sales is the Xbox 360. In my opinion now is the perfect time to introduce The One to the Japanese and win the Japanese console market with a knockout.

/s

SmokyDave

With the PS4 on the market that's not really a positive sign :(
If you want positive signs, look to the mobile market. That's where the growth is.

Well I hope nobody believes it's supply limited in Japan anymore. But that (increasingly hilarious) excuse has been mentioned in every one of these threads since launch.
A; No it hasn't, unless it was people like you being sarcastic.

B; It's clear that it was supply constrained for a week or two. Famitsu said as much. That doesn't indicate there is / was some huge built-up demand. It just means that for that short period, there was demand ever so slightly in excess of ready supply.

Davey Cakes

Amazing. Now the Wii U sales numbers are starting to look good compared to the competition. Oh man.. this is bad.... When comes out the next big game for PS4? And i starting to think that MK8 is not going to be that great in term of sales. Over there. its game over in Japan. Sad
MK8 will greatly improve the situation.

Of course, in Japan that means doubling the already low sales, at best. It's dire over there.

Time for Nintendo to shift more resources towards the West.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
jOyeJzvOQuRpD.png

too soon?

Road

From Famitsu page:

?

It's bugged. Wii U has this week's PS4 number, while PS4 has last week's. haha

what is coming for the PS4 this year with a definite date?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/releases/region-2

04/14 Final Fantasy XIV Online: Shinsei Eorzea
05/01 Child of Light
05/22 inFamous: Second Son
05/29 Trials Fusion
06/05 Assault Suit Leynos
Wolfenstein: The New Order
06/12 Thief
06/26 Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate
Watch Dogs

at least sony wasnt wrong for delaying the japanese launch lol

It was clearly released too soon. Should be on holiday 2014. At least it would have put up a fight against the Wii U.

ec0ec0

now we know that smash for 3ds is for summer. The best moment for releasing a new 3ds model this year would be before/with smash, right?? hopefully is not really late "summer".

Foshy

I also wouldn't say this. Vita is doing pretty decently this year, but I'd be pretty surprised if this isn't it's peak year. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't feel the Vita has room to move up, though I'd like to be proved otherwise next year. The 3DS is doing poorly because it's getting closer to market saturation, which is pretty worrying, considering it's only at about 50% of the DS LTD.

If the 3DS' successor isn't much more powerful than the Vita (which isn't too unlikely, because Nintendo), I could see it living through 2 generations in Japan if they can cut the price further. Might surprise everyone with its LTD when everything's said and done.

Top Bottom