• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 21, 2017 (May 22 - May 28)

We should wait for tomorrow before starting saying "18 millions aren't enough, everyone!". Certainly, this could be the right time to see whether Eurogamer was correct or not. I hope for them they're right; I can't imagine the rage from several fans if it turns out to be a 3DS-only game.

I honestly think it would be the worst selling Pokemon title if it turned out to be 3DS only at this point. It would be a big mistake. It would suffer in the same way Monster Hunter XX did from a combination of fan outrage and being the 4th iteration of a series released on a rather stale piece of hardware.

Looks like Crystal was the worst selling mainline Pokemon at ~1.7 million.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
We should wait for tomorrow before starting saying "18 millions aren't enough, everyone!". Certainly, this could be the right time to see whether Eurogamer was correct or not. I hope for them they're right; I can't imagine the rage from several fans if it turns out to be a 3DS-only game.
I very much expect a pokemon switch announcement tomorrow regardless. Nintendo doesn't seem to be bothering with 3DS only directs and it skipping the skipping would be too glaring an omission and break from the norm.

Geg

Splatoon, Monster Hunter, and possibly Pokemon on the Switch, I don't think Japan can handle this

The optimist in me says that Nintendo expects to have their supply under a little better control by summer. I mean, they've announced bundles for Splatoon and Monster Hunter, I think they're planning to have stock for it.

Splatoon, Monster Hunter, and possibly Pokemon on the Switch, I don't think Japan can handle this

And earlier there was Zelda and Mario Kart + 3D Mario in the fall.

Probably the strongest lineup any system ever had in its first year.

ggx2ac

I still find it hard to believe they are launching Pokémon too this year on Switch. But interesting times nontheless.

Kimishima wanted that first year momentum badly and it's paying off higher than they expected that they ended up with shortages for not preparing adequately.

E-phonk

Banned
Kimishima wanted that first year momentum badly and it's paying off higher than they expected that they ended up with shortages for not preparing adequately.

Yeah. I believe it's stars for switch just because they really really wanted the first year of switch to succeed.

If it is pokemon stars, they had the best year one line-up ever released I think, with some of the biggest game franchises, and for sure the biggest first party lineup ever.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Little Mons†er;239226720 said:
I'm a bit worried about the Swirch 2018 lineup due to the killer 2017 lineup...
They still have fire emblem etc. So.I'm not too worried. First year was always key for getting third party support that they can rely on in later years. Especially as it's not a given.

Zedark

I mean, they have Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros as major titles for 2018 potentially (although AC could be difficult since that is the same team as Splatoon (or am I wrong here?)), so there's plenty of big hitters to launch in 2018. Add to that a new Retro game, and 2018 will be just fine, even if it doesn't quite reach the heights of 2017 from a first party perspective.

Passose

Banned
lots of projects still aren't announced yet, especially Retro's next project and Platinum Games switch game, and don't forget Animal Crossing

Kanann

Me to Nintendo "Start remaster GC+Wii+WiiU titles, godammit!!!"

Seriously
- Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Xenoblade 1 and X
- Baten Kaitos 1 and 0
- Tokyo Mirage Session
- The Last Story
etc.

Oregano

I mean, they have Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros as major titles for 2018 potentially (although AC could be difficult since that is the same team as Splatoon (or am I wrong here?)), so there's plenty of big hitters to launch in 2018. Add to that a new Retro game, and 2018 will be just fine, even if it doesn't quite reach the heights of 2017 from a first party perspective.

Don't forget stuff like Luigi's Mansion 3 and 2D Mario/Mario Maker.

ggx2ac

I'm not, most of their titles releasing this year are evergreen titles so the earlier they release, the better.

Smash at this point is likely Early 2018, so all that leaves is a Mario Maker sequel and Animal Crossing for remaining evergreen titles.

Mory Dunz

Yeah. I believe it's stars for switch just because they really really wanted the first year of switch to succeed.

If it is pokemon stars, they had the best year one line-up ever released I think, with some of the biggest game franchises, and for sure the biggest first party lineup ever.

Maybe the best lineup for any 12 months ever. But I don't feel like doing the research.

Applying the usual caveats before wading too deeply into comgnet, I do wonder if the Splatoon 2 insanity is eating into other Switch software, at least as far as preorders go (again, at least at comgnet). ARMS still very low, MH XX not charting yet. Meanwhile Splatoon 2 adding almost a 100 a week.

We can hope those gamers that buy it just for Splatoon 2 will eventually give some of the other games a try too.

oh man. The Switch shortage is only going to get worse if it's 3rd version pokemon game for Switch. Those lines will only get longer.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Walking around videogames shops in Tokyo last week I'd safely say that Splatoon 2 presence on shops (I wouldn't say "hype", but of course a correlation is there) is comfortably in line with DQXI's one.
I visited many shops in my nerd-tour, from Sofmap to three different Bic Camera and so on: a grand total of 9 stores.
Just anedotical but still...

casiopao

Pikmin 4, Retro New Game, Animal Crossing and probably Next Level Games new game? It should be more than enough to do well plus some third party till E3.^^

maybe the direct is for the new Pokemon x GTA crossover

Pokemon x Nobunaga Greed 2 pleaseeeee.^^

Or just give me Pokemon x Uncharted Water for me only lol.^^

Vena

The franchise is not going to be exclusive to PS4. Clearly.

Well an exclusive title, also twitter/insider seems to effectively confirm this now. So, yes, I am going to go with 4chan leak having been valid in some capacity, months ago now.

Top Bottom