• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 21, 2017 (May 22 - May 28)

KtSlime

I understand the business behind price drops, I just don't think $150 by 2019 is feasible. That's cheaper than a 3DS.

Switch having huge potential for peripherals and accessories definitely helps though.

15000 by 2019 is completely unreasonable, and it shouldn't be expected by anyone, with each generation console prices have gone up, and the value of the yen has decreased. I think people would be perfectly fine with it being in the 25000 range by the time Pokemon comes out.

Price before Tax is Y29,980

It exchanges to that yes, but to people who earn money in yen, ~30k yen is not equivalent to 260$.

noshten

So looking at the remaining Switch releases so far for this year I see the 100k+ openings should be
Splatoon 2
Monster Hunter XX
Mario O
PokkenTournament DX?
Fire Emblem Warriors?
Skyrim?
Xenoblade Chronicles 2?
Million sellers by end of 2017 will be MK8D, Splatoon 2, and Zelda????

Minecraft will be the other obvious 1 million seller, SMO and MHXX both have potential to be million sellers as well.

15000 by 2019 is completely unreasonable, and it shouldn't be expected by anyone, with each generation console prices have gone up, and the value of the yen has decreased. I think people would be perfectly fine with it being in the 25000 range by the time Pokemon comes out.

It exchanges to that yes, but to people who earn money in yen, ~30k yen is not equivalent to 260$.

Right now a Shield Tablet with a Shield Controller costs $199. The same device could very well be $99 in a couple of years if Nvidia is still producing them.

Around Y17000 with tax for a dockless Switch it's in no way unreasonable for Holiday 2019.

I don't see Pokken and Skyrim hitting 100K first week. Fire Emblem Warriors isn't a certainty either.
Well the reason why I think Pokken will is the fact for split screen and on a much more favorable platform(plus the fighting genre seems to be building up on Switch with Street Fighter and Arms so that's my prediction).
Skyrim imo is due to the growth of western games in Japan and since it'll be a major peg on the go I predict it but I would not be surprised if I am wrong.
Also since Fire Emblem is a stronger brand in Japan than Zelda and Switch is a successful handheld then that's another reason why.

Turrican3

Wii had nearly a 1st party game a month it's first year. Wii Play, Prime 3, Paper Mario, Pokemon BR, Fire Emblem, Wario Ware, Mario Party, Mario Strikers and a bunch more. It's first 18 months also included Smash, Mario Kart and Wii Fit.
Fair enough.
I guess it's me trying to only concentrate (in good faith, mind you) on so-called major titles, but yes overall that was an impressive first year as well... hey, and let's not forget Excite! :)

L~A

Media Create:

Switch 23,524
PS4 15,854
New3DS LL 12,676
PS4 Pro 5,492
Vita 4,454
2DS 2,904
New3DS 915
PS3 714
Wii U 221
Xbox One 167

Tekken 7 at 58k
Seiken Densetsu Collection at 29k (!)

goldage

Banned
I have no doubt stock shortages will plague nintendo into the next year

only thing is, the announcement of apple and the likes competing for parts came out a bit after the 20m being cited, around the time 16m was cited

so production definitely won't be 10m, hopefully it's around 15m at the least, any less would be disappointing

edit: my bad

boiled goose

good with gravy
I have no doubt stock shortages will plague nintendo into the next year

only thing is, the announcement of apple and the likes competing for parts came out a bit after the 20m being cited, around the time 16m was cited

so production definitely won't be 10m, hopefully it's around 15m at the least, any less would be disappointing

edit: my bad

Do we have anything from Nintendo confirming over 10m?

ggx2ac

Do we have anything from Nintendo confirming over 10m?

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170502e.pdf

Q3 If demand for Nintendo Switch reaches the same levels that Wii did, isn’t it likely that the product will be sold out during the holiday season if you can’t secure sufficient inventory levels by the fall? Are you taking any steps to address this, such as establishing an expandable assembly line?

A3 Kimishima:
Our initial plan for the Nintendo Switch hardware shipments for the last fiscal year was 2 million units, but we saw the high anticipation from consumers prior to launch and began additional production, allowing us to ultimately ship 2.74 million units. We are planning to ship 10 million units this fiscal year, and this figure takes into account the fantastic response we have received from consumers. Planning to ship 10 million units means that we actually plan to produce more than that including units in our warehouse and in-transit product. We are not currently producing this full amount all at once. We expect that the number of consumers who want to buy the hardware will increase as we release titles such as ARMS, Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey, so our current production model takes that into account.

Top Bottom