• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 24, 2014 (Jun 09 - Jun 15)

Metallix87

It's basically nothing.

One question asking if Sony consoles are included in future plans for the DQ franchise

Answer: There is a possibility

The other question asking if in there's a possibility of DQ games for Vita.

Oh, so it's really nothing. The way the other poster worded it sounded much more concrete.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It's basically nothing.

One question asking if Sony consoles are included in future plans for the DQ franchise

Eh so it's just a polite way of saying no, don't know why I expected more lol.

L~A

Comgnet's retail chain preorder comparisons, as of June 23rd, 2014

[NDS] Inazuma Eleven 3 - 99pt + 97pt = 196pt
[3DS] Yokai Watch 2 - 446pt + 342pt = 788pt

[PSV] Freedom Wars - 157pt

[3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS - 100pt

[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride Wars - 153pt + 63pt = 216pt
[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride Wars 2 - 87pt + 30pt = 117pt

[3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb - 39pt
[3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jikuu Daibouken - 39pt

[PS4] Watch Dogs - 35pt
[PS3] Watch Dogs - 15pt

Great for Youkai Watch... Guess it's going to reach 1000pts before release.

Super SMash Bros. on 3DS is performing well so far, release is still far away.

Taiko... damn, talk about consistency :p

It's basically nothing.

there-s-a-chance-dumb-and-dumb_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

had to lol

L~A

Dragon Quest X probably will, if not on Vita, definitely on PS3 and PS4.

By the way, is crossplay supported between the Wii U and PC version?

Pretty sure it is. Which is why I'm not that convinced about a PS version. Nintendo doesn't seem to mind crossplatform online (if a bunch of indies can do it, I'm sure Squeenix could if they asked... since they're already doing it with the PC version anyway), but not SOny.... then again, I'm sure Sony wouldn't mind bending their rules for a bit if that meant a DQ game on their system.

Edit: actually, DQX is crossplatform between Wii U / Wii / PC.

Pretty sure it is. Which is why I'm not that convinced about a PS version. Nintendo doesn't seem to mind crossplatform online (if a bunch of indies can do it, I'm sure Squeenix could if they asked... since they're already doing it with the PC version anyway), but not SOny.... then again, I'm sure Sony wouldn't mind bending their rules for a bit if that meant a DQ game on their system.

Edit: actually, DQX is crossplatform between Wii U / Wii / PC.
Sony is against console to console crossplatform? I thought they were open to it?

And Nintendo being open to PC doesn't mean they are open to PS4, if we go by what you just posted, that's exactly how Sony operates (see FFXIV).

I'm still waiting for Final Fantasy XI on the Vita, that was actually announced by Square-Enix in the past.
A lot of things were announced for Vita in the past.

L~A

Sony is against console to console crossplatform? I thought they were open to it?

And Nintendo being open to PC doesn't mean they are open to PS4, if we go by what you just posted, that's exactly how Sony operates (see FFXIV).

I may bit mis-remebering stuff, but I don't think we have a sinle cross-platform (PS3 / 360 for example) game, have we? I don't mean just leaderboards and stuff.

RalchAC

There's a possibility mean it will not happen on Vita

Yeah, that's the executive way to say no without saying no.

Not yet. So far they released 1, 4, 8. and 10 (via that cloud thing). 2 will be released tomorrow 6/26.

Thanks. Do we know if they are planning to release DQ9 no smartphones too?

I'm still waiting for Final Fantasy XI on the Vita, that was actually announced by Square-Enix in the past.

Wouldn't it be better to release a game that is new? I mean, FFXI servers are still up (which surprised me, I thought they weren't) but that game is quite old. In the meanwhile you have DQX and FFXIV (you can play the later via RP, right?) which are not so old, should have more consistent updates (haven't checked though) and a bigger potential to expand their userbase in the short / mid-term.

FFXI will be bought by the few dedicated players that are still there and some nostalgics.

Takao

Banned

I don't think that was ever officially announced. I recall vague, "Wouldn't it be nice if this was on Vita?" comments from SE employees, but if I had a dollar for every time an SE employee showed interest in doing something on Vita I'd have at least enough to buy lunch.

L~A

Media Create:

3DS LL 21,459
Vita 11,937
Wii U 10,715
PS4 7,009
PS3 6,339
3DS 4,852
PSP 2,335
Vita TV 1,444
Xbox 360 214

urfe

Media Create:

3DS LL 21,459
Vita 11,937
Wii U 10,715
PS4 7,009
PS3 6,339
3DS 4,852
PSP 2,335
Vita TV 1,444
Xbox 360 214

Hurts every month to see such low numbers.

As someone (in Japan) with zero interest in the PS4, I'm surprised it's so high.

Takao

Banned
If they can't get XI running on the Vita even after announcing it for the public, I have no hope for XIV and DQX.
I don't think anyone at Square even humored the thought of porting ARR to Vita. It would have held the game back even more so than PS3 currently is. IIRC they retooled the HUD for Remote Play usage.

That leak was real, every thing else came true. Byo2 was cancelled until Nintendo saved it.

I wonder what will changed if vita have mh as a launch title.

Next to nothing? MHP3rd is a game that sold 5 million copies in Japan. Some launch buyers may have made it their game of choice but I doubt it would have convinced a bunch of people to buy the platform.

Top Bottom