• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 21, 2017 (May 22 - May 28)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Not too bad for a slow week. Ys did pretty decent numbers for a port. Switch continues to sell what they can ship. Not surprised at SFII, but I think they made their money back still. No idea about Guilty Gear.

Gators300

Banned
I think Street Fighter did fine, and Capcom is going to make a good amount of money on it when you factor in other territories. Once it hits $20 it will have a new lease on life as well.

E-phonk

Banned
So, the Switch is sitting at around 125k for May. If they keep roughly the same ratio for their other regions, that means US got around 200k and rotw got 175k. Does 500k seem about right for ww?

That's what they would ship according to their original forecast (before increasing production) I'd say. Big launch month and then 400-600k WW + nov/dec increased shipments.
They are definitely not at their higher production/shipping rate atm.

Zedark

So, the Switch is sitting at around 125k for May. If they keep roughly the same ratio for their other regions, that means US got around 200k and rotw got 175k. Does 500k seem about right for ww?
You can't really say for sure. Last month Japan goes 230k while US got 280k, so there's no consistency to be detected yet.

didn't expect to see Ys so high up as a late port. good stuff.

USFII is going to overtake SFV. that's what i read somewhere on this board.

I think Nintendo will be happy with the current stability of Switch sales, even as the stock issues limit the ceiling of what they can sell. It means demand for the system isn't subsiding below a given level yet.

Margin of error for MHXX 3DS crossing 1.5 million physical next week.

Orgen

Amazed by Nier and Siege's legs. Also Super Mario Maker 3DS, not bad. Let's see what kind of legs does BotW has when there's more Switch stock but also more Switch games like Arms. I'm still not convinced that BotW can reach 1 million LTD (even adding the Wii U version).

If we go by Media Create numbers, this is the second week in a row where Switch shipments increased week-over-week

24,712 --> 26,114 --> 27,146

Gradual improvement, maybe...?

I'd say it is statistical noise.

Zedark

DBKI2gWWAAQq0tM.jpg:large

deleted

Pretty crazy that in the year we get the Switch, the 3DS is up yoy.

And it might even stay that way with the New 2DS XL releasing later this year.

What are the chances of MHXX 3DS crossing, say, 1.7 million (or ~2x launch week) in physical sales before a budget re-release?

Hard to say. On paper MHXX Switch may eat into the long term sales potential, but then, it may also raise the profile of the 3DS version for people who want to play with their friends but don't wanna fork out for a Nintendo Switch.

What's with the slight PS4 bump?

Apparently it was pay day this prior week, hence also 3DS game bumps.

Hard to say. On paper MHXX Switch may eat into the long term sales potential, but then, it may also raise the profile of the 3DS version for people who want to play with their friends but don't wanna fork out for a Nintendo Switch.

Apparently it was pay day this prior week, hence also 3DS game bumps.

Ah that makes sense lol. I've been expecting the PS4 to just fall off a cliff, but she seems to be chugging along lol.

Amazed by Nier and Siege's legs. Also Super Mario Maker 3DS, not bad. Let's see what kind of legs does BotW has when there's more Switch stock but also more Switch games like Arms. I'm still not convinced that BotW can reach 1 million LTD (even adding the Wii U version).

I'd say it is statistical noise.

Its still selling to just under 40% of new owners. If we still had shipments in the 45K range it would be selling 17K/week. With a full holiday left to hit, I still say it hits 1 mil by its 1 year anniversary.

mao2

Shouldn't be surprised by Rev2 since you can just buy an upgrade digitally, but still, disappointing, hoped for 20k.
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator only sold 17,829 copies on PS4 on its first week, and the digital upgrade is 2,000yen.

Waji

Looking at these numbers Falcom should either dev on Switch too or just go back with their games having more identity than just copying the directing/style from Sen/CS

Looking at these numbers Falcom should either dev on Switch too or just go back with their games having more identity than just copying the directing/style from Sen/CS

For shame Japan, ya disappointed on Ys sales.

This is like the highest selling Ys game on consoles in... ever? (Can't remember what the old console ports did back in the day).

Not quite sure what the argument is here. It's doing well, and they've negotiated a day-and-date Steam port for the west.

cheesekao

What exactly were your expectations of a late port of a game that was released about a year ago?

mao2

This is like the highest selling Ys game on consoles in... ever? (Can't remember what the old console ports did back in the day).

Not quite sure what the argument is here. It's doing well, and they've negotiated a day-and-date Steam port for the west.
I guess they missed your post in the first page.
02./00. [PSV] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2016.07.21} (¥6.800) - 43.753 / NEW
01./00. [PS4] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2017.05.25} (¥6.800) - 27.741 / NEW

04./00. [PSV] Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2012.09.27} (¥7.140) - 42.146 / NEW

09./00. [PSP] Ys Seven (Nihon Falcom) - 33,349 / NEW

So did Gears of War 4 fail to chart?. It should have came out May 25th which gives it three days. I can see the Japanese version on Amazon.co.jp. Is this significant or did everyone expect an Xbox game not to chart?.

Top Bottom