• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 15, 2014 (Apr 07 - Apr 13)

Kandinsky

I hope to God you're being sarcastic. Japan absolutely need a healthy console in Japan. It's not going to be the Wii U and it's definitely not going to be the One. A console selling 13k is far from healthy, and we need the PS4 to start at least selling 20k per week.

I'm not, and thats absolutely healthy considering its lineup, go PS4!.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Screw the 2DS - just make the XL cheaper and/or introduce a new premium model. 3DS games like Mario Golf still look amazing, if they could somehow upres the current 3DS games on the new model i would be there day 1. And some more ram to let have more than one game in stand-by mode, as well as GBA/Snes VC support.

btw. Congrats Level 5.

Hellraider

Screw the 2DS - just make the XL cheaper and/or introduce a new premium model. 3DS games like Mario Golf still look amazing, if they could somehow upres the current 3DS games on the new model i would be there day 1. And some more ram to let have more than one game in stand-by mode, as well as GBA/Snes VC support.

btw. Congrats Level 5.

Being able to multitask games on handheld would be a megaton feature. Was expecting Vita to do it, but it seems it was too early. Being sleek, fast and practical is something that 3DS is missing and this has severe implications when it comes to marketing. They need to adress this asap be it with a 3DS revision or with the new handheld.

Frillen

Ah, there you are. I missed you last week, I was looking forward to seeing you celebrate the Vita taking the number one spot.

Sorry bud, Easter stole my time and the beautiful mountains we have here in Norway :)

Kandinsky said:
I'm not, and thats absolutely healthy considering its lineup, go PS4!.

Well we have to agree to disagree, as I fail to see anything positive about 13k.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Being able to multitask games on handheld would be a megaton feature. Was expecting Vita to do it, but it seems it was too early. Being sleek, fast and practical is something that 3DS is missing and this has severe implications when it comes to marketing. They need to adress this asap be it with a 3DS revision or with the new handheld.

Yes - being able to juggle games around and having like a couple of them ready to be continued at any time would be an amazing feature. Wondering why it isnt possible yet...especially when they could work with savestates as emulators do it.

3DS is 15000.

No one cares about the regular 3DS though - XL at 15K and we are talking.

Jamix012

So uh, what's the story on the PS4 rise? I'm somewhat impressed. Obviously raw numbers-wise it's bad, but its certainly higher than I thought. Did FF XIV release digitally or something?

Edit: Oooh FF14 did release physically. I see. I take it back, that's not a bump at all.

SmokyDave

Sorry bud, Easter stole my time and the beautiful mountains we have here in Norway :)
Ah, man. I'm jealous.

Speaking of beautiful views:

001.gif

sörine

Banned
Everything bombed.

I expect FFXIV PS4 to turn out like DQX Wii U. Awful sales at retail but okay digital and eventually attracting about half the subscribers away from it's predecessor.

sörine;109194582 said:
Everything bombed.

I expect FFXIV PS4 to turn out like DQX Wii U. Awful sales at retail but okay digital and eventually attracting about half the subscribers away from it's predecessor.

Is it a free upgrade or a Ubi/Activision type system?

SmokyDave

I fail to see how Japanese market being low is a beautiful view, but whatever.
The percentages hide the raw numbers, neatly skipping the 'low' bit and providing a beautiful view.

Regardless, some of the Japanese market is low. I'm sure mobile is doing just fine.

mclem

I fail to see how Japanese market being low is a beautiful view, but whatever.

To be fair, that's percentages. There's nothing there suggesting anything other than relative scale. In and of itself, there's no implications of unpleasantness in there.

Top Bottom