• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 20, 2015 (May 11 - May 17)

Thoraxes

I wonder what percent of codename buyers purely bought it because of the amiibo oncart FE dlc.
must be massive failure for a IP on it's own
I bought it because it looked awesome, had a good soundtrack, and the gameplay in the demo was really fun. I quite enjoyed my time with Codename S.T.E.A.M.

The first thing I would have done would be to make a much cheaper console, in the range of $100. I would have focused considerably more on social networking, too.

So did the Ouya get released in Japan? Aren't all those microconsoles basically in that space.

AniHawk

You mean exactly how things are now? Or do you mean that consoles will no longer exist after that?

well as things are now in japan, there's a sony handheld, a sony console, a nintendo console, a nintendo handheld, and a microsoft console. next gen will probably be nintendo's console, nintendo's handheld, and sony's console.

and nintendo's console will probably be more of a version of their handheld.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
The first thing I would have done would be to make a much cheaper console, in the range of $100. I would have focused considerably more on social networking, too.

But I can't get very specific, either. One of the points I'm trying to make here is that there is a very important difference between "I don't know how to fix this problem, personally" and "this problem is unfixable / impossible."

I think most of us also would not have figured out the Wii mote, either, and yet Nintendo did, to very considerable success with the exact audience we're talking about. It's possible to come up with ideas that appeal to them, clearly.

That's why I think the successor for the 3DS has a chance if done right. For what it's worth, the 3DS at launch was the exact opposite of what you wanted in the Smartphone era. A premium device with premiumly priced games. Honestly I think something more along the lines of the GBA ($99 on launch, cheaper games, etc.) would have done better in this current market (outside of JP especially, since I'm not sure how much better it could have done in Japan).

Vena

For those who like making Splatoon predictions based on COMG, today will be a treat. :p

That's why I think the successor for the 3DS has a chance if done right. For what it's worth, the 3DS at launch was the exact opposite of what you wanted in the Smartphone era. A premium device with premiumly priced games. Honestly I think something more along the lines of the GBA ($99 on launch, cheaper games, etc.) would have done better in this current market (outside of JP especially, since I'm not sure how much better it could have done in Japan).

The multi-form factor idea for the NX would lead me to believe we won't see that mistake repeated. The lowest will likely be a ~100$ device capable of games, mobile, and interacting with the whole Nintendo Network. The next tier up will be the 200$ device, and then finally the "home" unit.

Scum

For those who like making Splatoon predictions based on COMG, today will be a treat. :p

The multi-form factor idea for the NX would lead me to believe we won't see that mistake repeated. The lowest will likely be a ~100$ device capable of games, mobile, and interacting with the whole Nintendo Network. The next tier up will be the 200$ device, and then finally the "home" unit.

This will be a great time for NintendOS, Iwata.

Aanyway, 1,835 units for Codename STEAM (Famitsu numbers) is the lowest opening ever for a Nintendo title ?
Maybe Odama on GC did worst ?
Outside of the previously mentioned Bit.Generations games my dusty old spreadsheet of Japan sales (no really, it doesn't even have 3DS on it) has the following Nintendo published games (which have known week 1 sales*) did worse:
Ando Kensaku 1000 units
New Play Control! Metroid Prime 2: Echoes 1700 units

So what the fuck was the first one? Some sort of mini game compilation/quiz game where you had to guess the number of google search results for various terms. Here is an overview trailer.

*-Odama for example had no week 1 data but an LTD.

ON the down side, it didn't need to sell more than 16K to be number 1. And Codename STEAM can't even sell 2K.... Maybe IS should make Advance Wars 3. That should sell more than 16K, right?
It should but according to Famitsu numbers Advance Wars: Dual Strike had an opening of 14.3K.

Just seen the previous pages of replies, and for P&Z Mario edition, I'm sure both publishers are happy with the numbers, this game was made for the western market, japanese sales are a bonus.
P&Z Mario edition is doing fine in Germany, bomba in UK and we'll know France in a few days. The €30 price tag being converted to £25 is not helping the UK figure.

Also, sucks to be IS I guess. Maybe there's hope in the international release?
31k NPD. Bomba in UK (but the Amiibo bundles on the Nintendo UK store sold out, if you're going to spend £50 on an FE character amiibo you might as well get a game with it). That is all that is known right now.

I was expecting STEAM to do at least slightly better than it did, since it was Amiibo-compatible and Nintendo pushed that pretty hard in the direct.
Amiibo compatible yes. On a small percentage of hardware (New 3DS) as the IR adapter is MIA (as much as this sounds like a chalkbaord, they have to have it out by the time Animal Crossing feng shui is out). Also happens to be only compatible with some of the rarest Amiibo. Taking the venn diagram for only interested in game due to Amiibo support those factors are reducing the pool significantly.

duckroll

Uh, didn't know that. Nice to discover that my favorite SMT wasn't even developed by Atlus :p

Keep in mind that for some of these games (EO and SMT SJ in particular) were completely designed by Atlus. The development that's outsourced is the programming. In the case of SJ, they were probably using the same tech as the early EO games on DS, so it made sense to use the same developer. When EO jumped onto the 3DS, it became completely internal. Just like SMTIV did.

Jesus, what a pathetic weak. 15k for FFXHD is really bad, especially since it was the top selling game.
I still have hope though because of March.

09./07. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥4.937) - 3.648 / 2.622.489 (-57%)
13./10. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5) {2014.12.13} (¥4.968) - 2.723 / 2.606.206 (-56%)
Curious if this is going to be a trend.

Hellraider

Nintendo should have made a light-hearted, anime as fuck advance wars. Hell, maybe add waifus to it, it worked pretty well for Fire Emblem (among other things of course).

Codename Steam feels a lot like a bad attempt to please the American market by people that have no idea what america is like and likes.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Beyond some billionaire with an irrational passion for Japanese game just... kickstarting the whole console space tons of free dev cash, I'm not sure what future most of Japan's traditional games dev market has.

Like Kickstarters are only ever going to reward the old generation of "names", with almost 0 opportunity for new players to step up.

I once liked to think VR would be like some second renaissance console market gold rush, but the established teams with tech ready to go dwindle by the month. Depressing.

Could Nintendo just turn the virtual console into a monthly subscription based service with the option to purchase? Like Netflix but with more Mario.

It's also interesting that the US and Europe is a much healthier console market.
I have to ask, and I have no basis for this speculation, but is this because the West's use of and push for consoles as more of a "media box" item? The non-game focus of consoles is much maligned in some of the more "hardcore" or "traditional" circles, but maybe that helps their viability in the living room. The PS4 (and the PS3 before that) is a popular device in my house because of all the things it does. Amazon Prime, Netflix, sports streaming, Crunchyroll, Spotify and yes video games. I'm probably completely off base, but it just came to mind.

I have to ask, and I have no basis for this speculation, but is this because the West's use of and push for consoles as more of a "media box" item? The non-game focus of consoles is much maligned in some of the more "hardcore" or "traditional" circles, but maybe that helps their viability in the living room. The PS4 (and the PS3 before that) is a popular device in my house because of all the things it does. Amazon Prime, Netflix, sports streaming, Crunchyroll, Spotify and yes video games. I'm probably completely off base, but it just came to mind.

Cell phones as a status symbol and central device to peoples' lives is a much more recent phenomenon in the west than in Japan (which for many years either led the world or nearly so in cellphone uptake). There's also simple demographics: Both the U.S. and Europe have far more people living in them than Japan, which remains true even if you only counted the large countries like the U.K., Spain, France, and Germany in Europe's totals.

The numbers aren't getting any better for Japan either, they're a shrinking population and have been for some time so there are fewer children to replace people who drop the habit in adulthood (an easy thing to do when they also work the most hours of any wealthy country).

Usobuko

Banned
I think it's fine to argue that the console market can't be as big but many of the serious issues are unique to Japan. Ubisoft, EA, Activision and Take 2 aren't winding down their console business to go all in on smartphones, for example, even though they are making those games. It's also interesting that the US and Europe is a much healthier console market.

Well, it takes just one hit game of PuzuDora scale get your company to be worth as much ( stock valuation ) as these big corporations, EA / Activision aside.

I feel like we've had this discussion before, but I'm going to disagree and say that, while I think things could have been done and probably still can be done to mitigate to some unknown extent the decline that's come from mobile disruption, such disruption would have still occurred and the impact would still be essentially as severe. It probably would have been more prudent for the current players to cannibalise themselves before others did, so on that point there's a grave failing.

A $100 box or portable box is likely a $100 too much in the world of convergent devices which offer acceptable or superior performance on order-qualifying and -winning dimensions for certain customer segments. Even a more connected experience with more appealing content. In areas of real value for these consumers, namely accessibility in all myriad manner of the word, mobile is the basically a logical progression. Cheap became free, fast became instant, convenient became in-pocket, motion became one-touch, some appealing software became millions of apps.

I mean we can look at other disrupted industries and ask the same thing, what could have been done to prevent the migration of customer bases. How practical would any such action be?
A cheaper digital camera?
A cheaper BluRay player?
A cheaper PDA?
Cheaper physical books?

EDIT: I should probably also note, we're engaging in this exercise with the massive benefit of hindsight as well.

Fdkn

I don't get the 100$ box theory either... by that logic we just needed to keep playing the ps2 forever.

3DS - 16,010 (this is the worst result for this year and globally the 3rd worst week ever, just before price drop there were lower results)

PSV - 11,335 (same here, but PSV below 12k already happened on week 6 and generally it's the worst result since w4 Nov.2014)

PS4 - 10,945 (worst week in 2015 and lowest result since W2 Nov.2014)

WiiU - 6,698 (despite the negative trend since XCX release, it's still better than all the weeks in March and April, last time with a better result (excluding the previous 2 weeks obviously) was w1 Feb.2015)

XBO - 155 (approaching for two digits sales)

(Famitsu numbers)

It seems like it is not just the video game industry, household spending is down big time in general. 2 days old nikkei article:

May 19, 2015 9:50 pm JST
Japanese household spending falls at fastest pace in FY2014

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- Japanese household spending in the year ended March was down 5.0 percent from a year earlier, falling at the fastest pace on record amid price rises following the consumption tax hike in April 2014, the government said Tuesday.

The drop in spending in fiscal 2014 to a nationwide household average of 248,929 yen was the largest decline since comparable data became available in fiscal 2001 ended March 2002, beating the previous record fall of 2.6 percent in fiscal 2008, when the economy was hit hard by the global recession.

With Japan's consumer spending remaining sluggish in the aftermath of the 3-percentage-point tax increase to 8 percent, the decline, the first in three years, also came as a weaker yen lifted the prices of imported goods, while the country's monthly average inflation-adjusted wages continued to drop in the last fiscal year

http://asia.nikkei.com/Japan-Update/Japanese-household-spending-falls-at-fastest-pace-in-FY2014

The consumer tax hike hit domestic spending big time. With the government planing to rise the tax even more to 10% next year, I assume things are only going to get worse from now on.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Any thoughts on the Splatoon & Ika Musume collab? http://gonintendo.com/stories/23386...ustration-collaboration-in-the-works#comments

I find it interesting that Nintendo has probably just released one of their worst performing new IPs w/ Codename Steam, and hopefully a much better performing new IP with Splatoon at very similar times.

Also it seems like the Wii U (at least according to Media Create) has avoided dipping below 6K this year thus far. The Wii U last year had done so for a couple of weeks. It's still down YoY though, but honestly the difference last week (Week 19) was the lowest since Week 1.

YoY Difference (2015 vs. 2014) - Week 2 - Down 24457 vs. Week 19 - 24117.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
It seems like it is not just the video game industry, household spending is down big time in general. 2 days old nikkei article:

http://asia.nikkei.com/Japan-Update/Japanese-household-spending-falls-at-fastest-pace-in-FY2014

The consumer tax hike hit domestic spending big time. With the government planing to rise the tax even more to 10% next year, I assume things are only going to get worse from now on.

The 2nd tax hike is planned in 2017, minor correction.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/27/us-japan-economy-abe-idUSKBN0LV09U20150227

Japan ain't doing so swell.

DrLazy

I feel like we've had this discussion before, but I'm going to disagree and say that, while I think things could have been done and probably still can be done to mitigate to some unknown extent the decline that's come from mobile disruption, such disruption would have still occurred and the impact would still be essentially as severe. It probably would have been more prudent for the current players to cannibalise themselves before others did, so on that point there's a grave failing.

A $100 box or portable box is likely a $100 too much in the world of convergent devices which offer acceptable or superior performance on order-qualifying and -winning dimensions for certain customer segments. Even a more connected experience with more appealing content. In areas of real value for these consumers, namely accessibility in all myriad manner of the word, mobile is the basically a logical progression. Cheap became free, fast became instant, convenient became in-pocket, motion became one-touch, some appealing software became millions of apps.

I mean we can look at other disrupted industries and ask the same thing, what could have been done to prevent the migration of customer bases. How practical would any such action be?
A cheaper digital camera?
A cheaper BluRay player?
A cheaper PDA?
Cheaper physical books?

EDIT: I should probably also note, we're engaging in this exercise with the massive benefit of hindsight as well.

I agree mostly. Its definetly a classic disruptive innovation.

My thought on the $100 box is that you could take the Apple model and release annual updates. The boxes would have the same Nintendo operating system. Newer games may be limited to the latest boxes, it would all be developer controlled.

This would be a direct competitor to Roku / Tivo. I still think game consoles have a big advantage in that convergence box market.

Any thoughts on the Splatoon & Ika Musume collab? http://gonintendo.com/stories/23386...ustration-collaboration-in-the-works#comments

I find it interesting that Nintendo has probably just released one of their worst performing new IPs w/ Codename Steam, and hopefully a much better performing new IP with Splatoon at very similar times.

Also it seems like the Wii U (at least according to Media Create) has avoided dipping below 6K this year thus far. The Wii U last year had done so for a couple of weeks. It's still down YoY though, but honestly the difference last week (Week 19) was the lowest since Week 1.

YoY Difference (2015 vs. 2014) - Week 2 - Down 24457 vs. Week 19 - 24117.

lol

the XCX minibump is over, and it's already back to being down YoY, and it's probably going to get worse from here (even the US YoY monthly streak is dead!)

hiska-kun

This week's releases {2015.05.21}
1BD40B4B-F52E-4B65-9A2F-E92AF4843930_zpsoc8xhvpz.jpg

[PS4] [XB1] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt <RPG> (Spike Chunsoft) (¥8.856) (Sold out = &#21697;&#20999;&#12428;&#20013;)

[PSV] Lovely x Cation 1 & 2 <Lovely x Cation Lovely x Cation 2> # <ADV> (5pb.) (¥7.344)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Comgnet retail store chain: preorders stats / comparisons, as of May 21st, 2015.

[WiiU] Pikmin 3 - 57pt*
[WiiU] Super Mario 3D World - 35pt*
[WiiU] Mario Kart 8 - 195pt
[WiiU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - 166pt + 32pt = 198pt
[WiiU] Splatoon - 81pt

[3DS] Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai - 156pt + 32pt = 188pt*
[PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f - 143pt*
[PS3] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F - 149pt*
[3DS] Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 - 72pt + 65pt= 137pt*
[PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd - 128pt
[PS3] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd - 83pt
[3DS] Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Deluxe - 78pt

[PS4] The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt - 63pt

[3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission - 82pt*
[3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 - 71pt
[3DS] Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden - 36pt

[3DS] Stella Glow - 18pt

[3DS] Harvest Moon: The Land of Origin - 26pt*
[3DS] Harvest Moon: Linking The New World - 32pt
[3DS] Popolocrois: Harvest Moon - 18pt

* = Comg preorder pts from 2012/2013
** = Comg preorder pts up to 2010/2011

Note: Comgnet's ratio between actual sales and pts has grown overall in the past year / years, and older preorder points are not as reliable for comparisons as most recent ones, especially if they are from years and years ago

hiska-kun

I don't know why retailers keep under shipping western games. Dying Light had stock problems since launch and was finally restocked this week's thread.
Next is The Witcher 3.

Shengar

Shit that number is depressing. Top selling game at 16k?
I don't know why retailers keep under shipping western games. Dying Light had stock problems since launch and was finally restocked this week's thread.
Next is The Witcher 3.

Maybe they thought western still doesn't sell there. I wonder though, does GTAV had any stock problem when released?

hiska-kun

Maybe they thought western still doesn't sell there. I wonder though, does GTAV had any stock problem when released?

It happening all the time. Every western launch is under shipped. It's not the second, the third time. We lost count already.
Still they undership again.

Dengeki Sales: Week 20, 2015 (May 11 - May 17)

01./01. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition (Gung Ho Online Entertainment) {2015.04.29} - 16.463 / 241.888 (-65%)
02./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster (Square Enix) {2015.05.14} - 16.283 / NEW <55%>
03./03. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} - 10.385 / 165.956 (-40%)
04./02. [3DS] Style Savvy 3: Kira Kira Code (Nintendo) {2015.04.16} - 7.844 / 138.861 (-64%)
05./00. [PS4] Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2015.05.14} - 5.345 / NEW
06./05. [3DS] Bravely Second: End Layer (Square Enix) {2015.04.23} - 4.759 / 133.804 (-54%)
07./08. [WiiU] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} - 4.429 / 970.099 (-43%)
08./04. [WiiU] Xenoblade Chronicles X  (Nintendo) {2015.04.29} - 4.381 / 103.587 (-67%)
09./12. [PS4] Dying Light (Warner Entertainment Japan) {2015.04.16} - 3.633 / 51.358 (-19%)
10./07. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi (Level 5) {2014.12.13} - 3.444 / 2.640.874 (-57%)
11./06. [WiiU] Mario Party 10 (Nintendo) {2015.03.12} - 2.972 / 146.167 (-74%)
12./09. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo) {2014.09.13} - 2.533 / 2.237.856 (-65%)
13./26. [PS4] Tropico 5 (Square Enix) {2015.04.23} - 2.094 / 16.444 (-35%)
14./19. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Namco Bandai Entertainment) {2015.03.26} - 2.085 / 143.330 (-42%)
15./15. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) {2012.11.08} - 2.035 / 3.846.980 (-49%)
16./21. [PSV] Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Namco Bandai Entertainment) {2015.03.26} - 1.911 / 184.422 (-46%)
17./14. [WiiU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo) {2014.12.06} - 1.894 / 648.539 (-53%)
18./10. [Wii] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online (Square Enix) {2015.04.30} - 1.861 / 87.138 (-65%)
19./22. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2015 (Konami) {2015.03.26} - 1.850 / 93.135 (-46%)
20./00. [3DS] Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (Nintendo) {2015.05.14} - 1.827 / NEW
21./30. [PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Namco Bandai Entertainment) {2015.03.12} - 1.811 / 135.642 (-37%)
22./11. [WiiU] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online (Square Enix) {2015.04.30} - 1.694 / 96.553 (-68%)
23./16. [3DS] Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (Pokemon) {2014.11.21} - 1.644 / 1.484.415 (-57%)
24./31. [3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles (Nintendo) {2015.04.02} - 1.628 / 74.693 (-42%)
25./27. [PSV] Pro Baseball Spirits 2015 (Konami) {2015.03.26} - 1.617 / 70.030 (-47%)
26./29. [PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Namco Bandai Entertainment) {2015.03.26} - 1.533 / 86.511 (-47%)
27./53. [PSV] God Eater 2: Rage Burst (Namco Bandai Entertainment) {2015.02.19} - 1.506 / 321.356
28./28. [PS4] Bloodborne (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.26} - 1.489 / 200.208 (-49%)
29./24. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} - 1.459 / 2.401.748 (-56%)
30./13. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora Mask 3D (Nintendo) {2015.02.14} - 1.444 / 437.009 (-64%)
31./17. [3DS] LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins  (Nintendo) {2015.03.05} - 1.417 / 47.620 (-61%)
32./39. [PS4] Battlefield: Hardline (Electronic Arts) {2015.03.19} - 1.411 / 109.433 (-37%)
33./33. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4G (Capcom) {2014.10.11} - 1.411 / 2.552.713 (-47%)
34./38. [PSV] To Heart2: Dungeon Travelers (Aqua Plus) {2015.04.30} - 1.400 / 14.022 (-39%)
35./35. [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Capcom) {2015.03.19} - 1.358 / 117.166 (-48%)
36./32. [PSV] New Tokyo Legacy: Operation Babel (5pb.) {2015.04.30} - 1.353 / 12.555 (-50%)
37./18. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby (Pokemon) {2014.11.21} - 1.289 / 1.293.558 (-64%)
38./40. [PS3] Dragon Ball XenoVerse  (Namco Bandai Entertainment) {2015.02.05} - 1.225 / 108.606 (-45%)
39./20. [3DS] Future Card Buddy Fight: Yuujou no Jounetsu Fight! (FuRyu) {2015.04.16} - 1.189 / 37.948 (-67%)
40./59. [PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (Square Enix) {2015.03.19} - 1.144 / 119.196
41./68. [3DS] Dragon Quest VII: Fighters of Eden [Ultimate Hits] (Square Enix) {2015.04.16} - 1.106 / 7.737
42./37. [PS3] Yakuza 0 (Sega) {2015.03.12} - 1.075 / 219.746 (-56%)
43./41. [PS3] Battlefield: Hardline (Electronic Arts) {2015.03.19} - 1.053 / 58.136 (-51%)
44./51. [3DS] Theatrhythm Dragon Quest (Square Enix) {2015.03.26} - 1.050 / 97.712
45./47. [PS4] Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (From Software) {2015.04.09} - 1.044 / 31.764 (-43%)
46./65. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Games) {2014.12.11} - 1.044 / 172.248
47./71. [3DS] Dragon Quest X Online (Square Enix) {2014.09.04} - 1.033 / 153.041
48./43. [PS3] Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Namco Bandai Entertainment) {2015.03.26} - 1.017 / 78.946 (-48%)
49./44. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 2025.1: The Shadow of New Despair  (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} - 994 / 38.982 (-48%)
50./69. [PSV] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Tengoku-Hen (Namco Bandai Entertainment) {2015.04.02} - 967 / 137.461

TOP50

3DS 18
PS4 10
Vita 9
PS3 7
WiiU 5
Wii 1

SOFTWARE

Code:
------------------------------------------------------
| Model | This Week | Week (%) |  FY 2015  | FY (%)  |
| 3DS   | 85.415    | 38.50%   | 1.317.543 | 39.00%  |
| PS4   | 43.025    | 19.40%   | 469.740   | 13.90%  |
| Vita  | 39.009    | 17.60%   | 620.633   | 18.40%  |
| PS3   | 29.260    | 13.20%   | 545.844   | 16.20%  |
| Wii U | 21.965    | 9.90%    | 384.784   | 11.40%  |
| PSP   | 2.667     | 1.20%    | 31.233    | 0.90%   |
| XB1   | 652       | 0.30%    | 6.970     | 0.20%   |
| Total | 221.993   | 100.00%  | 3.376.747 | 100.00% |

HARDWARE

Code:
----------------------------------------------------
| Model | This Week | Week (%) | FY 2015 | FY (%)  |
| 3DS   | 15.930    | 33.10%   | 174.464 | 35.20%  |
| PS4   | 13.227    | 27.50%   | 127.751 | 25.80%  |
| Vita  | 9.866     | 20.50%   | 101.403 | 20.50%  |
| Wii U | 6.412     | 13.30%   | 62.283  | 12.60%  |
| PS3   | 2.493     | 5.20%    | 27.691  | 5.60%   |
| XB1   | 232       | 0.50%    | 1.599   | 0.30%   |
| Total | 48.160    | 100.00%  | 495.191 | 100.00% |

*FY 2015 refers to the period from March 30, 2015 through March 31, 2016

Dengeki Sales: Week 19, 2015 (May 4 - May 10)

Dengeki Sales Archive
2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

duckroll

Next is The Witcher 3.

How many of these retailers also carry import versions of the same games, out of curiosity. I wonder if that's a factor.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
How many of these retailers also carry import versions of the same games, out of curiosity. I wonder if that's a factor.

The major retailers like Yodobashi, Sofmap, Bic Camera, Yamada etc dont carry import titles and other places are smaller shops if they have not gone under. D:

HGH

Banned
I wonder how many companies will even show up at TGS.
No worries though guys. IdeaFactory will definitely save the industry!

Top Bottom