• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 24, 2012 (Jun 11 - Jun 17)

turnbuckle

Nice bumps. Not sustainable, but it may give pubs some confidence going forward that the Vita can be viable for RPGs.

Durante

I'm surprised that Tokyo Jungle held up relatively well. It seemed like the kind of game that would drop off a cliff. It's available on PSN as well right?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
A Vita game taking the top spot is a nice sign to other publishers that yeah, this thing has the potential. Nice sales spike for the system, especially when you see that everything else (besides 3DS) is in the gutter.

Made my day, hopefully it continues, but Sony seriously needs to get some more game on this thing.

A Vita game taking the top spot is a nice sign to other publishers that yeah, this thing has the potential. Nice sales spike for the system, especially when you see that everything else (besides 3DS) is in the gutter.

Made my day, hopefully it continues, but Sony seriously needs to get some more game on this thing.

or they see this as a sign of bringing over older "Popular" titles to vita. Maybe.

with a 20k hardware bump? and still only about 50% of its main competitor?

If we're honest and evaluate by revenue, at minimum, the Vita came very close to surpassing the 3DS this week.

34000 x 25000 = 850000000
61000 x 15000 = 915000000

Note this comparison favors the 3DS given the existence of the Vita 3G SKU and Nintendo's historical penchant for bundling and discounts, which is just a euphemism for an underhanded, selfishly single minded way of acquiring sales and undermining the competition. However, I won't declare this an outright victory for Sony as I want to remain strictly factual. But if you note the top 5 (where 90%+ of the software sold each week resides), four of the software titles belong to the Sony ecosystem. If you factor in licensing fees and other unmentionable soft factors, this week was a resounding victory for Sony.

If we're honest and evaluate by revenue, at minimum, the Vita came very close to surpassing the 3DS this week.

Note this comparison favors the 3DS given the existence of the Vita 3G SKU and Nintendo's historical penchant for bundling and discounts, which is just a euphemism for an underhanded, selfishly single minded way of acquiring sales and undermining the competition. However, I won't declare this an outright victory for Sony as I want to remain strictly factual. But if you note the top 5 (where 90%+ of the software sold each week resides), four of the software titles belong to the Sony ecosystem. If you factor in licensing fees and other unmentionable soft factors, this week was a resounding victory for Sony.

notsureifserious.gif

This is absolutely amazing.

Seriously, it's a work of art.

Kazerei

Banned
It's alive!

CLph6.jpg

The Boat

Bravo!

nordique

haha

+1

Kyou

okay now we just need a big Vita release every couple weeks for the rest of the year. How's the forecast look?

donny2112

So we have a 5% drop in 3DS this week, and a ~160% increase for Vita. Pokemon Black/White 2 releases this week, so we'll have a big spike for 3DS next week and a probable drop back to < 20K for Vita. Then the following week, 3DS will have a drop from the spike and Vita should have an increase for the White system.

Roller-coaster ride these next few weeks.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Some Comgnet comparisons, since we're all here

[NDS] Pokèmon Black & White 2 - 1855pt
[NDS] Pokèmon Platinum - 1022pt
[NDS] Pokèmon Black & White - 3445 pt

Much worse than B&W, but much better than Platinum

[3DS] Etrian Odissey IV - 62pt
[NDS] Etrian Odissey III - 51pt

Another improvement for the series, it seems

[3DS] Rune Factory IV - 38pt
[NDS] Rune Factory III - much lower than 23pt

Big improvement

[PSV] Hastune Miku: Project Diva f - 23pt
[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd - 121pt
[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend - 47pt

Considering the game will be out on 30th August, probably too early for comparisons. But, for those who are interested...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

This is SO 2006 Media Create Sales Threads. So similar to Monorojo. And so, it's awesome. Now, where's the usual spectacular PR Spin imitation from Phoenix Dark?

Much worse than B&W, but much better than Platinum

[3DS] Etrian Odissey IV - 62pt
[NDS] Etrian Odissey III - 51pt

Another improvement for the series, it seems

[3DS] Rune Factory IV - 38pt
[NDS] Rune Factory III - much lower than 23pt

Big improvement

I do expect both to reach the +100k club, with Etrian Odyssey close to 150k and Runa Factory in the 110-120k range. Nice start for this series on 3DS.

Road

Code:

Very few times a system has crossed 2 million YTD this early:

ioBmR0tkXfzOQ.JPG

In image form because Garaph is giving all sorts of errors (in the sqldirect and in the linecompare). Also an update is needed in the table descriptions. =P

P4G sales are amazing. Vita's first legit success story. Now's the long wait for Miku/LOH/Ys... but maybe the otaku can save Vita after all?

LPCS had a really good 1st week too, has a really good shot at being Grasshopper's best seller ever in Japan. I think the current record is either Shining Soul or Fatal Frame 4, and both those had 1st week's at like half this.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
This is SO 2006 Media Create Sales Threads. So similar to Monorojo. And so, it's awesome. Now, where's the usual spectacular PR Spin imitation from Phoenix Dark?
If it was 2006 you would have read Vita is closing the gap with 3DS.

Top Bottom