• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 24, 2013 (Jun 10 - Jun 16)

Yeah I think I have to accept that Square Enix just isn't interested in making 3DS titles (more so if you count worldwide) anymore. Bravely Default was the outlier, and I'm not surprised if they're porting it to mobile. They do seem interested in releasing titles for Vita since it might be easier to have a parallel development with PS3. Bummer, but that's just the way it is.
Please explain, lol.

It's easy to port between the two as we've seen with the many PS3/Vita games.
Not from Square Enix.

Oh, I'm just extrapolating from the FFX/2 HD situation and their recent comment about the Vita. Seems like if they were already doing a PS3 version, having a Vita version is a better investment than making a whole new 3DS game.
Did I miss something? Or are you talking about Nomura? He was specifically asked about Vita, that interview means nothing, unless you are a Mobile fan.

L Thammy

Not from Square Enix.

Did I miss something? Or are you talking about Nomura? He was specifically asked about Vita, that interview means nothing, unless you are a Mobile fan.

What Square Enix Vita games are there? Glancing at Wikipedia:

Army Corps of Hell
Lord of Apocalypse
Diffusion Million Authur
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2​

The first two were early, the second being multiplatform with PSP. The third is a port from iOS. The last two are multiplatform with PS3.
Is there anything else to suggest that Square Enix has interest in the platform aside from ports?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
new releases {2013.06.27}

[3DS] Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl <RPG> (Atlus) (¥6.279)
[3DS] Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥5.480)
[3DS] Starry Sky: In Summer 3D # <ADV> (Honeybee) (¥3.980)
[3DS] Starry Sky: In Summer 3D [Limited Edition] <ADV> (Honeybee) (¥5.980)

[PSV] Toukiden # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥6.090)
[PSV] Toukiden [PlayStation Vita Toukiden Demon Pack] <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥26.070)
[PSV] Memories Off: Yubikiri no Kioku <ADV> (5pb.) (¥7.140)
[PSV] Memories Off 6: Complete <ADV> (5pb.) (¥7.140)
[PSV] Sangoku Hime 2: Tenka Hatou - Saki no Keishousha # <SLG> (SystemSoft Alpha) (¥6.825)
[PSV] Sangoku Hime 2: Tenka Hatou - Saki no Keishousha [Limited Edition] <SLG> (SystemSoft Alpha) (¥8.925)
[PSV] NextRev: Care Manager Shiken <EDU> (Media-5) (¥4.800)

[PSP] Toukiden <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥5.040)
[PSP] Urakata Hakuoki # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Urakata Hakuoki [Limited Edition] <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥8.190)
[PSP] Onigokko! Portable # <ADV> (Alchemist) (¥7.140)
[PSP] Onigokko! Portable [Limited Edition] <ADV> (Alchemist) (¥8.379)
[PSP] School Wars: Graduation Front # <ADV> (QuinRose) (¥6.300)
[PSP] School Wars: Graduation Front [Deluxe Edition] <ADV> (QuinRose) (¥8.925)
[PSP] Solomon's Ring: Chi no Shou # <ADV> (Plan Peace) (¥3.129)
[PSP] Solomon's Ring: Chi no Shou [Limited Edition] <ADV> (Plan Peace) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Starry Sky: After Autumn Portable # <ADV> (Honeybee) (¥3.129)
[PSP] Starry Sky: After Autumn Portable [Limited Edition] <ADV> (Honeybee) (¥5.019)
[PSP] Starry Sky: After Autumn Portable - Twin Pack <ADV> (Honeybee) (¥6.090)

[WIU] Injustice: Gods Among Us <FTG> (Warner Entertainment Japan) (¥7.280)
[WIU] F1 Race Stars: Powered Up Edition <RCE> (Codemasters) (¥7.140)

[PS3] Gundam Breaker <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥7.980)
[PS3] Atelier Escha & Logy: The Alchemist of Empty Twilight # <RPG> (Gust) (¥7.140)
[PS3] Atelier Escha & Logy: The Alchemist of Empty Twilight [Premium Box] <RPG> (Gust) (¥10.290)
[PS3] Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 <ACT> (CyberFront) (¥8.190)
[PS3] Memories Off: Yubikiri no Kioku # <ADV> (5pb.) (¥7.140)
[PS3] Memories Off: Yubikiri no Kioku [Limited Edition] <ADV> (5pb.) (¥9.240)
[PS3] Memories Off 6: Complete # <ADV> (5pb.) (¥7.140)
[PS3] Memories Off 6: Complete [Limited Edition] <ADV> (5pb.) (¥9.240)
[PS3] Date A Live: Rine Utopia # <ADV> (Compile Heart) (¥7.140)
[PS3] Date A Live: Rine Utopia [Limited Edition] <ADV> (Compile Heart) (¥9.240)
[PS3] Injustice: Gods Among Us <FTG> (Warner Entertainment Japan) (¥7.280)
[PS3] The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Kai HD Edition <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) (¥3.990)
[PS3] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition <RPG> (Bethesda Softworks) (¥7.140)
[PS3] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PlayStation3 the Best) <RPG> (Bethesda Softworks) (¥2.940)
[PS3] Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition - Twin Pack (Reprint) <ADV> (Capcom) (¥4.490)
[PS3] Touch, Shot! Love Application (CH Selection) <ADV> (Compile Heart) (¥3.990)
[PS3] FIFA 13 (EA Super Hits) <SPT> (Electronic Arts) (¥1.995)

[360] Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 <ACT> (CyberFront) (¥8.190)
[360] A-Train HX: Complete Edition <SLG> (Artdink) (¥6.090)
[360] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition <RPG> (Bethesda Softworks) (¥7.140)
[360] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Platinum Collection) <RPG> (Bethesda Softworks) (¥2.940)
[360] Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition (Rockstar Classics) <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) (¥3.990)
[360] FIFA 13 (EA Super Hits) <SPT> (Electronic Arts) (¥1.995)

Alrus

Interesting week coming up, with Toukiden, New Etrian Odyssey, Gundam and Digimon. Excited to see how those perform.

Road

They have Mario Party 9 at 3,114,248 units...? That number must be mixed up with something else.

haha

Time to send Dengeki my nth e-mail asking if there's maybe something wrong. Looking at past sales, Wii Sports Resort is the game closest to that LTD.

Speaking of Dengeki, the new GAF layout limits the
Code:
 block dynamically instead of a fixed size, [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60252985&postcount=545"]so you can usually see more stuff in it[/URL] without having to scroll. On the other hand, the font is bigger now, eating more space.

Anyone knows if PSO2 pack2 retail version on 17.06 is pc game with code that works in pc and vita versions or there are separate skus ?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Speaking of Dengeki, the new GAF layout limits the
Code:
 block dynamically instead of a fixed size, [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60252985&postcount=545"]so you can usually see more stuff in it[/URL] without having to scroll. On the other hand, the font is bigger now, eating more space.[/QUOTE]

Font size is a problem again. I'll see if it's possible to put software information into code without having to scroll.

Well the Vita at least has proven it's a viable platform for niche and semi-niche software. The Wii U can't even claim that.

The Wii U hasn't really had an software though.

Wait until the second half of the year. I'm sure Wii U software sales will easily best Vita software sales, no problem.

Top Bottom