• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 20, 2013 (May 13 - May 19)

Orgen

[3DS] Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (18 days) - 417.000
[3DS] New Etrian Odyssey (4 days) - 93.000
[PS3] Gundam Breaker (4 days) - 129.000
[PS3] Atelier Escha & Logy (4 days) - 61.000
[PSP+PSV] Toukiden (4 days) - 115.000

DrWong

[3DS] Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (18 days) - 305K
[3DS] New Etrian Odyssey (4 days) - 100K
[PS3] Gundam Breaker (4 days) - 130K
[PS3] Atelier Escha & Logy (4 days) - 65K
[PSP+PSV] Toukiden (4 days) - 110K

I don't know if it will sell better than EO IV, but there're a lot of chances to sell really well. I think the changes they added (the history, voices, anime cutscenes...) can attract more people into the series.
Atlus Index is trying to mimic FE Awakening, clearly.

Kandinsky

Prediction League June, 2013

[3DS] Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (18 days) - 109.900
[3DS] New Etrian Odyssey (4 days) - 55.202
[PS3] Gundam Breaker (4 days) - 160.600
[PS3] Atelier Escha & Logy (4 days) - 82.900
[PSP+PSV] Toukiden (4 days) - 360.640

Comgnet chart is out.

SMT4 - 379pts

Persona 4 Golden - 310pts (137k FW)
Summon Night 5 - 380pts (105k FW)

Comgnet you are useless!

hiska-kun

Tsutaya weekly ranking:

01 (__) [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV (Atlus)
02 (__) [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations (Capcom)
03 (__) [PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War (Bandai Namco Games)
04 (__) [PSV] Valhalla Knights 3 (Marvelous AQL)
05 (02) [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life (Nintendo)
06 (__) [PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War [Premium TV Sound Edition] (Bandai Namco Games)
07 (01) [PSP] Summon Night 5 (Bandai Namco Games)
08 (__) [PS3] Terraria (Spike Chunsoft)
09 (03) [3DS] Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (Nintendo)
10 (05) [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
11 (04) [PS3] Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Capcom)
12 (__) [WIU] Resident Evil: Revelations (Capcom)
13 (__) [PS3] Z/X: Zillions of Enemy X - Zetsukai no Crusade (Nippon Ichi Software)
14 (08) [PSP] Pro Baseball Spirits 2013 (Konami)
15 (__) [360] Resident Evil: Revelations (Capcom)
16 (¿?) [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition (Bandai Namco Games)
17 (07) [PS3] Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
18 (12) [PS3] Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX (Square Enix)
19 (11) [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (Bandai Namco Games)
20 (09) [PS3] Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Storm 3 (Bandai Namco Games)

http://www.tsutaya.co.jp/rank/game.html

Question for people living in Japan: has Game & Wario been discounted?
On Amazon it has the standard 20% discount, but maybe it has price collapsed at other stores?

Nope, not at all. It's sold R.R.P. at the few stores I've seen, but it's still the same price I bought it for on launch day (~4,300 yen).

The game still sold ~45K at retail, no? It's still the fourth best selling Wii U game @ retail.

Alrus

Nope, not at all. It's sold R.R.P. at the few stores I've seen, but it's still the same price I bought it for on launch day (~4,300 yen).

The game still sold ~45K at retail, no? It's still the fourth best selling Wii U game @ retail.

Fifth, NSMBU, Nintendo Land, MH3U and DQ X are higher. It will probably surpass DQ X by the end of its run though.

vareon

So we get SMT IV numbers this week, and there are some interesting games next month? Good.

I really don't know what I (or Atlus) hope for this EO. It looks like they don't want the series to get stale, though I'm not sure this is enough.

Yeshua

[3DS] Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (18 days) - 180000
[3DS] New Etrian Odyssey (4 days) - 100000
[PS3] Gundam Breaker (4 days) - 80000
[PS3] Atelier Escha & Logy (4 days) - 90000
[PSP+PSV] Toukiden (4 days) - 150000

So we get SMT IV numbers this week, and there are some interesting games next month? Good.

I really don't know what I (or Atlus) hope for this EO. It looks like they don't want the series to get stale, though I'm not sure this is enough.

There were no signs that the series was getting stale to the public though, with the way EOIV sold, so basically, they can afford to try this out and if it doesn't work out they'll revert back to the old school approach. But I'm sure they kinda expect a bigger (or maybe different) audience for new EO.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Valhalla Knights 3 pushing over 65,000 copies between shipped and download versions.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201305/27033914.html

Well then.

Well, even not counting digital sales, if sellthrough is good enough (75% or more), we can definitely say VH3 had a fantastic debut, given the series (VH2 debuted with 34k). Marvelous is seriously rising between 3DS and Vita, successes after successes.

Foshy

Valhalla Knights 3 pushing over 65,000 copies between shipped and download versions.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201305/27033914.html

Well then.

That's pretty good for the series I guess.

32d7f.png

32d86.png

Spiegel

40-45k debut?

Anyway, nobody cares. But hopefully it pushed some Vitas.

Yes, nobody cares about knowing about sales of new titles.

But don't forget to write a new post cheerleading the small drop/rise for MH3G. I think you missed it this week and people care about that.

Mpl90

40-45k debut?

Anyway, nobody cares. But hopefully it pushed some Vitas.

But don't forget to write a new post cheerleading the small drop/rise for MH3G. I think you missed it this week and people cares about that.

*grabs popcorn*

This fight's gonna be an hella lot of fun, yeah!

Mpl90

Ah, yeah, we finally have our first MH-inspired title on 3DS(watching the trailer): it's One Piece Unlimited World R.

But don't forget to write a new post cheerleading the small drop/rise for MH3G. I think you missed it this week and people care about that.
The drama.

It's not taking Vita or the series anywhere, it's an irrelevant game. This is what I meant, I'm not saying he shouldn't post such things. Geez.

hiska-kun

SMTIV could sell close to 200k, Kamen Rider exceed retailers's expectations, Valhalla Knight 3 best debut ever, RE:Rev sold well during the weekend according to retailers blogs...

Good week indeed.

Mario007

The drama.

It's not taking Vita or the series anywhere, it's an irrelevant game. This is what I meant, I'm not saying he shouldn't post such things. Geez.
It's not taking the series anywhere? The highest debut in the series is not taking the series anywhere? Am I reading that right? Because common sense would suggest that Marvelous will be mighty pleased with it and it means bright future for the series.
Well, even not counting digital sales, if sellthrough is good enough (75% or more), we can definitely say VH3 had a fantastic debut, given the series (VH2 debuted with 34k). Marvelous is seriously rising between 3DS and Vita, successes after successes.
They have been killing on the two handhelds lately. Gotta give 'em props for that. Hopefully they'll continue to have future successes.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I would LOVE for a mainline SMT to do numbers as big as these, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

If it does? I'd gladly eat my foot. Extremely enthusiastically.

The blog has access to first day sales. He guesses a bit for LTD but first week sales should very close since he probably can see growth over weekend for previous Atlus games on 3DS.

zroid

Banned

[3DS] Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (18 days) - 109.900
[3DS] New Etrian Odyssey (4 days) - 55.202
[PS3] Gundam Breaker (4 days) - 160.600
[PS3] Atelier Escha & Logy (4 days) - 82.900
[PSP+PSV] Toukiden (4 days) - 360.640

Dat EO and DKCR lowball

The blog has access to first day sales. He guesses a bit for LTD but first week sales should very close since he probably can see growth over weekend for previous Atlus games on 3DS.

I currently have my big toe in my mouth and am preparing for the rest of the foot.

I was expecting 120,000 at the most. Anything above that is a surprise and fucking awesome.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I've seen that Namco Bandai announced another manga tie-in for 3DS. I don't know the anime, but it is: Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist
Site here: http://makaiouji.channel.or.jp/
It really seems (after the PSP One Piece port and the brand new OP game) that at least NB (but also Level5 with the shift of Little Battlers) is focusing its production (of anime-manga games) on the Nintendo handheld, insn't it?

Sandfox

The fact that SMT is about to open at P3/P4 levels makes me wonder how well a Persona game would open on the 3DS. I'm kinda curious as to how a new Persona game would open in general though tbqh.

Persona 4 opened up at 211,967 so this week could be interesting...

Kyon

Banned
Congrats Valhalla Knights! Didnt expect that

The drama.

Sis stap.

Tell ha the truth

clap.gif

Soriku

The fact that SMT is about to open at P3/P4 levels makes me wonder how well a Persona game would open on the 3DS. I'm kinda curious as to how a new Persona game would open in general though tbqh.

Persona 4 opened up at 211,967 so this week could be interesting...

A Persona 3DS could probably do well for itself. Though if they made a 3DS game I'd want something other than Persona 5.

SMT IV opening to 200k puts it at Persona 4 popularity levels more or less. But once Persona 5 releases, I wonder if it'll do much better than that. The series has probably gotten more popular after P4's release so I definitely think it's probable.

What's the highest FW the SMT franchise has gotten (Persona included).

Persona 4 with 211k

With P4G being one of the best selling Persona games, I think its clear that the series has grown in popularity since Persona 4.

Top Bottom