• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 18, 2017 (May 01 - May 07)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Read carefully.

The 3DS sold 68K this month in the US, which is dire, and suggests the people who would have bought it bought a Switch instead, as they view it as the current Nintendo system.

Alrus

Calm Mind

pathetic-skinner.jpg

Vena

Read carefully.

The 3DS sold 68K this month in the US, which is dire, and suggests the people who would have bought it bought a Switch instead, as they view it as the current Nintendo system.

Oooh. Alright, that makes far, far more sense.

I don't think you guys got my post.

3DS saleswas up yoy in the us in the first 3 months or so, but this month Nintendo didn't say it was up yoy in their pr.

Switch clearly took a toll on the us 3DS sales. meanwhile 3DS doesn't seems to be affected much by the Switch in Japan so far.

sanstesy

3DS sales collapsed in US.

Seems like people in the US view the Switch as a direct successor to the 3DS but that's not the case in Japan (at least yet)?

No, the 3DS just hasn't collapsed yet in Japan because it has meaningful releases there this year. The sales ratio is pretty much the same otherwise so them not viewing it as the 3DS successor is the wrong conclusion.

ggx2ac

Read carefully.

I honestly had trouble reading that statement from their press release. I was like, "Did NoA really just report they only sold 68k 3DS units in April?"

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'd hope so considering how late it's releasing a year later but I still don't see how that justifies the lateness.

They're adding some sort of Motion Control but if it's the same stuff as the Wii DBZ games it shouldn't take long to implement.
Basically they want to charge full price for it, and feel the purchasing audience will include a lot of kids who get a Switch for the holidays, so a $60 version with all the DLC makes the most sense from their perspective.

L~A

Media Create:

Switch 24,712
New3DS LL 13,643
PS4 12,334
PS4 Pro 4,961
Vita 4,114
2DS 2,862
New3DS 1,021
PS3 325
Wii U 157
Xbox One 149

RIP everything. Even the Switch.
Attack on Titan ADV: 8.5k

Edit: oof

Read carefully.

Dire indeed but not out of the ordinary for pre-Pokéboost numbers I thought, last April was ~75k from what I found.

Top Bottom