• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 17, 2012 (Apr 23 - Apr 29)

I wonder what are the benefices in having low stock during the week though. I mean: this way I don't see sales to potentially increase. Having the possibility to buy the game 7 days a week is better than just 2 days. Even if these two days are the most important.

Well, it's a holiday. I'm not sure if shops are even open during all of the week?

duckroll

Lost Planet 2 sold reasonably well in Japan at least. Better than Binary Domain and Vanquish. And again, I'm not being really serious here. I'm just drawing this comparison because it's another shitty, outsourced shooter from Capcom that nobody (seemingly) asked for; and I'm a tiny bit mad right now!

Lol. I know the feeling. :(

This right here should be a wake up call to developers and to Sony about the Vita. If good games come, it seems it will sell at normal levels (I doubt it'd catch the 3DS' levels).

Let's be realistic. If we said before launch that 12k would be the baseline for Vita, that'd still seem pretty damn bad, never mind it being heralded as some huge bump and reversal of fortunes.

If 12K is the normal level for Vita sales for the foreseeable, then the console is in terrible trouble.

guek

Banned
Vita numbers are still terrible. It sold 4k more units. 50% increase in sales!!! Still awful.

I'm really curious now what it'll spike to when persona hits. Maybe 18k? 20k? Can't see it doing much more than that unless it starts trending higher.

Even though the game is unique and endearing in its own rights, the more I play Ciel Nosurge, the more I think, "A full fledged RPG in this world would be fucking amazing."
...and I totally expect Gust to take us back to Rashera in the near future.

I can't believe ORC is selling so well........

how depressing that Capcom is going to be encouraged now to do more games on the same level as this because people are willing to support it.

Cygnus X-1

Kid Icarus sales going up might bode decent legs.

I wonder of one copy each of Mario 3D Land, MH3G, Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus correspond to a parallel number of 3DS sold. They could even act in a cumulative way, but there is no way to verify that.

Nekki

Let's be realistic. If we said before launch that 12k would be the baseline for Vita, that'd still seem pretty damn bad, never mind it being heralded as some huge bump and reversal of fortunes.

If 12K is the normal level for Vita sales for the foreseeable, then the console is in terrible trouble.

I didn't mean to imply that 12k would be the baseline or even "normal" for Vita. What i'm trying to say is that with a stream of good games it could rise to normal levels, around 25-30k.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
12./00. [PSP] Even in a Game, Listen to Me Girls. I Am Your Father! # <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.04.26} (¥6.280) - 13.241 / NEW

Well now :p

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Just wondering, what are the other upcoming major releases for the PS3 till the end of the year?

saichi

I thought the doom and gloom about the Vita was overblown and that it'd start showing signs of strength; nice to see my prediction come to fruition.

where? I blinked and missed it...

On RE:ORC -

I wonder if Dragon's Dogma is gonna even outsell this outsourced RE spinoff... Capcom's expectation for DD in Japan is so wack

ffdgh

eh cya survival horror RE, you were nice while you lasted....

go Vita and what the heck is happening with DDD? Oh well maybe there won't be a final mix

What the fuck, Japan? Why would you buy ORC?

It makes me wonder if Japanese are buying this game just to support the notion that they want more Resident Evil games on home consoles. It wouldn't surprise me.

Though, I find the Xbox 360 bump to be kind of funny (I don't mean console sales bump).

Bruno MB

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City worldwide sales:

US - 582k
Japan - 269k
Europe ? (UK - 71k)

Total known sales - 922k

It won't miss Capcom's target (2 million units)

Cygnus X-1

US - 582k
Japan - 269k
Europe ? (UK - 71k)

Total known sales - 922k

Had they such a target from the very beginning? I wonder if they are going to meet it by reasoning or pure coincidence, considering their historic attitude to set the expectation bar outrageously high.

Cipherr

US - 582k
Japan - 269k
Europe ? (UK - 71k)

Total known sales - 922k

Terrible. But the people have spoken. No more RE on handhelds unless you want to give a Vita version a try. I see no reason to make another 3DS game if they can shit out ORC and move a million worldwide in no time.

Are you kidding me? There are a million great 3rd person shooters that japan refuses to buy. Yet they bought one of the absolute worst.

Sure there are plenty of other better FPS's out there, but how many of those FPS's have Resident Evil in the title? It's the RE brand that is selling here, not the quality of the game itself.

guek

Banned
ORC has gotten such horrible word of mouth, I kinda want to rent it just to see how bad it really is

Kazerei

Banned
PSP gets so many awesome games in Japan :lol

As for all that talk about "adding to the trinity", Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem aren't even close. They're doing great, but the trinity is in a whole different ballpark. We're talking games that have sold over a million and still maintain 10k+ weekly sales.

ZoddGutts

Those ORC sales are making the sales of Revelations even more pathetic. Good luck at getting another RE game on handheld.

Anth0ny

I can not fucking believe the sales ORC is getting. I'm a huge RE fan and have no intention of picking it up until it's $10 or less. The power of that brand in Japan is kinda scary.

FE sales are crazy. It's already eclipsed Kid Icarus' total sales. I wonder how Nintendo feels about that. They marketed the fuck out of that game, I'm sure they expected higher sales.

Sadist

I guess RE fans all over the world including Japan just really, really want the games on consoles. Capcom should definitely reconsider any future substantial support on portables if this is the case.
To bad though. I really like Revelations.

Top Bottom