• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 15, 2013 (Apr 08 - Apr 14)

Sandfox

Sony is just letting the Vita drop back down to its old levels

So guess that makes Mario Party 3DS (back to the original style, hooray!) the big Fall Nintendo title. No Zelda 3DS this year, then?

Edit:
Super Luigi U during the Summer, so maybe they'll launch New Super Mario Bros. U Complete Edition this Fall for Wii U for people who didn't get the DLC and/or just bought a Wii U, and weren't planning to go back to older titles.

I cant think that would be the only title. Maybe in conjunction with something else

In terms of fall titles there's Pokemon and there will probably be more 3rd party announcements by then.

Its based on how when Vita went up, PSP finally started dropping to noticeably lower numbers. It could just be that interest is fading naturally and users aren't moving to another platform but I'd prefer to take the optimistic interpretation.

The PSP is dying but the Vita is dropping right down with it so it really hasn't done a good job of replacing it yet.

tauroxd

They need to be mindful of friendly fire whilst they empty their magazines into the already defeated Vita.

That's what I think, but one could argue that 3DS and Wii U are in totally different universes and can't hurt each other. But that doesn't make it impossible to have some bad impact on Wii U...

tauroxd

Then they would be crazy.

But I'm pretty sure many people think like that.

What I'm trying to say is some people will be blinded and will say that we are just negative, wich I'm not but I don't like this 0 news from Nintendo about Wii U, I mean, they probably have nothing to show, yes, but they have to find some way to let people know they are working they asses off to let the console live a good life.

Spiegel

That's what I think, but one could argue that 3DS and Wii U are in totally different universes and can't hurt each other. But that doesn't make it impossible to have some bad impact on Wii U...

Not just talking about the finite first party resources Nintendo seems to not care about planning releases.

We have Zelda WW HD at the end of the year, okay, let's release A link to the Past 2 early in 2014
We have Yoshi WiiU this year, okay, let's release Yoshi's Island 3 this year too
We have Wii Sports U this year, okay, let's release Mario Party 3DS this year too

It's NSMB2->NSMBU all over again.

L Thammy

All charts launch-aligned. All data from Media Create weekly releases.
Weekly numbers presented in logarithmic base 1,000 for clarity. In that case, zero units are represented by one unit.

wrkakaF.png

1H78hDT.png

zzghvlG.png

oMCD0GL.png

Note, since this draws only from the top 10 it does not represent smaller titles.
e.g., software sales of zero are assumed if the console has no games in the top 10.

xXfRGZp.png

Tally of the number of titles for that platform in the top 20 for each week.
I can't find the top 20 for PS3's second week. It has been assumed as zero.

Feel free to criticize or point out mistakes.

donny2112

Not just talking about the finite first party resources Nintendo seems to not care about planning releases.

We have Zelda WW HD at the end of the year, okay, let's release A link to the Past 2 early in 2014
We have Yoshi WiiU this year, okay, let's release Yoshi's Island 3 this year too
We have Wii Sports U this year, okay, let's release Mario Party 3DS this year too

It's NSMB2->NSMBU all over again.

Yoshi Yarn and a possible Wii Sports U have no release date that I know of.

donny2112

There was an (untitled, IIRC) party game announced, but no Wii Sports.

Oh, yeah. Wii Party U is a Summer title. Don't expect that to do much for the system, though. That's definitely a "buy if I already have the console" type of game for party game aficionados.

Spiegel

Right, it was Wii Party U. It fits even better with what I was saying because both party games are slated for summer.

donny2112

Right, it was Wii Party U. It fits even better with what I was saying because both party games are slated for summer.

Mario Party 3DS is a Winter 2013 title. Wii Party U would do nothing compared to Mario Party proper, though. (At least from my understanding of the two series.)

Spiegel

Mario Party 3DS is a Winter 2013 title. Wii Party U would do nothing compared to Mario Party proper, though. (At least from my understanding of the two series.)

Well, I better stop making comments today because after watching the Nintendo Direct all these Marios are blending together in my mind. I guess I mixed it with Mario RPG or Golf.

Sorry.

BriBri

So I updated the announced Nintendo 3DS Release Schedule as below...

Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu (18 April)
Oshare De Kawaii Koinu To Asobo! Machi-Hen and Umi-Hen (18 April)
Kawaii Koinu 3D (18 April)
Photos Together: Super Mario (23 April)
Famicom Detective Club (24 April)
Adventure Island II (24 April)
Great Egg Adventure (24 April)
Art of Balance Touch! (24 April)
SIMPLE DL Series Vol. 11 (24 April)
SIMPLE DL Series Vol. 12 (24 April)
Shaun the Sheep Volume 4 3D (24 April)
Detective Conan: Marionette Symphony (25 April)
Starry☆Sky~in Spring~3D (25 April)
G1 Grand Prix (Genki the Best) (16 May)
Shin Megami Tensei IV (23 May)
Tamagotchi no Dokidoki: Dream Omisecchi (23 May)
Nuigurumi no Cake: Magic Pastry Shop (23 May)
Kira*Meki Fashionable Salon! (30 May)
KORG M01D (May)
Donkey Kong Returns 3D (13 June)
Gyrozetter: Wings of the Albatross (13 June)
Ninja JaJaMaru-kun: Princess Sakura and the Secret Dragon! (20 June)
Kuma Tomo (20 June)
Sayonora Umihara Kawase (20 June)
Etrian Odyssey: Millennium Girl (27 June)
Digimon World: Re:Digitize Decode (27 June)
Starry☆Sky~in Summer~3D (27 June)
Little Battlers eXperience W: Chou Custom (27 June)
Toriko: Gourmet ga Battle (4 July)
Happy Mamegoma! (4 July)
Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life (11 July)
Youkai Watch (11 July)
Elminage Gothic 3D Remix (11 July)
Mario & Luigi RPG 4: Dream Adventure (18 July)
Ace Attorney 5 (25 July)
Beast Saga: The Strongest Clash in the Colosseum (25 July)
Hoppechan: Tsukutte! Asonde! Punipuni Town!! (25 July)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Mini Carnival (Summer)
Devil Survivor 2: Break Record (Summer)
Little Battlers eXperience Wars (Summer)
Flipnote Studio 3D (Summer)
Mario Golf: World Tour (Summer)
Conception II: Guidance of the Seven Stars and Mazuru’s Nightmare (Summer)
Monster Hunter 4 (August)
Pokémon X & Y (October)
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 (Fall)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past II (Winter)
Mario Party 3DS (Winter)
Gaist Crusher (Winter)
Puzzle & Dragons Z (Winter)
Gunman Story (announced)
Miiverse (announced)
Yoshi’s Island 3DS (announced)
Inazuma Eleven GO Galaxy (announced)
Hometown Story (announced)
Daigasso! Band Brothers (announced)
KAIO: King of Pirates (announced)
Super Smash Bros. 4 (announced)
Monolith Soft game (announced)

Feel free to add or amend.

donny2112

Well, I better stop making comments today because after watching the Nintendo Direct all these Marios are blending together in my mind. I guess I mixed it with Mario RPG or Golf.

Sorry.

I'm all confused with U.S./Japanese dates, because I just watched the U.S. version, so those are the dates in my mind. Had to go to Cheesemeister's twitter recap to find the date of Mario Party 3DS in Japan. :lol

Edit:
U.S. dates (trying to use consistent title names)
Donkey Kong Returns 3D - May 23
Mario Golf: World Tour - Summer
Mario & Luigi 4 - Aug. 11
Mario Party 3DS - Winter
Layton: Azran Legacy - 2014
Zelda: LttP 2 - Holiday 2013
Yoshi's Island 3 - TBD

Game & Wario - June
Wind Waker HD - Fall
Wii Party U - ?
Pikmin 3 - "months"

Japanese Dates
Donkey Kong Returns 3D - June 13
Mario Golf: World Tour - Summer
Mario & Luigi 4 - July 18
Mario Party 3DS - Winter
Layton: Azran Legacy - already released
Zelda: LttP 2 - 2014
Yoshi's Island 3 - TBD

Game & Wario - already released
Pikmin 3 - July 13
Wii Party U - Summer
Wind Waker HD - Fall

Feel free to correct.

Road

At minimum it appears that the Vita is finally moving towards replacing the PSP which could lead toward sales stabilizing at some point.

The only location where the Vita can replace the PSP is in a grave from Sony that has written "Our first portable console to die".

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So, with DQVII-3DS only 100K away from DQVI-DS it's very likely it'll sell better in the end, but seems that DQV-PS2 will still be the highest selling remake of the series (thus far)

saichi

At minimum it appears that the Vita is finally moving towards replacing the PSP which could lead toward sales stabilizing at some point.

Is this from the same source where Mirai hit bomba bin pretty fast? Or Is this a classic example of you looking at figures differently from everyone else?

Vita had it moment. Sony should have capitalised on it but i suppose they do not care much about the Vita with the PS4 coming out this year.

WiiU below 10k ives an indication of how much DQX and Gamee and Wario helped the system.

What I find interesting though is Nintendo's focus in 3DS. It seems when Iwata made that financial goal he wanted the 3DS to make the most of it, so a lot of pressure is being put on 3DS performance.

Wouldn't this list be better served in another thread?
Release lists are posted all the time on Media-Create threads.

So, with DQVII-3DS only 100K away from DQVI-DS it's very likely it'll sell better in the end, but seems that DQV-PS2 will still be the highest selling remake of the series (thus far)
Very likely? Very unlikely more like. Sales have fizzled out at this point for a DQ remake until a budget re-release. Though I guess some e-shop downloads added to its total a tiny bit.

AniHawk

wow, slowest week in a while. looks like luigi's mansion 2 will absolutely be a million-seller. that's fucking crazy. the 3ds is a kingmaker of different types of games this time around compared to the ds. i guess they did get some of that old psp audience?

This list shows internally that Nintendo is putting a lot more effort into the 3DS then the Wii U currently, unless E3 shows a drastic turn around.

Or...they specifically said this was a 3DS focused Nintendo Direct and that E3 would have a larger Wii U focus...well. That is what was actually said

All charts launch-aligned. All data from Media Create weekly releases.
Weekly numbers presented in logarithmic base 1,000 for clarity. In that case, zero units are represented by one unit.

*charts*

Tally of the number of titles for that platform in the top 20 for each week.
I can't find the top 20 for PS3's second week. It has been assumed as zero.

Feel free to criticize or point out mistakes.

I love how the Wii follows no trends and completely demolishes everything

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Surprised Pikmin 3 is possibly releasing before Wii Fit U and W101.

Or...they specifically said this was a 3DS focused Nintendo Direct and that E3 would have a larger Wii U focus...well. That is what was actually said

I love how the Wii follows no trends and completely demolishes everything

Still waiting for all that wonderful 3rd party content and pikmin 3 in the launch window.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Surprised Pikmin 3 is possibly releasing before Wii Fit U and W101.

Given that they announced July 13th for Pikmin 3 and didn't give a specific date for other titles, do you feel it's safe to assume that's their next title?

I mean Wii Fit U's "Summer" technically starts at the end of June, but it would be kind of odd not to date that if it was.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Very likely? Very unlikely more like. Sales have fizzled out at this point for a DQ remake until a budget re-release. Though I guess some e-shop downloads added to its total a tiny bit.
Yeah, I'll have to take that back, was looking at DQIV-DS and that one seems to have been the exception (DQVI-DS fell off a cliff after it reached this level of sales)

Maybe it'll behave more like DQV-DS...

watershed

Banned
What was going on this time last year that the 3ds is still down YoY? Its been that way for a while now. I know Nintendo has some really heavy hitters coming the rest of the year but the 3ds is showing a poor consistency these days in hardware sales.

Vita moving back down to sub price cut levels is a little sad.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Given that they announced July 13th for Pikmin 3 and didn't give a specific date for other titles, do you feel it's safe to assume that's their next title?

I mean Wii Fit U's "Summer" technically starts at the end of June, but it would be kind of odd not to date that if it was.

I think that is most likely, though I think there is a shot W101 gets released in June (of course it would have to be announced like right now).

What was going on this time last year that the 3ds is still down YoY? Its been that way for a while now. I know Nintendo has some really heavy hitters coming the rest of the year but the 3ds is showing a poor consistency these days in hardware sales.

Vita moving back down to sub price cut levels is a little sad.

The Vita is perfect data to show that price drops don't do anything for systems. People that have been in these threads for years continue to spout that price drops do not sustain a new sales level, and yet other members continue to ignore the data. Price drops provide temporary bumps in hardware sales that often last around 1 to 2 months. However when supported with key software (see 3DS) the effects are prolonged. Software will always drive these sales, and no price drop will ignore that. So all of you claiming the Wii U needs a price drop -- take note.

Bruno MB

Two posts from last week:

3DS sold 56.864 units this week.

That's its lowest mark since 3DS LL model was introduced. Previous low was 60.232 (Oct 15 - Oct 21 2012).

After price cut it reached its lowest mark one week prior to launch of the 3DS LL when it sold 44.399. Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu and Golden Week will assure that 3DS doesn't get below that amount.

For comparison's sake, it took NDS after DSL launch 104 weeks to sell below what 3DS did this week.

So as we all knew, 3DS is definitely a beast sales-wise. But is nothing compared with the biggest Titan there will ever be that is NDS.

3DS was really close to reaching its lowest level since since price cut, this week sold 46.723. Fortunately for Nintendo's handheld console Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu comes to the rescue.

After Golden Week we will know if Luigi's Mansion 2 has a legitimate chance to reach the million mark.

No need to wait more lol. Prior to its release I would have never thought that it would be possible, that's crazy.

donny2112

Last year, 3DSXL was released at the end of July, and the 3DS price drop was a little after that the year before. Maybe the Wii U's price drop will hit at the end of July, too, to bring a second bump to the Wii U sales with Wii Fit U then probably coming out in August?

zroid

Banned
Last year, 3DSXL was released at the end of July, and the 3DS price drop was a little after that the year before. Maybe the Wii U's price drop will hit at the end of July, too, to bring a second bump to the Wii U sales with Wii Fit U then probably coming out in August?

OT but

iStock_000014734522XSmall-300x199.jpg

(about BDFF) :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think that is most likely, though I think there is a shot W101 gets released in June (of course it would have to be announced like right now).

Given the target audience I kind of feel Nintendo Direct would have been the incredibly appropriate venue to announce a date for that.

I'm kind of wondering if the game has been delayed a while at this point (maybe even Q1 2014?).

donny2112

(about BDFF) :p

Because of Nintendo publishing? Just guessing off of Nintendo saying they were going to help bring more Japanese games outside Japan. Would've been happily wrong if Square-Enix decided to publish it and Nintendo brought over the DQ games instead. :)

Top Bottom