• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 18, 2015 (Apr 27 - May 2)

duckroll

Japan finally jumping on the mineycrafta bandwagon. Will be very interesting to see what kind of legs the Vita version has. Did the PS3 and PS4 versions get released over there?

Finally? I think you missed the part where the game has already done very well digitally on all the available platforms. The Vita retail release is waaaaaay late, and it's still selling really well, so it's just continued interest. This isn't a new thing.

Wiggy

How does disney infinity do in Japan? Just saw vita is finally getting 2.0, wondering if it will sell well at all there.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
PS3 has done its circle. Price drop will give a temporary bump for 2-3 weeks, then it will return to sub 5k numbers.

How does disney infinity do in Japan? Just saw vita is finally getting 2.0, wondering if it will sell well at all there.
First it has to be announced for Japan. Similarly, we have yet to hear anything about a potential Revelations 2 for Vita in Japan. Perhaps Sony can release both of them at retail.

Takao

Banned
Japan finally jumping on the mineycrafta bandwagon. Will be very interesting to see what kind of legs the Vita version has. Did the PS3 and PS4 versions get released over there?

PS3: June 2014
PSV: October 2014
PS4: December 2014

That's for the PSN launches. The Vita version is the only one available at retail. That came out in March of this year.

Minecraft had sold more than 500,000 units digitally in Japan on the PlayStation platforms prior to the Vita physical release. According to Famitsu's digital charts, the Vita version is the fastest selling one. By now it should be the best selling console version of the game in Japan.

I believe Bandai Namco published the Nintendo versions of the first game in Japan. I want to say none of them charted in the Top 30 that week, or ever.

Japan doesn't seem interested in NFC console games. Amiibo hasn't done amazingly well in that market. Bandai's Kamen Rider PS3/Wii U game completely flopped, with Skylanders and Disney Infinity not doing well enough to get their sequels localized.

Busaiku

Toys to life has not taken off in Japan.
Though that's not necessarily true.

Skylanders and the amiibo haven't taken off, but there are already things like Yokai Watch with its medals, and probably other stuff that I can't think of.

duckroll

Toys to life has not taken off in Japan.
Though that's not necessarily true.

Skylanders and the amiibo haven't taken off, but there are already things like Yokai Watch with its medals, and probably other stuff that I can't think of.

How are Yokai Watch medals "toys to life" though? They're just merchandising for a popular franchise. Disposable collectible toys/cards/figurines have always been popular in Japan. They're cheap enough for kids to buy regularly with pocket money, there is a random element with rarity that makes it addictive, etc.

I think that might be the crux of it though. There's no gambling element with buying toys-to-life, they cost more, and when you sell each toy specifically, it becomes very clear which are the most popular ones and which are less desirable. It's hard to stock Amiibos and Skylanders toys the same way stores stock the stuff kids usually buy in Japan. With randomization, any retailer just has to order entire cartons of one product, rather than placing orders for different individual toys in a series. This also allows them to be sold everywhere - convenience stores, news stands, supermarkets, candy stores, bookstores, etc. Not just departmental stores which have toy sections.

duckroll

I don't think so? As far as I know the medals have no connection to the videogames at all. They're just collectibles that interact with the watch toy and some other toy devices. There's some flash web game too, but it's all kinda inconsequential.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
new releases {2015.05.14}

[3DS] Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. <ACT> (Nintendo) (¥5.076)

[PS4] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster <Final Fantasy X \ Final Fantasy X-2> <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥7.344)
[PS4] Borderlands: The Handsome Collection <Borderlands 2 \ Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!> <RPG> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) (¥6.804)

[XB1] Borderlands: The Handsome Collection <Borderlands 2 \ Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!> <RPG> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) (¥6.804)
What are the expectations for Codename Steam? Steam kind of bombed in the US, so are expectations similar to that?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It says, and I quote: "The Great Revival is Upon U", if you go to there now the song "We Will Rock U" plays in the background.

Also, if you check the first three places, not only they're the same thing, but whenever you pass your arrow on it, you can hear, and I quote like you did "They rollin, they hatin", and rollers suddenly cover the entire screen with multiple colors.

hiska-kun

Request

Does somebody want to fund the Media Create's White Book 2015?
This book includes the Top 1000 for 2014 and Top 500 used games for the same year. Along with other sales data and analysis.
ZhugeEX can fund a good amount of the total price, so we only need a few contributions.

Thank you for your cooperation
If somebody is interested please PM me

hiska-kun

I've already received some PM from people who wants to fund the Media Create book. Thank you
I'm gonna give a couple of days more if someone else wanna join yet.

The quantity of money is not equal. Some people can donate more and some other less. Anything is enough.
The more we are, the cheaper.

Paying method is not decided yet, but will probably be PayPal.

Shengar

I've already received some PM from people who wants to fund the Media Create book. Thank you

The quantity of money is not equal. Some people can donate more and some other less. Anything is enough.

So will we discussed the content of the book in a new thread?

Road

It's best to search for an online site that accepts PayPal, instead of buying in a physical store. I can help with a little money. (This years Media Create White Paper is the most expensive ever. =|)

I still want the 2014 Famitsu White Paper, though. The_lascar was trying to get it for free but it didn't work out, last I heard.

I still want the 2014 Famitsu White Paper, though. The_lascar was trying to get it for free but it didn't work out, last I heard.
I tried again and I still think I can get it, but I lose hopes every day.

I can't fund anything right now thanks to my plane tickets for the E3, but I could do it at the end of june. I prefer to fund for the 2015 Famitsu White Paper, though.

COMGnet sales from : May 4th to May 10, 2015 the real Golden Week

01.[3DS] PUZZLE & DRAGONS SUPER MARIO BROS EDITION - 62pt
02.[3DS] GIRLS MODE 3 Glitter &#9734; Corde - 41pt
03.[Vita] Minecraft: Unstoppable Vita Edition - 30pt
04.[3DS] Mario vs. Donkey Kong everyone mini land - 30pt
05.[3DS] assassination classroom killing sensei large siege !! - 29pt
06.[WiiU] Xenoblade Chronicles Cross - 24pt
07.[3DS] Bravely Second Bomba- 19pt
08.[PS3] Minecraft (Import US version) - 14pt
09.[3DS] Mario Kart 7 - 14pt
10.[Vita] Phantasy Star Nova - 13pt
11.[3DS] youkai watch 2 Ganso - 11pt
12.[PS4] Bloodborne (Normal Edition) - 10pt
13.[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora Mask 3D - 10pt
14.[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 10pt
15.[3DS] youkai watch 2 star performer - 10pt
16.[3DS] Seven Seadly Sins : truth of false accusation - 10pt
17.[WiiU] Dragon Quest X ancient dragon lore online - 9pt
18.[PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - 9pt
19.[PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 8pt
20.[PS3] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z Tengoku hen - 8pt

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 19 2015

01./01. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition <RPG> (GungHo Online Entertainment)
02./06. [3DS] Style Savvy 3: Kira Kira Code <ETC> (Nintendo)
03./07. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Mojang AB)
04./05. [3DS] Bravely Second: End Layer <RPG> (Square Enix)
05./04. [WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X <RPG> (Nintendo)
06./08. [PS4] Dying Light <ADV> (Warner Entertainment Japan)
07./09. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco Games)
08./03. [WII] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online <RPG> (Square Enix)
09./21. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5)
10./11. [PSV] Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Bandai Namco Games)
11./12. [PS3] Yakuza 0 (Sega)
12./19. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2015 (Konami)
13./28. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS <FTG> (Nintendo)
14./02. [WIU] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online <RPG> (Square Enix)
15./14. [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Capcom)
16./15. [PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco Games)
17./24. [WIU] Mario Party 10 <ETC> (Nintendo)
18./17. [PS4] Tropico 5 <SLG> (Square Enix)
19./26. [PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Bandai Namco Games)
20./23. [3DS] Future Card Buddy Fight: Yuujou no Jounetsu Fight! <TBL> (FuRyu)

Children's games going up this week due to Golden Week.

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 19 2015

01./01. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition <RPG> (GungHo Online Entertainment)
02./06. [3DS] Style Savvy 3: Kira Kira Code <ETC> (Nintendo)
03./07. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Mojang AB)
04./05. [3DS] Bravely Second: End Layer <RPG> (Square Enix)
05./04. [WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X <RPG> (Nintendo)
06./08. [PS4] Dying Light <ADV> (Warner Entertainment Japan)
07./09. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco Games)
08./03. [WII] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online <RPG> (Square Enix)
09./21. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5)
10./11. [PSV] Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Bandai Namco Games)
11./12. [PS3] Yakuza 0 (Sega)
12./19. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2015 (Konami)
13./28. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS <FTG> (Nintendo)
14./02. [WIU] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online <RPG> (Square Enix)
15./14. [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Capcom)
16./15. [PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco Games)
17./24. [WIU] Mario Party 10 <ETC> (Nintendo)
18./17. [PS4] Tropico 5 <SLG> (Square Enix)
19./26. [PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Bandai Namco Games)
20./23. [3DS] Future Card Buddy Fight: Yuujou no Jounetsu Fight! <TBL> (FuRyu)

Children's games going up this week due to Golden Week.

Dying Light confirmed a children's game :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I put up a Sega thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044121

sega2h7upv.png

sega1prunv.png

damn p&z bomba, should've launched during holiday

maybe gw will give it a good boost, it'll get to 500k at least i suppose

btw i didn't mean the game the game would have 500k opening, i was talking ltd

Top Bottom