• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 16, 2014 (Apr 14 - Apr 20)

Boney

Banned
Anyone know if the Style Savvy re-release has any extra content or if it's just a re-print/the best release?

kubricks

03./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn <RPG> (Square Enix) {2014.04.14} - 31.326 / NEW

Oh my.... Is this bomba teritorries?

so total hardware sales are 37% of what they were last year at this time.

ihb1p7AEpck3e.gif

Wow.

Vashetti

Banned
FFXIV having a free PS3 to PS4 upgrade needs to go in the OP.

I can tell I'm going to get pissed off at everyone saying "lol bomba".

Beth Cyra

You are aware of the free PS3 to PS4 upgrade right?

That it sold 30k with that free upgrade available is very impressive.

Don't try and spin it.

I honestly don't see that number as impressive.

It's not super horrible, but at the same time it's not good either. I would imagine it's done what SE expected, just not what they had hoped.

Yay everything sub 20k. Japan welcoming their mobile overlords with haste
:'(

PS4 saved by FFXIV for another week

3DS just beating incumbent Vita. What will happen on this next week's battle royale? Dun dun dun

Wii U is stabilizing right around 5K again? Wonder if it'll be sub-5K next week although I think it has 2 releases

PS3 slowly declining although no new software so we'll see

AniHawk

03./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn <RPG> (Square Enix) {2014.04.14} - 31.326 / NEW

Oh my.... Is this bomba teritorries?

not really. dqx sold about as much on the wii u when that system had more units, and it had also been out for a while on other platforms.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Asked this in the last thread, asking it here since it's relevang: is Nintendo promoting the upcoming 3DS XL promotion? In the case, how much? IMHO, if well advertised, it could have a good impact on 3DS sales. And for a long time, since the games selection will change every month, till September. Heck, they're starting with Animal Crossing and, above all, Yokai Watch, the current Japan sensation.

So that alone took me close to an hour and a half, jeez. o_O

I appreciate you taking the time to make this thread ^_^

High five!

Vita almost had a top week 2 in a row.

WTF is happening to 3DS? It's cratering completely...smartphones don't take an audience already engaged with a system that quickly, do they?

Is the consumption tax that massive, that parents are forgoing a 3DS purchase?

Well those 3DS numbers are piss poor from what it was doing last year.

VITA hanging in there.

PS4 needs more software

360 is on the rise
lol

What can i say about the WII U ?

Tripon

You are aware of the free PS3 to PS4 upgrade right?

That it sold 30k with that free upgrade available is very impressive.

Don't try and spin it.

Even with the free PS3 to PS4 upgrade, this still isn't impressive. At best, it stabilized PS4 sales for a week, and more importantly, this is the last big domestic game for the PS4 for months.

It will probably be brutal for the PS4 until... shit, I can't even think of a game the JP market would like. Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate in late June?

Asked this in the last thread, asking it here since it's relevang: is Nintendo promoting the upcoming 3DS XL promotion? In the case, how much? IMHO, if well advertised, it could have a good impact on 3DS sales. And for a long time, since the games selection will change every month, till September. Heck, they're starting with Animal Crossing and, above all, Yokai Watch, the current Japan sensation.

What is the 3DS promotion?

mclem

Man - at these rates it'll only take around 2.5 years before the PS4 outsells the Wii U...

I make it three years based on these numbers, unless my maths is out.

In the Wii U's favour, that's about the time a followup would actually be expected in a conventional console lifetime. Of course, weighing in massively against that is the fact that there's likely to be more things down the line that can have an effect on PS4 sales than things that'll have an impact on Wii U sales owing to the third party support situation.

Shiina

3DS might have hit somewhat of a saturation a while ago. I mean the gaming landscape changed tremendously compared to the last generation. Even new releases don't seem to give any bumps in sales.

Tripon

I disagree.

Loads of people claimed their free PS3 > PS4 upgrade, and still they sold 30,000 PS4 copies. That's impressive to me. Sorry if it isn't to others.

Do you have a number or an article stating this? If you don't, then this is just speculation about the upgrade program.

Maybe one day Japanese companies will release non cross gen games on ps4.

Not if they want to make money.

phanphare

Banned
I disagree.

Loads of people claimed their free PS3 > PS4 upgrade, and still they sold 30,000 PS4 copies. That's impressive to me. Sorry if it isn't to others.

no worries haha. but imo you are taking a bad number and trying to spin it in a positive light. the poster you responded to was just drive by trolling, no spin necessary

Top Bottom