• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 22, 2014 (May 26 - Jun 01)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Comgnet's retail chain preorder comparisons, as of June 9th, 2014

[NDS] Inazuma Eleven 3 - 66pt + 60pt = 126pt
[3DS] Yokai Watch 2 - 312pt + 231pt = 543pt

[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War Premium Sound & Movie Edition - 100pt + 42pt = 142pt
[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War II Premium TV & Movie Edition - 69pt + 20pt = 89pt

[PS4] Watch_Dogs - 24pt

BadWolf

Metal Slug Defense (iOS/Android - F2P) reaches 5 million downloads worldwide* in 34 days: http://app.famitsu.com/20140609_389945/

That number shocked me to the point where I thought I was wrong, or a typo happened. 万 = tens of thousands, so 500万 = 5 000 000. The Google Play installation number is between 1 - 5 million, so I guess that figure is correct?! Has the Metal Slug series combined sold 5 million units? I wouldn't think so.

*China not included

edit: erm, I probably should've read the Google Play description:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snkplaymore.android003

Crazy, glad to see SNK do well.

SmokyDave

Metal Slug Defense (iOS/Android - F2P) reaches 5 million downloads worldwide* in 34 days: http://app.famitsu.com/20140609_389945/

That number shocked me to the point where I thought I was wrong, or a typo happened. 万 = tens of thousands, so 500万 = 5 000 000. The Google Play installation number is between 1 - 5 million, so I guess that figure is correct?! Has the Metal Slug series combined sold 5 million units? I wouldn't think so.

*China not included

edit: erm, I probably should've read the Google Play description:

Ah, sweet. Hope it's doing well for 'em. It's a cool little game.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
new releases {2014.06.12}

[PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki Evolution # <RPG> (Kadokawa Shoten) (¥6.264)
[PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki Evolution [Limited Edition] <RPG> (Kadokawa Shoten) (¥8.424)
[PSV] One Piece: Unlimited World Red <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.145)

[WIU] One Piece: Unlimited World Red <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥7.171)

[PS4] Thief <ACT> (Square Enix) (¥8.424)

[PS3] One Piece: Unlimited World Red <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥7.171)
[PS3] Thief <ACT> (Square Enix) (¥8.424)
[PS3] Ratchet & Clank: Ginga Saikyou Tri-Star Pack <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) (¥5.184)

[360] Thief <ACT> (Square Enix) (¥8.424)

L Thammy

Souls is mid-sized series, isn't it? Bloodborne being 2015 is notable.

If I were Capcom I wouldn't keep a 4U HD exclusive to Wii U.

While I'd like to get a Wii U version myself, I don't think we'll see a console port at all. I suspect that the Wii U port of 3G was made simply to appeal to the West (console + online), and that the Japanese audience primarily buys late HD ports to supplement the handheld version instead of to replace it. Now we have the portable version outselling the console one in the West and online on the handheld. It's not as necessary for the West now. A PS3 version would presumably lack transfarring and cross-platform multiplayer, so there goes a bunch of the appeal of a supplementary purchase.

Bruno MB

Square Enix were serious when they said they weren't going to show Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III. Those games were the highlights of last year's E3 Sony conference and 365 days latter we don't have any updates on them. Also, there was no trace of Capcom.

RIP Japanese video game console industry.

Square Enix was serious when they said they weren't going to show Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III. Those games where the highlights of last year's E3 Sony conference and 365 latter we don't have any updates on them. Also, there was no trace of Capcom.

RE7 Wii U exclusive.

BlackJace

Square Enix was serious when they said they weren't going to show Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III. Those games where the highlights of last year's E3 Sony conference and 365 latter we don't have any updates on them. Also, there was no trace of Capcom.

But that Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha Dash DLC...

DaBoss

Not to be that guy, but wait for TGS I guess? That said, this E3 has been bad on the front of Japanese games. I guess Nintendo could announce things, but I can't see them announcing anything that would be big.

Is there a remote chance of Resident Evil 7 Wii U? I was thinking it would be shown during Sony's conference, but it was a no show. Maybe it just is not far enough along?

zeromcd73

Looks like Youkai Watch is getting a movie. Will be out 20 December.

The Youkai Watch manga has also sold 1,500,000 copies over three volumes.

bloodborne2yzukp.jpg

This is PS4's most notable game right now (Spring 2015), unless MGSV comes before. I remember Kojima saying it would March 2015 latest so hopefully it does because the game is looking spectacular.

I still don't understand why another Suda 51 and gungho exclusive was announced when their previous exclusive, Lily Bergamo, which is coming out this year, has not been fully revealed.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
A game title has never been so apt to describe a situation.

LOL you are so right.
About RE7WiiU: if that happens, I'll sell my WiiU, I promise (translated: it will not happen)
About PS4: it really seems that Bloodborne could be the first "real" Japanese-oriented exclusiv coming to the console, in Spring15, so a long wait, unless TGS will somehow surprise us.

Soriku

there was MGS and that suda game

granted no idea how popular either is among japanese gamers

MGS is popular (though not new). Bloodborne is mid-tier.

There was nothing else besides Bloodborne really, and another problem is that we have no idea when MGS, FF XV, and KH3 will release. At least Bloodborne is coming Spring 2015.

Soriku

The announcement was only for US/EU. Japanese press are reporting that there is currently no details on a Japanese release for it.

Huh. No JP release would be surprising IMO, even if it seems like they're mainly (only?) making the console version for the Western market.

duckroll

Huh. No JP release would be surprising IMO, even if it seems like they're mainly (only?) making the console version for the Western market.

Don't worry though. The eagerly anticipated Final Fantasy VII G-Bike for Smartphones has been confirmed for a Japanese release.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It seems there's a FF game for 3DS which isn't a Theatrhythm coming. FF Explorers. The scan was posted in the big 3DS game roundtable thread (hopefully deleted soon, for the poster's sake :lol).

Top Bottom