• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 21, 2014 (May 19 - May 25)

hiska-kun

First I went to Akihabara, then I came back to Ikebukuro, cause I live in Zoshigaya :)

Did you see someone buying Wii U while you were at Bic Camera ?

I was living in higashi ikebukuro (the street behind this bic camera lol). But i moved to a cheaper place. Now i'm living in takinogawa. 3 minutes from ikebukuro using saikyou line.
It's so close that i still feel i'm living there.

I didn't saw people buying wii u. But at least the shop is promoting the bundles. We'll see if this works.

KtSlime

I cant see why many people would buy a PS4, or whatever gaming system it might be, early on if they have very little interest in the current offerings on the system. Makes little sense to me at least. Have anyone here done it for example? Why not just wait until the game(s) that they are interested it before they buy it instead? In that case, maybe even a price drop has happened. Even if someone buys into the hype, it means that there is excitement there to begin with, which is most likely related to the games. That excitement can of course go down after a while, but there is still a reason for that initial hype/excitement.

I bought both the PS2 and PS3 at their launches because my old hardware was getting warn out and I could play the games I was playing and add a 'next gen' or two to the mix. PS4 obviously does not have this feature.

Guess who put out a new 3DS game:

http://www.noise-games.com/

Noise (Custom Robo) were behind that Kumamon puzzle game, and here I was just asking why they Rocket didn't have them make a Medabots game. MAYBE they could be behind Medabots 8, but if the game is close enough to Medabots 7, then I would assume Delta Arts is on it alongside Tenkai Knights.

Edit: For those curious, I like reporting when a Japanese dev puts out something when their output is minimal, or when a dev of a game is unearthed usually due to the dev having the game on their site when the game itself has no mention at all, even in the credits (if there's even any).

And I post them here just because it's a JP dev/JP game, not sure of a better place and it's not new thread worthy unless it's a big deal (like a big game).

Hope that's fine.

Takao

Banned
Rocket owns 39% of Delta-Arts, so unless they can no longer make RPGs, I imagine Medarot will stay with them.

Rocket owns 39% of Delta-Arts, so unless they can no longer make RPGs, I imagine Medarot will stay with them.

It's funny that they're behind Tenkai Knights 3DS (which is by Bandai Namco), did they not exclusively work with Rocket prior?

Also Jupiter did Medabots Dual.

Takao

Banned
Tenkai Knights would be the first non-Rocket game that they've publicly developed. Delta-Arts haven't updated their site since 2010, so I don't know what stuff they've been involved in since then (outside of Medarot 7).

sphinx

the piano man
sorry for the bump and the off-topicness but I don't want to open a thread just to ask.

is this pic a thing? Apparently SE is releasing Dragon Quest X: All-in-one package for Wii, WiiU and PC....but the news came from a mexican videogame site and I haven't seen it posted anywhere on GAF so....

dragon-quest-x-waking-of-the-five-tribes-pc-wii-wii-u_229882_pp.jpg

He's on your turf, you have to battle now. See who can take the most photos without getting thrown out.

Ahahahaha, no, no, don't worry, I just took pictures cause MK8 release day

but in Yodobashi cashiers were looking at me cause I moved there around and around for a 15 minutes just looking what people were buying, and I don't want to take pictures with someone in it

hiska-kun should not be worried :)

probably next time I will go to Akiba for taking pictures might be for Youkai Watch 2 launch day

Road

I thought people would be F5ing the blog? Nobody cares about this moribund market anymore.

First day sellthrough

MK8 50~60% - Maybe it will sell 400k first week.
Gundam 50%
Arcana Heart 3 ??
Noire 60%

L~A

sorry for the bump and the off-topicness but I don't want to open a thread just to ask.

is this pic a thing? Apparently SE is releasing Dragon Quest X: All-in-one package for Wii, WiiU and PC....but the news came from a mexican videogame site and I haven't seen it posted anywhere on GAF so....

It's legit, Square-Enix announced that earlier this week (don't have a link at the moment). It includes the expansion released last year (as well as all updates since the game launch I guess).

I thought people would be F5ing the blog? Nobody cares about this moribund market anymore.

First day sellthrough

Gundam 50%
Arcana Heart 3 ??
Noire 60%

Speculation from you or the blog said that?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

First day sellthrough

Gundam 50%
Arcana Heart 3 ??
Noire 60%

Sounds about right, 350-400k is what i would expect from MK8.

test_account

XP-39C²
I bought both the PS2 and PS3 at their launches because my old hardware was getting warn out and I could play the games I was playing and add a 'next gen' or two to the mix. PS4 obviously does not have this feature.
That is a fair reason i think. Yeah, the PS4 doesnt have this feature indeed, but even if it did, i think there would be a very small group (compared to how many that buys a PS4) that would buy it at launch only to play older games on it.

http://www.nintenderos.com/wp-conte...of-the-five-tribes-pc-wii-wii-u_229882_pp.jpg
I saw it posted earlier somewhere on NeoGAF (cant remember exactly where), so its probably real.

EDIT: Already mentioned =)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
So, probably a good sw opening for MK8, even very good, but almost non-existent bump for Wii U hw numbers? as for MKWii back in the days, lower bump than Pikmin3?

cacildo

First day sellthrough

Gundam 50%
Arcana Heart 3 ??
Noire 60%

Do we have the shipment numbers?

Where is the "but no hardware bumb" info coming from?

L~A

First day sellthrough

Gundam 50%
Arcana Heart 3 ??
Noire 60%

Pretty good numbers for Mario Kart 8, especially with Nintendo usually overshipping its games. Not sure it'll reach 400k first week. That'd be wonderful, but I'm still betting on ~200/300k.

The blog said could reach 400k.

Gamesmaya said there was a bumb for hardware yesterday.

Weird... Guess people simply didn't buy their consoles at Bic Camera :p
I knew there'd be some sort of bump, since people started buying some Wii U last week. Guess sales will increase even more during the week-end.

Ty4on

Of course there was a hardware bump. Does people seriously think the WiiU will sell sub 10k (or a bump to whopping 15k) the week MK8 is launched? :p
HW sales for WiiU grew by 34% this week (the week before MK8) while all other HW sales grew by just 3% without a single WiiU game in the top 20 sans bundles.

RalchAC

Pretty good numbers for Mario Kart 8, especially with Nintendo usually overshipping its games. Not sure it'll reach 400k first week. That'd be wonderful, but I'm still betting on ~200/300k.

I'm with you in that. I think Mario Kart is going to definitely do a lot for the WiiU, but I don't think sales will be that front loaded.

We'll see in a few days :)

prag16

Banned
Of course there was a hardware bump. Does people seriously think the WiiU will sell sub 10k (or a bump to whopping 15k) the week MK8 is launched? :p
HW sales for WiiU grew by 34% this week (the week before MK8) while all other HW sales grew by just 3% without a single WiiU game in the top 20 sans bundles.
I still say 15k would be disastrously bad. I said 35k earlier in the thread. Might be a tad high, hut I think that's more reasonable than 10-15k.

400k sounds like a lot to ask for software. 250k minimum, hopefully over 300k maybe?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
21./11. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes <ADV> (Konami) {2014.03.20} (¥2.980)
22./16. [WIU] Super Mario 3D World <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.11.21} (¥5.985)
23./17. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons Z <RPG> (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2013.12.12} (¥4.400)
24./18. [3DS] Attack on Titan: The Last Wings of Mankind <ACT> (Spike Chunsoft) {2013.12.05} (¥6.090)
25./27. [3DS] Tomodachi Life # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2013.04.18} (¥4.800)
26./21. [3DS] Fossil Fighters: Infinite Gear <RPG> (Nintendo) {2014.02.27} (¥4.800)
27./43. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl <FTG> (Nintendo) {2008.01.31} (¥6.800)
28./22. [3DS] Harvest Moon: Linking the New World <SLG> (Marvelous AQL) {2014.02.27} (¥5.040)
29./23. [WIU] Famicom Remix 1+2 <ETC> (Nintendo) {2014.04.24} (¥3.086)
30./28. [PS4] Battlefield 4 <ACT> (Electronic Arts) {2014.02.22} (¥7.665)
31./37. [PSV] Terraria <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2014.02.06} (¥2.980)
32./42. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.07.28} (¥4.800)
33./30. [3DS] Hero Bank <RPG> (Sega) {2014.03.20} (¥5.550)
34./25. [WIU] Just Dance Wii U <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.04.03} (¥6.156)
35./35. [3DS] Crayon Shin-Chan: Arashi o Yobu Kasukabe Eiga Stars! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.04.10} (¥5.119)
36./26. [PSV] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-Hen <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.04.10} (¥7.689)
37./36. [PSP] Pro Baseball Spirits 2014 <SPT> (Konami) {2014.03.20} (¥3.980)
38./34. [PS4] Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Real Reborn # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2014.04.14} (¥3.394)
39./29. [3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 1-2-3 - Naruhodo Selection # <ADV> (Capcom) {2014.04.17} (¥4.309)
40./00. [PS3] The Last of Us <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2013.06.20} (¥5.980)
41./00. [PS3] Battlefield 4 <ACT> (Electronic Arts) {2013.11.07} (¥7.665)
42./33. [PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd <ACT> (Sega) {2014.03.27} (¥7.350)
43./45. [WIU] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.02.13} (¥5.985)
44./40. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru to Ruka no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2014.02.06} (¥5.490)
45./38. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2014 <SPT> (Konami) {2014.03.20} (¥7.600)
46./50. [3DS] Aikatsu! Futari no My Princess <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.11.21} (¥5.480)
47./46. [PSV] Samurai Warriors 4 <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2014.03.20} (¥7.140)
48./49. [PSV] J-Stars Victory Vs # <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.03.19} (¥6.980)
49./48. [PSV] Soul Sacrifice &#916; <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2014.03.06} (¥4.980)
50./41. [PS4] Child of Light <RPG> (Ubisoft) {2014.05.01} (¥2.138)

Top 50

3DS - 21
PSV - 10
PS3 - 8
PS4 - 4
WIU - 4
PSP - 2
WII - 1

SOFTWARE
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |    390.000 |    380.000 |    844.000 | 15.876.000 | 18.647.000 |

hiska-kun

This thread without anecdotal evidence is boring. Let's add some hype!!

This photo was taken yesterday in Ikebukuro Bic Camera:

FDC8E017-8762-43DA-8A4E-1D5681141FA2_zpsuzvfdnhj.jpg

Check the right side. Down there, you can see the different bundles for Wii U. Black and White colors, including Mario and Wii Party, and including also Wii Fit.

That's a photo i took today, just one hour and a half ago. Can you see?

9775D206-BDC8-41D4-8703-F0B2C5FEC484_zpsbnl8rdyd.jpg

The bundles are disappearing...

Wii U +80k confirmed
joking

Let's begin the hype. :p

L~A

I love how this retailer just put everything in regular game cases... lots of them do that in Japan, I believe.

Anyway, it's a good sign I guess. It's proof SOME people are buying a Wii U, as opposed to yesterday 'nope, just the game'.

Hindl

I'm expecting roughly 25K for Wii U, which isn't great, but Mario Kart has always been about legs. I'd much rather MK bump Wii U's baseline up for weeks to come than frontload everything and get 80-100K this week then back to low numbers in a few weeks again. Keeping expectations tempered

KiTA

I saw this mentioned a few times a few days ago when they had the DQXTV talking about the 2.2 update. Not sure if it's going to be something that comes out alongside 2.2, or what exactly.

Some of the Western fans are hoping maybe that might be a hint towards a US release, since the chances of us getting a special server with 1.0 content and then 2.0's update later is even less likely than us getting it at all. In addition, the "pay for FF14 on PC, then pay again for PS3" thing didn't sit well with the Western market.

hiska-kun

I've just bought this week's Famitsu and it has digital sales for april. But i can't use the computer now (i'm using the smartphone), i'll try to translate tomorrow if i have time.

For the moment a preview.
Best selling digital game is Pokemon Battle Rose with 63k (+9k retail). Super Robot Taisen for Vita 15k and Sword Art Online 13k next.

It seems free downloads are not included because Final Fantasy XIV have 8k digital sales (Total retail+digital: 51k)
Youkai Watch 6k and Animal Crossing 2k.
So the Nintendo free game campaign is not included.

L~A

I've just bought this week's Famitsu and it has digital sales for april. But i can't use the computer now (i'm using the smartphone), i'll try to translate tomorrow if i have time.

Best selling digital game is Pokemon Battle Rose with 63k (+9k retail). Super Robot Taisen for Vita 15k and Sword Art Online 13k next.

It seems free downloads are not included because Final Fantasy XIV have 8k digital sales (Total retail+digital: 51k)

Makes sense for them not to include the Nintendo promotion. Really annoying to have the eShop charts parasited by free stuff from promotions, hard to get a clear picture of the eShop best-sellers.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

I would be pretty surprised if the initial shipment was any less than 400K. And given the first day sell through I think 300K+ is pretty much guaranteed.

Spiegel

Super Robot Wars Z3 Vita sold pretty well overall then.

I'm guessing this result must have surprised Bandai, considering the other SRW game (OG) had low sales compared to the PS3 release and the new SRW OG is only getting released on PS3.

extralite

I saw this mentioned a few times a few days ago when they had the DQXTV talking about the 2.2 update. Not sure if it's going to be something that comes out alongside 2.2, or what exactly.

You know, there is a date in that pic. The All in One Package is due August the 7th, the 2.2 update comes 5th of June.

I think this could do quite decently, both with people upgrading and new customers. Wii owners keep complaining about not being able to see the monsters they're hunting (and even the ones they're currently fighting) in crowded areas, they have reason to upgrade. That's around 130k active users still on Wii.

Given the improving software situation on Wii U and the untapped 3 million+ other DQ players, it could do well with new customers as well. And 2.2 introduces dedicated single player content, which should create some positive buzz for the game leading up to the release of the All in One Package.

Road

This magazine also has an article with physical sales for other games: http://cc.bookwalker.jp/sampleImage_851907.jpg (you can see Tomb Raider and Digimon in the picture).

If you can, please, look for it and see if it has sales for other games as well as the date of the sales (usually placed at the bottom of the pages).

Thanks.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I would be pretty surprised if the initial shipment was any less than 400K. And given the first day sell through I think 300K+ is pretty much guaranteed.

The blog hasn't only seelthrough but also the sales. He can see trends of previous Mario Karts after first day and that 400K "prediction" isn't so much a prediction but a close to reality estimate. He has not been wrong with these estimates before he won't be wrong now. It's funny we still discuss this. The only question right now is how big the bump for Wii U will be.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
new releases {2014.06.05}

[3DS] Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth # <RPG> (Atlus) (¥7.538)
[3DS] Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth [Velvet Database Model] <RPG> (Atlus) (¥27.410)
[3DS] Card Fight!! Vanguard: Lock on Victory!! <TBL> (FuRyu) (¥5.378)

[PSV] Toukiden: The Age of Demons (PlayStation Vita the Best) <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥3.758)

[PSP] Toukiden: The Age of Demons (PSP the Best) <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥3.024)

[PS4] FIFA 14 [PlayStation 4 × FIFA 14 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Limited Pack] <SPT> (Electronic Arts) (¥43.178)
[PS4] FIFA 14 [PlayStation 4 × FIFA 14 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Limited Pack with PlayStation Camera] <SPT> (Electronic Arts) (¥47.498)
[PS4] Wolfenstein: The New Order <ACT> (Bethesda Softworks) (¥8.023)

[PS3] Wolfenstein: The New Order <ACT> (Bethesda Softworks) (¥6.995)
[PS3] Rain <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) (¥2.376)

[360] Wolfenstein: The New Order <ACT> (Bethesda Softworks) (¥6.995)
[360] Tsurugi no Machi no Ihoujin: Shiro no Oukyuu <RPG> (Experience) (¥7.344)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
The blog hasn't only seelthrough but also the sales. He can see trends of previous Mario Karts after first day and that 400K "prediction" isn't so much a prediction but a close to reality estimate. He has not been wrong with these estimates before he won't be wrong now. It's funny we still discuss this. The only question right now is how big the bump for Wii U will be.

I've been thinking around 400K for a few weeks- I just wasn't sure how detailed the blog was in terms of that "prediction".

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

Sorry that I don't have the background, but what blog is this exactly? Is this from a tracker like Media Create/Famitsu? Secondly, is the 400K amount supposed to be for the whole first week or what's already sold in the first day? If MK8 opens at a similar level to MK7, that's a pretty good start right?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

You mean Pokémon Battle: Link!
And...is that last month's only total? I remember it was around...40,000 units combined in its first month, right?

Scum

So MK8 might have a bloody good opening but the hardware bump will be meh. 300k for MK8 and 30k WiiUs then.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So MK8 might have a bloody good opening but the hardware bump will be meh. 300k for MK8 and 30k WiiUs then.

Now it seems the question is whether MK8 can pull up the Wii U's baseline in the longterm or create better software sales for other Wii U titles (which indirectly might result in more games, thus leading to a hopefully better baseline).

sphinx

the piano man
Thanks for the responses regarding my post about DQX

The question is whether MK8 can pull up the Wii U's baseline in the longterm imo. We'll see though.

if MK8 managed to keep the WiU at a steady 15k until Smash, that would be something relevant.

Still dead but a more like in comma

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Sorry that I don't have the background, but what blog is this exactly? Is this from a tracker like Media Create/Famitsu? Secondly, is the 400K amount supposed to be for the whole first week or what's already sold in the first day? If MK8 opens at a similar level to MK7, that's a pretty good start right?

The tracker is unknown but likely Media Create, 400k is the estimate for the week, since almost no one expected it to sell even 1 million a few weeks ago that's a very good start.

Top Bottom