• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 23, 2014 (Jun 02 - Jun 08)

Hellraider

Katsura Hashino said that P Studio seriously considered handheld devices as the platform for Persona 5, but they decided on the PS3 when they realized that's where most of their fans would want to experience the game.

We all know this is only half true. Yes, the fanbase is on PS3 but this is also the best way for them to sell the game again on Vita.

FluxWaveZ

We all know this is only half true. Yes, the fanbase is on PS3 but this is also the best way for them to sell the game again on Vita.

Well, they'll most likely remake the game as they always do, but I feel that a future PS4 port is just as likely as a Vita port at this point. Maybe that's more wishful thinking than anything else, though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Will a Musou fan buy a system just to play one Musou title?

Probably not, but it might convince them to at least consider the system and with other interesting games( already released or upcoming) be enough to justify a purchase.

Hellraider

If P5 does so well as many are here saying......why wouldn't P5 FES be on PS3 as well?

Vita might get a P5P.

I didn't say otherwise. I expect an FES version just as I expect a Portable one. I don't think they will bother with PS4 but it's still way too early to tell.

An interesting question is whether they plan to repeat with P6 what they did with P4.

TheChaos0

I didn't say otherwise. I expect an FES version just as I expect a Portable one. I don't think they will bother with PS4 but it's still way too early to tell.

An interesting question is whether they plan to repeat with P6 what they did with P4.

What do you mean, reusing the engine and the assets? Of course but I'm not to sure if it'll come out on PS3.

AniHawk

i would guess that mario kart 8 has the ability to reach 1m if by later this year they bundle the game with the wii u to help sell the system when smash bros. comes out. and then next year to help sell zelda or whatever they have smash bros. bundled with the system instead.

yo-kai watch 2 will probably be the last great hype for the 3ds. maybe monster hunter 4g and pokemon gen 3r may do something, but i kind of doubt it when the audience is already there, and while the yo-kai watch audience is there since we know the first game is such a big deal, i think the special edition system should net some big sales for that first week, at least.

I am still kinda expecting PS4 port of Persona 5 at least for the west. PS3 will be too dead here at the time of western Persona 5 release.

Road

03./00. [3DS] Card Fight!! Vanguard: Lock on Victory!! (FuRyu) {2014.06.05} - 32.441 / NEW <60%>

Commentary: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/866/866889/

3DS&#12302;&#12459;&#12540;&#12489;&#12501;&#12449;&#12452;&#12488;!! &#12532;&#12449;&#12531;&#12460;&#12540;&#12489; &#12525;&#12483;&#12463; &#12458;&#12531; &#12499;&#12463;&#12488;&#12522;&#12540;!!&#12303;&#12364;&#12521;&#12531;&#12463;&#12452;&#12531;&#12290;&#30330;&#22770;&#36913;&#12391;&#25512;&#23450;2.9&#19975;&#26412;&#65288;&#24215;&#38957;&#28040;&#21270;&#29575;60&#65285;&#21069;&#24460;&#65289;&#12434;&#36009;&#22770;&#12375;&#12383;​

"Card Fight!! Vanguard" Lock on Victory!! [...] 29,000 copies sold..."

It's because of these random errors that Dengeki will never get out of sals-age ghetto. =P

Thanks, 1st Course.

Hellraider

What do you mean, reusing the engine and the assets? Of course but I'm not to sure if it'll come out on PS3.

Of course they're gonna reuse assets. It's Atlus. Where is the question. PS3?PS4?PSV? I feel like Atlus has many options without any of them being clearly the better one. I guess we will see.

Bruno MB

07./02. [PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam: Side Stories # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.05.29} (¥8.208) - 7.730 / 87.107 <60-80%> (-90%)

Another manganime Bandai Namco Games title with terrible word of mouth and already being heavily discounted just one week after its release.

Wii U just desperately needs a pricecut, even if it's hard for Nintendo to stomach. The games are there, or will be by December, and until FFXV it seems it won't have any console competition, but it needs to be much cheaper to get to a relevant install base. That way maybe Japanese devs will put some games on the system, which might also help a little bit in the West.

Scum

Wii U just desperately needs a pricecut, even if it's hard for Nintendo to stomach. The games are there, or will be by December, and until FFXV it seems it won't have any console competition, but it needs to be much cheaper to get to a relevant install base. That way maybe Japanese devs will put some games on the system, which might also help a little bit in the West.

Even better if it coincides with a MK8 bundle.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Yes its still too expensive and Nintendo knows that - they are probably trying to survive till 2015 when the next pride drop can happen and they maybe launch a cheaper redesign with a smaller gamepad. They will have to start some kind of relaunch for 2015 with their 2015 titles planned.

Tripon

How much does Japan love jingoistic America, because that's what S.T.E.A.M. is basing a lot of its appeal on. XD

One would think that Nintendo couldn't do worse than the GameCube, but nooo... they had to come up with WiiU.

Haven't you SEEN all the amazing games that are coming in 2015 for the machine? The hype is exploding on GAF, it can't be controlled.

Wii U to be saved. In 2015.

/s

Farmboy

It'll be a travesty if Nintendo don't get all the WiiU titles available, one way or another, on the next piece of hardware.

My theory is that this is why most of the AAA-titles don't or hardly use the GamePad. Imagine a launch lineup with, say, Mario Kart 8 Plus, locked 60fps/1080p (assuming it's more powerful; it might not be if they go the merged console/handheld route) and/or with a couple of extra cups thrown in.

Yes its still too expensive and Nintendo knows that - they are probably trying to survive till 2015 when the next pride drop can happen and they maybe launch a cheaper redesign with a smaller gamepad. They will have to start some kind of relaunch for 2015 with their 2015 titles planned.

I would guess a September pricecut would make most sense from an install base and software sales perspective, but I doubt it will happen. Maybe holiday sales + Smash Bros will be enough to at least beat the 2013 numbers.

saichi

The list of third-party titles not named Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter (or Final Fantasy) that had sold over 2 million units is extremely small. Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters IV which is the most recent title to meet these requirements was released over 13 years ago.

[NFC] Pro Baseball Family Stadium (Namco) {1986.12.10} - 2.050.000
[SFC] Street Fighter II (Capcom) {1992.06.10} - 2.880.000
[SFC] Street Fighter II Turbo (Capcom) {1993.07.10} - 2.100.000
[SFC] Chrono Trigger (Square) {1995.03.11} - 2.030.000
[PS1] Resident Evil 2 + Resident Evil 2: Dual Shock Edition (Capcom) {1998.01.29} - 2.456.650
[NGB] Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters IV (Konami) {2000.12.07} - 2.210.162

Thanks. I was thinking RE was the last franchise and never knew Yu-Gi-Oh! was that big back in the days. If we lower the bar to 1.5 million, I would think FFXIII was the last title to do it but I don't think there is much else, right?

One would think that Nintendo couldn't do worse than the GameCube, but nooo... they had to come up with WiiU.

It will truly be crazy if WiiU has an LTD below 4 million. It being below 20 million WW is pretty much given at this moment in time which is incredibly sad and makes me think what Nintendo are going to do about their ever decreasing relevancy in the home console market.

I think it might 4 million+ in JP.

Yagami_Sama

Another "good" sales for Wii U,it is always nice to see Wii U's sales higher than the PS.

Mario Kart 8 got some good sales ,and I hope that keep on selling like that for a long time. Nice début for Persona Q, this one I was not sure
if it will take the first spot. And Yo-Kai wacht kept on God Mode.

Kandinsky

It will truly be crazy if WiiU has an LTD below 4 million. It being below 20 million WW is pretty much given at this moment in time which is incredibly sad and makes me think what Nintendo are going to do about their ever decreasing relevancy in the home console market.

I think it might 4 million+ in JP.

I think you mean exciting.

iori9999

Banned
Nintendo is beasting thanks to some new releases obviously.. Well actually no one is technically beasting, but Nintendo is in comparison to the rest of their competitors in the market..

PersonaQ continues to seem a stronger direction for the Etrian Odyssey series. I imagine they will either notably revisit the production values on EO or keep on making PQ.

Oh god, I really, really, really, really hope not. ;.; I like Persona and all but I like EO far more.

Granted EO getting a nice bump in production values would not be a problem whatsoever. Dunno if I'd want them to keep going the Untold route though - another part of the charm is making your dudes and going on an adventure with them.

(It's me, I'm The Target Audience for the original EO.)

Takao

Banned
A hungry Nintendo is more likely to invest in new ideas and change their previous behaviour. Successful Nintendo will just stay the course.

The hell happened to the PSP? lol

The news of it being discontinued broke and people wanted to get their last one.

Thanks. I was thinking RE was the last franchise and never knew Yu-Gi-Oh! was that big back in the days. If we lower the bar to 1.5 million, I would think FFXIII was the last title to do it but I don't think there is much else, right?

You think Final Fantasy XIII would be the last third party title not named Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter (or Final Fantasy)?

;)

(I don't think lowering the bar to 1.5m would open up a whole lot else which is recent, really)

Sakura

Pretty good P4Q sales. Better than I expected to be honest. I just hope people aren't burned out on Persona when 5 comes out.

hiska-kun

According to Media Create, Persona Q sold 80,64% of its shipment (~232k).
Persona 4: The Golden for PSV sold 294k LTD (retail).

duckroll

So far Atlus has managed to do it twice.

Persona + Blazblue resulted in a game which far exceeded the sales of Blazblue or Guilty Gear.

Persona + Etrian has now resulted in a game which will exceed the sales of EO significantly.

It'll be interesting to see if they can do it again with P4U2 and P4D. P4D is particularly interesting because while it probably doesn't have a chance to exceed the sales of Miku at its prime on PSP, I think there's a good chance for it to exceed the sales of recent Miku games which is pretty much stuck at 150-200k now. If leveraging the Persona brand allows it to surpass the 200k which Miku sold on the Vita, that'll be certainly impressive.

Top Bottom