• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 21, 2015 (May 18 - May 24)

Tsutaya's prediction for June:

1. Fire Emblem if White (3DS) [more pre-orders because it's easier than the Dark version]
2. Persona 4 Dancing All Night (Vita)
3. Dragon Ball Z Ultra Ultimate Fighter (3DS)
4. Rhythm Heaven The Best + (3DS)
5. Fire Emblem if Dark (3DS)
6. Final Fantasy 14 (PS3)
7. Fire Emblem if Special Edition (3DS)
8. PoPoLoCrois Harvest Moon (3DS)
9. Final Fantasy 14 (PS4)
10. Girls Mode 3 (3DS)

so Tsutaya expects Minecraft will sell less than Girl's Mode 3

interesting

random25

who will win?

Splatoon or Bloodborne (FW)

Does digital count? Here is Bloodborne's FW retail for reference:

01./00. [PS4] Bloodborne # <RPG> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.26} (¥7.452) - 152.567 / NEW

I'd say Splatoon just a little above it. I'm a bit optimistic about Splatoon's FW :p

When do the new numbers come out?

Kinda curious how the numbers turned out with the stock shortages. Didn't Splatoon essentially sell out of its first shipment on day 2?

hiska-kun

This week is really difficult.

I think we're talking about One

Maybe Wii U

This is almost confirmed is Miku

40000/X
4000 sales? Maybe is Psycho Pass

I missed Splatoon?

-.-

Any idea crinale? XD

L~A

Maybe Wii U

Those sound about right. 17k for Wii U would actually be pretty good (aka. better than I expected).

No idea about the last one... what does the X mean?

hiska-kun

Those sound about right. 17k for Wii U would actually be pretty good (aka. better than I expected).

No idea about the last one... what does the X mean?

I don't know what the X means (ten?, xbox sales? xenoblade?...)
And I don't know what game/hardware is refering to

L~A

Hmm...

Maybe 40000/X actually is 40 000 / 10, so 4000.

Downtown Nekketsu Jidaigeki, maybe? How much did the other Kunio-kun game sell in the past few years? Or maybe it's that Cross Ange game, as mentionned by Kresnik258.

hiska-kun

Hmm...

Maybe 40000/X actually is 40 000 / 10, so 4000.

Downtown Nekketsu Jidaigeki, maybe? How much did the other Kunio-kun game sell in the past few years? Or maybe it's that Cross Ange game, as mentionned by Kresnik258.

I think is Psycho Pass (there's the Katakata &#12497;&#12540;&#12473; on the link). But 4000 seems too high

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Splatoon was almost as popular as Super Smash Bros for Wii U. High demand and sold out across the country.

Wii U hardware sales were almost 3 times higher than last week.

I've read the spoiler, but just to provide some data: Smash debuted on MC with 227k, while last week the Wii U sold 7,6k units for MC.
Would that means that we will see a 200k debut for Splatoon and the Wii U around 20k? I'd say...no. They both will be lower than that, maybe slighlty, but lower in any case.

KooopaKid

Banned
I've read the spoiler, but just to provide some data: Smash debuted on MC with 227k, while last week the Wii U sold 7,6k units for MC.
Would that means that we will see a 200k debut for Splatoon and the Wii U around 20k? I'd say...no. They both will be lower than that, maybe slighlty, but lower in any case.

This is my prediction 200k for Splatoon, 20k for WiiU

Orgen

In Tsutaya's stores. Tsutaya != Japan, you can't extrapolate that (but it could be a good indicator).

mclem

Well, squid have ten limbs, but I can't really see a logical link between Splatoon and 4k based on other things we've heard.

Maybe Wii U

40000/X
4000 sales? Maybe is Psycho Pass

I missed Splatoon?

-.-

Any idea crinale? XD

17K would also be an almost exactly 75% drop for the Witcher 3. Probably less likely than the WiiU, but it was predicted to third and that seems like a plausible number.

Busaiku

after that yellow electric mouse another King is dead...

videogame industry is terrible :'(
09./09. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥4.937) - 4.081 / 2.626.570
16./13. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5) {2014.12.13} (¥4.968) - 2.280 / 2.608.486

Hmm...

Witcher should have a bigger drop than that shouldnt it?

If it were a JRPG probably around 81%or so, but Western games in Japan seem to have generally had somewhat longer legs(see GTA5) it reviewed well, there were shortages, and the high digital attach rate, supposedly 20-30%, speaks of unfulfilled demand. Plus that 92% attach rate.

I think that is probably on the higher end of its likely sales but definitely plausible. Also it is not as if Splatoon is directly competing with it. What else is out right now on the PS4?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
In Tsutaya's stores. Tsutaya != Japan, you can't extrapolate that (but it could be a good indicator).

that's why I've written: "I've read the spoiler, but just to give share some data". I'm not projecting Tsutaya into the entire market, in fact I've stated that I'm not expecting so high numbers, but lower.

So you've bumped it up a bit since your last prediction, I think could be 200k but obviously depends how much it shipped

Well, I have to admit that the early reports are pretty positive, so I think that my prediction could be more in line than my previous one.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
maybe the leaked 145 is 145k for Splatoon, that would mean a 90%+ ST of the first shipment, leaked by the same source.
Maybe we are messing around with shipments/tracking.

Top Bottom