• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 2, 2016 (Jan 11 - Jan 17)

At some point if every Wii U game is on NX, putting them on NX will make no sense. I don't think people are gonna be playing 20 Wii U, PS4 or 3DS ports at launch, no matter how successful it is. The Wii U will have to keep some games to itself.

Despite some people here not liking the demo for DQB, it has reviewed well on Amazon. It gained like 8pts on this update (normally 2-3 a day).

a guy gave it 1 star cause there is a limit of the freedom you have: you can't enter "penis" as a name

good reason indeed :D

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
COMG chart January 23, 2016

01. [PSV] Kan Colle Kai (combined) - 294pt
02. [PSV] Dragon Quest Builders - 90pt
03. [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders - 58pt
04. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV FINAL - 51pt
05. [PS4] DARK SOULS III Dark Seoul 3 - 39pt
06. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 - 34pt
07. [WiiU] Mario Tennis Ultra Smash - 32pt
08. [PS4] NARUTO- Naruto - Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - 32pt
09. [PSV] Digimon World -next 0rder- - 29pt
10. [PSV] Summon Night 6 (Deluxe Pack) - 25pt
11. [PS4] Star Ocean 5 -Integrity and Faithlessness- - 20pt
12. [PS3] Dragon Quest Builders - 19pt
13. [PSV] Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- X - 18pt
14. [WiiU] POKKEN TOURNAMENT - 16pt
15. [PS3] Star Ocean 5 -Integrity and Faithlessness- - 16pt
16. [3DS] Haikyuu !! Cross team match cross game box - 15pt
17. [PS4] Valkyria Chronicles remastered - 15pt
18. [3DS] Rockman Classics Collection - 15pt
19. [PSV] Kamen Rider: Battride War Creation - 15pt

most relevant missing games :
- (PS34V) Attack on Titan - 2015/2/18 (#41 and #87 on Amazon)
- (PS4) Street Fighter V - 2015/2/18 (out of top100)

Isn't Mario Tennis doing unusually well in Comgnet?

hiska-kun

Isn't Mario Tennis doing unusually well in Comgnet?

Yes, it is. I guess that Wii U is in a better position now than other years thanks to to great holiday season with Splatoon and Mario Maker. Mario Tennis could be the second/third game that the new users that purchased Wii U this Christmas are considering.

The game is doing better than the 2014 and 2015 winter games (Donkey Kong Returns 2 and Kirby Rainbow Curse). I also wouldn't be surprised if Zelda Twilight Princess and Pokken perform better than average Wii U games.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
On the other hand pokken started earlier in conngnet but...it doesnt move at all. That 20 fw prediction seems too high even for Red ring :p

Just a joke

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Attack on Titan not charting on comgnet with less than a month to go is a pretty big surprise to me.

I know there were high expectations for this game from many here when it was announced but what I saw looked totally unispiring to me, even comparing to the standard musou gameplay. It looks like the next big thing that fails to meet original hype.

Takao

Banned
KT should've waited for the second season of the anime. Right now the game's the bottom layer of a sandwich consisting of two poorly received live action films and a completed comedy anime.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
On the other hand pokken started earlier in conngnet but...it doesnt move at all. That 20 fw prediction seems too high even for Red ring :p

Just a joke

:)

200,000 was a prediction made by starting January, when it was already on COMG Chart, and i Said i would adjust my prediction with The COMG Thread. It's like with Splatoon when i predicted 1.8m and now i'm go with +2m because now 1.8m is stupid low. :p

Also i don't know if i'm famous or something like This since people always quote me ( Maybe is really This since People call me The Zhuge EX alt muhaha /jk) but like You mensione my predictions for Pokken, should we also talked about who predicted 100k LT, or 150k maximum, like Pennywise or Eolz?
Or we just interesting in Tolu prediction?

KT should've waited for the second season of the anime. Right now the game's the bottom layer of a sandwich consisting of two poorly received live action films and a completed comedy anime.

Super popular manga IP + Renowned developer + Sony ecosystem... One would expect a big success especially considering the success of projects such as Ken's Rage and One Piece Warriors. Instead it might end selling less than Attack on Titan 3DS.

Welfare

Ōkami;193050042 said:
We've discussed how crazy March is already, well this is February.

88fa7164.jpg

Obviously this is counting multiple SKUs of the same game.

Do we have a translated version of this list? Only one I know for certain is Naruto lol

Takao

Banned
Super popular manga IP + Renowned developer + Sony ecosystem... One would expect a big success especially considering the success of projects such as Ken's Rage and One Piece Warriors. Instead it might end selling less than Attack on Titan 3DS.

I don't disagree.

Kanann

Do we have a translated version of this list? Only one I know for certain is Naruto lol

- naruto
- romance of three kingdom dating sim (for girl)
- SMT4 FINAL
- Valkyrie Chronicle remaster
- another dating sim or wth I dont care
- Mario x Sonic olympic
- Attack of the Titan
- Yuki no Setsuna (SQEN jRPG/chrono trigger clone)
- SFV
- Kankole
- Megaman classic collection 3DS
- Idol Master anime vol.9
- Kamen Rider modern vs. 70s era
- another 3 kingdom without dating sim, I guess
- God Eater anime
- DOA Extremeeeeeeeeee with SJWs volleyball
- dating sim
- dating sim
- school dating sim
- another dating sim for girl (non 18+ version)
- dating sim again
- maybe dating sim
- hero dead, and then dating sim began
- WiiU chess game
- zoo tycoon
- forza
- Raiden Five
- Halo5

200,000 was a prediction made by starting January, when it was already on COMG Chart, and i Said i would adjust my prediction with The COMG Thread. It's like with Splatoon when i predicted 1.8m and now i'm go with +2m because now 1.8m is stupid low. :p

Also i don't know if i'm famous or something like This since people always quote me ( Maybe is really This since People call me The Zhuge EX alt muhaha /jk) but like You mensione my predictions for Pokken, should we also talked about who predicted 100k LT, or 150k maximum, like Pennywise or Eolz?

at least they don't change their predictions as time goes by....

Eolz

Pokken could outsell it worldwide.

Wouldn't that be a terrible result for SFV? I guess I am not sure how to gauge the popularity of Pokemon in such a context as what is outright a core fighting game rather than its many other much more "in tune with the younger audience" spin-off games.

That would indeed be pretty terrible if that happened.
I'm sure SFV will win easily WW (edit: NX version or not), but I have no idea for japan to be honest.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
YSO predictions

Week 4, 2016 (Jan 25 - Jan 31)

01. [PSV] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo < 135k (average 120k)
02. [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo < 90k (average 75k)
03. [WIU] Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash < 65k (average 55k)
___

00. [PSV][PS4][PS3] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo < 255k (average 230k)
00. [PSV] Uta no Prince-Sama: Music 3 < 35k (average 20k)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah the PS3 seems to be falling off pretty hard at this point.

I suspect a lot of the active users have migrated already.

Maniel

Banned
YSO predictions

Week 4, 2016 (Jan 25 - Jan 31)

01. [PSV] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo < 135k (average 120k)
02. [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo < 90k (average 75k)
03. [WIU] Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash < 65k (average 55k)
___

00. [PSV][PS4][PS3] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo < 255k (average 230k)
00. [PSV] Uta no Prince-Sama: Music 3 < 35k (average 20k)

Not that great for dragon quest. Only encouraging thing is that the ps3 version is near dead. Mario Tennis on the other hand is going to have an opening week that exceeds my expectations.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

I have nothing against you it is just that your predictions are the most outstanding ones :p

Tratorn

DQB is too expensive at launch for the audience that'll mostly buy the game, to have a really strong launch.
If the game isn't outright terrible, it should have nice legs (on vita).

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

For several franchises not yet. Yakuza will have a big part of sales on PS3 next week and we still have to see how PS4 reacts at big exclusive titles. Dark Souls III will be the next test.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
at least they don't change their predictions as time goes by....

LOL and this is wrong, when someone made a prediction he should always change it if somthing is wrong.

Like for a console Lifetime prediction, there are people who make a random guess like "PS4 will sell 100 million", which is not a bad prediction, the problem is HOW they make it.

Because we SHOULD make an annual prediction for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, ecc...

I changed my PS4 prediction a LOT of times, i predicted like 120 million at launch, then i predicted 90 million by end of 2014, and now i say around 100 million, reason? It sold better than what i expected at launch, but less in 2014, and more in 2015, that's why i increase and decrease my prediction, if the trend is difference i always change it.

Like for Splatoon. Why i changed my prediction 1.8m to 2m? Maybe because it sold better than what i predicted? I predicted 1.2m by end of 2015, and it sold >1.32m

This is how you should make a prediction.

Btw, talking about predictions, i was right. With what predition? I predicted you was gonna reply me... ;P

I have nothing against you it is just that your predictions are the most outstanding ones :p

So, this confirmed what i said. I'm famous. :D

Ryng_tolu

Banned
In America amiibo Festival outsold Mario Tennis. It looks to be the opposite in Japan. That is just hilarious.

Well all considering both sold super low, so this is not much important.

But wow, Mario Tennis sold 67,000 in USA in 6 weeks ( 6 HOLIDAYS week), looks like it will sell around those numbers only first week in Japan?

Still bad but i don't get why it should do better in Japan.

Jigorath

Banned
Dragon Quest Builders is low. Square really screwed up on pricing if they were trying to target the Minecraft audience.

Mario Tennis looks bad too but I'm not sure how that franchise usually sells.

Eolz

Not that surprised at YSO's predictions for DQB, will probably sell more on the long term, but in the end, it's neither DQ nor Minecraft. At least the PS4 numbers for it seem decent enough.

Good.

horuhe

So, this confirmed what i said. I'm famous. :D

Yes you are, mate. At least, in terms on outstanding bets and other stuff. That Splatoon 1.5 million of you, really gave you a point.

Show me the numbers please~

Rakuten had PS3 version first, but they reported a very small difference. So I expect that even though the PS3 version could end up selling more, a 55% - 45% ratio is lock a this point.

Dragon Quest Builders is low. Square really screwed up on pricing if they were trying to target the Minecraft audience.

Here, the key will be the afterpricecut that stores could do. I'm quite sure Square is gonna overship this thing.

DQB is too expensive at launch for the audience that'll mostly buy the game, to have a really strong launch.
If the game isn't outright terrible, it should have nice legs (on vita).

Mario Tennis looks bad too but I'm not sure how that franchise usually sells.

I still think the primary audience for the game in Japan is the DQ fan base and therefore the price should not be a problem. In the long-run this might hurt if they want to target the Minecraft audience but Builders is primary a DQ game.

Sterok

Okay, looking back Mario Tennis eeked out over AF in the US. Tennis still seems to be overperforming relative to expectations here.

I don't think Minecraft opened too high, so Builders's FW seems fine. If it wants good legs though it'll need strong WOM and probably a price drop.

Maniel

Banned
I think Builders will have better legs than many other Dragon Quest games depending on how low the price will be dropped to. Once it hits 4k yen or lower I think it may be possible for it to hang around the bottom of the charts for a while.

I do wonder though. Since it looks like Twilight Princess HD, Mario Tennis, and of course Pokken look to be fine. I wonder if Star Fox will do fine..

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Rakuten had PS3 version first, but they reported a very small difference. So I expect that even though the PS3 version could end up selling more, a 55% - 45% ratio is lock a this point.

YSO predictions

Week 3, 2016 (Jan 18 - Jan 24)

01. [PS4] Yakuza: Kiwami < 110k (average 105k)
02. [PS3] Yakuza: Kiwami < 80k (average 75k)
03. [3DS] Hyrule Warriors Legends < 65k (average 55k)

PS3 version will have a big part of total sales.

- dating sim
- dating sim
- school dating sim
- another dating sim for girl (non 18+ version)
- dating sim again
- maybe dating sim
- hero dead, and then dating sim began
lmao
Monster Strike and Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon suffered a pricecut on Rakuten, don't know if Amazon though. They are 33% and 42% off respectively.
http://books.rakuten.co.jp/rb/13420579/ http://books.rakuten.co.jp/rb/13297109/
gotta clear that 1m shipped copies.

now i wonder if PazuDoraX can perform better than MonSuta 3DS later when it's released later

horuhe

PS3 version will have a big part of total sales.

Yeah, I also think so. Of course, I was refering first week, since we don't how much the game can sell LTD. But if you say PS3 version could have a great amount of sales proportionally speaking, I can agree.

Vena

I almost want to think that if Paper Mario is actually a WiiU release, its because of the weird end-of-life flatness YoY of the WiiU, and Nintendo wants to give the perception of a good end-of-life to the audiences that Splatoon and SMM have rather unexpectedly started to cultivate. The more active audience, as we can see from MT and Pokken, could also help push for the title to be released on the WiiU.

The 3DS is easier since it actually has external support, and its going to go out with a rich schedule in Japan and in the west (where, its looking to be better than it was last year, strangely).

I think Builders will have better legs than many other Dragon Quest games depending on how low the price will be dropped to. Once it hits 4k yen or lower I think it may be possible for it to hang around the bottom of the charts for a while.

Unless SE really stuffed retail, I honestly don't see this having legs. Price (fixable) but the game itself just feels shortsighted.

And price, I wouldn't say, is good at 4k for the target audience but 2k.

Rymuth

Speaking of late-life support, any updates concerning Harada's Project Treasure/Lost Reavers? Figured we might hear something about its reception or n.o. downloads about now.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I almost want to think that if Paper Mario is actually a WiiU release, its because of the weird end-of-life flatness YoY of the WiiU, and Nintendo wants to give the perception of a good end-of-life to the audiences that Splatoon and SMM have rather unexpectedly started to cultivate. The more active audience, as we can see from MT and Pokken, could also help push for the title to be released on the WiiU.

The 3DS is easier since it actually has external support, and its going to go out with a rich schedule in Japan and in the west (where, its looking to be better than it was last year, strangely).

If so they should make a price drop.

The 3DS is easier since it actually has external support, and its going to go out with a rich schedule in Japan and in the west (where, its looking to be better than it was last year, strangely)

In the West it'll mostly be RPGs and niche Japanese games. Pretty weak schedule so far for Western tastes, even for the portable market, which does lean towards Japanese games. It's severely lacking in the mainstream department. Personally this is the first year where I'm not looking forward to anything, unless Federation Force turned into a polished, ambitious game. Well I'm somewhat looking forward to Sonic Boom Fire and Ice but that's it.

In Japan however, 2016 should be a great springboard for the NX.

mao2

That's what happened, M-C doesn't mention the limited edition SKU.
I was gonna ask how Famitsu can track the sales of the Limited Edition since it's only sold online, then learned that both Bookwalker and Chara-ani.com are under Kadokawa Corporation too. :O Makes sense now, thanks!

Top Bottom