• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 27, 2013 (Jul 01 - Jul 07)

Kid Ying

I just saw on Azalyn that at some shops Pikmin and Luigy were undeshipped and people without reservation were screwed, or maybe i've just readed wring.

Takao

Banned
Soul Sacrifice should have been PS3 game as well. VITA is a joke when it comes to software sales

Why would you post something this stupid in a Media Create thread? If this was an NPD thread you may have had a point, but Vita software performs above its weight in Japan.

Sinobi is sharing interesting stuff recently. Now it's Mario & Luigi RPG 4's turn.

Sales:

2003■GBA「Mario &Luigi RPG」438.781
2005■NDS「Mario &Luigi RPG 2」417.391
2009■NDS「Mario &Luigi RPG 3」745.701
2013■3DS「Mario &Luigi RPG 4」¿?

The series sell around 400k, but the third entry exploded. The blog says that the feeling is that Mario & Luigi RPG 4 will fall on sales and return to the 400k level.

For Pikmin 3's impressions you should wait a little. Probably tomorrow we have some comments.
Don't see this happening, Nintendo's Mario games on 3DS is doing pretty well, I think this will get to number 3's sales.

Alot of people was also not happy with Paper Mario, I'm sure the traditional battles in this one will draw in alot of these players.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Any further word on JPN Pikmin 3 first day sales? Any confirmation of under-shipments?

It is still readily available online from what I have seen.

I'm going to stick with a 110K prediction or so.

Kid Ying

Pikmin 3 is number 1 on the eshop rankings, that was expected, but it also propelled games like Pokemon Scramble (eshop exclusive) and DQX on it, so maybe some people got the Wiiu for the first time and are buying those games.

Next week on hardware will be interesting.

Also: Pikmin is still in stock on amazon, but it's sold out on Amiami. Luigy is in stock for both.

hiska-kun

GamesMaya is reporting good movement for Pikmin 3 and Youkai Watch.

Also reports that a lot of people bought Wii U for Pikmin 3.

Otherwise, Yosipooh reports almost no movement in its store.

So different feelings. We should wait to MC numbers.

Frodo

This waiting is killing me...

Thanks for the info!

That doesn't help ease the suspense of waiting, lol.

I found many Wii U + Pikmin 3 pics, posted some a few pages back.

Most of you are expecting Wii U to sell more than 30k right? I still think that's a bit too much, 20k for sure.

schuelma

Most of you are expecting Wii U to sell more than 30k right? I still think that's a bit too much, 20k for sure.

I am- remember the white premium came out the same day.

Will be interesting..hard to get a handle on sales. I don't think we even have any shipment info..

20k would be a pretty bad result because unless there is a price drop in japan, next week will be the biggest wii u week for the next 4 months. Wonderful 101 isn'y going to push hardware much.

Doesn't change the fact that the Wii U needs a price drop.

I really dont think so in japan. The barren lineup is the problem. A price drop would put the system at the same price as the XL. If they can pricedrop in japan they can afford a massive onein the west. At 199/20k yen the system could have a huge holiday though

L Thammy

Pikmin certainly won't cause that bump, but there's a new bundle as well.

Why would you post something this stupid in a Media Create thread? If this was an NPD thread you may have had a point, but Vita software performs above its weight in Japan.

Moreover, Soul Sacrifice is exactly the type of game that should be found on handhelds.

schuelma

I really dont think so in japan. The barren lineup is the problem. A price drop would put the system at the same price as the XL

I think it could help, as far as getting the premium down to the original Wii price, but yeah, I agree that it is probably less of an issue in Japan compared to other regions.

L Thammy

The big problem is that a Wii U price drop will convince buyers that these dramatic early price drops are a regular event. It's better to increase the system's value via bundles, deals, etc.

The big problem is that a Wii U price drop will convince buyers that these dramatic early price drops are a regular event.

A 5k yen drop wouldn't be dramatic. I don't really think worrying about next gen in 5-6 years and how consumerswill react is a wise decision. The focus should be right now to move Wii Us.

I am- remember the white premium came out the same day.

Will be interesting..hard to get a handle on sales. I don't think we even have any shipment info..
I know, and from all the pictures I found, most bought the White Premium. Yamada Denki was giving some freebies too, lol.

92Kh1bfl.jpg

Frodo

The big problem is that a Wii U price drop will convince buyers that these dramatic early price drops are a regular event. It's better to increase the system's value via bundles, deals, etc.

I agree with this. make new bundles, promotions, special editions and et cetera.

Buy a Premium Wii U with Nintendo Land and get other 2 games (retail titles) on the eShop for free, things like that. Makes it easier to impulse buy when it is like this.

L Thammy

A 5k yen drop wouldn't be dramatic. I don't really think worrying about next gen in 5-6 years and how consumerswill react is a wise decision. The focus should be right now to move Wii Us.

Software, bundles, and advertisement are other avenues to increasing system sales. The price drop may not have a major sustained effect by itself. And, of course, there's a lasting detrimental effect.

Software, bundles, and advertisement are other avenues to increasing system sales. The price drop may not have a major sustained effect by itself. And, of course, there's a lasting detrimental effect.

Oh i agree, but i dont think worrying about people 5 years from now should be the reason for no price drop. Maybe they just SKU swap the deluxe for 25k yen and throw in game and wario and morestorage in a newdeluxe

Nekki

Now that I work almost all day I can't follow these threads anymore.. what are the news regarding the 3DS situation??

L Thammy

Oh i agree, but i dont think worrying about people 5 years from now should be the reason for no price drop. Maybe they just SKU swap the deluxe for 25k yen and throw in game and wario and morestorage in a newdeluxe

Fair enough. But I do suspect that the 3DS' price drop has negatively impacted the perception of the Wii U's price ("I'll wait for the price drop").

Now that I work almost all day I can't follow these threads anymore.. what are the news regarding the 3DS situation??

It's still going strong. Or do you mean compared to DS?

Top Bottom