• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 23, 2014 (Jun 02 - Jun 08)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wonder how much One Piece PS3/PSV/WiiU will sell when Amazon is selling the 3DS version, that also got all the content updates 4 free, for less than1,500 Yen.

I feel like a real idiot, I've never realized this despite having kind of followed it since the original announcement.

Same here.

Man the graphics on Monster Hunter Frontier for Vita looks almost as bad as 3ds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heiiTA_x9FM
No effort in the port... :/
lol at the dual swords aerial attack

Frontier is still running off the Gen 2 MH engine; not sure what exactly you were expecting.
They have updated the PC version to look a bit prettier.

mBZhREL.jpg

hiska-kun

Comgnet retail chain's preorder comparisons, as of June 16th, 2014

[NDS] Inazuma Eleven 3 - 85pt + 78pt = 163pt
[3DS] Yokai Watch 2 - 363pt + 275pt = 638pt

[PS3] Kamen Rider Battride Wars - 115pt + 53pt = 168pt
[PS3] Kamen Rider Battride Wars II - 75pt + 23pt = 98pt

[PS4] Watch Dogs - 27pt

No Taiko and Dragon Ball yet? :(

Cassovia

Bloodborne already on the Famitsu cover.

Does anybody know how was the reception of revealing of this game among Japanese gamers?

Friday 13th, Bic Camera in Ikebukuro. This week releases:

One Piece (biggest game for the week)
8419AFAA-7F4F-4046-B530-49CEF4DE442E_zps30ph2t9u.jpg

Regarding One Piece, either Japanese companies doesn't care for western audience or they absolutely don't understand it or don't want to understand that PS3 is slowly fading away in the west, not to mention the small install base for Wii U and Vita.

Bloodborne already on the Famitsu cover.

Does anybody know how was the reception of revealing of this game among Japanese gamers?

Regarding One Piece, either Japanese companies doesn't care for western audience or they absolutely don't understand it or don't want to understand that PS3 is slowly fading away in the west, not to mention the small install base for Wii U and Vita.

I uploaded the E3 2014 gameplay footage some days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GCx2wW61aQ, and now that it has around 208k views I thought i'd share something I found interesting:

22% of the viewers are from Japan
19% from USA
7.3% from Spain
6.5% from UK

With the rest mainly being from around Europe.

94% of the viewers are male, 5.9% are female

Stats - yeah!

The Souls series was always a hit with the core. Seems like Sony may be pushing this one a bit more.

zeromcd73

Famitsu reviews:

Watch Dogs 36/40
Freedom Wars 35/40
Girls und Panzer 23/40

Don't think I've ever seen a game rank in the low twenties in Famitsu...

Also what are Sony thinking? Freedom Wars is probably the last chance for Vita to have a smash hit to save the console and yet they're too tight to pay Famitsu for at least a 38?

RalchAC

Famitsu reviews:

Watch Dogs 36/40
Freedom Wars 35/40
Girls und Panzer 23/40

Don't think I've ever seen a game rank in the low twenties in Famitsu...

Also what are Sony thinking? Freedom Wars is probably the last chance for Vita to have a smash hit to save the console and yet they're too tight to pay Famitsu for at least a 38?

Why would it be bad?

35/40 is a 8.75 in a 10 points scale.

Going by individual reviews it has got an 8 and three 9s. That's a really good score IMO.

Other hunting action games and its famitsu score, for some reference.

Toukiden (PSV) – 9/8/8/9 = 34/40
Toukiden (PSP) – 8/8/9/8 = 33/40
God Eater 2 (PSV) – 10/9/10/9 = 38/40
God Eater 2 (PSP) – 9/8/9/9 = 35/40
Monster Hunter 4 (3DS) – 10/10/9/9 = 38/40

Takao

Banned

If there ever was a major international Japanese publisher that could sustain themselves exclusively in Japan, Bandai Namco would probably be it.

The One Piece: Pirate Warriors games sold well on PS3 and Vita, so that explains those versions. I'm willing to guess that Bandai felt after Mario Kart the audience that bought One Piece games on Wii might transition to Wii U. Based on early sales reports, I don't think that'll work out for them.

I think it's going to get pushed like the second coming of Christ in Japan. Just remember who owns From Software now, and who owns all the gaming magazines in Japan. :)

Oh yeah. Almost completely forgot about Kadokawa's acquisition.
Man, that game is going to get hella-pushed.

Looks even worse than 3DS in my opinion. But who is surprised that third parties don't put much effort into Vita games?

I don't think it looks worst, I agree there does not see to be any effort on polish. I'm just curious as to why Capcom did not give Vita MH4 as well since they are giving it a FrontierG title

If they keep pushing Frontier so hard at a point they might end up with two camps of MH fans

duckroll

Wait, Dengeki and Famitsu are under the same conglomerate?

Dengeki is under Ascii Media Works and Famitsu is under Enterbrain. Both were subsidiaries of Kadokawa Holdings up until the massive merger where Kadokawa Holdings was dissolved and all subsidiaries formed into a single new company - Kadokawa. Now all former subsidiaries exist only as brands within a singular corporate entity.

Takao

Banned
Sonic Boom is coming to Japan as Sonic Toon on 3DS/Wii U this winter. Sega listed 4 Wii U SKUs for this fiscal year, and this should be it:

- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (JP)
- Sonic Boom (NA)
- Sonic Boom (EU)
- Sonic Toon (JP)

Also, IA/VT Colorful has been delayed from July 31st to sometime this fall.

Looks even worse than 3DS in my opinion. But who is surprised that third parties don't put much effort into Vita games?

More like, who is surprised that Capcom put out a no-effort port of a seven year old MMO on Vita?

I don't think it looks worst, I agree there does not see to be any effort on polish. I'm just curious as to why Capcom did not give Vita MH4 as well since they are giving it a FrontierG title

If they keep pushing Frontier so hard at a point they might end up with two camps of MH fans

Different branches of Capcom handle the MH games. Frontier and all the mobile stuff are done by Capcom Online Games. Capcom proper handles the numbered MH games on console/handheld.

Sonic Boom is coming to Japan as Sonic Toon on 3DS/Wii U this winter. Sega listed 4 Wii U SKUs for this fiscal year, and this should be it:

- Sonic Boom (NA)
- Sonic Boom (EU)
- Sonic Toon (JP)

More like, who is surprised that Capcom put out a no-effort port of a seven year old MMO on Vita?

Different branches of Capcom handle the MH games. Frontier and all the mobile stuff are done by Capcom Online Games. Capcom proper handles the numbered MH games on console/handheld.

Sonic Toon sounds like a bad joke for an already buzz-less game

Theses different Capcom branches are kinda competing a bit here aren't they?
Frontier seems to be jumping into consoles and handhelds lately. To be fair I have not heard good things about Frontier but they are still milking it.

Takao

Banned
Theses different Capcom branches are kinda competing a bit here aren't they?
Frontier seems to be jumping into consoles and handhelds lately. To be fair I have not heard good things about Frontier but they are still milking it.

Are they really competing? Frontier isn't on platforms that are receiving proper Monster Hunter games. Part of that is certainly technical, but I'm not sure 4DS would receive a port either.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
new releases {2014.06.19}

[3DS] Pokemon Art Academy <HOB> (Nintendo) (¥3.908)
[3DS] Pac-World <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥5.119)
[3DS] Konchuu Monster: Super Battle <SLG> (Culture Brain) (¥5.184)

[PSV] Durarara!! 3-way Standoff: Alley V <ADV> (ASCII Media Works) (¥5.637)
[PSV] htoL NiQ: Hotaru no Nikki <ACT> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥6.264)
[PSV] Sengoku Hime 4: Souha Hyakkei, Hanamoru Chikai # <SLG> (SystemSoft Alpha) (¥7.020)
[PSV] Sengoku Hime 4: Souha Hyakkei, Hanamoru Chikai [Limited Edition] <SLG> (SystemSoft Alpha) (¥9.180)

[PS3] CV: Casting Voice <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥7.171)
___

Free promotion games with LL purchase

July

New Super Mario Bros. 2 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.07.28}
Pokemon X / Y <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2013.10.12}
Shin Megami Tensei IV <RPG> (Atlus) {2013.05.23}
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies <ADV> (Capcom) {2013.07.25}
Disney Magic World <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.08.01}
Pokemon Art Academy <HOB> (Nintendo) {2014.06.19}
Yoshi's New Island <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.07.24}

August

Super Mario 3D Land <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.03}
Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01}
Shin Megami Tensei IV <RPG> (Atlus) {2013.05.23}
Fantasy Life: Link! <RPG> (Level 5) {2013.07.25}
Kirby Triple Deluxe <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.01.11}
Yoshi's New Island <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.07.24}

Yoshi's New Island joins promotion program before getting out at retail

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Wow... I'm still surprised this promotion hasn't done more to raise 3DS sales. Maybe it's all that's keeping them where they are...

- Sonic Boom (NA)
- Sonic Boom (EU)
- Sonic Toon (JP)

Are Sega publishing boom/toon in all teritories though? Nintendo handled lost world in Europe did that count as one of their Wii U SKUs last year?

Dengeki is under Ascii Media Works and Famitsu is under Enterbrain. Both were subsidiaries of Kadokawa Holdings up until the massive merger where Kadokawa Holdings was dissolved and all subsidiaries formed into a single new company - Kadokawa. Now all former subsidiaries exist only as brands within a singular corporate entity.

Dang.

Yeah it's going to be hella pushed then.

Wow FROM sure are lucky.

I do wonder how much more those games can grow in Japan. I mean 428k is very good but Dragons Dogma really wowed me with its 680k.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So what if Wii U is up this week?

Any reason you ask that? I'd be surprised I guess. That probably would mean either it was a weird fluctuation in sales or Mario Kart is getting some good word of mouth from the large number of people who just bought it.

zeromcd73

Why would it be bad?

35/40 is a 8.75 in a 10 points scale.

Going by individual reviews it has got an 8 and three 9s. That's a really good score IMO.

Other hunting action games and its famitsu score, for some reference.

It was just meant to be a sarcastic joke. Sorta like the worse than Nintendogs/Jojo sort of thing and how much of a fraud famitsu reviews are. Sorry :)

Go_Ly_Dow

So Famitsu dont require the cheque to clear for this one :eek:!

hiska-kun

Any reason you ask that? I'd be surprised I guess. That probably would mean either it was a weird fluctuation in sales or Mario Kart is getting some good word of mouth from the large number of people who just bought it.

Comes from a random retailer's blog lol

Top Bottom