• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 29, 2015 (Jul 13 - Jul 19)

Since Dragon Quest is a very trending topic now. Why didn't SE gave Dragon Quest Swords another entry?

If memory serves me right the game got close to half a million units sold in Japan and got localizations both in Europe and America. It wasn't a high budget game, it got fairly positive reviews and basically it is a decent game as far as spin offs go.

crinale

Since Dragon Quest is a very trending topic now. Why didn't SE gave Dragon Quest Swords another entry?

If memory serves me right the game got close to half a million units sold in Japan and got localizations both in Europe and America. It wasn't a high budget game, it got fairly positive reviews and basically it is a decent game as far as spin offs go.

Without motion plus actually it performed kinda bad, so SE didn't really want to bother it. I wish they'd patch it somehow to support motion plus. The worst part is if you swing the sword sideways, you'll almost always rotate your Wiimote 90 degrees before swinging (unintentionally) and game will take it as a vertical slash..

I know this is an older post, but I wanted to give my insight on the matter of NX's LTD, in a different light.
Let's assume Nintendo actually implement the "family of consoles" plan as we expect (thus, consoles and handhelds becoming "mere" form factors sharing functions/OS/games). In that sense, looking at NX handheld's LTD wouldn't tell the whole story, because you'd have to count NX's console (as well as possible other form factors, like a NX tablet). So, by summing all the form factors, you'd get an idea of the total installed base for NX, right? ...Sort of. I mean, there will be customers who already bought the NX handheld, who entered the ecosystem, and that will be the home device as well. Thus, the focus should shift from mere installed base to "amount of unique users", which would give a better idea of the actual situation.

Also, and this implies a realisation of the plan as expected...the concept of "generations" could change. Not in terms of hardware not evolving, but in terms of game lineup. I'll explain a little more now: in the current gaming landscape, when you release a brand new console, you start from zero in terms of games: less if you have backcompatibility, but it's still limited to the immediatly former console. Thus, all the older games (digital exclusives/eShop) need to be re-released.
Instead, on mobile devices, you surely see brand new devices coming out every year, but, once released, they already have millions of apps available when you turn them on and compatible with the new devices. Similarly, Steam's lineup is costantly increasing, without needing to restart from scratch once every 6 years. Thus, I think that, in the case of the expected execution of the plan, we'd see a costantly increasing gaming lineup, with no need to build it from zero once a new hardware arrives: so, there's a far more promising proposition for customers who want to enter the Nintendo ecosystem by buying a device at launch and would see lots of titles available from the get go.

I think these two possible consequences could change the way we look at hardware / software sales compared to the traditional model, especially if cross-buy is implemented for every game shared between different devices. But we still need to see if the family of consoles will come truth, so...is it 2016 yet?

Would that really work in the console sphere though? You can upgrade a phone annually or bi-annually and it seems to be effectively free. So it's great that all your existing content still works.

When you're talking about spending a lot for a new piece of hardware, is the fact it can play what you've already got a big selling point? I think what Japan has shown over the last few years is that as long as a game works on their existing hardware that for the most part they see no need to invest in the bigger/better version. So the ecosystem matters less as long as the device you have is part of that ecosystem. If your new software works on the old device they'll just stick with the old one. Does that make sense?

heidern

Thus, I think that, in the case of the expected execution of the plan, we'd see a costantly increasing gaming lineup, with no need to build it from zero once a new hardware arrives: so, there's a far more promising proposition for customers who want to enter the Nintendo ecosystem by buying a device at launch and would see lots of titles available from the get go.

This is dependent on a switch to digital so will probably have to wait for another generation as physical media is still the majority of the market. Nintendo haven't even fully implemented cross-gen digital let alone cross platform.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Youkai Watch pre-sales for the new film started at 6:30 in the fucking morning. Insanity:

Joe on suicide watch :p

Though like the Pokemon movies, the subsequent films never out-gross the first iteration. And Youkai Watch should be no different.

Without motion plus actually it performed kinda bad, so SE didn't really want to bother it. I wish they'd patch it somehow to support motion plus. The worst part is if you swing the sword sideways, you'll almost always rotate your Wiimote 90 degrees before swinging (unintentionally) and game will take it as a vertical slash..
It has some of the kirks of early Wii games, like not enough R&D, testing and the developer didn't take the right decisions when implementing the controls. For example, instead of using the IMUs to detect sword slashes vertically or horizontally, it seems they opted to read the pointer directions. So it works more like a gestural pointer system. There are various games that both do a different and same things that work perfectly in a M+ less Wii Remote.

But anyway, this deviating from the topic since it is not what i asked. i was talking in terms of sales performance and relative ROI, in that sense the game seemed to perform rather well. Plus there was some solid ground to found a spin off franchise since the game translates well to the successive NIntendo hardware like the 3DS and Wii U. Note im talking about when Nintendo hardware was performng well.

crinale

It has some of the kirks of early Wii games, like not enough R&D, testing and the developer didn't take the right decisions when implementing the controls. For example, instead of using the IMUs to detect sword slashes vertically or horizontally, it seems they opted to read the pointer directions. So it works more like a gestural pointer system. There are various games that both do a different and same things that work perfectly in a M+ less Wii Remote.

But anyway, this deviating from the topic since it is not what i asked. i was talking in terms of sales performance and relative ROI, in that sense the game seemed to perform rather well. Plus there was some solid ground to found a spin off franchise since the game translates well to the successive NIntendo hardware like the 3DS and Wii U. Note im talking about when Nintendo hardware was performng well.

Well I provided the reason why it was received poorly. I assume SE knows how game is received in public too so it's not that hard to imagine SE to just abandon the franchise, instead of trying another iteration, even the game itself had good sales and profit.

Vena

Well I provided the reason why it was received poorly. I assume SE knows how game is received in public too so it's not that hard to imagine SE to just abandon the franchise, instead of trying another iteration, even the game itself had good sales and profit.

Given their production of multiple XIII spin-offs, I'd question how aware they are of public perception.

Or they're mistreatment of Bravely Default and tone-deafness to Western demand of said series.

Or they're current plans with small titles in general.

crinale

Given their production of multiple XIII spin-offs, I'd question how aware they are of public perception.

Or they're mistreatment of Bravely Default and tone-deafness to Western demand of said series.

There's a difference between games with bad taste and unplayable game (in the end you could swing swords to any direction but it felt really wonky).

And as for BD, given how poorly the second one is received I won't expect third iteration to materialize either.

Vena

There's a difference between games with bad taste and unplayable game (in the end you could swing swords to any direction but it felt really wonky).

And as for BD, given how poorly the second one is received I won't expect third iteration to materialize either.

I know. But nowadays you could make a game like that and it could work quite well (I'd argue LR was pretty unplayable >.>), but it'd be a risky venture.

As for BD, that was their own doing (you can go back in this thread to where Nirolak broke down their "plan" for small titles, the same dead-end strategy that has effectively killed Bravely) and the catch-22 they put their own productions into. The second was poorly received because they made a cheap, asset recycled sequel on a shoestring budget without any real marketing or reason to attempt to build their audience (or for their audience to have any faith in their product). If a third installment materializes it will be because of Nintendo's localization and marketing in the west... or if Nintendo just takes the brand off their hands and actually treats it appropriately.

SE treated BD with aloof disinterest for whatever reason, and that damaged the brand. I suspect it was two-fold: (a.) they didn't expect its million+ success under Nintendo's advertising, (b.) they had already started positioning themselves towards the home console scene.

crinale

I know. But nowadays you could make a game like that and it could work quite well (I'd argue LR was pretty unplayable >.>), but it'd be a risky venture.

As for BD, that was their own doing (you can go back in this thread to where Nirolak broke down their "plan" for small titles, the same dead-end strategy that has effectively killed Bravely) and the catch-22 they put their own productions into. The second was poorly received because they made a cheap, asset recycled sequel on a shoestring budget without any real marketing or reason to attempt to build their audience (or for their audience to have any faith in their product). If a third installment materializes it will be because of Nintendo's localization and marketing in the west... or if Nintendo just takes the brand off their hands and actually treats it appropriately.

SE treated BD with aloof disinterest for whatever reason, and that damaged the brand. I suspect it was two-fold: (a.) they didn't expect its million+ success under Nintendo's advertising, (b.) they had already started positioning themselves towards the home console scene.

As for BD I agree most of what you have written. If I may add to them besides poor budget, reused assets because of that and such, bad impression I heard about it is that text is full of overused internet memes & jokes that made some players cringe. It was as if script was outsourced to some college interns or something. Hopefully that gets ironed out upon localization..

I wish I could say I'm disappointed in Langrisser, but I saw this coming a mile away. Every attempt to resurrect the series since the departure of Career Soft has either been vaporware or just plain terrible, and everything I'd seen about this one screamed "cheap cash-in." It's a little sad given how great the series once was, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Oregano

There really is a world of difference between Langrisser and Stella Glow. It's a damn shame how bad SG sold considering the impressions were quite positive.

RIP Imageepoch

hiska-kun

21./10. [3DS] Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.06.11} (¥6.145)
22./12. [PSV] Persona 4: Dancing All Night # <ACT> (Atlus) {2015.06.25} (¥7.538)
23./00. [PS4] God of War III Remastered <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.07.16} (¥5.292)
24./22. [PSV] God Eater 2: Rage Burst <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.02.19} (¥6.145)
25./17. [3DS] Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale <RPG> (Marvelous) {2015.06.18} (¥6.458)
26./21. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538)
27./20. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition <RPG> (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2015.04.29} (¥4.320)
28./24. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate # <ACT> (Capcom) {2014.10.11} (¥6.264)
29./25. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800)
30./27. [PS4] Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2015.06.23} (¥4.104)
31./34. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5) {2014.12.13} (¥4.968)
32./30. [WIU] Mario Party 10 # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2015.03.12} (¥5.616)
33./28. [PSV] Chaos;Child # <ADV> (5pb.) {2015.06.25} (¥7.344)
34./26. [PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Evolution # <RPG> (Kadokawa Games) {2015.06.11} (¥6.264)
35./23. [3DS] Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: Korosensei Daihouimou!! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.03.12} (¥6.145)
36./40. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V # <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2014.12.11} (¥7.992)
37./36. [3DS] Kirby Triple Deluxe <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.01.11} (¥4.800)
38./42. [3DS] Tomodachi Life # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2013.04.18} (¥4.800)
39./00. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V [1/1][New Price Edition] <ACT> (Rockstar Games) {2014.06.26} (¥5.389)
40./32. [3DS] Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Deluxe <ACT> (Sega) {2015.05.28} (¥5.378)
41./37. [PSV] Pro Baseball Spirits 2015 <SPT> (Konami) {2015.03.26} (¥7.538)
42./46. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2015 <SPT> (Konami) {2015.03.26} (¥8.208)
43./00. [PSV] Girls & Panzer: Senshado, Kiwamemasu! # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.06.26} (¥7.171)
44./35. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Koko ga Ochitsukundesu <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) {2014.11.20} (¥5.184)
45./33. [PSV] Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus: Fortune Tower and the Dice of Fate <RPG> (Spike Chunsoft) {2015.06.04} (¥5.184)
46./31. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.08.07} (¥6.145)
47./47. [3DS] Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden [1/1][Ultimate Hits] <RPG> (Square Enix) {2015.04.16} (¥3.024)
48./00. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke <RPG> (Level 5) {2014.07.10} (¥4.968)
49./00. [3DS] Dasshutsu Adventure: Zetsubou Yousai <ADV> (Rocket Company) {2015.07.16} (¥5.184)
50./29. [PS4] Final Fantasy XIV: The Complete Experience {Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward} <RPG> (Square Enix) {2015.06.23} (¥6.264)

Top 50

3DS - 25
PSV - 10
PS4 - 9
WIU - 4
PS3 - 2

SOFTWARE
Code:
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |    594.000 |  1.159.000 |    749.000 | 17.912.000 | 21.544.000 |

There's a mistake. The 21 position should be Smash Bros for Wii U, you have Dragon Ball twice.

Surprised to see EDF4.1 having great legs, since its release it hasn't left top50 and usually lingering between positions 20-30.

Launch week (14):
Media-Create
07./00. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538) - 21.582 / NEW
Famitsu
07./00. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538) - 21.704 / NEW <60-80%>

Other weeks (15-29, Media-Create):
14./07. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538) - 6.362 / 27.944 (-71%)
32./14. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538)
36./32. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538)
27./36. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538)
31./27. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538)
34./31. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538)
19./34. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538) - 1.861 / 42.589
19./19. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538) - 2.554 / 45.143 (+37%)
22./19. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538)
26./22. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538)
23./26. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538)
39./23. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538)
25./39. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538)
21./25. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538)
26./21. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538)

That last week 29 (from this thread) on Famitsu since it has numbers:
30./30. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2015.04.02} (¥7.538) - 1.477 / 54.907 <80-100%> (+3%)

First three weeks Famitsu digital estimate was 10,144 units, so its at 65k in that tracker (plus what it sold digitally since that).

Found it surprising since its a port with extras of the best-selling EDF (245k on PS3, 26k on 360, Famitsu data) so the fanbase could have been served already, its higher priced than the original (7538Y vs 6980Y) for what was originally a simple 2000 series, on a system where traditional japanese franchises are transitioning slower than western ones without taking into account its small userbase and high-entry HW pricing. Guess it bodes well for the next one.

there was a time when SE had to choose between 3DS OR PS4, it is clear they went with ps4 as their support shows, not just for the DQ series but their entire lineup as a whole, western support and performance definitely made a huge impact on this decision.

at best we'll get a port for NX later or 3DS will get it through streaming (nx likely, 3ds unlikely) either way i just hope it comes to PC not too long after, as thats the only platform i care for nowadays

Darius

Banned
there was a time when SE had to choose between 3DS OR PS4, it is clear they went with ps4 as their support shows, not just for the DQ series but their entire lineup as a whole, western support and performance definitely made a huge impact on this decision.

at best we'll get a port for NX later or 3DS will get it through streaming (nx likely, 3ds unlikely) either way i just hope it comes to PC not too long after, as thats the only platform i care for nowadays

It is likely that the decision was made years ago, neither SQEX nor Nintendo willing to localize any 3DS DQ game but instead Bravely Default instead, has always seemed suspicious and that´s something both might have been well informed about for quite some time. Since Nintendo doesn´t tend to market IPs that aren´t exclusive if it would help a direct competitor on their own detriment they obviously act accordingly. The lazy excuses from SQEX of too expensive localization costs was always not believeable. Instead Nintendo chose to localize Level5 properties, be it Fantasy Life, the very Japanese centric Youkai Watch and even niche titles like Little Battlers, so I really doubt it´s a matter of localization costs.

It is likely that the decision was made years ago, neither SQEX nor Nintendo willing to localize any 3DS DQ game but instead Bravely Default instead, has always seemed suspicious and that´s something both might have been well informed about for quite some time. Since Nintendo doesn´t tend to market IPs that aren´t exclusive if it they would help a direct competitor they obviously act accordingly. The lazy excuses from SQEX of too expensive localization costs was always not believeable. Instead Nintendo chose to localize Level5 properties, be it Fantasy Life, the very Japanese centric Youkai Watch and even niche titles like Little Battlers, so I really doubt it´s a matter of localization costs.
yep, ever since the release of the dqm games, the lack of DS games in general and the the show of support on sony platforms with their franchises, it felt like se had really switched sides, since 3ds isn't holding up worldwide, while the next-gen systems play well with their western side which is also on the PC.

can't really blame them tbh, companies can't think locally anymore if they want to compete and mobile is also a good enough of a replacement for 3ds-centric titles.

for the sake of competition, i hope NX performs well since it seems like only Nintendo is the only company left that really cares about success in Japan, while everyone else is chasing the western dream.

Throughout the ages: One of Nintendo's worst franchises

N64 : Yoshi's Story ( Nintendo ) { 1997-12-21 } - 53,428 / 852,864
GBA : Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island ( Nintendo ) { 2002-09-20 } - 95,596 / 526,458
GBA : Yoshi Universal Gravitation ( Nintendo ) { 2004-12-09 } - 34,389 / 261,317
NDS : Yoshi Touch & Go ( Nintendo ) { 2005-01-27 } - 52,407 / 197,337
NDS : Yoshi's Island DS ( Nintendo ) { 2007-03-08 } - 254,523 / 1,053,833
3DS : Yoshi's New Island ( Nintendo ) { 2014-07-24 } - 66,225 / 258,847
WIU : Yoshi's Woolly World (Nintendo) {2015.07.16} - 33.821 / NEW
quality matters, as sales of YI DS shows.

ofcourse Wii U sales aren't helping things but i really hope Nintendo go back to the original YI to see why people are fans of yoshi in the first place

why they choose to release crappy spin-offs or b-tier games after long lulls is beside me, as a fan there is nothing worse than waiting years on a sequel just for it to be a disappointment.

Game Guru

I imagine most of that was just trying to reuse the XIII assets in a time when Square Enix had massive trouble getting HD games developed. I mean, the other two initially planned XIII spinoffs were made later and disconnected from XIII.

Richie

quality matters, as sales of YI DS shows.

ofcourse Wii U sales aren't helping things but i really hope Nintendo go back to the original YI to see why people are fans of yoshi in the first place

why they choose to release crappy spin-offs or b-tier games after long lulls is beside me, as a fan there is nothing worse than waiting years on a sequel just for it to be a disappointment.

Impressions and reviews generally agree on this being the best since the original, though. If anything the game was hurt both because of platformer fatigue and because the Yoshi series has a stigma of bad quality attached to it for years (New Island not helping at all)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
YSO predictions

Week 31, 2015 (Jul 27 - Aug 2)

[3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer < 650k
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters < 120k
[PSV] IA/VT: Colorful < 30k
[WIU] Splatoon < 30k

casiopao

YSO predictions

[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters < 120k
[PSV] IA/VT: Colorful < 30k
[WIU] Splatoon < 30k

Lol, and here i think many of us first is being sceptical about how HHD is going to do here tx to NFC feature lol. AC really have grow into one of the biggest IP in JP here and i dare to say even bigger than all the big leagues. The young kids,girls and woman demographic in JP is really undertapped that Nintendo is just eating them for free here.

Yokai Watch and Spla plaaaa toon is still cruising around and laughing on the other sales lol.

Vena

Not sure if this is good or bad for a spin-off like this.

[WIU] Splatoon < 30k

That's it, pack it up. The show's over!

Lol, and here i think many of us first is being sceptical about how HHD is going to do here tx to NFC feature lol. AC really have grow into one of the biggest IP in JP here and i dare to say even bigger than all the big leagues. The young kids,girls and woman demographic in JP is really undertapped that Nintendo is just eating them for free here.

Yokai Watch and Spla plaaaa toon is still cruising around and laughing on the other sales lol.

Its not so much that no one else is tapping them, its just that Nintendo has been providing them with improving/growing franchises.

casiopao

Not sure if this is good or bad for a spin-off like this.

That's it, pack it up. The show's over!

Its not so much that no one else is tapping them, its just that Nintendo has been providing them with improving/growing franchises.

I think that amount should be great right especially when they are going to rack even more profit from the NFC card sales.^_^ Not to mention, i think the cost of selling this game+the NFC portal is going to be another extra profit for this game. If the game actually plays well too, i can see some actually went into purchasing NEW 3DS to make it easier to use the NFC.

I feel, it is definitely undertapped market there. While some other company maybe have come out with those title which attract female buyer, it always seems to be second priority for them as not many of title is given huge care like Nintendo IP here.

Don't take me wrong though, "Fab Style. Geten no Hana, Tongari Boshi and the recent Mahou kore Idol" is all great game for female demographics though.^_^ But it is just there are not continuing the effort more after one try usually.T_T(Tongari Boshi is tx to Konami though, so that may be a special case.....KONAMIIIII><)

Vena

Don't take me wrong though, "Fab Style. Geten no Hana, Tongari Boshi and the recent Mahou kore Idol" is all great game for female demographics though.^_^ But it is just there are not continuing the effort more after one try usually.T_T(Tongari Boshi is tx to Konami though, so that may be a special case.....KONAMIIIII><)

Well that's my point. lol

YSO predictions

rgzQ1rx.gif

Vena

There's another set of "testfires" going on from 8/3-8/9 in Japan. I'm guessing that's going to improve sales but the effects won't be seen for another 2-3 weeks.

I was joking. <30k is perfectly fine on Week... whatever this is. Games on consoles don't even open at that figure.

Ōkami

YSO predictions

Week 28, 2015 (Jul 6 - Jul 12)

[3DS] Yo-kai Watch: Busters < 550k
[3DS] Great Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken < 150k
[PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin: V Version < 60k

01./00. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad <ACT> (Level 5) {2015.07.11} (¥4.968) - 693.538 / NEW

They ended up fairly off for Yokai Watch, wonder if it'll be the same for Animal Crossing?

It'd be even more impressive for AC to outsell Busters as its only one SKU.

Isabelle>Dogs>Cats

casiopao

&#332;kami;173031425 said:
YSO predictions

Week 28, 2015 (Jul 6 - Jul 12)

[3DS] Yo-kai Watch: Busters < 550k
[3DS] Great Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken < 150k
[PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin: V Version < 60k

01./00. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad <ACT> (Level 5) {2015.07.11} (¥4.968) - 693.538 / NEW

They ended up fairly off for Yokai Watch, wonder if it'll be the same for Animal Crossing?

It'd be even more impressive for AC to outsell Busters as its only one SKU.

Isabelle>Dogs>Cats

06977af4574b25e9d6f8e503d4fbf605.jpg

vs

Yokai-Watch-2-Sales-6-Mil.jpg

we already know who are the cuter one for sure.^_^

Road

PREDICTION LEAGUE AUGUST 2015

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Jul 27 to Aug 30):
[3DS] Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer (32 days) -
[PSV] IA/VT Colorful (32 days) -
[PSV] KanColle Kai (4 days) -
[3DS] Dragon Quest VIII (4 days) -
[3DS] Super Robot Wars BX (11 days) -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deadline: July 29 2015 09:00 am (EDT)
t1438174800z1.png

Attention:
  • Remember for some games it's not only the 1st week.
  • Multiplatform games are the combined available sales of each platform

Rules:
  • Do not edit your post after the deadline. If you do, you'll be disqualified.
  • The official monthly hardware sales will be the sum of weekly numbers for all versions of the system available from Famitsu.
  • The official monthly software sales will be the latest total or the sum of the weekly numbers if the title is release before the period available from the Famitsu Top 30.
  • The official monthly sales for multi-platform releases will be the combined available sales of each platform shown in the title entry.
  • The official monthly sales for games with multiple versions will be the combined available sales of each version shown in the title entry.
  • Any game missing in the Famitsu top 30 will be taken out of the predictions.

[WIU] Devil's Third (27 days) - ????

Spiegel

[3DS] Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer (32 days) - 1400000
[PSV] IA/VT Colorful (32 days) - 65000
[PSV] KanColle Kai (4 days) - 120000
[3DS] Dragon Quest VIII (4 days) - 690000
[3DS] Super Robot Wars BX (11 days) - 65000

I know this is a joke entry, but Devil's Third is amazon.jp exclusive, isn't it?
[WIU] Devil's Thrid (27 days) -

Ōkami

Do MC or Famitsu even track Amazon to know how badly Devil's Third will flop?

Even so, wouldn't expect it to chart, we might not know how that game did until MC 2015 Top 1000 :0

At what point does it change from "having legs" to "having arms as well"? :p At what stage would AC:NL be at this point? Did it go to "having a whole body"?

The game became Insect Crossing when no one was looking. Thus, far too many legs. Or perhaps Arachnid Crossing?

Yeshua

[3DS] Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer (32 days) - 1400000
[PSV] IA/VT Colorful (32 days) - 50000
[PSV] KanColle Kai (4 days) - 150000
[3DS] Dragon Quest VIII (4 days) - 600000
[3DS] Super Robot Wars BX (11 days) - 110000

[WIU] Devil's Thrid (27 days) - out of chart
whether amazon is tracked or not

Top Bottom