• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 28, 2017 (Jul 10 - Jul 16)

Road to 1mln retail

20./25. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.11.29} (¥8.800) - 2.180 / 992.453 <80-100%> (+46%)

24./18. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition # <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} (¥2.400) - 2.012 / 992.216 <80-100%> (-8%)

I've seen a Minecraft bundle for Vita at Bic Camera last week while I was waiting for the lottery, but I forgot when it's released, surely it will help :)

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
If Switch hardware numbers jump considerably when Splatoon 2 is released I'm going to be really disappointed. It'll show that Nintendo had been holding back Switch units from being sold earlier. That is a crappy way to do business.

If Switch hardware numbers jump considerably when Splatoon 2 is released I'm going to be really disappointed. It'll show that Nintendo had been holding back Switch units from being sold earlier. That is a crappy way to do business.

welcome to the real world :D

anyway Bic Camera is holding a lottery both tomorrow and saturday

it's gonna be huuuuuuuge

D.Lo

Not if they had bundles prepared. They couldn't exactly have sold Splatoon bundles early.

Not really, all companies hold stock back for specific times, guess its crappy to hold stock back for Christmas too?

I think the low end for what they will have in stock this week is 75k. Even if they don't have a huge surge like everyone wants, I hope they can get a higher consistent baseline around 40k in the weeks following.

Xbro

It's better to have a system on the week something releases than to have some on empty weeks

boiled goose

good with gravy

Wut.

Either it's a temporary jump. (Almost irrelevant). 100k in one week vs 30k instead of 20k for a few weeks

Or it's a sustained jump (increased production)

Neither is crappy in itself.

What's crappy is underestimating demand.

Road to 1mln retail

I've seen a Minecraft bundle for Vita at Bic Camera last week while I was waiting for the lottery, but I forgot when it's released, surely it will help :)

Poor people, Minecraft on Vita is a disappointment, the game has severe slowdowns and after a while animations get all fucked up like eating and harvesting.

KtSlime

I'm predicting 50k Switches sold for Splatoon 2 week.

That would be really strange, it would mean that if they started making Splatoon 2 Switch bundles after they announced them in May, that they only made about 2000 of them per week. Doesn't that strike you as too few?

KtSlime

Nice. It's good to know that a decent chunk of sales will still be tracked then.

I do think that Splatoon will sell quite a few download version (comparatively speaking) because people have gotten tired of waiting for Amazon/Yamato, and there was a 500 yen coupon with ARMS, as well as it being an constantly updated online title that people do not often sell (you don't see many used copies of Splatoon at places like BookOff).

Oh, and I want to preemptively say Fuck you Amazon/Yamato, I just know that I will be waiting until after 5:30PM tomorrow for Splatoon, like they made me wait all day for my Switch and Pokemon Moon before that.

hiska-kun

IMG_7512.jpg

This is the normal price you will find NieR and FFXV in Japan, on >90% of stores. You can realize which one is on sale.
Obviously, there might be isolated stores that have NieR on sale as well, but that's not the norm, and it's the same of FFXV being for ~2.000¥ or less on some stores as well.

The fun fact is that even Persona 5 is still full priced lol

KtSlime

This is the normal price you will find NieR and FFXV in Japan, on >90% of stores. You can realize which one is on sale.
Obviously, there might be isolated stores that have NieR on sale as well, but that's not the norm, and it's the same of FFXV being for ~2.000¥ or less on some stores as well.

The fun fact is that even Persona 5 is still full priced lol

The &#38480;&#23450;&#29305;&#20385; means that they will reduce the price by even more in a limited time... =)

KtSlime

They always do this &#38480;&#23450;&#29305;&#20385; and then they say, we extend the promotion two weeks more, and more and more.

Digital versions bundles are also tracked.

Yeah, &#38480;&#23450; only ever means something (limited time) when it is something people want/like.

MoonFrog

I really want to see nice healthy sales for DQXI. That'll make me happy.

I also want vague user impressions (both good and honest, preferably :p).

And I want SE, shortly after release, to announce all versions for the west with a no greater than six months turn-around :p.

And then I want to agonize over whether I should indeed get both versions :p.

The mix of hype and realizing I won't play it for quite a while...

I really want to see nice healthy sales for DQXI. That'll make me happy.

I also want vague user impressions (both good and honest, preferably :p).

And I want SE, shortly after release, to announce all versions for the west with a no greater than six months turn-around :p.

And then I want to agonize over whether I should indeed get both versions :p.

The mix of hype and realizing I won't play it for quite a while...
DQXI is 100% coming to the West and I bet it can be released in early 2018 but the 3DS version is a bit of a wild card mainly due to the Switch version.

Vena

Dunno why, but at least with the friend I speak to and the way they portray it, this DQ is a bit subdued. I didn't think much of it (they are uni) but then listening to 8-4 podcast and they also expressed a similar feeling.

Its odd.

Dunno why, but at least with the friend I speak to and the way they portray it, this DQ is a bit subdued. I didn't think much of it (they are uni) but then listening to 8-4 podcast and they also expressed a similar feeling.

Its odd.
The ads from SE are all banking hard on nostalgia to sell the game. They show grown men that are fans of the series excited to play XI. Did they attempt same marketing with DQIX?

But FF XV (PS4) reached 1 million 2 weeks ago (Same week Switch reached 1 million).
If you count digital, it reached 1 million quite a while ago and should be closer to 1.1 million by now.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
This week there will be two lotteries in Bic Camera.

The first one on Friday 21st, for the Splatoon 2 Bundle Set.
The following day, Saturday 22nd, will be for standalone console (both colours).

http://www.biccamera.co.jp/shopguide/news/nintendo_switch/index.html
Maybe it's Bic Camera's policy but unless they didn't accept preorders at all for Splatoon bundle and go only with lottery, this store gets a very limited amount of them. You could preorder it at almost every retailer, for the limited time it was available.

hiska-kun

Maybe it's Bic Camera's policy but unless they didn't accept preorders at all for Splatoon bundle and go only with lottery, this store gets a very limited amount of them. You could preorder it at almost every retailer, for the limited time it was available.

They had pre-orders, but they closed them the same day they opened (Same story for most retailers).
This is an extra shipment.

In other words, Bic Camera will have 2 lotteries this week, + the pre-ordered bundles.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
If Mario Kart (and Arms I think) are indicators there will be Switch systems available on Friday alongside the bundle, apart from the lotteries next day.

Unless you are a very small retailer maybe.

MoonFrog

Yeah I hope Switch has a good week again. Would be nice if it heralded an uptick in the weekly shipments too.

We'll see though...

allan-bh

Nintendo should have at least 100k consoles this week. Splatoon 2 deserves. But probably will not happen. I'm thinking 70k-80k at maximum.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Code:
+-----------------+-----+---------+---------+---------+
|      Week       | BIC |   M-C   |   FAM   |   DEN   |
| May 22 - May 28 |  93 |  27.146 |  27.440 |  24.612 |
| May 29 - Jun 04 |  84 |  23.524 |  25.274 |  24.735 |
| Jun 05 - Jun 11 |  83 |  27.291 |  28.293 |  29.020 |
| Jun 12 - Jun 18 |  99 |  37.709 |  49.440 |  43.850 |
| Jun 19 - Jun 25 |  59 |  22.361 |  26.964 |  22.495 |
| Jun 26 - Jul 02 |  54 |  25.805 |  24.736 |  25.442 |
| Jul 03 - Jul 09 | 120 |  26.256 |  36.143 |  32.769 |
| Jul 10 - Jul 16 |  63 |  31.906 |  25.154 |         |
| Jul 17 - Jul 23 |     |         |         |         |

Famitsu seems to follow Bic Camera's shipments.

If Mario Kart (and Arms I think) are indicators there will be Switch systems available on Friday alongside the bundle, apart from the lotteries next day.

Seems like we may see potentially three restocks/lotteries total this week.

MY1G6.gif

&#332;kami;243971140 said:
http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/xbox-one-x

Spencer said it was coming, so an official site is up, not launching alongside everywhere else, just "Coming Soon"

jurassic_park_water_9902.jpg

Zedark

In what way are they indicators for this right now?

They probably don't wanted to sell the Splatoon2 bundles before the game releases? &#128526;

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
The problem with Splatoon is that Friday release will miss again first day sell-through.

If the blog is in mood it will leak initial shipment info.

Top Bottom