• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 16, 2017 (Apr 17 - Apr 23)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They expect sales to be down in Japan so probably not MH5.

2.75 million is a pretty low prediction for Japan, but they also have zero games that will sell anything in Japan as currently announced.

I guess it could be another Monster Hunter 3DS game? Monster Hunter XXX.

Vena

2.75 million is a pretty low prediction for Japan, but they also have zero games that will sell anything in Japan as currently announced.

Where would you ballpark a XXHD port? Might be that but the numbers seem off against all reasonable expectations.

Oregano

Sounds more like a Vita game to me.

Monster Hunter XX HD Ver. for Switch sounds ideal for that amount.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Where would you ballpark a XXHD port? Might be that but the numbers seem off against all reasonable expectations.

Well, they shipped 3.5 million this year with a Monster Hunter game that did 1.7 million, so whatever they're planning is presumably only around a 1 million in Japan game.

If they port Monster Hunter XX to Switch I guess that's not impossible for Capcom's expectations?

Yeah important to note that the 2.75m for JP is for all software, not just one title.

This will include additional sales from existing titles (RE7,MH XX etc)

Vena

Yeah important to note that the 2.75m for JP is for all software, not just one title.

This will include additional sales from existing titles (RE7,MH XX etc)

Those are going to ship numbers that are approaching zero.

They expect the title yet to release to move the bulk of that software figure. Either it's a MH for 3DS (and maybe Switch), or Capcom has a broke thermometer...

Oregano

Considering they specifically say they want to increase their multiplatform strategy including Switch I imagine that means whatever Monster Hunter gets released on Switch will be on PS4 too.

casiopao

How much is the last MvC 3 did here? Is 2 million going to be achievable guys? I heard from some of my pals that the launch is not even complete as they will need to wait for some DLC again for favorite character like SFV? And X-Men is not in the game?

eh, the update isn't that huge :p

That gacha banner is huge.O_O Literally so many Super Top Tier character on the banner.^^

Damn IS. U guys use Ike as Gacha bait there huh.O_O

Xbro

pkg1.jpg

Damn, Japan always gets the cool stuff. I wonder if there will be any sort of special edition for the Switch when DQXI launches on it. Maybe special Joy-Cons or something.

hiska-kun

Urgent shipment of Nintendo Switch on Bic Camera. First time since launch that Bic Camera sells the console without the lottery system. Today it's your chance.

This weekend they will sell again raffle units.

Yodobashi Camera also is selling the console online and at retail.

Urgent shipment of Nintendo Switch on Bic Camera. First time since launch that Bic Camera sells the console without the lottery system. Today it's your chance.

This weekend they will sell again raffle units.

Yodobashi Camera also is selling the console online and at retail.

Must be a huge restock then

http://i.imgur.com/BwE15zJ.png

I think they did a way better job with Metal Slime Edition previously. Loto Edition is kinda meh.

Yeah this is much better. I would like the new PS4 one without the slime hanging like that as it distracts from the logo.

mao2

Yeah this is much better. I would like the new PS4 one without the slime hanging like that as it distracts from the logo.
The metal slime is a USB cover, it can be removed. Personally I think the console looks better if it didn't have the little slime print on the bottom right.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Considering they specifically say they want to increase their multiplatform strategy including Switch I imagine that means whatever Monster Hunter gets released on Switch will be on PS4 too.

I imagine all other capcom games will come to switch too right? :)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Nothing super interesting other than their internal multiplatform engine now supports Switch so we can expect the Switch to be a default target platform for such games alongside PS and Xbox.

This actually sound super interesting ;p

duckroll

This actually sound super interesting ;p

It's not though? I mean they even release Vita versions for these titles. I guess it's interesting in the sense that it's a step up for Nintendo in support since they didn't have this benefit with Wii/WiiU/3DS, but other than that it's... not something we didn't expect?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Nothing super interesting other than their internal multiplatform engine now supports Switch so we can expect the Switch to be a default target platform for such games alongside PS and Xbox.

So, Nights of Azure 2 and Nobunaga's Ambition: Taishi are indeed the beginning of a bigger KT support for Switch.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It's not though? I mean they even release Vita versions for these titles. I guess it's interesting in the sense that it's a step up for Nintendo in support since they didn't have this benefit with Wii/WiiU/3DS, but other than that it's... not something we didn't expect?

Since when having a Nintendo console "on par" with the multiplatform development of the PS environment (ps3, vita, ps4) +Xbox (non factor in Japan) isn't new and therefore interesting?

duckroll

Since when having a Nintendo console "on par" with the multiplatform development of the PS environment (ps3, vita, ps4) +Xbox (non factor in Japan) isn't new and therefore interesting?

I didn't say it wasn't interesting. I said there's nothing super interesting. If I didn't think that was worth mentioning at all, I wouldn't even have mentioned it. :p

Super interesting would be if they actually talked or hinted at actual upcoming announcements of new products.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I didn't say it wasn't interesting. I said there's nothing super interesting. If I didn't think that was worth mentioning at all, I wouldn't even have mentioned it. :p

Super interesting would be if they actually talked or hinted at actual upcoming announcements of new products.

Got it
Put that way I agree :D

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Monster Hunter is inevitable this FY in Japan with Capcom's forecast. The number is too small for being Monster Hunter 5 though.

Top Bottom