• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 23, 2014 (Jun 02 - Jun 08)

Alrus

Just check the amazon ranking and noticed the Smash boxart. They're really going with the "For the 3DS"/"For the Wii U" as the official name? It's so lazy :|

Aligned:

PS3 - 8,102 / 2,081,842
Wii U - 12,576 / 1,782,283

July 17 - Wii Sports Club
August 07 - Dragon Quest X: One Package
August 14 - Hyrule Warriors
September 20 - Bayonetta 2
2014 - Super Smash Bros.
2014 - Captain Toad

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
According to Amazon.co.jp, Smash Bros - ¥ 5,616 3DS.

Is that a first for Nintendo, usually it's ¥ 4,937 ?

KtSlime

According to Amazon.co.jp, Smash Bros - ¥ 5,616 3DS.

Is that a first for Nintendo, usually it's ¥ 4,937 ?

It is, but not by much, I think kid Icarus sold around that price point. Most Nintendo game retail at ¥4,571. So it is quite a bit higher than the norm for Nintendo.

KtSlime

Just checked Smash bros site, Amazon's price is an overestimation. The official 希望小売価格 is ¥5,200; so not the most expensive 3DS software Nintendo has sold.

BriBri

So effectively, Smash Bros is ¥400 more than your average Nintendo 3DS first-party title.

I wonder if Pokemon will also follow the trend as you have mentioned.
¥679 after tax
Of course it is. So is the Nintendo standard price point of ¥4,571.

Kid Icarus is ¥5,524税別 (excluding tax), which still makes it the most expensive.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/akdj/index.html
That's with the gimmicky stand. The eShop price for KIU is still ¥679 cheaper than digital SSB.

Edit: digital KIU is actually ¥4,927 so even cheaper still:D

vinnygambini

¥679 after tax

Thanks for the clarification.

Nintendo is still amongst the cheapest publishers it seems though judging by the below:

Monster Hunter 4 - ¥ 6,161
Persona Q - ¥ 7,538
Freedom Wars - ¥ 6,264

I wouldn't be surprised to see a slight increase in price for Pokemon as well.

KtSlime

That's with the gimmicky stand. The eShop price for KIU is still ¥679 cheaper than digital SSB.

=/

...actually eShop isn't quite as bad as many make it out to be, I'll avoid buying things there if I can get a physical copy, but at least they don't require you to have your credit card the same region as the hardware; that's pretty nice, and more than I can say for the other services which require you to import giftcards.

One might see a press release soon after launch a la Disney Infinity or Skylanders proclaiming to be a billion dollar franchise :eek:
Hmm, Infinity sold 3M starter packs and "only" had $500M in net retail sales as at April. I think the original Skylanders did about the same in sales dollars in 2011.

Although the Amiibos are supposed to be cross-platform, they seem more geared to a stationary platform. I'm not sure how Smash sales will end up splitting.

Possible, but I think it will take a few years for these toys to get to the billion dollar franchise level, if they do.

vinnygambini

Hmm, Infinity sold 3M starter packs and "only" had $500M in net retail sales as at April. I think the original Skylanders did about the same in sales dollars in 2011.

Although the Amiibos are supposed to be cross-platform, they seem more geared to a stationary platform. I'm not sure how Smash sales will end up splitting.

Possible, but I think it will take a few years for these toys to get to the billion dollar franchise level, if they do.

Good assessment.

I sincerely hope for Nintendo's sake the Amiibo platform reaches the likes of Disney Infinity as their overall profitability in FY15 deeply depends on its success.

hiska-kun

Friday 13th, Bic Camera in Ikebukuro. This week releases:

One Piece (biggest game for the week)
8419AFAA-7F4F-4046-B530-49CEF4DE442E_zps30ph2t9u.jpg

BC1C831B-7C0C-44B8-88EE-97AD03583704_zpsicpvcyxl.jpg

Thief
C8972C6F-5B79-45D3-BDE9-1E9E045AD87A_zpsmz4iw02v.jpg

Legend of Heroes
0B37B045-9D19-4140-9883-7C04FEE06BA3_zpswo5gtl9x.jpg

Today, Saturday 14th. Pre-orders for Smash starts. Smash becomes the game of the Week in shops. Huge.
2AE76ED8-6CBA-4800-AC02-7A468437A28E_zpsrww2ki2q.jpg

76CE4179-2256-4ACC-AA7D-C50BDADD8046_zpsqigksmxa.jpg

33C5680D-3ECD-4F55-95D0-EC83C95B39B5_zpsnxna8yq7.jpg

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
IIRC, Smash Bros. Brawl was also more expensive than usual Nintendo titles on Wii. The same for Xenoblade. Probably, such titles have bigger prices due to their content / their scope.

Right now, Smash Bros. For 3DS is first and...Bayonetta 2 is second. Probably, having the original game for free with each copy is helping.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
When you think about it 3DS will have quite a nice holiday lineup. Starting with Yokai Watch 2 which will sell for months you have Smash Bros. 3DS, MH4G and Pokémon R/S.

Not bad...not bad at all.

When you think about it 3DS will have quite a nice holiday lineup. Starting with Yokai Watch 2 which will sell for months you have Smash Bros. 3DS, MH4G and Pokémon R/S.

Yeah. Maybe not quite as nice as far as pushing hardware is concerned but the list is really quite different from the initial outlook earlier in the year.

Is that software going to cause notable bumps? I mean 3DS already has a pokemon, MH and Yokai Watch so the audience are already there no. I'm sure there will be a hardware increase but to what extent is the question?

Is that software going to cause notable bumps? I mean 3DS already has a pokemon, MH and Yokai Watch so the audience are already there no. I'm sure there will be a hardware increase but to what extent is the question?
Honestly at 15m LTD there's not going to be a whole lot to push hardware (especially with the mobile dominance right now) so the idea is more to have big hitters to maintain a decent hardware baseline and keep software sales on par with previous years.

extralite

so they had an expansion disc sold separately all this time?

thanks for clearing that up

Yes, and I think I already said so when the expansion released and people asked the same question.

It doesn't need any hardware bumps. 3DS is already ahead of the GBA and that was a gen without any competition.

Software sales make more money anyway and core games on the 3DS don't sell worse than on DS. The opposite is often the case.

small44

Yukai Watch 2 is destroying Yukai Watch 1 pre-order dosn't this mean there is newfan who would buy a 3DS for this game?

zeromcd73

Maybe Smash Bros 3DS? First ever portable Smash Bros could be really huge :)

Book Off also buy and sell used games, CDs, DVDs and other stuff in addition to books.

Yes. From wiki

Book Off (ブックオフコーポレーション Bukku Ofu Kōporēshon?) (TYO: 3313) is Japan's largest chain of used bookstores. Founded in August 1991, the company has had explosive success, expanding to 866 stores throughout Japan and eight overseas locations (as of August 2006). In addition to books, its chains also sell manga, CDs, DVDs, video games, and even used video game consoles, mobile phones and portable media players. The stores are distinguished by their large surface area, cleanliness and bright illumination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_Off

Usobuko

Banned
That One Piece game already came out for 3ds isn't it? I hope Namco don't have crazy expectations like the 2x warrior games on PS3.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Comgnet retail chain's preorder comparisons, as of June 16th, 2014

[NDS] Inazuma Eleven 3 - 85pt + 78pt = 163pt
[3DS] Yokai Watch 2 - 363pt + 275pt = 638pt

[PS3] Kamen Rider Battride Wars - 115pt + 53pt = 168pt
[PS3] Kamen Rider Battride Wars II - 75pt + 23pt = 98pt

[PS4] Watch Dogs - 27pt

Fisico

[NDS] Inazuma Eleven 3 - 85pt + 78pt = 163pt
[3DS] Yokai Watch 2 - 363pt + 275pt = 638pt

[PS4] Watch Dogs - 27pt

I don't remember seeing numbers for Freedom Wars btw, is there nothing available ?

EDIT : Never mind, a quick google search gave me the answer

[PSV] Freedom Wars - 112pt

Eolz

Is there some numbers for the WiiU version? I'm sure it's lol-worthy, but still...

Top Bottom