• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 19, 2016 (May 09 - May 15)

Going to echo the good result for Uncharted, I feel. Jikkyou still doing pretty well too!

Everything else though, mayn... Even Minecraft is as low as it's ever been I think. One Piece has stumbled its way past 100k but that's really not a great result.

At least GTA V popping its head in the chart.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Looking at the top 20, I understand the appeal of mobile to Japanese publishers.

Depressing.

3DS is low key dead (they have already milked 20M out of it) and PS4 is just not as big.

Only NX handheld can save Japan.

We have seen this before. It's a generation transition period.

It's doing very well considering how bad console sales can be these days, but in the larger scheme of the series, it's doing just okay. Then again, I'm sure Star Ocean would love to have those sales. Lol.

wasn't star ocean like

really bad or something

I havent heard a single good thing about it

Elios83

Good sales for Uncharted.
PS4 is selling well at its new 20k+ baseline, Wii U will definetly be surpassed in LTD sales by the end of September with Persona and FFXV being released in that month.
Is PS4 tracking behind PS3 launch aligned? How much?

crinale

Good solid start for Uncharted,see if it has legs.Surprised it didn't boost hardware numbers

Like some others said it did indeed boost sales from abysmal result to okay-ish (see other hardware). You'll see the low-sales period effect for PS4 next week too.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
So, we have Uncharted 4 at 320,000 unit at retail in UK+JP.

I think is easy > 2.5 million first week worldwide including digital.

L~A

You know it's a bad week when even evergreen Nintendo stuff is at 50% drop or worse.

Funnily enough, 3DS is slightly up compared to the same week last year (for MC). It's been holding way better than I was expecting this year so far. Next wave of new releases starts on June 9th with AA6 + 2 N3DS XL colours.

Wii U on the other hand has nothing until Mario & Sonic Rio 2016 on June 23rd. And after that... <insert tumbleweed.gif here> until October 13th with LEGO Star Wars. Not even kidding, there is literally nothing from June 23rd to October 13th (unless Paper Mario comes out before that). Not going to be pretty, but then again, writing has been on the wall for a while now.

zeromcd73

wasn't star ocean like

really bad or something

I havent heard a single good thing about it
I played it until completion. It was ok-ish.

That said, I'm expecting it to get thrashed by reviewers when it hits in the west. 62~68 on metacritic prediction right here.

Fisico

I'm sure you have good reasons/arguments to back up this estimation but the way you put it don't make it look like it's the case lol.

Unless there's a magical formula that said WW sales = Retail(UK+JP) x 7.8

Boring week otherwise and isn't Kirby third week pretty bad ?

Did Uncharted 3 get a digital release ? Doesn't seem to be mentioned on the official website. Even if that's the case, U4 sales would also increase widely on that front compared to a 2011 game. Let's see if SIEJ can make a good job with Ratchet & Clank now :)

Vena

The next two to three weeks will be brutal. And no marquee software is left to stave off drops all across the board.

But we all know the real question you want answered: Will it outsell Splatoon?

Age of the 3DS is slowly coming to an end

The age of everything is coming to an end!

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I'm sure you have good reasons/arguments to back up this estimation but the way you put it don't make it look like it's the case lol.

Yes but i'm bored right now :D so in super short i just expect both EU and NA well over 1 million and the rest in the others countries.

But we all know the real question you want answered: Will it outsell Splatoon?

......should i be honest? SHOULD I BE 100% HONEST AND SAY MY PREDICTION!? :p

Ryng_tolu

Banned
OF COURSE.

I think Splatoon will get an NX port and combined sales of Splatoon Wii U + Splatoon NX will be >10 million combined.

Uncharted 4 should be ~10 million too so this is gonna be close.

If Splatoon don't get an NX port then Uncharted 4 wins by an huge margin.

Those are indeed good sales for Uncharted (and well deserved, my own purchase accounting for one sale) and it really isn't the case that it is a popular series here. Why else would they be offering only the deluxe edition, for the price of a regular release?

orochi91

Yes, it's ahead by ~76K launch aligned.

adventure-time-with-finn-and-jake_220350_10.jpg

It's doing very well considering how bad console sales can be these days, but in the larger scheme of the series, it's doing just okay. Then again, I'm sure Star Ocean would love to have those sales. Lol.

It's doing good cause almost 300k for a brand nowadays are good numbers, but also it just shows that going multiplatform is not expanding the audience but just splitting among the platforms

2016:
PS4 109k / PSV 99k / PS3 65k - Total : 273k

2014:
PS3 132k / PSV 88k - Total : 220k

2013:
PS3 228k / PSV 66k / PSP 131k - Total : 425k

2012:
PS3 138k / PSV 34k / PSP 83k - Total : 255k

2011:
PS3 222k / PSP 181k - Total : 403k

2010:
PS3 221k / PSP 173k - Total : 394k

Seems like skipping the release in 2015 helped the sales, so in the end Konami made the right decision...
that's the real news :D

another interesting point could be how the Vita version sales increased throughout the years

horuhe

Overwatch pre-orders seem doing well in Bic Camera. Don't know what it is expected for this game, though.

Dragon Quest Heroes II, getting some good stuff also.

As I commented in the last week's thread, during these couple of days (don't know exactly why) Splatoon has been so popular, I think some products will be released next month but I'm not sure.

This t-shirt Splatoon-themed.

Some other related stuff...

And even the Splatoon bundle suddenly appeared, lol.

Top Bottom