• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 2, 2014 (Jan 06 - Jan 12)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
No one commenting Comgnet yet? But was also sponsored, this time ;_;

RalchAC

Going for that machinima mo...? Never mind, I forgot you can't say that you're getting money from them ;)

The perfomance of Yakuza Ishin is similar to Kenzan. I suppose that proved Yakuza fans want the series to stay at modern Japan. But seeing only a game in the list... what will PS4 users buy in Japan (aside of Knack, which is bundled for free)?

Shahed

Media Create's been rather slow this week :/

Are there new worthwhile releases coming tomorrow to discuss though? And Wii U has already shown it's fall post holidays, while Vita has simply done okay. If Wii U had held, Vita done really good or bad, and interesting new releases, we'd get discussion :p

It's January, the most boring month for sales everywhere. :/

And that!

L~A

Ok, I'll do it for you :p

Numbers for Dragon Quest Monsters 2 seem pretty good, how much did the previous remake do during the 1st week? I know it almost reached 1M LTD.

But don't you also have numbers for the 3DS bundle? I know we've reached a point where the 3DS sales won't get huge boost except for real big titles.... then again, it's Dragon Quest, but there's already been TW3D and DQVII... So, who knows? :)

Mpl90

Are there no other PS4 games being tracked by Comgnet?
Or are their preorders just too low?

DindDingDing

I remember the only other PS4 game appearing was Dynasty Warriors 8: Extreme Legends, with 14pt. Given how 20th has 17pt, I suppose it didn't move that much.

I'm quite...confused to see Yakuza PS4 having fewer preorders than Hot Shots Golf 6 on Vita. Heck, even lower than freaking Uncharted Vita. But I feel Yakuza will grow more in the next weeks compared to both of them. I mean, it has to.

Cuddler

DindDingDing

I remember the only other PS4 game appearing was Dynasty Warriors 8: Extreme Legends, with 14pt. Given how 20th has 17pt, I suppose it didn't move that much.

I'm quite...confused to see Yakuza PS4 having fewer preorders than Hot Shots Golf 6 on Vita. Heck, even lower than freaking Uncharted Vita. But I feel Yakuza will grow more in the next weeks compared to both of them. I mean, it has to.

But Hot Shots Golf and Uncharted Golden Abyss were both exclusive, Yakuza is not.

Foshy

DindDingDing

You're overlooking a simple fact.

PS4 has Knack (Platformer GotY 2013/Runner-Up GotY 2013) bundled for free in Japan.

No need to preorder other, inferior games.

L~A

Gibson's at it again :

Japan - WiiU sales last week at 11k, down from 14k last week, 3DS still #1 with 50k, PSV 23k, PS3 12k

Bek_dteCMAAC8sS.png:large

Japan - 3DS titles had the top 6 selling titles- Kirby 85k, Puzzle & Dragons Z 21k, Pokemon X/Y 29k, Zelda: Link between Two Worlds 20k

Shengar

It's January, the most boring month for sales everywhere. :/

January is really boring indeed. This month I only bought something once, and that is Bravely Default pre-order. Compared to last month where I depleted my bank account down to $20 .__.

Gibson's at it again :

That's quite a drop for Vita, though good enough for it to maintain number above 20k. Let's see next week if Vita can hold that number until March.
*sigh There is no point beating a dead console I guess.

L~A

50k for the 3DS during the slowest month of the year is hardly surprising and/or worrying, especially with the console being down YoY. Actually looks pretty normal to me, and further convince me of a price drop and/or new model (2DS or something else entirely) this year.

Still more than double No. 2.

In terms of slow weeks, where does week 3 rank usually?

It's usually a drop from Week 2. Of course the 60-65k that 3DS did last week was already lowish so this week is also low. But as I said several times last year, 2014 was always going to be a big drop for the 3DS hardware and it became clear with the lack of momentum during the holiday period.

Vita is holding well. Hasn't gone below 20k was a long while now.

Shinriji

A new 150k+ game for the vita. Dengeki confirms that Super Robot Taisen Z 3rd will release a physical version as well. Release date April 10. It comes with the SRT HD Remake code as well.

suparobo_001_cs2w2_270x.jpg

nacimento

Spain -> Femenine.
South America -> Masculine.

It sounds incredibly weird for me when I've read "el PlayStation". It's all about what you've heard when you're little and your mind is fixing patterns and structures for the lenguage. If you've heard "la Atari", "la NES" or whatever, you'll start calling every console that way. Our minds love to use those patterns, especially when you're a kid and you haven't learned grammar. Most mistakes they have while speaking are precisely because they're using logic (like saying sweeped instead of swept, or "cabo" instead of "quepo" in spanish) instead of rules.
___

When we'll get shipments for next week and first day sell throughs? Or there isn't anything releasing next week?

In Argentina/Uruguay it's el Nintendo, la Play, el DS, el Gameboy, la Xbox and la Wii.

Mpl90

Eh, 50k is still quite high for Week 3, though. After having sold already 15 millions, too. It's normal that it doesn't repeat last years numbers. And it's not something so worrying, especially considering how software continues to sell, and sell, and sell. Still, Nintendo should think about releasing 2DS over there, in order to rise hardware sales again.

However, I believe this Q1 will see 3DS having a more steady pace: the Q1 lineup seems better than last year, so far.

TheZjman

Banned
3DS is kind of running into a corner in terms of sales now. It did so well for so long, obviously slowing down a bit now.

2DS incoming.

Celine

Still nearly -40% compared to last year. And last year was already down by 12%.
3DS won't sell anything near 5M this year without price cut/new revision.

I think NPD January will be interesting.

Aren't we playing limbo with Wii U again here as well?

EDIT: Oh, early numbers. Japanese hardware market looking pretty awful.
That's because there are two new systems released.
March and April NPD will be even more interesting on that regard.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Japan console gaming is one terrifyingly stagnant market right now.

PSP sold 80k on week 03 2008.

3DS is slowing down faster than I thought.

PSP hadn't accumulated anywhere near the same amount of userbase that the 3DS already has and was coming off incredible momentum with the release of the 2000 model and Crisis Core. The PSP outsold even the DS for much of 2008 (especially after MHP2ndG was released) and it wasn't until a late turn around that the DS managed to edge it out for the year.

Mpl90

PSP sold 80k on week 03 2008.

3DS is slowing down faster than I thought.

I have 65k for Week 3, 2008 on PSP (Famitsu).

But...PSP sold much, much, much less than 3DS in its first three years, and MH phenomenon revived it. Not a good comparison, IMHO.

allan-bh

I have 65k for Week 3, 2008 on PSP (Famitsu).
But...PSP sold much, much, much less than 3DS in its first three years, and MH phenomenon revived it. Not a good comparison, IMHO.

I used Media Create.

And yes, PSP sold less, but 3DS in 2013 is down YoY even with major releases like Monster Hunter 4 and Pokemon X & Y. I expected more for the system,

BowieZ

Banned
Wasn't DS selling somewhere around 60K on average in the first half of the year in 2008? (Edit: it was closer to 80-90K for the first month.)

I used Media Create.

And yes, PSP sold less, but 3DS in 2013 is down YoY even with major releases like Monster Hunter 4 and Pokemon X & Y. I expected more for the system,
2012 also had major releases and a model revision. 5.5m achieved in 2012 is a very high bar, but that doesn't mean 4.9m isn't great.

Wasn't DS selling somewhere around 60K on average in the first half of the year in 2008? (Edit: it was closer to 80-90K for the first month.)
Yeah but DS is DS. 3DS hasn't been keeping pace with it, so why would that happen now? But 2008 DS was a faaaaaaar cry from 2006 and 2007 (which was also a drop from 2006) so the trends are similar.

Top Bottom