• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 15, 2013 (Apr 08 - Apr 14)

#iwishthisawfultrendwouldfuckingdie
This "year of Luigi" thing is so silly. =/
3qr80g.jpg

Nekki

Dat Luigi!! Amazing, like donny said it probably will reach 1m or be very close to it (I'm thinking DKCR close).

One piece on the other hand, will barely be able to sell that 500k.

Damn, and here I thought 15k would be the new baseline. 14k is not that far off, but i can only see it go down from here.

This time of the year is not too busy, so I expect the hardware drops. They will all have a varying boost during GW and then go back to their expected ranges most likely. 3DS at 60k, Vita and Wii U to the coffin, etc.

Taker666

Pretty big drops across the board.

I didn't expect 3DS to drop that much (although I suppose it could be due to the new colours/bundle coming this week).

I'm sure some will make the shortages excuse, but it's pretty apparent that the Vita price cut is a failure, though it did result in a longer respite than I had initially expected. Ironically, it'll probably go down in gaming history as having shortened the platform's lifespan, as it'll make it harder for Hirai and Yoshida to justify keeping it around.

Nekki

#iwishthisawfultrendwouldfuckingdie

Not too different from you opening up a champagne bottle when Vita sells above 25k :p

Except... it's spammed more, okay yeah.

Luigi is likeable I guess!

Edit:
Ridiculous though the 'year of Luigi' stuff is, I was specifically referring to the hashtags.

Oops ignore this post then.

Animal Crossing seems to be slowing down considerably.

Hanmik

break out the champagne.. vita above 1.5 million in japan..!
us Vita players need to celebrate something

haven't really been following, but wasn't Soul Sacrifice suppose to be the next big thing? Seems to have done decently for new ip... but yeah.

I'm sure some will make the shortages excuse, but it's pretty apparent that the Vita price cut is a failure, though it did result in a longer respite than I had initially expected. Ironically, it'll probably go down in gaming history as having shortened the platform's lifespan, as it'll make it harder for Hirai and Yoshida to justify keeping it around.

Agreed.

Not surprised, though if people just point at one or two consoles for dropping, it's a bit ignorant.
Because they're both coming off of brief rises. Because their drops are proportionally larger. Because they're both relatively new platforms. Because prior to their brief rises they were both selling very poorly. Enough reasons for you?

zroid

Banned
I guess I may have been too optimistic pegging Vita at 15-20k stable. But everything's down right now, so we'll see. It might still hover around 15.

Kimawolf

Not too different from you opening up a champagne bottle when Vita sells above 25k :p

Except... it's spammed more, okay yeah.

Luigi is likeable I guess!

Edit:

Oops ignore this post then.

Animal Crossing seems to be slowing down considerably.

Of course, because everyone is preparing for the inevitable Wii U version to come out.

Beast mode!

It's down YoY in every territory now, isn't it?

I'm not sure about mainland Europe, but pretty much. At least there are some bigger titles lined up for the latter half of the year than last year so maybe the 3DS will catch some respite.

I was thinking this myself, an (unsuccessful) price drop has shortened its life.
Depends on how the next batch of software props the system up. They can't afford to have another lacklustre holiday period.

mclem

If WeeGee is doing this good in Japan, can't wait to see how the title is doing in other regions. I will get the game eventually...

My copy arrived today; I'm off on holiday in a couple of weeks, I'll be saving it for then.

Genuinely think LM has the potential to be a million-seller now. Wonder if there's an eShop component to the sales figures we're not seeing, too, although it probably won't be huge.

Somnid

haven't really been following, but wasn't Soul Sacrifice suppose to be the next big thing? Seems to have done decently for new ip... but yeah.

No. It was essentially Vita's last hope though. The only option they have left is a redesign, but even then it's pretty clear it's screwed from a software standpoint.

Oh wasn't Vita supposed to drop below 10k before end of March ?

Asimov

Banned

Yes.

It was supposed to be Vita's Monster Hunter... it was supposed to be Vita's savior in Japan.

Supposed is the key word.

Dragon

Banned

People make excuses both ways. Doesn't change the facts. Vita is the best hardware handheld on the market and it ain't selling worth a poop in any territory.

Top Bottom