• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 26, 2013 (Jun 24 - Jun 30)

Anything in the range between 15k and 25k seems reasonable to me.

Edit: if Luigi bros hhas released as well, I would expect at least 30k.

With New Super Luigi, Pikmin 3, a new Premium SKU, and a Nintendo Land bundle all launching on Saturday, 30K is my minimum hope. I'm not expecting it, I'm accepting it may be lower, but if it can't pull 30K this week, it'll be a tough 4 years.

Yeshua

Yeah I don't know- that was also 9 years ago- kind of difficult to gauge how popular the series is now.

We will see.

That plus the uncertainty of the Wii U future (efficiency of the new marketing campaign + potential price drop in the coming months) make every prediction difficult. Definitely one of the most interesting title to follow in the coming months.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Question is, what's the hype level for Pikmin 3 in Japan? I mean is it trending well on Amazon? Pre-orders in actual stores? Word of mouth? Someone in Japan should chime in.

allan-bh

Does the game even offer a bundle? Seriously, I have no clue.

I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment. The week before Vita hit 60k it sold over 10k.

White Premium + Pikmin 3 + New Super Luigi U + Nintendo Land Wiimote bundle.

I believe in 50k because os this combination, it's not Pikmin alone.

Question is, what's the hype level for Pikmin 3 in Japan? I mean is it trending well on Amazon? Pre-orders in actual stores? Word of mouth? Someone in Japan should chime in.

It's reasonably high on the Famitsu most wanted list :p

In stores, there's brochures explaining the game/Wii U, posters, and stuff about the game. You can already buy the pre-paid download cards.

BOiz2LXCYAAmTbH.jpg:large

Tenki

It's reasonably high on the Famitsu most wanted list :p

In stores, there's brochures explaining the game/Wii U, posters, and stuff about the game. You can already buy the pre-paid download cards.

Does anyone know where can I find more of that Pikmin art? I mean the draw/manga.

Are these hourly rankings? Because that and Dragon's Crown trending higher than M&L4 can't possibly reflect sales potential.

Also, Dangan Ronpa Vita is first.

Yeah, I think it is. Not worthy then.

What are the first two games? I mean the first one seems like a VITA one, which is surprising.

Dangan Ronpa 1 & 2 Reload for Vita and EDF4 for PS3.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I don't think this deserves a thread, so...from David Gibson's Twitter account

https://mobile.twitter.com/gibbogame

Nintendo will report 1Q results on 31st July but there will be no investor briefing as per usual for 1Q, no questions on region-free games

Nintendo -Nikkei reports it will integrate Japanese (150 people) and foreign sales departments (70+) to stop overlap e.nikkei.com/e/ac/tnks/Nni2…

Nikkei story also says its because of "more games being released simultaneously worldwide instead of debuting domestically"- region free?

Bummer about no Q1 Investor briefing. It's true it's always happened, because they consider Q1 the least important period of the year, but I still hoped to see something different this year. Expected, but still bummmer :(

At least, Analyst briefing back in June and the last Q&A gave us some good infos on sales, after all.

I don't think this deserves a thread, so...from David Gibson's Twitter account

https://mobile.twitter.com/gibbogame

Bummer about no Q1 Investor briefing. It's true it's always happened, because they consider Q1 the least important period of the year, but I still hoped to see something different this year. Expected, but still bummmer :(

At least, Analyst briefing back in June and the last Q&A gave us some good infos on sales, after all.

It'll be interesting to see if they made a profit this quarter. They only launched 2 retail games in Japan in Q1 and 4 in NA. Not sure about Europe.

Still, at the very least Animal Crossing & Tomodachi Collection should have netted them 1M to 1.5M copies each in that time frame. And I suppose most of Luigi's sales would fit into Q1 too since it launched at the end of Q4 last financial year.

Bruno MB

Famitsu

3DS - 38.250
PSV - 21.197
PS3 - 12.162
Wii U - 6.380

Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3) - 127.763
Earth Defense Force 2025 (360) - 16.499

Toukiden (PSV) - 37.340 / 165.084

DaBoss

MC:
3DS - 44,222
Vita - 20,776
PS3 - 11,683
Wii U - 8,251

Who knew? Marketing makes the Wii U sell better. No way.

Vinnk

Better than Nintendo has done for a while. But my elementary students don't know what Pikmin 3 is and that is not good news. They ARE excited about physical Luigi U though.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
MC:
3DS - 44,222
Vita - 20,776
PS3 - 11,683
Wii U - 8,251

Who knew? Marketing makes the Wii U sell better. No way.
They start marketing... as they start having games to market!

The Luigi Mansion US ad, the japanese Pikmin one... this how a Nintendo ad should always be made: include Nintendo CG mascots into people everyday lives.

Top Bottom