• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 2, 2015 (Jan 05 - Jan 11)

antibolo

Banned
can we except a Vita 3000 model this year? the 2000 model released on october 2013

I seriously doubt we'll see another revision of the Vita, even one that's Japan/Asia only.

Sony just doesn't care anymore, they still sell it because 3rd parties are still releasing stuff for it but they're done as far as first party support goes.

Oregano

By the way I joked about the Monster Hunter dudes emphasizing the word "new" when talking about their plans for 2015 but after watching the Tsujimoto section of the Nintendo Direct and seeing the tagline on the Gamestop ad I wouldn't be surprised if they were hinting at something New 3DS related.

Kid Ying

So any thoughts on the release schedule for the 3DS/Wii U in JP now?

Wii U:
1/22 - Kirby Rainbow Curse
1/22 - Lego Marvel Superheroes
3/12 - Mario Party 10
4/2 - Rodea Sky Soldier
4/2 - Lego Batman 3
4/29 - Xenoblade X
May - Splatoon

(That's what we know now right)?
Plus digitally we have Mario v. DK - 3/19 and
Yakuman Houou - 2/18

3DS new stuff
Fire Emblem If - Summer
Girls Mode 3 (forgot the date)
Rhythm Heaven - 2015
and I think some titles like Etrian Mystery Dungeon (?) & Hatsune Miku (5/26) got a release date.
Mario vs DK will have a retail release too. It says on the direct. Yakuman is download only.

extralite

the PS4 will be above it from now on. That's pretty much expected. Early debates were by how much and how fast it would pass.

Mario maker and MP10 are the games with the best potential to cause a bump.
It won't be much though.

What the Wii u would need are not bumps, but enough interest to stay above 6-7k for the year.

Shouldn't XBX be the title promising a more significant bump? As opposed to more Mario, XBX covers an audience that wasn't served numerous times already. The only other title like it is DQX. Which will get another release in spring also.

Basically PS4 owners will still be waiting for FFXV when XBX hits, and still be waiting for a proper DQ RPG announcement when DQXV3 hits. Wii U is getting some good RPG support with online multiplayer to withstand used sales.

Unless DQX for PS4 or KH3 get stealth announced, PS4 still lacks interesting RPG exclusives. Whereas Wii U clearly wins first half of 2015 in this genre.

Maybe it will bomb, maybe it sell 100k... but Nintendo will release LEGO City 3DS in Japan on March 5.

WIU : LEGO City Undercover ( Nintendo ) { 2013-07-25 } - 18,077 / 74,734

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Now that I took a closer look to Direct I'm convinced (again) that Nintendo is the only company that can announce and release games so quickly.

horuhe

Now that I took a closer look to Direct I'm convinced (again) that Nintendo is the only company that can announce and release games so quickly.

Only with a simple Direct they can change a complete schedule for the year. I mean, maybe can not save the company from all dooms that is involved, but they surely know how to move their cards.

Q4 will be good in terms on releases. Possibly not for Wii U at all, but surely for 3DS.

Only with a simple Direct they can change a complete schedule for the year. I mean, maybe can not save the company from all dooms that is involved, but they surely know how to move their cards.

Q4 will be good in terms on releases. Possibly not for Wii U at all, but surely for 3DS.

How is it possitive ?

People buying consoles in holiday period had only partial knowledge of incoming lineup which made it look it worse than in reality.

Altrough looking at that Wii U lineup maybe effect of people giving it benefit of doubt was better choice.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Going by Famitsu, Super Smash Bros (Wii U + 3DS + 3DS digital sales) is at 2,877,365. 122,635 to go before reaching 3 millions!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Maybe it will bomb, maybe it sell 100k... but Nintendo will release LEGO City 3DS in Japan on March 5.

WIU : LEGO City Undercover ( Nintendo ) { 2013-07-25 } - 18,077 / 74,734

As indicated by this result, the Wii U title had surprising sales and good legs. I wonder how the 3DS game will perform, don't know what to expect honestly.

Okay so IGN had the clearest description. It's a stamina bar as opposed to also buying power ups like Candy Crush like Polygon implied.
Curious about the proportion of revenue King makes from buying lives vs buying power ups.

Also, more generally do people take this move towards a microtransaction F2P Pokemon puzzle game as positive or negative. I'm somewhat curious given the general disdain for King and Candy Crush.

Vena

Also, more generally do people take this move towards a microtransaction F2P Pokemon puzzle game as positive or negative. I'm somewhat curious given the general disdain for King and Candy Crush.

Mixed.

F2P that is Pay2Play over time but with a given allotment per day for free is, in general, a pretty standard model for transactions at this point. From MMOs to mobile games, its not an unusual or strange concept. Its more a matter of asking how much are you given as a normal consumer and are you forced into buying more time to get your worth?

F2P that is Pay2Play with artificial difficulty barriers that are conveniently sold as microtransactions, whether that be power-ups or "spend money to make X go faster" or where you're given five minutes of play-time (or endless, really, as in this case it really doesn't matter) but an action takes 20 hours unless you pay, are usually what is seen as insidious.

It would seem, as more information has come out, that this title is more the former than the latter. But exactly where it falls is yet to be seen. In as of so far, Nintendo's F2P games have seemingly erred on the side of the former, even with the crane game where you can play daily and always win something.

Cipherr

Looks like 3DS will make it to 20m before the end of its lifespan. Not bad. Not the best ever, but certainly not bad.

Hmm, it's been a relatively long time since I've played Candy Crush, but my experience of it fell more towards the former... (Ergo I never really got the disdain it elicited.)

Anyway, I suppose we'll see as more info comes, how many hearts are there, what's the cooldown, are there other ways to get hearts outside of winning items in gameplay or purchasing them. Etc. etc.

Dazza

Hmm, it's been a relatively long time since I've played Candy Crush, but my experience of it fell more towards the former... (Ergo I never really got the disdain it elicited.)

Anyway, I suppose we'll see as more info comes, how many hearts are there, what's the cooldown, are there other ways to get hearts outside of winning items in gameplay or purchasing them. Etc. etc.

It is that way in the early levels, then like the latter in the later levels, where you would have to be extremely lucky to finish a level without any assists

It is that way in the early levels, then like the latter in the later levels, where you would have to be extremely lucky to finish a level without any assists
I got to like level 100 and something. There was annoying spreading chocolate etc. etc.

Still didn't feel like I was being forced to pay anything (and I never did.)

I recently started playing a bit of Clash of Clans, and I'd say it probably veers more towards the latter i.e. pay to speed up things. But I don't know if it gets the same scorn.

Vena

I got to like level 100 and something. There was annoying spreading chocolate etc. etc.

Still didn't feel like I was being forced to pay anything (and I never did.)

I recently started playing a bit of Clash of Clans, and I'd say it probably veers more towards the latter i.e. pay to speed up things. But I don't know if it gets the same scorn.

Candy Crush, honestly, is overall designed decently, at best... there are some very obvious, deliberate gimps that are imposed on the player as you progress but for any normal individual, I would say, that plays on and off for reasonable spans of time, the game is actually fairly designed. This ties into why its so profitable and addictive to people because they don't tend to feel cheated. The game will definitely cheat though but only after you've already been invested.

Insidious, I was talking more like Dungeon Defender Mobile or All The Bravest. Or power-ups like some of the RPGs that literally sell you god-mode weapons or other junk where the game is obviously made more difficult and requires incredibly tedious grinding without the power-ups or the weapons. This is the sort of game that cheats right out of the gate and will barely let you budge an inch before you've spent money on it.

In an as of so far from what we know, this F2P Pokemon game is in the former category, and the idea for where they want to catch you on paying is in the same vein as Candy Crush of "just a little bit more", but we'll have to wait and see where and how the game "cheats you" or where the barriers for time are set.

hiska-kun

I made a list with the medium/important games that will be launched from now until Golden Week. I ignored small releases.
I underlined the ND new games and dates.
Noted also Bloodborne delay that I think it will affect somehow PS4 rebirth.

Week 4 2015 (22nd of January)

[PS3] Tales of Zestiria
[3DS] Legend of Legacy
[WIU] Touch! Kirby Super Rainbow

Week 5 2015 (29th of January)

[PS4] [PS3] Far Cry 4
[PS4] BladeStorm: 100 years of War & Nightmare
[3DS] Devil Survivor 2: Break

Week 6 2015 (5th of February)

[PS4] Bloodborne
(delayed)
[PS3] [PS4] Dragon Ball Xenoverse
[3DS] Lost Heroes 2

Week 7 2015 (11th of February)

[PS3] [PS4] [PSV] Samurai Warriors 4-II
[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (14th of February)

Week 8 2015 (19th of February)

[PSV] [PS4] God Eater 2: Rage Burst
[PS4] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
[PS4] The Order 1886 (20 of February)

Week 9 2015 (26th of February)

[PS4] [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes

Week 10 2015 (5th of March)

[3DS] Etrian Odyssey Mysterious Dungeon

Week 11 2015 (12 of March)

[PS4] [PS3] Resident Evil Revelations 2
[PS4] [PS3] Yakuza 0
[PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
[WIU] Mario Party 10

Week 12 2015 (19 of March)

[PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
[PS4] Battlefield Hardline
[3DS] [WIU] Mario VS Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars

Week 13 2015 (26 of March)

[PS4] Bloodborne
[PS3] [PS4] [PSV] One Piece: Pirates Warriors 3
[PSV] [PS3] Sword Art Online: Lost Song
[PSV] [PS4] Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
[PS4] Disgaea 5
[PS3] [PS4] [PSV] Kagero: Another Princess
[3DS] Theatrhythm Dragon Quest

Week 14 2015 (2nd of April)

[PS3] [PSV] Super Robot Taisen Z 3rd
[PS4] Earth Defence Force 4.1
[3DS] [WIU] Rodea: The Sky Soldier
[3DS] Xenoblade 3D

Week 15 2015 (9th of April)

[PS4] Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

Week 16 2015 (15th of April)

[3DS] Style Savvy 3: Kirakira Code

Week 17 2015 (23rd of April)

[3DS] Bravely Second
[PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II

Week 18 2015 (29 of April)

[3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Edition
[WIU] Xenoblade X

Week 19 2015 => Golden Week

May

[3DS] Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
[WIU] Splatoon

Summer

[3DS] Fire Emblem IF
[3DS] Rhythm Paradise 3D

Kid Ying

I don't see the great Wii U schedule at all. 3DS looks good though.
Its not the best schedule, but its much better than last year's where it had nothing in january, Wii fit u, puyo tetris an donkey Kong in february, just dance in match and famiremix in april. Till Mario kart, 2014 was pretty bad. 2015 has more games with potential to sell and more games in general. It only lacks a big hitter.

samar11

I don't get how PS4 has been selling more then Wii U in the last few weeks, it has more games that are targeted for japanese audience, doesn't it ?

Mory Dunz

I don't get how PS4 has been selling more then Wii U in the last few weeks, it has more games that are targeted for japanese audience, doesn't it ?

The PS4 is a more attractive product in general.

The Wii U's games couldn't make up for the Wii U being....the Wii U.

PS4 should likely stay ahead from here on out.

Jamix012

The PS4 is a more attractive product in general.

The Wii U's games couldn't make up for the Wii U being....the Wii U.

PS4 should likely stay ahead from here on out.

Ahead, while also being behind when launch alligned, and will remain behind for a while at least. This will be the PS4's strongest year most likely thought in Japan, so we'll see.

Mory Dunz

Ahead, while also being behind when launch alligned, and will remain behind for a while at least. This will be the PS4's strongest year most likely thought in Japan, so we'll see.

Yeah, I think it'll only be a few thousand above the Wii U on a weekly basis.
Not 20K more or 10K more regularly which would be needed to pass it by fall '15 or fall '16 respectively.

Shizuka

Week 13 2015 (26 of March)

[PS4] Bloodborne
[PS3] [PS4] [PSV] One Piece: Pirates Warriors 3
[PSV] [PS3] Sword Art Online: Lost Song
[PSV] [PS4] Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
[PS4] Disgaea 5
[PS3] [PS4] [PSV] Kagero: Another Princess
[3DS] Theatrhythm Dragon Quest

Most interesting week of the year right here.

LOCK

I don't see the great Wii U schedule at all. 3DS looks good though.

Great compared to previous years, and potentially better quality. MP10 should be a decent seller and XCX could be bigger than the first game with the additional advertising from Nintendo. And then there is Splatoon which is unknown how it will perform.

Much better than DK and MK8.

I think the thing about Nintendo's F2P experiments is that they acclimating 3DS owners to the F2P concept and in this case in particular the go to model for mobile games. This could be a good vote of confidence for mobile developers.

It's Nintendo effectively saying: "We're not only okay with that business model, we are actively supporting it!".
or they're trying to reinforce the idea that mobile = f2p, for everything else there's 3ds

BriBri

And am I write in my assumption that this box art doesn't contain a physical game but a code for both the 3DS and Wii U games? Thanks!

tumblr_ni7gklxFXe1s2z1y6o1_1280.jpg

PS4's future is far brighter and more attractive than WiiU's. Perhaps it due to that.

2016 aka the year FFXV comes out. Other potential games, DQ11, GT7, RE7, and we may finally move on from PS3/4 so franchises like Tales and Yakuza could get exclusive entries.

hiska-kun

This week's releases:

[3DS] Kenka Bancho 6: Soul & Blood
47B2BD9E-92DF-4583-A0DA-D4174CB0B09F_zpsp8ljo2xz.jpg

----

Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 limited bundles finally sold out in Bic Camera Ikebukuro (they were still available last week).

Busaiku

So are there any expectations for Kenka Bancho?
Is it gonna be the biggest disaster this year, prior to The Legend of Legacy?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
DQX v3 releases for PC, Wii and Wii U 4/30. Digital version also available for Wii U.

Biggest Disaster.
But you'll lose your bet with LoL ;)

Any reason we're expecting it to bomb?

Also

https://twitter.com/NintendoTweet/status/555589882928586752/photo/1 - Captain Toad Amiibo bundle for JP

B7XaDYaCQAEZc_g.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/NintendoTweet/status/555590436341837824/photo/1 - Mario Party 10 Amiibo bundle for JP

Also Pokken Tournament info on Jan 23rd on niconico

B7Xfv3UCEAIAIyk.png:large

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/245181-...-info-coming-on-jan-23rd-courtesy-of-niconico

And am I right in my assumption that this box art doesn't contain a physical game but a code for both the 3DS and Wii U games? Thanks!

What would be the point of this then? Just retail space? Btw, was the last Mario v. DK a retail release in Japan?
B7XbBuRCMAA4zST.jpg:large

Top Bottom