• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 27, 2017 (Jul 03 - Jul 09)

casiopao

That is good news for both Hey and Ever then.^^

But about Arzest being much hated. Isn't that mostly from the hardcore fans? As their games always seems to do quite well to the general gamer there.^^

LordKano

That is good news for both Hey and Ever then.^^

But about Arzest being much hated. Isn't that mostly from the hardcore fans? As their games always seems to do quite well to the general gamer there.^^

It might be because Yoshi's New Island is pure trash and another failed attempt at releasing a decent Yoshi game since SMW2.

Good thing Good Feel stepped up to the plate with Woolly World. I wonder if they're developing the new Yoshi game for Switch (it seems like it).

Vena

Nintendo Switch

(=) 01. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Mojang) [12.5.2017]
(N) 02. Implosion (Flyhigh Works) [06.7.2017]
(-1) 03. Snipperclips: Cut it out, together! (Nintendo) [03.3.2017]
(N) 04. Shephy (Arc System Works) [06.7.2017]
(=) 05. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) [28.4.2017]
(N) 06. ACA NeoGeo Metal Slug 2 (Hamster) [06.7.2017]
(-4) 07. ARMS (Nintendo) [16.3.2017]
(N) 08. I and Me (Rainy Frog) [06.7.2017]
(=) 09. Human Resource Machine (Flyhigh Works) [08.6.2017]
(-3) 10. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo) [03.3.2017]

These ports of mobile games are doing surprisingly well. Voez really capitalized on the launch window (and good impressions) and now Implosion is just a solid ass PS2-style game.

Also did GoNNER not release in Japan? That game has slowly crept up the NA eShop from the strong WoM it has on Steam and other communities.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
These ports of mobile games are doing surprisingly well. Voez really capitalized on the launch window (and good impressions) and now Implosion is just a solid ass PS2-style game.

Also did GoNNER not release in Japan? That game has slowly crept up the NA eShop from the strong WoM it has on Steam and other communities.

GoNNER is also available in Japan, and it actually appeared in last week's eShop chart.

Also, a little explanation on games "going up": this happens because eShop Charts on Switch/3DS/Wii U track the latest two weeks (for example, charts seen today track the period between June 30th and July 14th). Basically, games at launch (so, with a few hours of sales availability) are placed in the same charts as titles that have been available for the tracked period / over the tracked period. As time goes on and as recent releases increase their sales naturally, they go up in charts since they have a bigger amount of downloads included in the tracked period.

While it's a peculiar tracking, it can help in understanding which games are seriously doing pretty well on the storefront: new releases that don't take too much time to get to the higher places of charts are those that probably had decent-to-good initial sales. If a new release obtains to gain the top spot shortly after its release, you know it's a good-to-great seller.

For example, we'll probably have to track milliseconds to properly measure the time Splatoon 2 will take to top the charts once released /s

Although there are some technical hiccups here and there, in general the two Rayark games on Switch are very solid and fun to play. I really enjoy VOEZ. The songs are great, and the gameplay is good (even though it's touchscreen-only). Framedrops are a bit of a bummer, but it doesn't weigh up to the things the game does right. Implosion I haven't played that much yet.

L~A

How much has Snipperclips sold? Geez it's high up there all the time.

A lot.

GoNNER is also available in Japan, and it actually appeared in last week's eShop chart.

Also, a little explanation on games "going up": this happens because eShop Charts on Switch/3DS/Wii U track the latest two weeks (for example, charts seen today track the period between June 30th and July 14th). Basically, games at launch (so, with a few hours of sales availability) are placed in the same charts as titles that have been available for the tracked period / over the tracked period. As time goes on and as recent releases increase their sales naturally, they go up in charts since they have a bigger amount of downloads included in the tracked period.

While it's a peculiar tracking, it can help in understanding which games are seriously doing pretty well on the storefront: new releases that don't take too much time to get to the higher places of charts are those that probably had decent-to-good initial sales. If a new release obtains to gain the top spot shortly after its release, you know it's a good-to-great seller.

For example, we'll probably have to track milliseconds to properly measure the time Splatoon 2 will take to top the charts once released /s

Only those on the actual eShop. The weekly chart on Nintendo's website are strictly weekly.

Mpl90

A lot.

Only those on the actual eShop. The weekly chart on Nintendo's website are strictly weekly.

Oh yeah, sure. Probably saying "eShop Charts on Switch/3DS/Wii U" wasn't clear enough to convey how this happens by checking them right on the systems :p

Mpl90

Japanese Nintendo eShop Charts - as of July 14th, 2017, 13:55 GMT {2017.06.30 - 2017.07.14}

01. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Mojang/Microsoft)
02. SnipperClips: Cut it out together! (Nintendo)
03. Implosion (Flyhigh Works)
04. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo)
05. Arms (Nintendo)
06. Shephy (Arc System Works)
07. Human Resource Machine (Tomorrow Corporation)
08. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)
09. Kamiko (Circle)
10. ACA NeoGeo: Metal Slug 2 (Hamster)
11. ACA NeoGeo: Metal Slug 3 (Hamster)
12. Levels + : Addictive puzzle game (flow)
13. ACA NeoGeo: Fatal Fury Special (Hamster)
14. Lego City Undercover (Warner Bros. Interactive)
15. I and me (Ratalaika Games)

Regiruler

Although there are some technical hiccups here and there, in general the two Rayark games on Switch are very solid and fun to play. I really enjoy VOEZ. The songs are great, and the gameplay is good (even though it's touchscreen-only). Framedrops are a bit of a bummer, but it doesn't weigh up to the things the game does right. Implosion I haven't played that much yet.

What causes the framedrops? I thought I've been noticing some weird things but I thought I was crazy.

Mostly though the faster notes really just start to blend, but I don't know if that's my eyes or the technology failing.

KAORIII

Neo Member
PREDICTION LEAGUE DRAGON QUEST XI EDITION

Predict how much these titles will sell in the week (from Jul 24 to Jul 30):

[PS4] PlayStation 4 Hardware (7 days) - 87600
[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (7 days) - 58000
[PS4] Dragon Quest XI (2 days) - 876000
[3DS] Dragon Quest XI (2 days) - 802720

ethomaz

Banned

[PS4] PlayStation 4 Hardware (7 days) - 65k
[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (7 days) - 42k
[PS4] Dragon Quest XI (2 days) - 1.1m
[3DS] Dragon Quest XI (2 days) - 900k

[PS4] PlayStation 4 Hardware (7 days) - 80K
[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (7 days) - 60K
[PS4] Dragon Quest XI (2 days) - 1.25 million
[3DS] Dragon Quest XI (2 days) - 1.1 million

Going to be overly optimistic for something a bit different. I'm thinking I'll either be first or last (probably last).

Oh yeah. Moor is joining Switch train here.^_^ what game u are getting there?

Mario Odyssey

with all those family scalpers it will be hard to get one, I just wanted to try the lottery one time

Truth is I should come when they make lottery during middle of the week: dad's at work, children at school, only mom's and obaasan (grandma's) busy at supermarket :D

They were selling 20 TWENTY units...

see you nintendo switch, hope I don't have to join a lottery in October also or probably nintendo won't see my money

casiopao

Mario Odyssey

with all those family scalpers it will be hard to get one, I just wanted to try the lottery one time

Truth is I should come when they make lottery during middle of the week: dad's at work, children at school, only mom's and obaasan (grandma's) busy at supermarket :D

Well. That is still quite far away lol. I am getting one in December here hope i will had the chance for one when Xeno 2 is released lol.

Damn. How long was the line?

No line !

Here is how it works :

you just go to the raffle table from 9:00 to 10:00 am, Bic Camera staff ask you which colour you want, then they give you the number
hc7uEHO.jpg

once you get the number you can do whatever you want until 11:00, you can even come back home and check the result from twitter
CDan6Li.jpg

then at 11:00 am the results are showed up, 20 fucking units were available... and each Switch colour has two different coloured tickets, so your probability are even less -_-
6d2fbQ9.jpg

926 grey was extracted, I had 921 -_-

I think it's Iwata giving you a sign that the superior color scheme is Neon.

the yellow one? not bad maybe, didn't see it yet; the red/blue I really don't like, especially the red one, it looks like a clear red/almost pink and gave me really a plastic feeling

I should go next week for the Splatoon madness

What's not clear for me is: there were 4 colours, each one from 0 to 999, so 4,000 tickets available; I really don't think all those tickets were reserved, I arrived at 9:10 and I might say around 150-200 people got the tickets, so if one of those extracted numbers was no assigned, what Bic Camera do?
Maybe if some unit is left they put on sales after 15:00 ??
I should investigate...

LordKano

I was wondering what would be the point of making an One Piece VR game where you can't leave the boat.
Adventures and events only unique to virtual reality will unfold, including navy shooting battles and communication events in which you'll become closer with the Straw Hat Pirates.
One-Piece-VR-Teaser-Site_07-15-17_003.jpg

Now I get it.
It's Summer Lesson

Top Bottom