• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 15, 2013 (Apr 08 - Apr 14)

serplux

I don't think the 3DS fall line up will be an issue. Even if it ONLY has pokemon and the aforementioned Project Mirai and Level 5 games it'll still do huge numbers. I sort of expect Monster Hunter 4 to still be charting through that period and there are enough releases in the summer to give it some huge momentum into fall even if Pokemon has to sustain the boost on it's own.

It's getting Mario Party as well, which did big numbers on the DS. There is also obviously unnannounced stuff that will make an appearance this winter.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Depends completely on upcoming third party support, we're only a third of the year in, there's still alot of time left for announcements.

Whats sad is since 2005-20011 there's been 16 Yu-Gi-Oh games that I can see at garaph.info, none passed 200k. This is worse than Capcom style of milking.

Do we have software totals for the Game Boy? And an all-time chart for games?

They will probably have some other niche titles, and of course they cannot do worse than last year, with only AKB149 for Christmas, but yeah, they are in trouble with the Fall line-up now. In fact, we don't know about 3DS Fall line-up as well, outside Project Mirai, Inazuma Eleven Go Galaxy and the new Little Battle Experience.
Yeah I'm not pressing the panic button yet since Japan normally announces about 2-5 months before launch instead of the 6-12 of the West, at least for titles targeted at the home market.

That said, I don't give the Vita the benefit of the doubt these days.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's got a new generation Pokémon game in October. That's enough by itself to sell through to January because people who don't already have a 3DS and were waiting for Pokémon will pick it up and possibly a bunch of back catalog titles.

This is assuming the not very likely scenario that 3DS gets no major announcements for Fall games.

donny2112

Was there major software for the PS3 when the price lever was pulled mid-2007?

You mean the clearance of the 20GB systems and the lowering of the 60GB system? Don't think so. In Japan, Minna no Golf 5 was released around, then, but I'm not sure of the discontinuing of the 20GB and lowering of the 60GB system worked the same as in the U.S. For the 40GB system in the Fall of 2007 at $400 (i.e. the really big initial price cut), they had a new color (White) and Shin Sangoku Musou 5 (Dynasty Warriors 6) was released.

Edit:
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue was about a month after the 40GB with price drop, too.

It's got a new generation Pokémon game in October. That's enough by itself to sell through to January because people who don't already have a 3DS and were waiting for Pokémon will pick it up and possibly a bunch of back catalog titles.

This is assuming the not very likely scenario that 3DS gets no major announcements for Fall games.

And although it may not have Zelda for the holidays, it will have Mario Party, too, which could end up with 1-2 million.

Dalthien

There's like 16 stores. It's a tiny portion of the market.

Well yeah - but what's the joke? They're reporting their own sales. They aren't making predictions about Japan as a whole. It's actually pretty cool that they take the time to provide the numbers to the public at all.

Well yeah - but what's the joke? They're reporting their own sales. They aren't making predictions about Japan as a whole. It's actually pretty cool that they take the time to provide the numbers to the public at all.

The joke, and I'm just guessing here, might be that people post the numbers as if they do mean something.

Road

That's a discussion that we've had ad nauseam in these threads though. The numbers are what they are - the sales that occurred at the comg stores.

Yep, the joke is on us for trying to read the tea leaves on Comgnet points (or Amazon, or Tsutaya or retailer blogs).

Dalthien

Yep, the joke is on us for trying to read the tea leaves on Comgnet points (or Amazon, or Tsutaya or retailer blogs).

Ha ha - yeah. The way it was worded made it sound like he was saying that the comg numbers themselves were a joke.

Personally though, I don't even mind the comg tea leaves so much. It doesn't seem any more silly than people speculating based on how many advertisements someone saw on the subway, or someone reporting that Yodobashi is sold out of white Vitas, or someone commenting on the Amazon rankings.

It's the kind of stuff that happens on a regular basis in these threads based on all kinds of sources of questionable relevance. It's what happens during the weekend lulls as people are just stuck waiting a few days for the next batch of numbers to arrive.

Yeah, he's comparing AC's preorder points to TC's weekly sales points. Also, unless he meant the sequel, ToX opened over 500k.
I'm pretty that's weekly, you have a different number?

As for TOX, yeah, I missed a 2 there, sorry.

EDIT: Pre-order TC 503 / AC 655.

And people this is just for fun, dont mind us. :p

hiska-kun

The Tsutaya's weekly chart:

01 (__) [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life (Nintendo)
02 (__) [PS3] Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Storm 3 (Bandai Namco Games)
03 (__) [PSP] 7th Dragon 2020-II (Sega) (¥6.279)
04 (01) [3DS] Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (Nintendo)
05 (03) [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
06 (16) Friend Collection: New Life (DL version) (Nintendo)
07 (04) [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (Bandai Namco Games)
08 (05) [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2013 (Konami)
09 (06) [PSP] Pro Baseball Spirits 2013 (Konami)
10 (02) [3DS] Card Fight!! Vanguard: Ride To Victory!! (FuRyu)
11 (__) [PSP] Amnesia Crowd (Idea Factory)
12 (08) [PS3] Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX (Square Enix)
13 (07) [PSP] Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment (Bandai Namco Games)
14 (11) [PSV] Soul Sacrifice (Sony Computer Entertainment)
15 (09) [PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (Bandai Namco Games)
16 (18) [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Best Price!) (Capcom)
17 (10) [PSV] Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Marvelous AQL)
18 (12) [3DS] Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies (Level 5)
19 (41) [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! (Bandai Namco Games)
20 (14) [3DS] Dragon Quest VII: Fighters of Eden (Square Enix)

DGRE

Banned
Ha ha - yeah. The way it was worded made it sound like he was saying that the comg numbers themselves were a joke.

Personally though, I don't even mind the comg tea leaves so much. It doesn't seem any more silly than people speculating based on how many advertisements someone saw on the subway, or someone reporting that Yodobashi is sold out of white Vitas, or someone commenting on the Amazon rankings.

It's the kind of stuff that happens on a regular basis in these threads based on all kinds of sources of questionable relevance. It's what happens during the weekend lulls as people are just stuck waiting a few days for the next batch of numbers to arrive.

Sorry, I thought it would be understood that I just meant that the numbers are next to useless as a meaningful analysis tool.

I do agree that it's far from the only thing people mistakenly cling to.

Are we going to see Golden week numbers this week or next week?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Does anyone have accurate numbers how much Killzone sold in the past? Japan only of course.

I should probably mention this, but there's also j-star victory versus too. Somehow it slipped my mind

He is talking about this: https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/statuses/325307814673268736

Square Enix filled a new trademark, and it might be related to DQM2.

I don't see how that would impact Vita sales, something like Persona or Yakuza maybe, but not Dragon Quest.

I kind of lost my brain a little when i typed that. I meant to say these are meaningless in terms of closing the gap if DQM got announced for the 3DS.

The Tsutaya's weekly chart:

01 (__) [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life (Nintendo)
02 (__) [PS3] Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Storm 3 (Bandai Namco Games)
03 (__) [PSP] 7th Dragon 2020-II (Sega) (¥6.279)
04 (01) [3DS] Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (Nintendo)
05 (03) [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
06 (16) Friend Collection: New Life (DL version) (Nintendo)
07 (04) [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (Bandai Namco Games)
08 (05) [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2013 (Konami)
09 (06) [PSP] Pro Baseball Spirits 2013 (Konami)
10 (02) [3DS] Card Fight!! Vanguard: Ride To Victory!! (FuRyu)
11 (__) [PSP] Amnesia Crowd (Idea Factory)
12 (08) [PS3] Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX (Square Enix)
13 (07) [PSP] Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment (Bandai Namco Games)
14 (11) [PSV] Soul Sacrifice (Sony Computer Entertainment)
15 (09) [PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (Bandai Namco Games)
16 (18) [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Best Price!) (Capcom)
17 (10) [PSV] Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Marvelous AQL)
18 (12) [3DS] Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies (Level 5)
19 (41) [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! (Bandai Namco Games)
20 (14) [3DS] Dragon Quest VII: Fighters of Eden (Square Enix)

I gather Tomodachi collection's sales are going to be high, not differently from Animal crossing: new leaf.

I gather Tomodachi collection's sales are going to be high, not differently from Animal crossing: new leaf.
It should open similiar to AC, but the legs won't be as beastly. AC's first week was closer to the holidays while Tomodachi is opening close to Golden week. 400k first week is a lock, 500k is my guess.

3DS hardware should be close 100k, probably around 80-90k.

Takao

Banned
Interesting response.

Given the context of that response maybe I could've worded that better. Harvest Moon isn't going to be on any platform other than 3DS in the time being, but I expect a tonne of random spinoffs like it got on DS given the success of A New Beginning.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Given the context of that response maybe I could've worded that better. Harvest Moon isn't going to be on any platform other than 3DS in the time being, but I expect a tonne of random spinoffs like it got on DS given the success of A New Beginning.

To put it in perspective Harvest Moon had 6 DS farming simulations in 8 years, 1 Harvest Moon branded spinoff, and 3 Rune Factory games.

To be honest, as the poster before already specified, DS didn't have so many Harvest Moon as you're implying. Also, market changed, and Marvelous know they cannot put an yearly entry in the series as they were doing on DS; indeed, even after the sales of a New Beginning, we still don't have a new announcement for the series yet.

Then, we had Rune Factory which is hardly an Harvest Moon spin-off already, and it turned into its own series. But of course, 3DS will have some more Harvest Moon effort, as well as some new IPs (Kaio, if it still exists) and sequel of IPs created on the same very platform.

Road

I think he meant the magazine.

Doh... My turn to look silly. haha

https://twitter.com/Nore139/status/326834205566844931

The guy who runs the blog that usually posts Famitsu info very early said "since the Famitsu info came out yesterday, there's no article"???

I don't remember any Famitsu info yesterday. There's a magazine this week. There's no magazine next (golden) week, I think.

Usually other people who have the magazine also post on 2ch, but later.

Doh... My turn to look silly. haha

https://twitter.com/Nore139/status/326834205566844931

The guy who runs the blog that usually posts Famitsu info very early said "since the Famitsu info came out yesterday, there's no article"???

I don't remember any Famitsu info yesterday. There's a magazine this week. There's no magazine next (golden) week, I think.

Usually other people who have the magazine also post on 2ch, but later.

The fuck? Nothing showed yesterday...

test_account

XP-39C²
Do you think there is any chance that the Vita hardware increased last week because of the restocking of the blue and red colors?

EDIT: Moved the post to the new Media Create thread instead.

Top Bottom