• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 15, 2014 (Apr 07 - Apr 13)

AniHawk

The 22nd of April is how most non-yank's say it, so it makes perfect logical sense. Don't cite language as a reason, when its clear the language was adjusted to fit your silly little date scheme.

i'm pretty sure we streamlined the process by removing two unnecessary syllables, similar to how we removed all those u's from words like colours and wourds.

Jamix012

i'm pretty sure we streamlined the process by removing two unnecessary syllables, similar to how we removed all those u's from words like colours and wourds.

From my last count "of" only added 1 extra syllable and simply removing a syllable does not make something better. An undue semi-colon can mess up "April 22nd" whereas it can do not such thing in 22nd of April.

Example: "I am looking forward to April; 22nd year of my life!" vs "I am looking forward to April 22nd; year of my life!"

Such a fallacy would never need clarification if you simply added "of".

why would you ever say 2014 april 22 or 22 april 2014. don't blame the us for having the date order make sense with how people talk. in fact, we should be greeted as liberators.

Not sure if you realize that's the only way to sort dates both chronologically and “alphabetically” at the same time

yyyy/mm/dd
2013/11/29 (November 29th 2013)
2014/01/08 (January 8th 2014)
2014/07/20 (July 20th 2014)
2015/02/25 (February 25th 2015)

mm/dd/yyyy
01/08/2014 (January 8th 2014)
02/25/2015 (February 25th 2015)
07/20/2014 (July 20th 2014)
11/29/2013 (November 29th 2013)

If you name files or whatever using yyyy/mm/dd and sort them by name they'll be sorted in chronological order.

SmokyDave

This date bullshit is why I started a new calender on the date of my birth and threw out the whole 'month / year' baggage.

Today is 12,391.

AniHawk

From my last count "of" only added 1 extra syllable and simply removing a syllable does not make something better. An undue semi-colon can mess up "April 22nd" whereas it can do not such thing in 22nd of April.

Example: "I am looking forward to April; 22nd year of my life!" vs "I am looking forward to April 22nd; year of my life!"

i was also counting the word "the." also you should be aware that in our new world order, no one anywhere will ever use semicolons for anything, ever. commas for all!!

wrowa

Take a look at Anihawk's tag, please.

mclem

Why streamline the voicebox approach, when you can streamline how to sort such dates into chronological order? When humanity evolves further such that voiceboxes are just a vestigial husk, we'll still have that lovely, lovely simple computer-based chronological sorting to cuddle up to in the darkness of the nuclear winter.

Shengar

Be ready. They will sell everything and above a million. Youkai Watch is huge now in shops. It's even the MAIN game of the adverts lol

Retailers also pointed people were reserving YW2 and buying a 3DS at the same.
Damn, it becomes phenomenon among the kids I guess.
Would somebody gives mea clue what the kids there think about Youkai Watch?

Frodo

Since we are at it, I want Anyhawk to list the advantages of using the Imperial system as opposed to Metric system.

OT: bracing myself for another boring, depressing week. When do things start to get interesting again? Mario Kart 8?

Damn, it becomes phenomenon among the kids I guess.
Would somebody gives mea clue what the kids there think about Youkai Watch?

We have a poster (whose name I just can't recall) who works as a teacher in Japan and, from time to time, posts his impressions based on what the kids are saying. He usually is on the right mark. I mean, he was right about Wii U's launch and than, last Christmas, Wii U's mini-ascension.

L Thammy

We have a poster (whose name I just can't recall) who works as a teacher in Japan and, from time to time, posts his impressions based on what the kids are saying. He usually is on the right mark. I mean, he was right about Wii U's launch and than, last Christmas, Wii U's mini-ascension.

Vinnk. Don't think he posts very often, but it's great when he does.

I'm not sure how anyone could ever Romanize ようかい (Youkai) as Yo-kai. ;)

Hi, I'd like to buy a copy of "Yoo Ky Watch."

L~A

Since there's nothing really important this week (just Ace Attorney 1-2-3 for me, but I doubt anyone else would consider that important :p), I doubt we'll get some leaks from our dear 'ol Gibson. Oh well.

Ah, but there's Youkai Watch too. We'll see if YW2 announcement had any impact on sales for now, since official announcement was last Monday.

horuhe

We have to know the name.

Youkai Watch is the best move from Level-5 since Inazuma Eleven, imo. The new Pokémon, but not in that levels.

mclem

what are people expecting for Wii U this week? around 4k??

It'll randomly rally to 8.3k for reasons.

I dunno. I think if it's not *at* the floor, it's *near* it. I'm wondering how long it'll take before sales for everything creep up just a little due to people being used to the new taxation paradigm, but I don't think it'll be a significant creep, and I don't think it'll be this soon.

test_account

XP-39C²
The majority of Japanese PS3 games looked like PS2+ titles. I don't expect that to change on PS4.
Maybe. It shall be interesting to see what happends with a PS4/Vita case :)

Are there any game related things to the NicoNico app on the 3DS? I see that its listed in that list, or is it just a mistake?

I'm not sure how anyone could ever Romanize ようかい (Youkai) as Yo-kai. ;)
I sometimes think of "yo, Kai, watch (it, or out)" when i see the romanized title :)

Bruno MB

Yo-kai Watch goes full beast mode.

01./03. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch <RPG> (Level 5) {2013.07.11} (¥4.800) - 49.146 / 757.821 <80-100%> (+71%)

Software

1. Youkai Watch (LevelFive) 3DS – 49,146

2. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Square Enix) PS4 – 34,279

3. Ace Attorney 123: Phoenix Wright Selection (Capcom) 3DS – 26,071

4. Dai-3-ji Super Robot Taisen Z: Jigoku-hen (Bandai Namco) PS3 – 20,368

5. Mario Party Island Tour (Nintendo) 3DS – 17,588

6. Dai-3-ji Super Robot Taisen Z: Jigoku-hen (Bandai Namco) Vita – 14,541

7. Wagamama Fashion: GIRLS MODE (Nintendo) 3DS – 12,522

8. Juzaengi: Engetsu Sangokuden2 (Idea Factory) PSP – 12,135

9. Detective Conan: Phantom Rhapsody (Bandai Namco) 3DS 8,013

10. Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo) 3DS – 7,214

Hardware

1. PS Vita – 17,238

2. Nintendo 3DS LL – 16,703

3. PS4 – 13,034

4. PS3 – 7,569

5. Wii U – 5,588

6. Nintendo 3DS – 5,644

7. PSP – 1,707

8. PS Vita TV – 988

9. Xbox 360 – 187

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
depressing numbers all around, but maaaan at Yo-Kai!
that 1 million shipped looks now way more safer than I originally tought

jonno394

Nintendo need to release a new 3DS model or get a cheap 2DS over there asap. They might be back on top of the pile but those figures are depressing to say the least.

Japanese Home console market :yourealreadydead.jpg:

Shengar

Holy shit, the sequel announcement makes Youkai Watch went beast mode instead of handicapped its sales. Good to see Level 5 managed to gain another smashing succes on handheld.

CLEEK

why would you ever say 2014 april 22 or 22 april 2014. don't blame the us for having the date order make sense with how people talk. in fact, we should be greeted as liberators.

AniHawk has never:

Used a spreadsheet
Worked with databases
Been outside of America

Frillen

Dat PS4 baseline, I love it!.

I hope to God you're being sarcastic. Japan absolutely need a healthy console in Japan. It's not going to be the Wii U and it's definitely not going to be the One. A console selling 13k is far from healthy, and we need the PS4 to start at least selling 20k per week.

test_account

XP-39C²
Vinnk?

jonno394

Golden week cannot come soon enough for hardware sales. You think people are refraining from buying due to the upcomin event?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Japanese traditional games industry is deaaad.... No wonder Japense devs are jumping ship to mobile.

I imagine with the tax hike everything needs a price drop for consumers to see it as worthwhile which was what I imagine companies don't want.

Shengar

Golden week cannot come soon enough for hardware sales. You think people are refraining from buying due to the upcomin event?
Probably this and the tax increases.

I don't get the doomsayers, isn't April always a depressing month for sales, especially with the recent tax increase?

SmokyDave

I hope to God you're being sarcastic. Japan absolutely need a healthy console in Japan. It's not going to be the Wii U and it's definitely not going to be the One. A console selling 13k is far from healthy, and we need the PS4 to start at least selling 20k per week.
Ah, there you are. I missed you last week, I was looking forward to seeing you celebrate the Vita taking the number one spot.

Top Bottom