• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 29, 2014 (Jul 14 - Jul 20)

PREDICTION LEAGUE AUGUST 2014

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Jul 28 to Aug 31):

[3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes 2 (25 days) - 105k
[PS3+360] Ultra Street Fighter 4 (25 days) - 45k
[3DS] Senran Kagura 2 (25 days) - 100k
[WIU] Hyrule Warriors (18 days) - 75k
[PS4] The Last of Us Remastered (11 days) - 50k
[PSV+PSP] Toukiden Kiwami (4 days) - 140k
[PS3+360] Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (4 days) - 85k
[PSV] LoveLive! School Idol Paradise Vol. 1 / 2 / 3 (4 days) - 60k

Road

[3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes 2 (25 days) - 133,333
[PS3+360] Ultra Street Fighter 4 (25 days) - 66,666
[3DS] Senran Kagura 2 (25 days) - 99,999
[WIU] Hyrule Warriors (18 days) - 111,111
[PS4] The Last of Us Remastered (11 days) - 33,333
[PSV+PSP] Toukiden Kiwami (4 days) - 122,222
[PS3+360] Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (4 days) - 111,111
[PSV] LoveLive! School Idol Paradise Vol. 1 / 2 / 3 (4 days) - 55,555

----------------

GungHo first two quarters (Jan-Jun): http://www.gungho.co.jp/ir/uploads/irk20140729_1.pdf

Sales: +26.4%
Operating Profit: +19.1%
Net income: +13.9%

Growth is slowing down. Time to go 3rd party.

Found an awesome looking SIMPLE DL 3DS eShop game by D3 that looks very Custom Robo-ish in the banner, but no screens yet sadly:

0_53d78b12d52f2.png

http://www.d3p.co.jp/simpleseries/page35/

Sent it to Siliconera so hopefully they translate everything, hope it's as awesome as it seemingly looks. Imagine if it was by Noise. *fingers crossed*

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Preferably both if that's possible.

The biggest recent change is that Jefferies finally downgraded them from Buy to Hold (they were an outlier at Buy) due to no longer believing that Nintendo will go mobile, causing the stock and sentiment to dip.

Full analyst report:

dy9pjXJ.png

On the vibe front, obviously Wii U sales and software should be up this quarter at least somewhat, but I'm not sure how that will compare to the impact of 3DS slowdown.

[3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes 2 (25 days) - 120k
[PS3+360] Ultra Street Fighter 4 (25 days) - 55k
[3DS] Senran Kagura 2 (25 days) - 115k
[WIU] Hyrule Warriors (18 days) - 67k
[PS4] The Last of Us Remastered (11 days) - 60k
[PSV+PSP] Toukiden Kiwami (4 days) - 155k
[PS3+360] Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (4 days) - 120k
[PSV] LoveLive! School Idol Paradise Vol. 1 / 2 / 3 (4 days) - 52k

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Capcom can't even get their cheap phone games out.

Breath of Fire 6 has been delayed until 2015. Here's a new anime trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jkoQJ4Vd-w

Well to be honest I think that's better than rushing them out.

Capcom has been bit hard in the mobile arena for the same reason they have in consoles.

They made a bunch of low quality, rushed products, and a lot of the outsourced ones were especially bad.

I doubt Breath of Fire 6 will actually appeal to the Breath of Fire fanbase, but they should at least aim to make something that appeals to someone.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Hm ok.

Although where did you find that time? I only found this:

Jul. 30, 2014 First Quarter Earnings Release [Scheduled] on Nintendo's site.

Nintendo always releases their quarter results after closing at 4:00pm Japan time.

The biggest recent change is that Jefferies finally downgraded them from Buy to Hold (they were an outlier at Buy) due to no longer believing that Nintendo will go mobile, causing the stock and sentiment to dip.

Full analyst report:

On the vibe front, obviously Wii U sales and software should be up this quarter at least somewhat, but I'm not sure how that will compare to the impact of 3DS slowdown.[/QUOTE]

[quote="vinnygambini, post: 123262505"]The following link will answer all your questions :)

[URL="http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/07/29/nintendo-earnings-what-to-watch-4/"]http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/07/29/nintendo-earnings-what-to-watch-4/[/URL][/QUOTE]

[quote="vinnygambini, post: 123273785"]3:00 AM EST[/QUOTE]

Very interesting stuff. Appreciate the info. Kind of excited to see if MK8, tomodachi, YW2, and Kirby were enough.

CANLI

Found an awesome looking SIMPLE DL 3DS eShop game by D3 that looks very Custom Robo-ish in the banner, but no screens yet sadly:

0_53d78b12d52f2.png

http://www.d3p.co.jp/simpleseries/page35/

Sent it to Siliconera so hopefully they translate everything, hope it's as awesome as it seemingly looks. Imagine if it was by Noise. *fingers crossed*

Who cares?
1. this is a D3 game
2. this is a game from a simple series
===> don't except it a lot from this

Takao

Banned
DDQ had a 2-star rating on PSN btw. On iTunes it's at 3.5 but there's a severe gulf in the amount of ratings. The Vita version has 3000+ while on iTunes it has 400+.

Also, there's a $100 IAP.

In less dreary F2P console game news, some milestones were announced recently:
- Soul Calibur: Broken Swords (PS3) hit 1 million downloads
- Ace Combat Infinity (PS3) hit 1 million downloads

- Tekken Revolution (PS3) hit 3.5 million downloads
- Destiny of Spirits (PSV) hit 500,000 downloads

Those are global totals for all games.

It seems that Bandai Namco has had a bunch of success with F2P on console. I imagine they're planning on porting those (+ Rise of the Incarnates) to PS4. Unfortunately, Ridge Racer wasn't as lucky.

GungHo first two quarters (Jan-Jun): http://www.gungho.co.jp/ir/uploads/irk20140729_1.pdf

Sales: +26.4%
Operating Profit: +19.1%
Net income: +13.9%

Growth is slowing down. Time to go 3rd party.

Dr. Serkan Toto ‏@serkantoto Puzzle & Dragons maker GungHo said yesterday it reached sales of US$932 million in the first half of 2014. Profit: US$526 million.

Ben McLannahan ‏@bmclannahan @serkantoto @gibbogame wow. Highest operating margin in the JPX-Nikkei 400. Only four stocks in the Topix higher

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/494323226864914432

Very impressive.

I feel Square Enix, Capcom, and Konami are all in pretty different positions right now.

Square Enix: Square I feel is a mixed bag company. They used to be a top dog publisher, but now they're a company with a list of failures as long as their successes. However, what's key here is that they still have a notable number of successes. FFXIV and DQX are big earning services. Tomb Raider (6.5+ million) was a huge success. They have healthy mobile revenue and a good flagship in DQM:SL. Hitman (3.6+ million shipped) and Deus Ex (2.5+ million shipped) successfully relaunched both franchises. They've had success introducing new IPs like Sleeping Dogs and Bravely Default, even if they're not the same kind of earners as the others. DQ still performs strong with re-releases and spin-offs, and the next mainline will likely be a huge hit. Their remasters sell pretty well. There's a huge list of failures and a big list of addendums to the things I listed (Hitman lost money since those copies were overwhelmingly at $5-$10, FFXIV 1.0 was a catastrophic failure, their Japanese console development is in shambles), but they're a company that's having successes and releasing a fair number of relevant products in the market.

Capcom: I've talked about them at length, but basically I feel they're declining through having an increasing number of failures without new successes to counterbalance this, so their overall impact on the market is just going down and since their line-up isn't huge in the first place, that's a painful position to be in.

Konami: Konami is barely even a game publisher anymore. They have Metal Gear games that take the better part of forever to release, a sea of failed franchises, PES which is increasingly comical in terms of sales impact relative to FIFA, and a mobile department that has some successes, but has seen major hits fall by the wayside as the market transitioned from feature phones to smartphones. They're not even someone who comes up in the regular flow of conversation outside of Metal Gear anymore. This is definitely where Capcom doesn't want to end up.

I think this is part of the core issue for Japanese console development. Even if you make something that is an astronomical hit at home, if it wasn't a really cheaply made game or also a notable hit abroad, it can't actually fund a series anymore. Given the taste divide between East and West, this causes a notable problem for consoles.

Now, assuming they want to continue, Capcom can view this first game as an investment and hope that they garner a better audience with the sequel, or they can try to make another entry in the series at notably lower cost.

So far we've seen them launch an expansion pack, a mobile/Vita f2p game, and Deep Down, which people thought might have been Dragon's Dogma 2 at first, but we found out it was a randomly generated f2p game. I will note that the way Deep Down is designed appears to be a way you can take concepts from a game like Dragon's Dogma and produce a much cheaper to develop product. Given that trifecta, I wonder if they're actually thinking of just taking the concepts that were successes and spreading them to cheaper products, while leaving "Dragon's Dogma 2" as an undeveloped game in case they ever decide to go back to the series as a major retail title at some unknown point in the future.

SE still has a lot of talent and imo still make or can make amazing games. Konami like you said is pretty much dead as a game company. Capcom has lost a lot of talent but I still think they have the potential to make good games. They need to ensure future releases are quality. Another mediocre RE and it could end up hurting their biggest franchise.

About Dragons Dogma. Sometimes I get nightmares that Capcom did make a sequel and it was called Deep Down. It kind of explains why Deep Down has been said to be Japan only since Dragons Dogma did so well there. Finding out what Itsuno is doing is the key here. I'm pretty certain its either DMC or Dragons Dogma.

XDDX

Predictions:

[3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes 2 (25 days) - 118,000
[PS3+360] Ultra Street Fighter 4 (25 days) - 39,000
[3DS] Senran Kagura 2 (25 days) - 100,000
[WIU] Hyrule Warriors (18 days) - 130,000
[PS4] The Last of Us Remastered (11 days) - 40,000
[PSV+PSP] Toukiden Kiwami (4 days) - 90,000
[PS3+360] Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (4 days) - 120,000
[PSV] LoveLive! School Idol Paradise Vol. 1 / 2 / 3 (4 days) - 60,000

Shurayuki

Well that's a bigger post than I imagined...
Ben McLannahan ‏@bmclannahan @serkantoto @gibbogame wow. Highest operating margin in the JPX-Nikkei 400. Only four stocks in the Topix higher

Very impressive.

Since you mentioned the Nikkei-400, it looks like Sony is about to get booted from that, think I didn't see it mentioned on gaf, reject if old:
Bloomberg
Sony Seen as Reject as Japan JPX Index Cuts Losing Stocks
Sony Corp. (6758) is poised to be rejected from Japan’s government-backed stock index started in January.

The JPX-Nikkei Index 400 (JPNK400) picks companies with the best operating income, return on equity and market value to shame executives of those it excludes into boosting profit and shareholder returns.[...]
“If you’re dropped, the impact on your share price could be quite big,” said Tomomi Yamashita, who helps oversee the equivalent of $6.3 billion at Shinkin Asset Management Co. in Tokyo [...]. “It’s also going to hurt your image.”

The birth of climactic Robot Battles!

In this action game you take control of a "Battle Robot" to defeat all the enemies of a stage. Collect and power up various weapons to take control of the fight!
Each stage allows you to chose between the simple to control "Balanced Type" which has average stats, the "Power Type" which excels in attack and defense power, or the mobile "Speed Type". Gain the advantage by choosing a robot that fits your style of play or the stage!

Control a Battle Robot and crush your foes!

The goal of the game is to clear each stage by defeating all enemy robots in order to move to the next one. Stages can also be replayed by choosing "Retry".

7 Types of weapons bring diverse offense, flashy Special Attacks included!
Battle Robots can be equipped with 7 types of weapons. The "Sword",capable of short range attacks, and the long-ranged "Gatling Gun" are available from the start. Joining them will be a "Laser Rifle" sporting high damage single shots, the "Hammer" with charged-up strikes, "Grenades" that inflict area-of-effect damage, "Sensor Bombs" that are set to the ground and blow up your enemies when they approach and a "Shield" that protects you from enemy blows. Robots can be equipped with a different weapon in each hand. When your Special Attack Gauge reaches its maximum, you can unleash a unique attack based on your equipped weapon. Annihilate your enemies, making a big comeback!

Replay value through more than 100 stages!
Batlle through 6 areas holding tough boss robots in the game's main "Normal Mode". Depending on how you do, you will be able to collect Gold, Silver or Bronze ranks, providing replay value and never-ending fun. Additionally, there will be a "Challenge Mode", testing your skills with limits like a "sword only" run. The "Survival Mode" tasks you with playing through specific stages with only a single life. All in all more than 100 diverse stages await you!

Join forces in local play!
Up to 4 players can enjoy the game at the same time through the local play feature if they own the game. All modes are available. Overcome stages that are hard to beat alone with the help of your friends!

test_account

XP-39C²
sörine;122649115 said:
It's essential because you're charting your map as you progress. And really even if you weren't the maps are so complicated and the scenery so samey that it'd be impossible to navigate dungeons without referring to the map.

That said I still think EO/PQ could be done on Vita or iPhone or off-tv Gamepad or whatever, it'd just slow the experience down noticeably. Charting also feels better with a sytlus I'd imagine.
I see. I was thinking more if you need the map "all the time" due to the mazes being to complex, or if you could look at it now and then and memorize it partially (i'm sorry for the late reply). If you need to hit a button to bring up the map every 5 second or so, i guess that it could be annoying in the long run.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Well that's a bigger post than I imagined...

Since you mentioned the Nikkei-400, it looks like Sony is about to get booted from that, think I didn't see it mentioned on gaf, reject if old:
Bloomberg

The birth of climactic Robot Battles!

In this action game you take control of a "Battle Robot" to defeat all the enemies of a stage. Collect and power up various weapons to take control of the fight!
Each stage allows you to chose between the simple to control "Balanced Type" which has average stats, the "Power Type" which excels in attack and defense power, or the mobile "Speed Type". Gain the advantage by choosing a robot that fits your style of play or the stage!

Control a Battle Robot and crush your foes!

The goal of the game is to clear each stage by defeating all enemy robots in order to move to the next one. Stages can also be replayed by choosing "Retry".

7 Types of weapons bring diverse offense, flashy Special Attacks included!
Battle Robots can be equipped with 7 types of weapons. The "Sword",capable of short range attacks, and the long-ranged "Gatling Gun" are available from the start. Joining them will be a "Laser Rifle" sporting high damage single shots, the "Hammer" with charged-up strikes, "Grenades" that inflict area-of-effect damage, "Sensor Bombs" that are set to the ground and blow up your enemies when they approach and a "Shield" that protects you from enemy blows. Robots can be equipped with a different weapon in each hand. When your Special Attack Gauge reaches its maximum, you can unleash a unique attack based on your equipped weapon. Annihilate your enemies, making a big comeback!

Replay value through more than 100 stages!
Batlle through 6 areas holding tough boss robots in the game's main "Normal Mode". Depending on how you do, you will be able to collect Gold, Silver or Bronze ranks, providing replay value and never-ending fun. Additionally, there will be a "Challenge Mode", testing your skills with limits like a "sword only" run. The "Survival Mode" tasks you with playing through specific stages with only a single life. All in all more than 100 diverse stages await you!

Join forces in local play!
Up to 4 players can enjoy the game at the same time through the local play feature if they own the game. All modes are available. Overcome stages that are hard to beat alone with the help of your friends!

Instead, Nintendo is in Nikkei-400, right? Don't remember that, now.

L~A

By the way, I believe last Monday was public holiday, right? Might explain the slight bump for Wii U and Mario Kart 8. Good sign for Christmas, then.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It seems 3DS has stabilized to better numbers than before for now, isn't it? For MC, it's 38,000+ units sold this week. Yokai Watch doing its job?

Why did Wii U rise compared to last week :lol

Oh God PS4.

EDIT: Wait, last Monday was an Holiday? It'd explain some things, then :p

Bruno MB

Youkai Watch 2 is still very strong and it is helping 3DS hardware, if only there was a title of this caliber every month...

PS4 is about to hit utter bomb status (below 5.000).

Wii Sports Club is out of the top 30 with lots of units sitting on shelves.

L~A

Yeah, I'm sure it was a holiday because 1) Hyrule Warriors website wasn't updated that day, 2) StreetsAhead tweeted about it 3) Famitsu and 4Gamer.net barely published any article, if at all.

smbu2000

Yeah, I'm sure it was a holiday because 1) Hyrule Warriors website wasn't updated that day, 2) StreetsAhead tweeted about it 3) Famitsu and 4Gamer.net barely published any article, if at all.
July 21st was a holiday, so yes the new sales would be included.

Top Bottom