• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 15, 2017 (Apr 10 - Apr 16)

L~A

That shit's demanding a fuck good lord.

Yeah, this is why most discussions regarding graphics, resolution and such are always crap. Most people do not realise there's a lot more than goes into a game and how it performs than just pretty grafx.

It's been a long, long time since I've followed these Japanese sales threads. When do new numbers show up?

Check out the date in OP, add 7 days, and voilà!

When does Nintendo corporate thingie happen? It should be in a few hours, shouldn't it?

It's tomorrow at 4PM JST / 9AM CEST / 8AM BST / 3AM EST / 12AM PST, one day later than usual (meaning the investor meeting is on Friday). Not sure why it's that way this time around, maybe because of the Golden Week starting on Saturday?

Zedark

I wonder if Nintendo is able to at least hit 100k Switch that week there. To take advantage of MK8DX release there.

I would hope so. If they don't increase (they will), then we are looking at a year full of 45k, which is pretty boring. I fully expect them to go over 100k, maybe towards 150k even, for the MK8D week.

noshten

Some early tidbits from Famitsu's March Digital + Retail Top 30, coming from Hokanko (feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong)

Zelda: BOTW on Switch with a digital ratio of over 10%? (It's how Hokanko wrote it complete with the question mark)

10% for BotW on the Switch would probably mean that Snipperclips is over 50K digital in Japan.

I would hope so. If they don't increase (they will), then we are looking at a year full of 45k, which is pretty boring. I fully expect them to go over 100k, maybe towards 150k even, for the MK8D week.

Cmon Nintendo, you know you need to ship at least 200k for MK8D, Golden Week and Switch's first big restock.

More merch announced for Splatoon 2 in Japan in July

C-UGxmCXgAUZJLA.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/857099825250172929

casiopao

150k is crazy huge number lol.^^ And i believe the next week brutal drop is going to also bring tons of fanboy kneejerking lol.^^

Zedark

150k is crazy huge number lol.^^ And i believe the next week brutal drop is going to also bring tons of fanboy kneejerking lol.^^

Well, Mario Kart is a crazy huge game, so I don't think 150k is entirely impossible, also considering the fact that the Switch is still a very hot item in Japan, so they can absolutely sell that much. Whether they will deliver that many is the big question, but 100k should be a lock, otherwise Nintendo has messed up their shipping schedule and will continue to lag behind the demand for months probably.
Wonder if ps4 will dip bellow 20k
Last year it went up this week compared to last, but it did have several new releases, so it could happen. My guess (unfounded beyond what I mentioned) is that it won't, but we'll see in 32 minutes.

Rodin

What an epic thread. I mean, wow, just like the good old days.

30+ pages and so far:

Media Create Week 15 Roundup!

-Switch success denial
-Capcom shaming
-Predictions that Switch will get all the 3rd party games
-Predictions that the switch will get no 3rd party games
-Vita is on it's last legs
-BotW has a bad attach rate. What are people buying.
-Passose said he wanted BotW to hit 1 million!
-Raised eyebrows
-CodeVein has no platforms announced. Pissing off all console warriors.
-Seiken Densetsu Trilogy probably only announced when SE saw the Switch sales.
-Debate over how hard it is to release a cart with 3 roms on it.
-What happened to the Switch version of Xenoverse 2?
-Discussion of how Xenoverse and Xenoblade are different things.
-Bad blood between Nintendo and Capcom?
-But Ultra Street Fighter II!
-Can Splatoon 2 get more pre...?
-Splatoon 2 gets more pre-orders than DQXI (at one store that shouldn't be taking them yet)
-Used Switch selling for more than retail
-Persona 5 should be on the Switch.
-Persona 5 will never be on the Switch
-Switch port begging
-Complaining about Switch Port Begging
-Comparing Switch port begging to PS4 port begging
-Several pages of Monster Hunter Port begging
-All future Switch support is down to Disgaea 5.. apparently.
-Capcom is in serious trouble
-Switch orders went up, quickly killed by Switchzilla
-The constant talk of "Yo-Kai milking" puts a disturbing image in Vinnk's head.
-Minecraft and digital distribution discussion
-Vita is on it's last legs
-New game announcements for Vita!
-Montser Hunter 5 a PS4 exclusive?!!
-Monster Hunter 5, exclusively on the Gakken Ganbaru Tablet!
-Vita 2!?!
-A guy casually asserts that the Vita was a success in Japan.
-Dogpile.
-FFVIIr for Switch Confirmed! (SO long as the rumor was right and that the rumor was actually about FFVIIr)
-Moar COMGnet!
-Bayonetta 3 rumors? What's even going on now?!
-Cute Cartoon flicks off Switch fans and PC gamers.

Did I miss anything?
To have a really complete thread someone must have said that the Switch can't run Persona 5 and Atlus wouldn't bother scaling down graphics to P4G level to make it run on it

Switch can't run Persona 5 and Atlus wouldn't bother scaling down graphics to P4G level to make it run on it

Persona 5 is PS3 game at its core. Switch can absolutely run it. Considering how lazy PS4 port is (just higher resolution) Switch could run PS4 version too if they put an effort to the port.

Edit. Maybe I should read previous posts sometimes. Seems like this was sarcasm lol.

Interfectum

Persona 5 is PS3 game at its core. Switch can absolutely run it. Considering how lazy PS4 port is (just higher resolution) Switch could run PS4 version too if they put an effort to the port.

Edit. Maybe I should read previous posts sometimes. Seems like this was sarcasm lol.

Switch is less powerful than PS3 tho.

LordKano

I was seriously non-sarcatic.

I was seriously non-sarcatic.

I'm pretty certain that even in portable mode it's far more powerful. Switch can handle Persona 5 just fine.

Consider this; Disgaea 5 was said to not have been on PS3 as well since they wanted to make a game that can only run on PS4. They brought it to Switch just fine.

Better example; Snake Pass. Runs in UE4 (PS3 can't), and is nearly 1:1 with the PS4 and XBO versions resolution aside.

There shouldn't be any debate really.

LordKano

I'm pretty certain that even in portable mode it's far more powerful. Switch can handle Persona 5 just fine.

Consider this; Disgaea 5 was said to not have been on PS3 as well since they wanted to make a game that can only run on PS4. They brought it to Switch just fine.

Better example; Snake Pass. Runs in UE4 (PS3 can't), and is nearly 1:1 with the PS4 and XBO versions resolution aside.

There shouldn't be any debate really.

I was sarcastic on my non-sarcatic stance actually.

Top Bottom