• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 22, 2017 (May 29 - Jun 04)

mclem

What do people here envision as the end point for BotW Switch? Can it eventually crawl to 1M LTD, or is something like 800k more reasonable?

I suspect it can crawl to 1M, but it might need a Best Price or GOTY release, or something along those lines, to do so.

Has there been any word of digital numbers for it?

05./04. [3DS] Monster Hunter Double Cross <ACT> (Capcom) {2017.03.18} (¥5.800) - 12.263 / 1.502.606 (+10%)

LOL

And that's a lot of ROMs sold. Easy money for SE.

I still can't get over that Mana Collection.
30k for 3 Roms is just wow.
Bows well for other 3rd party releases(SF2 was overpriced so that's why is debuted low).

blazeaire

So, is that terrible for Tekken?

Glad to see NieR legs again though and Secret of Mana collection doing relatively well.

Nearly 30k for an expensive rom collection from a pretty dead franchise isn't too bad.

Pretty awful opening for Tekken.

I think I remember seeing people predict at least 100k for Tekken 7 (can't remember if it was first week) so it does look pretty bad.

I think y'all forgot Tekken 7 has been in their arcades since 2015 lmao and whoever wanted to play would've definitely gotten their fix there especially with the Japanese emphasis on local play

cheesekao

[PS4] Tekken 7 <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.06.01} (¥8.200) - 58.736 / NEW

[PS3] Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Namco Bandai, 09/13/12) &#8211; 62,630 (New)

That's okay-ish I guess? Still quite a steep drop from T6 though.

Jamix012

With Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon coming out and the New 2DS XL as well, do people think the PS4 or 3DS will end with higher YTD this year?

noshten

I suspect it can crawl to 1M, but it might need a Best Price or GOTY release, or something along those lines, to do so.

Has there been any word of digital numbers for it?

March Famitsu Estimates:
03. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 33,500
04. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) 6,700

April Famitsu Estimates:
05. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 8,197
10. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) 1,863

Total for March/April Based on Estimates: 50,260

Right now BotW(NSW + SWI) is sitting at 664K so 336K left for the remainder of the year.
If 3.3 million more people are able to buy Switch by the end of 2017 it requires just 10% attach rate for the rest of the year to reach 1 million across both versions.

I think y'all forgot Tekken 7 has been in their arcades since 2015 lmao and whoever wanted to play would've definitely gotten their fix there especially with the Japanese emphasis on local play

vanilla tekken 6 arcade is 2 years earlier than tekken 6 console, basically about the same gap with tekken 7 situation

Zedark

March Famitsu Estimates:

April Famitsu Estimates:

That puts BOTW at a total of 664,449 units sold - almost 2/3 of the way to 1 million!

Didn't Pokken actually perform really well world wide? I think it has a good chance. I'm not sure of Tekken sales worldwide though.
Pokken Wii I debuted with 78k when the NX sights were looming and the console was slowly being trickled out of support from Nintendo. I think it'll either equal it first week or more(110k imo)

Kureransu

I still can't get over that Mana Collection.
30k for 3 Roms is just wow.
Bows well for other 3rd party releases(SF2 was overpriced so that's why is debuted low).

What baffles me is that it is outselling guilty gear xrd rev 2. Guilty gear even had an extra day on the market...

KAORIII

Neo Member
So the SD collection was almost at 30k...ugh.

05./04. [3DS] Monster Hunter Double Cross <ACT> (Capcom) {2017.03.18} (¥5.800) - 12.263 / 1.502.606 (+10%)
what happened to this?

deleted

So 3DS is still holding steady for a yoy advantage on 2016.

If they make 2m this year, they might make it to 25m... How many consoles have managed to sell that much in Japan?

Alrus

Outside of SF V, arcade versions preceding retail is the norm for fighting game. So the opening is still pretty awful relative to previous entries.

Of course the genre is pretty much dying in Japan so it's not particularly surprising.

Are you new?

You don't have to be new to wonder what the heck is going with Switch production. Shipping under 25k units weekly to your strongest market is pretty pathetic amount of units. Especially as it's not like US and EU are getting huge shipments either.

cheesekao

Outside of SF V, arcade versions preceding retail is the norm for fighting game. So the opening is still pretty awful relative to previous entries.

Of course the genre is pretty much dying in Japan so it's not particularly surprising.
I believe KOF14 didn't have one either.

You don't have to be new to wonder what the heck is going with Switch production. Shipping under 25k units weekly to your strongest market is pretty pathetic amount of units. Especially as it's not like US and EU are getting huge shipments either.
Isn't that the US?

What baffles me is that it is outselling guilty gear xrd rev 2. Guilty gear even had an extra day on the market...
Like I said in a previous post if a collection of 3 roms can sell 30k first week in Japan than Switch software will do very well if it's good(looking at you Arms).

mclem

March Famitsu Estimates:

April Famitsu Estimates:

Right now BotW(NSW + SWI) is sitting at 664K so 336K left for the remainder of the year.
If 3.3 million more people are able to buy Switch by the end of 2017 it requires just 10% attach rate for the rest of the year to reach 1 million across both versions.

Worth mentioning that the person I was replying to was talking solely in the context of the Switch version, which puts the goal a little higher.

So, here's a thought: If Zelda makes it to a million, it'll be the Nth million-seller on Switch. What's N?

Mario Kart is absolutely inevitable, of course, so at least 1. It'd shock everyone if Splatoon didn't make it, and faster than Zelda, that's 2. Monster Hunter would seem likely (only reason I'm not inking it in as definite is the fact there's a platform change involved). Mario? Arms? If we were to get an AC this year, that would be a candidate, but that's not looking terribly likely.

Fularu

Banned
SE should pull a Wii DQ release and get DQ 1-4 (FC versions) on a cart with no enhancements whatsoever and watch it sell 100k first week!

Alrus

Afaik Xrd rev 2 was available as a cheap-ish DLC if you owned the first one, so that might have neutered sales a bit.

Doomshine

[PS4] Tekken 7 <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.06.01} (¥8.200) - 58.736 / NEW

[PS3] Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Namco Bandai, 09/13/12) – 62,630 (New)

That's okay-ish I guess? Still quite a steep drop from T6 though.

Tekken 6 was 8 years ago, things have changed.

So with 3rd Party releases after Switch launch we have
8k MDS
17k SF2U
30k SDC
Compared to Wii U after launch..that's pretty damn good for third party releases(none big ones either).

Top Bottom