• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 2, 2015 (Jan 05 - Jan 11)

3Kaze

08./10. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V # <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2014.12.11} (¥7.992) - 9.211 / 144.876 (-47%)
15./00. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V [Bargain Edition] <ACT> (Rockstar Games) {2014.06.26} (¥5.389) - 4.641 / 107.614

GTA V is a beast.

Foshy

can we except a Vita 3000 model this year? the 2000 model released on october 2013

Doubt it. A revision with micro SD support and integrated memory coupled with a pricedrop would help it, but I think it's unlikely at this point.

Corgi

Banned
been wondering, but why didn't nintendo go the face plate route with the LL? You'd think the bigger one being the best seller since forever would equal more faceplate sales?

Tadaima

I'm impressed Pokemon is holding up against YW so well, to be honest. YW is absolutely everywhere right now. You can't walk a single block without seeing some marketing for it. It really is insane, and it sort of shows how powerful Pokemon is, since the game is pretty much exclusively selling on the brand itself and not a countless amount of co-marketing efforts.

small44

sörine;147367466 said:
3rd parties haven't been able to really push consoles since PS2. 10 months with a launch rush are probably more valuable than 12 months without one.

You mean that PS3 game?

3rd party was always the reasons why consoles sold well.
January and February will replace at least half of ps4 launch sales

Oregano

Is the game really terrible or is another Attack on Titan-like situation? Because I heard the game is average, but completely fine.

From what I have read it severely lacks content for the genre and some gameplay aspects suck. That's on top of its performance issues.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Why is 3DS famitsu numbers consistently head of last years YTD and MC below? I wonder when the difference will be accounted for.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wow... never seen a console tank as hard as the XBO before. That must be some record breaking lows. It might go sub 100 this year.

sörine;147366245 said:
Wii U did worse in 2014 with a better lineup than 2013. Never say never.

I think PS4 will do over 1m this year (especially if FFXV launches in Q4) but it could just as easily not.

Audiences between Nintendo titles on their home consoles seem to overlap quite lot so it wasn't that surprising especially if you just remember how Gamecube did back in a day. I mean fricking Destiny pushed more PS4s during its debut week than Mario Kart did for WiiU.

Cornbread78

Another week, another 3DS domination in hardware and software...

This could be an interesting year with all the planned PS4 game releases. Hopefully, we can get some jRPGs back on the big screen on PS4 to help as well.

You hear that Baba? Tales, PS4, DO IT!

Kid Ying

sörine;147366245 said:
Wii U did worse in 2014 with a better lineup than 2013. Never say never.

I think PS4 will do over 1m this year (especially if FFXV launches in Q4) but it could just as easily not.
The wiiu lineup had a couple of big hits more than in 2013, but i dont think it was better. 2013 had a lot more games. 2014 was much more barren. Apart from Banco and Nintendo, there was almost no releases, where in 2013 there was still games from squenix, banco, ubi and others.

Also, people are forgeting that almost half of the ps4 sales came from its launch window and the rest of the year was just crap sales all around. It could surpass 1 million this year, but last years are no indicative of what will happen this year.

Sandokan

Banned
Vita won't reach 1 millions this year

I think it can reach 1 million. Vita did fine in 2014 considering it didn't get major price drop nor revision and it can perform in similar fashion this year provided it gets games and special editions. Also Senran Kagura Estival versus is coming to vita in march and I guess boobs will play important role in increasing Vita's sales this year.

Doesn't Persona 5 release this year? PS4 will do 1 million easy I think.

Dat Persona 5 hype lol

A enhanced re-release of YW2 that came out 5 months after the main version is going to outsell the remake of the most requested Pokemon region.

Let that sink in

I wonder how much YW3 will do and if it can get in the pokemon mainline leagues of 4 million+

Another week, another 3DS domination in hardware and software...

This could be an interesting year with all the planned PS4 game releases. Hopefully, we can get some jRPGs back on the big screen on PS4 to help as well.

You hear that Baba? Tales, PS4, DO IT!

I can see it now.....ToZ:e announced for PS4 for this holiday lol

small44

I think it can reach 1 million. Vita did fine in 2014 considering it didn't get major price drop nor revision and it can perform in similar fashion this year provided it gets games and special editions. Also Senran Kagura Estival versus is coming to vita in march and I guess boobs will play important role in increasing Vita's sales this year.

PSV 2013 price cut effect was still apparent in 2014 and i don't see PSV having another price cut i see Sony focusing at profitability rather then sales.
Sequel and re-release won't boost vita since fans already have a psv ,did boobs games ever boost Vita?

Sandokan

Banned
PSV 2013 price cut effect was still apparent in 2014 and i don't see PSV having another price cut i see Sony focusing at profitability rather then sales.
Sequel and re-release won't boost vita since fans already have a psv ,did boobs games ever boost Vita?

I'm not sure if 2013 price cut was still affecting 2014 sales, by this logic we can say that it still affects sales to this day which would be partially true but.. SK Shinovi versus actually had a great launch but this was partly because of ongoing price drop back in march 2013. Actually visual novels, many of which are D rated do give Vita some edge over 3ds at least in one category (although it fails badly in others) and boost it's sales. As for price cut, I think you are right that Vita wont see any in near or not so near future but I still guess it can manage even without that as game quality n diversity and special editions are more important.

I wonder what caused that Explorers collapse. Stock or post-holidays?

Looks like hardware is all down the same %, which is alright.

Interesting that both Gundam Breakers are on pretty much the same LTD at this point.

Mory Dunz

Audiences between Nintendo titles on their home consoles seem to overlap quite lot so it wasn't that surprising especially if you just remember how Gamecube did back in a day. I mean fricking Destiny pushed more PS4s during its debut week than Mario Kart did for WiiU.

I thought Destiny week was DQH bundle week though, unless I'm wrong.

Cornbread78

Dat Persona 5 hype lol

I can see it now.....ToZ:e announced for PS4 for this holiday lol

Well, let's be honest, if they launch it on PS3 in NA, it will be lost in obsurity. However, if launched on PS4, it will fit in nicely and can be promosted as one of the first jRPGs on a system that doesn't really have any yet.

Shining Resonance should have been a PS4 title as well and SEGA would really help themselves by at least making it cross-gen when it launches in NA/EU.

small44

I'm not sure if 2013 price cut was still affecting 2014 sales, by this logic we can say that it still affects sales to this day which would be partially true but.. SK Shinovi versus actually had a great launch but this was partly because of ongoing price drop back in march 2013. Actually visual novels, many of which are D rated do give Vita some edge over 3ds at least in one category (although it fails badly in others) and boost it's sales. As for price cut, I think you are right that Vita wont see any in near or not so near future but I still guess it can manage even without that as game quality n diversity and special editions are more important.

First part of 2014 was a better don't the second for Vita i think it's because the effect.
Give me some exemple of system sellers visual novels i know they sold better in psv but i really doubt any of them considerably boost Vita
I feel this year line up for psv is worse then 2013-2014 that's why i don't think it will reach one millions

sörine

Banned
3rd party was always the reasons why consoles sold well.
PlayStation consoles perhaps. Nearly everything else (Famicom, Game Boy, PC Engine, Saturn, DS, Wii, etc) has been driven by 1st party games primairily. Some had big 3rd party games still, but 1st party games are what put these systems in homes mainly.

January and February will replace at least half of ps4 launch sales
So 10 months isn't at all a disadvantage then. Right.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Nintendo is releasing an f2p Pokemon game for 3DS that works like Candy Crush Saga.

Pokémon Shuffle will bring a free-to-play puzzle game to the Nintendo 3DS next month, Nintendo announced today during a Nintendo Direct event.

The puzzle game will be available from the eShop and will let you collect and evolve Pokémon and battle in a Tetris-inspired (sic) [Actually Match-3] game. You play until your hearts run out. Players can earn items by playing the game or buying them through in-app purchases in Pokémon Shuffle.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/14/7545177/pokemon-shuffle-3ds-release-date

B7UOQe0CYAAaWMv.jpg

Namco Bandai also has an f2p co-op game for Wii U.

B7UQwXfIMAIv0uj_thumb.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/14/project-treasure-wii-u-announced-bandai-namco/

free-to-play title for the Wii U
up to four players
cooperate online
clear traps
route enemies
seize treasure.

Well 3DS got a new Fire Emblem and Rhythm Tengoku to round out it's line up a little more for this year. Could have been worse.

small44

sörine;147381866 said:
PlayStation consoles perhaps. Nearly everything else (Famicom, Game Boy, PC Engine, Saturn, DS, Wii, etc) has been driven by 1st party games primairily. Some had big 3rd party games still, but 1st party games are what put these systems in homes.

So 10 months isn't at all a disadvantage then. Right.

So i'm right in the PS consoles case

Mory Dunz

Well 3DS got a new Fire Emblem and Rhythm Tengoku to round out it's line up a little more for this year. Could have been worse.

Wait, did they say FE is this year?

With the announcement of FE, I fear for Paper Mario.
Maybe Wii U 2 launch title....? I wish.

Surprised Yoshi wasn't shown in the direct. I guess it's coming after May?

So I anticipated a new FE and a new RH for 3DS... and there you go.

Rhythm Heaven 3DS is the second safe 3DS 2015 million sellers, after Puzzle & Dragons: Mario Edition.

sörine

Banned
Give me any Sony first party that boost ps3 more then Final fantasy games or MGS4.
Oh, what little success they did manage was due mainly to 3rd party games no doubt. Emphasis though on little.

Lacking 3rd party games definitely hurt Wii U, but it's not a silver bullet to victory. There's really no guarantee a bunch of ports will push PS4 past a million this year. It had plenty of ports last year too, even in many of the big franchises (MGS, FF, Yakuza, WE, Musou, etc). I think PS4 getting past a million might depend on if FFXV makes December or not.

Top Bottom