• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 22, 2013 (May 27 - Jun 02)

Mario007

So Vita and Wii U are pretty much finished judging by the e3. 3DS is down year on year if I remember correctly and PS4 won't launch this year...this will be a bad year for hardware sales in Japan.

They 100% need to cut for the west, basic being recalled so a $350 wiiu will get murdered between ps4 $399 and 360 for $199 . I dont see them cutting in the west and not cut in japan.
The new 360 is $299. Microsoft's really lost their minds.

So Vita and Wii U are pretty much finished judging by the e3. 3DS is down year on year if I remember correctly and PS4 won't launch this year...this will be a bad year for hardware sales in Japan.
3DS has PkmnXY and MH4 to drive sales. Full year will most likely be up in the end.

daxgame

Doubt it. 3DS will go beast mode with Mh4 and Pokémon, and WiiU will at least rack up some minor sales with Mario and DK

Well, MH3U raised again.
IMnuLRF.gif

Is there a reason for the discrepancy between Famitsu and Media Create re: Wii U; MC seems consistently higher recently?

It's like a 40% difference this week though - although I suppose the absolute numbers are low.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
July can't come soon enough for 3DS; it's when new hardware bundles and new big titles start coming again, as well as Obon...and then, September 14th.

EDIT: MediaCreate says 3DS is at 40k sold, it's much better, why the difference :lol

Is there a reason for the discrepancy between Famitsu and Media Create re: Wii U; MC seems consistently higher recently?

It's like a 40% difference this week though - although I suppose the absolute numbers are low.
The numbers are so low it's hardly worth thinking about. 2000 more or less might seem a lot to the WiiU, but it's nothing more than statistical noise in the grander scheme of things.

BriBri

July can't come soon enough for 3DS; it's when new hardware bundles and new big titles start coming again, as well as Obon...and then, September 14th.

EDIT: MediaCreate says 3DS is at 40k sold, it's much better, why the difference :lol
I still believe DKR3D will do well. And a new original model released tomorrow (although the latter shouldn't provide a huge bump at all).

Top Bottom