• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 3, 2012 (Jan 16 - Jan 22)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Persona 4 Golden will give it a slight boost, and the title itself should do okay. Nothing else in the horizon really matters at all.

Gundam should be able to do something.
Gundabump 2: The Revenge of the Touch.

NeonZ

Gundam should be able to do something.
Gundabump 2: The Revenge of the Touch.

Isn't the upcoming Gundam only based on a single past show though? Now, I know SEED was successful and is getting a remastered rerun right now, but I highly doubt a SEED only game at this point will match the various crossover titles.

sphinx

the piano man
In all this Vita barren scenario, I really think that Vita's biggest offender has been Capcom so far.

Capcom is the only worthy 3rd party company to go head on and support new consoles with quality exclusives, Vita is already on shelves and Capcom goes mute.

They have shown early support for Gamecube, Dreamcast and PSP, all relative underdogs in their generations, why not this time?

O.k. Nintendo stole Monster Hunter, fine, but where's everything else?? PSP got 2 exclusive megamans and 1 exclusive ghosts and goblins? Why not revive strider? what about some new IP?

I've never seen Capcom diss a console like this.

sphinx

the piano man
Those sold so so so so badly. Lol.

yeah, but by pledging early support to an unproven platform, like capcom does when they make these deals, you know there is risk that either the hardware or your games won't take off.

Capcom should know by now how everything is a gamble when investing in an unproven platform. You sometimes lose (gamecube exclusives, lol) and you sometimes win (360 early IPs), Capcom always seemed to be willing to take chances, unlike Square-Enix who will pretend they support a platform with spin-offs and weird offerings before devoting serious resources to them.

this time capcom said "fuck Vita", which is actually pretty sad because this capcom early support is crucial to gamers in the know.

Well UMVC3 Vita bombed pretty hard, but Capcom still has SFXT coming and at least 2 other games. I still think MHP3rd HDver might be happening maybe. I could also see a miltiplayer Dragon's Dogma or Lost Planet spinoff being a possibility (like the PSP Basaras).

SSF4 3DS did really well by comparison though, so I wouldn't be surprised if 3DS gets more Capcom fighters announced as a result (SFXT, TVC2, etc). They really should've done UMVC3, total missed opportunity.

Hahaha. :) In the graph creator there's a "Percent based on first value" option. It divides all of a game's numbers by its first week total. So everything is at 1.0 the first week. Reaching 5.5 means it sold 5.5x its first week number.
thx, this makes a very showing graph for comparing legs!

As Celine said EVERY ONE has to bow down to the king

[NDS] Brain Training (Nintendo) - 44.166 / 3.829.480 / 1,15% 19/05/05

LOOK AT ME, MOTHERFUC*ERS!!!!
wow! This is some serious shit, it's indeed on a wholly another level, lol!

Takao

Banned
With UMvC3 on Vita Capcom shot themselves in the foot. It came way too close to the console versions, and didn't contain any notable differences other than touch screen controls. They only had 2 months to market it, and they barely did. Comparatively, SSF4 3D launched well after SSF4, contained changes, and had marketing well spread out. It's also from the bigger franchise.

As for Capcom on Vita, they have by far the worst support of any of the large Japanese publishers. I'd find it very amusing if history repeats itself for Capcom's early support.

You sometimes lose (gamecube exclusives, lol) and you sometimes win (360 early IPs)

Resident Evil remake and Resident Evil 4 were successes and met or exceeded expectations on Gamecube, it was the others that didn't do so well and aside from RE Zero - they were all new IPs. RE4 did very well on GC proportional to its userbase (and relative to the PS2s userbase). It sold 1.25m in its first year on GC, reaching 1.6m by 2006 to the PS2s 2.2m and the Wii's 1.9m units. Remember that the GC fell short of even the N64 userbase. Between GC, PS2, Wii and PC - RE4 sold 7.09m+ (July 2011)

With UMvC3 on Vita Capcom shot themselves in the foot. It came way too close to the console versions, and didn't contain any notable differences other than touch screen controls. They only had 2 months to market it, and they barely did. Comparatively, SSF4 3D launched well after SSF4, contained changes, and had marketing well spread out. It's also from the bigger franchise.

As for Capcom on Vita, they have by far the worst support of any of the large Japanese publishers. I'd find it very amusing if history repeats itself for Capcom's early support.

UMvC3 for Vita has the hitbox viewer and replays. two huge additions that aren't in the console versions. hitboxes not so much for casual players, but important for pros who essentially show the game off and bring in newer players for years to come. replays is something that should have been in the console version. doesn't UMvC3 Vita use the dlc from the PS3 version? meanwhile SSF43D will not be getting the AE2012 patch.

MH aside, i think Capcom is doing more than you are giving them credit for. SFxT has 4 exclusive characters and Vita to PS3 features.

Not a single character is Vita exclusive.

i know, however Capcom says they are allowing content sharing between Vita and PS3 (perhaps other features as well), which is extra effort being put in. Capcom didn't make an app that imported your Tri character to TriG, and they are not patching SSF43D. so it's clear that they could be putting in less if they wanted to.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm actually very curious to see what Capcom does on the 3DS now that their early games are all out.

This time last gen it was Megaman ZX, but that sure isn't happening again!

Takao

Banned
UMvC3 for Vita has the hitbox viewer and replays. two huge additions that aren't in the console versions. hitboxes not so much for casual players, but important for pros who essentially show the game off and bring in newer players for years to come. replays is something that should have been in the console version. doesn't UMvC3 Vita use the dlc from the PS3 version? meanwhile SSF43D will not be getting the AE2012 patch.

MH aside, i think Capcom is doing more than you are giving them credit for. SFxT has 4 exclusive characters and Vita to PS3 features.

Maybe on other platforms, but on Vita, no I'd say my opinion on them is about right. Just because they're less lazy than they could have been doesn't change the fact what they're putting out is pretty unremarkable. They've announced 2 games in the exact same genre that are ports. At this point on the 3DS Capcom had announced 2 brand new Resident Evil, and Megaman games alongside a more expanded SF4 port. Comparing the two should showcase the kind of "effort" they're putting into their Vita releases.

i know, however Capcom says they are allowing content sharing between Vita and PS3 (perhaps other features as well), which is extra effort being put in. Capcom didn't make an app that imported your Tri character to TriG, and they are not patching SSF43D. so it's clear that they could be putting in less if they wanted to.

To be fair the 3ds didn't support patches when ssf43d launched so its not like they could do anyway

I'd say Level 5 is the worst, but Capcom's pretty close. Funny as Capcom and Level-5 were probably the best on 3DS in the early goings.

Capcom
-Street Fighter X Tekken (also on 360/PC/PS3)
-Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (also on 360/PS3)
-TBA Game 1
-TBA Game 2

Konami
-AR Combat Digi-Q
-Mahjong Fight Club
-Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (also on 360/PS3)
-New Little King's Story
-Pro Baseball Spirits 2012 (also on PS3/PSP)
-Silent Hill: Book of Memories
-Zone of the Enders HD Collection (also on 360/PS3)

Level 5
-Time Travelers (also on 3DS/PSP)
-TBA RPG

Namco Bandai
-Ben 10: Galactic Racing (also on everything) (D3P)
-Dream Club Zero Portable (also on 360) (D3P)
-Gundam Seed: Battle Destiny
-Ridge Racer
-Super Robot Taisen
-Tales of Innocence R
-Touch My Katamari

Sega
-Samurai & Dragons
-Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
-Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour (also on 360/PC/PS3/Wii)
-TBA Adventure Game

Square Enix
-Army Corps of Hell
-Final Fantasy X HD (also on PS3)
-Lord of Apocalypse (also on PSP)

Tecmo Koei
-Dynasty Warriors Next
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (also on PS3)
-Surge Concerto: Ciel no Surge (Gust)

Takao

Banned
Level-5 kind of just sucks overall. Though, there is Time Travelers which you missed. Scamco also has that perv game under the D3 label.

test_account

XP-39C²
I'm not sure what you're talking about. There was no update in the traditional sense.
This:

I have only heard about that one update from Capcom, so i assumed he was referring to this.

Maybe on other platforms, but on Vita, no I'd say my opinion on them is about right. Just because they're less lazy than they could have been doesn't change the fact what they're putting out is pretty unremarkable. They've announced 2 games in the exact same genre that are ports. At this point on the 3DS Capcom had announced 2 brand new Resident Evil, and Megaman games alongside a more expanded SF4 port. Comparing the two should showcase the kind of "effort" they're putting into their Vita releases.

i'm not going to let this one go because UMvC3 and SFxT are the first handheld fighting games in history to match the console (or tournament standard) version of the game. these Vita games are getting the exact same patches and uses dlc from the console version. Tekken 3D Prime, which looks like TTT2 minus tagging, is nowhere near the tournament version of the game. this goes straight into the CoD Vita debate, where 'never before has a handheld replicated the home console experience 100%.' Tekken and Street Fighter were released for GBA, 3DS, and PSP, but only now is the handheld version true to the one people watch streams and join tourneys for.

if you are saying Capcom's support in terms of titles (RE and MH) for the Vita are lacking, then i agree. if you are saying that UMvC3 and SFxT are trash ports then i disagreed completely; they match the console in gameplay, roster, and patches (which is what the community wants) while having additional features of their own.

test_account

XP-39C²
But he said that they did not patch SSF.
Even though that kind of implies that they could have done it if they wanted to, and that is not true.
That is true. But i thought he referred to the mentioned update/"patching" of the DLC. Did the DLC happen though? But in fairness, i think that Ono said that DLC could be possible if demand was high enough, not that it would happen. If it didnt happen, i guess that the demand wasnt high enough.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I'm pretty sure the series sells well in Europe, I am also sure the PSP one (Pulse) sold far more than only 11k in the US lol.

Depends with how you mean far more. Sales from Pure to Pulse collapsed in USA.

I don't know how Nintendo will able to release all these first party games this year in Japan with schedule supposedly set until April.

Animal Crossing
Paper Mario
Mario Tennis
Luigi's Mansion 2
Girls Mode
New Super Mario Bros.

without counting secondary releases and the very possible Pokemon. There is also Friend Collection 2 that is listed as TBA. I see delays coming again.

test_account

XP-39C²
According to rumors, the patch infrastructure was added at the same time as Nintendo unlocked SysCore if I remember correctly, so most likely as of FW30 or 3.1 - which isn't even live yet and not used by a single title available.
Thanks for the info. Makes sense since they dont patch i.e the track glitches in Mario Kart 7. I wonder when it will be available.

Depends with how you mean far more. Sales from Pure to Pulse collapsed in USA.

I don't see know Nintendo will able to release all these first party games this year in Japan with schedule supposedly set until April.

Animal Crossing
Paper Mario

Mario Tennis
Luigi's Mansion 2
Girls Mode
New Super Mario Bros.
without counting secondary releases and the very possible Pokemon. There is also Friend Collection 2 that is listed as TBA. I see delays coming again.

I don't see the bolded missing 2012. Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing were originally for the first half of 2012 and seem to be far enough along. Animal Crossing and Paper Mario have both been in development since at least E3 2010 since both were anounced and gameplay shown then along with Mario Kart and other already released titles. I also imagine Nintendo is relying on NSMB as their big holiday 2012 title and they aren't going to let it slip back unless there are major issues.

I don't see what's so unbelievable about releasing all of these. Nintendo released a million selling game(WW) once a month during Wii's first year as well as still sustaining the DS. Although I don't see much point in releasing Friend Collection and Animal Crossing close together.

Level-5 kind of just sucks overall. Though, there is Time Travelers which you missed. Scamco also has that perv game under the D3 label.
I added both, thanks!

Here's the 3DS lineups for the full ListWarz experience.

Capcom
-Monster Hunter Tri G
-Nazo Waku Yakata
-Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
-Resident Evil Revelations
-Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (also on 360/PC/PS3)

Konami
-3D Classics: Twinbee (Nintendo)
-Beyond the Labyrinth
-Contra
-Deca Sports Extreme (Hudson)
-Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights
-Frogger 3D
-Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D (also on PS2)
-New Love Plus
-Nikoli's Pencil Puzzle (Hudson)
-Pengun no Mondai: The Wars
-Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (also on PS3/PSP)
-Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D (also on everything)
-Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 3D (also on everything)
-Tetris Axis (Hudson)
-Yu-Gi-Oh!

Level 5
-Fantasy Life
-Girls RPG Cinderellife
-Guild 01
-Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark
-Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
-Professor Layton VS Ace Attourney
-Time Travelers (also on PSP/Vita)

Namco Bandai
-3D Classics: Xevious (Nintendo)
-Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
-Ben 10: Galactic Racing (also on everything) (D3P)
-Crayon Shin-Chan: Uchuu de Achoo!? Yuujou no Oba-Karate
-Dragon Ball
-Dream Trigger 3D (D3P)
-DualPenSports
-Escape Trick: Fushigi na Kuma Donaru Burger Hen (D3P)
-Escape Trick: Gakkou no Kyuukousha Hen (D3P)
-EST (D3P)
-Fishing 3D (D3P)
-Gundam: The 3D Battle
-If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I Would XX (D3P)
-Lost Heroes
-One Piece: Unlimited Cruise Special (also on Wii)
-Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions
-Pac-Man Party 3D (also on Wii)
-Ridge Racer 3D
-SD Gundam G Generation 3D
-Super Robot Taisen 3D
-Tales of the Abyss (also on PS2)
-Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
-Yuugen Gaisha Brave Company (also on iOS)

Sega
-Captain America: Super Soldier (also on everything)
-Crush3D (also on PSP)
-Hatsune Miku and Future Stars: Project Mirai
-Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (also on Wii)
-Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary (also on DS/PSP/Wii)
-Rhythm Thief and the Emporer's Treasure
-Shinobi
-Sonic Generations
-Super Monkey Ball 3D
-Thor: God of Thunder (also on everything)

Square Enix
-Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
-Bust-A-Move Universe
-Chocobo Racing 3D
-Chousoku Henkai Gyrozetter
-Dragon Quest Heroes: Slime Morimori 3
-Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D
-Heroes of Ruin
-Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
-Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Tecmo Koei
-Dead or Alive Dimensions
-Dynasty Warriors VS
-FabStyle (also on DS)
-Ninja Gaiden
-Samurai Warriors Chronicles
-Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memior (Nintendo)

wrowa

According to rumors, the patch infrastructure was added at the same time as Nintendo unlocked SysCore if I remember correctly, so most likely as of FW30 or 3.1 - which isn't even live yet and not used by a single title available.

What's SysCore?

Checking garaph, Nintendo Wii games that missed top 30 famitsu
Ando Kenzaku
NHK Quiz Game
NPC Metroid Prime
NPC Metroid Prime 2

I expected much better from Kiki Trick (~25k like Rhythm Tengoku). Super Bomba.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I don't see what's so unbelievable about releasing all of these. Nintendo released a million selling game(WW) once a month during Wii's first year as well as still sustaining the DS. Although I don't see much point in releasing Friend Collection and Animal Crossing close together.

I count 3 delays already the last months. The difference with Wii in 2007 is that while Nintendo released almost 1 game every month (but not everyone million seller) serious third party releases were absent, things aren't the same this year with 3DS. It doesn't make sense leaving first quarter empty and suddenly start releasing games week after week.

Top Bottom