• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 3, 2014 (Jan 13 - Jan 19)

On the note of traditional game publishers and mobile, Level 5 is having some success on Android, but I don't see them anywhere on the iOS chart:

androidlevel582b5p.png

Wonderflick isn't actually out on iOS yet. It's just a demo they've had up for the past few months.

Currently Android is the only platform with the proper game. iOS supposedly coming before the end of this month, though with all the tech problems that game has been plagued by, I doubt it.

sörine

Banned
I'm interested to see where Youkai's legs take it, certainly. The Anime has obviously massively helped (I remember the same effect with Valkyria Chronicles), but... I have 0 faith in Level-5 maintaining an IP in any logical fashion. Thats another story though.

Anyway, we've strayed pretty far. I just think God Eater, Toukiden, Soul Sacrifice, and upcoming Freedom Wars benefit from being on a system that just simply doesnt have Monster Hunter as an option. Not even sure how easy it would be to just plop across PSP versions to 3DS versions since not many people have done that at all. God Eater on PS3 interests me as an angle because thats certainly what the VitaTV was kinda pushing as its launch title which makes things even more confusing. To release a PS3 version is sort of admitting VitaTV is a ghost, but then thats the reality anyway.
PSP sort of runs counter to your argument though. God Eater and Phantasy Star already sold most on the same platform as Monster Hunter and it's sort of logical that genres tend to do best on the same platform as the genre king. Bigger games build bigger markets, look at Halo/COD and fps on Xbox in the US.

It's also worth considering that half the games you listed are first party. People like to subscribe to the idea that Nintendo's 1st party crowds out and stifles 3rd party efforts but it seems like Sony's basically doing the same thing for Vita hunting games. Even with the same developers in some cases.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
sörine;98565515 said:
It's also worth considering that half the games you listed are first party. People like to subscribe to the idea that Nintendo's 1st party crowds out and stifles 3rd party efforts but it seems like Sony's basically doing the same thing for Vita hunting games. Even with the same developers in some cases.

SoulSac and Freedom feel more like a 2nd party thing honestly considering their development. Its like was Demon's Souls first party? Not reaaaaally.

sörine

Banned
SoulSac and Freedom feel more like a 2nd party thing honestly considering their development. Its like was Demon's Souls first party? Not reaaaaally.
It's the same thing. Sony funded, Sony owned, Sony published.

Though who knows, maybe Freedom Wars is revenge for Namco Bandai helping engineer Dark Souls?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wonderflick isn't actually out on iOS yet. It's just a demo they've had up for the past few months.

Currently Android is the only platform with the proper game. iOS supposedly coming before the end of this month, though with all the tech problems that game has been plagued by, I doubt it.

Ah I see. That would explain why that had a different icon.

I'm kind of surprised they got the Android version out first since usually Android is the harder platform to develop for.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Comgnet store chain comparisons corner, as of January 26th, 2014

[PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs - 437pt
[PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost - 187pt (Premium Sound G Edition) + 179pt = 366pt

[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland - 370pt
[3DS] Dragon Quest VII - 483pt
[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters 2 - 269pt

[PS3] Yakuza Kenzan - 124pt
[PS3] Yakuza 4 - 302pt
[PS3] Yakuza 5 - 225pt
[PS3] Yakuza Ishin - 90pt
[PS4] Yakuza Ishin - 45pt

[PS3] Disgaea 4 - 115pt + 46pt = 161pt
[PSV] Disgaea 3 Returns - 32pt
[PS3] Disgaea D2 - 51pt + 39pt = 90pt
[PSV] Disgaea 4 Returns - 40pt

[3DS] Magi: The Labyrinth of Beginning - 38pt
[3DS] Magi: Aratanaru Sekai - 21pt

[PSP] Kuroko's Basketball: Game of Miracles - 24pt
[3DS] Kuroko's Basketball: Miraculous Victory - 33pt

Road to PS4 launch: Comgnet comparison

26 days before the release...

[3DS] Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles - 105pt
[3DS] Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition - 33pt

[PSV] Hot Shots Golf: World's Invitation - 51pt
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss - 39pt

[WIIU] New Super Mario Bros. U - 64pt
[WIIU] Monster Hunter 3G HD Version - 40pt

[PS4] Yakuza Ishin - 45pt
[PS4] Other titles = / < 17pt

"2nd party" is such a stupid term that used to make Nintendo fans look silly. I'm not happy about it going universal.

I prefer using "1st party" when we're talking about commissioned (by platform manufacturers) games created by non-affiliate third-parties (Nintendo / Sony / Microsoft owns no stake in the company / company management isn't stacked with Nintendo staffers).

Like Nintendo commissioning Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon from Next Level Games. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is first-party. Next Level Games is a third-party.

Glass Rebel

I prefer using "1st party" when we're talking about commissioned (by platform manufacturers) games created by non-affiliate third-parties.

Like Nintendo commissioning Endless Ocean from Arika. Endless Ocean is 1st-party, Arika is a third-party.

Exactly. If a platform holder is involved as publisher, it's a 1st party game developed by a 3rd party. I think 2nd party started as a term to describe 3rd parties with supposedly exclusive relationships like Rare or Camelot. Somewhere along the way it just became whatever.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Exactly. If a platform holder is involved as publisher, it's a 1st party game developed by a 3rd party. I think 2nd party started as a term to describe 3rd parties with supposedly exclusive relationships like Rare or Camelot. Somewhere along the way it just became whatever.

I feel the distinction is useful in that in a second party situation (an independent/third party studio making a game published by a first party), since the developer isn't owned by the console vendor, they can decide to leave and no longer make games for system.

For example, Epic got a $330 million investment from Tencent, meaning they have the ability to self publish and now Microsoft doesn't have anyone to make Gears of War games, even if they had owned the IP.

When Rare sold out to Microsoft, that meant that Nintendo didn't have a Donkey Kong development team for years and eventually ended up cannibalizing the people who brought back Metroid in order to get more titles in the series.

Naughty Dog or Retro on the other hand can't just decide they want a bigger audience and trot off to EA or Activision to publish their games from now on. They can attempt to have the entire studio's staff leave, but that's something that can cause a long term disruption like how long it took for Respawn to get back on track after they left Activision or how Armature never really recovered from the split with Nintendo.

sörine

Banned
I feel the distinction is useful in that in a second party situation (an independent/third party studio making a game published by a first party), since the developer isn't owned by the console vendor, they can decide to leave and no longer make games for system.

For example, Epic got a $330 million investment from Tencent, meaning they have the ability to self publish and now Microsoft doesn't have anyone to make Gears of War games, even if they had owned the IP.

When Rare sold out to Microsoft, that meant that Nintendo didn't have a Donkey Kong development team for years and eventually ended up cannibalizing the people who brought back Metroid in order to get more titles in the series.

Naughty Dog or Retro on the other hand can't just decide they want a bigger audience and trot off to EA or Activision to publish their games from now on. They can attempt to have the entire studio's staff leave, but that's something that can cause a long term disruption like how long it took for Respawn to get back on track after they left Activision or how Armature never really recovered from the split with Nintendo.
What's the distinction between this and just a 3rd party developer? 1st party vs 3rd party seems like a clearer distinction for what you're talking about here?

Maybe this is unfair, but from my own expectations I think a higher level of quality is expected from 1st party games versus 2nd party games, since a fully owned studio is more likely to be more stable in regards to funding projects and also likely to have more access to the hardware teams and other tech teams within the overall publisher umbrella (such as SCEWWS). I wouldn't expect the same of a game developed by an independent studio for a 1st party publisher, since without knowing the extent of the future relationship there's less reason to bring them into the inner circle, so to speak.

Code:
[B][U]Tsutaya Software Sales Rankings: Week 4, 2014 (Jan 20 - Jan 26)[/U][/B]

[b]1./NEW [PS3] Sengoku Basara 4[/b]
2./1. [3DS] Kirby Triple Deluxe
[b]3./NEW [PS3] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z[/b]
4./2. [3DS] PazuDora Z: Puzzle & Dragons Z
[b]5./NEW [PS3] Saints Row IV: Ultra Super Ultimate Deluxe Edition[/b]
[b]6./NEW [PSV] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z [/b]
7./50. [3DS] Attack on Titan: The Last Wings of Mankind
[b]8./NEW [PS3] Sengoku Basara 4 (Hyakka Ryouran Tamatebako Box)[/b]
9./3. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
10./7. [3DS] Youkai Watch
11./4. [PS3] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
12./5. [PSV] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster: Twin Pack 
13./6. [3DS] Battle For Money Sentouchuu: Densetsu no Shinobi no Survival Battle!
14./8. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4
15./11. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V
16./9. [3DS] Pokémon X
[b]17./NEW [PSV] Uta Kumi 575[/b]
18./10. [3DS] Pokémon Y
19./15. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014
20./12. [WIU] Super Mario 3D World
[B]* New releases are in bold
3DS - 9
PS3 - 7
PSV - 3
WIU - 1[/b]

Code:
[B][U]Comgnet Software Sales Rankings: Week 4, 2014 (Jan 20 - Jan 26)[/U][/B]

[b]1. [PS3] Sengoku Basara 4 – 347pt[/b]
2. [3DS] Youkai Watch – 123pt
3. [3DS] Kirby Triple Deluxe – 91pt
4. [3DS] Attack on Titan: The Last Wings of Mankind – 80pt
[b]5. [PS3] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z – 75pt[/b]
[b]6. [PS3] Saints Row IV: Ultra Super Ultimate Deluxe Edition – 65pt[/b]
7. [3DS] PazuDora Z: Puzzle & Dragons Z – 46pt
[b]8. [PSV] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z – 41pt[/b]
9. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds – 31pt
10. [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life – 31pt
[b]11. [PS3] Sengoku Basara 4 (Hyakka Ryouran Tamatebako Box) – 28pt[/b]
12. [3DS] Pokémon X – 24pt
[b]13. [PSV] Uta Kumi 575 – 22pt[/b]
14. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 – 22pt
15. [3DS] Battle For Money Sentouchuu: Densetsu no Shinobi no Survival Battle! – 21pt
16. [PS3] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster – 18pt
17. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V – 17pt
18. [WIU] Super Mario 3D World – 14pt
19. [PSV] God Eater 2 – 12pt
[b]20. [PSP] La Corda d'Oro 3: Another Sky feat. Jinnan – 10pt[/b]
[B]* New releases are in bold
* 1 pt = 1 sale
3DS - 9
PS3 - 6
PSV - 3
WIU - 1
PSP - 1[/B]

Code:
[B][U]New releases not present in either Top 20:[/U]

[3DS] Karous: The Beast of Re:Eden

[PSP] -8
[PSP] -8 (Limited Edition)
[PSP] Sengoku Hime 4: Souha Hyakkei, Hanamoru Chikai
[PSP] Sengoku Hime 4: Souha Hyakkei, Hanamoru Chikai (Limited Edition)

[PS3] Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel (EA Best Hits)

[360] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
[360] Saints Row IV: Ultra Super Ultimate Deluxe Edition[/B]

For the people who aren't regulars in Media Create threads:

What is Tsutaya?
Tsutaya is a major retailer with 1,440 retail stores (612 that sell new games) all across Japan.

What is Comgnet?
Comgnet is the website for the retailer "COMG!" that has 17 retail stores across the Niigata Prefecture in Japan.

Why post these rankings?
They are released three days before Media Create + Famitsu + Dengeki give us nationwide sales, so we get a general indication of how well the games will perform relative to their competition.

How accurate is Tsutaya compared to nationwide retail tracking services?
It's large enough that it gives a very probable indication of future sales rankings, but it's not large enough to be definitive.

How accurate were Tsutaya's rankings last week?
Code:
1./1. [3DS] Kirby Triple Deluxe - #1 with Media Create (same ranking)
2./2. [3DS] PazuDora Z: Puzzle & Dragons Z - #2 with Media Create (same ranking)
3./3. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - #5 with Media Create (2 places off)
4./4. [PS3] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - #7 with Media Create (3 places off)
5./5. [PSV] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster: Twin Pack - #9 with Media Create (4 places off)
6./9. [3DS] Battle For Money Sentouchuu: Densetsu no Shinobi no Survival Battle! - #6 with Media Create (same ranking)
7./17. [3DS] Youkai Watch - #4 with Media Create (3 places off)
8./6. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 - #8 with Media Create (same raking)
9./7. [3DS] Pokémon X - N/A (SKU discrepancies)
10./10. [3DS] Pokémon Y - N/A (SKU discrepancies)

Accuracy:

[LIST]
[*]Total Deviation (excluding combined SKUs): 12 places

[*]The average Top 10 Tsutaya ranking was ~1.5 places different from the average Top 10 Media Create ranking.

[*]80% unadjusted / 89% adjusted of Media Create's Top 10 was reflected within Tsutaya's Top 10.[/LIST]History:

Week 47: ~1.3 places different
Week 48: ~2.4 places different
Week 49: ~1.4 places different
Week 50: ~2.4 places different (70% unadjusted / 88% adjusted of MC Top 10 in Tsutaya Top 10)
Week 51: ~1.4 places different (60% unadjusted / 75% adjusted of MC Top 10 in Tsutaya Top 10)
Week 52: ~2.1 places different (60% unadjusted / 75% adjusted of MC Top 10 in Tsutaya Top 10)
Week 1: ~2.5 places different (70% unadjusted / 77% adjusted of MC Top 10 in Tsutaya Top 10)
Week 2: ~2.0 places different (70% unadjusted / 77% adjusted of MC Top 10 in Tsutaya Top 10)

Famitsu: ~3,600 stores
Media Create + Dengeki: >3,000 stores
Tsutaya: 612 stores
Comgnet: 17 stores

2013 Tsutaya + Comgnet Weekly Sales Archive
2014 Tsutaya + Comgnet Weekly Sales Archive

Glass Rebel

It could definitely be useful if everybody would follow a clear definition but seeing as everybody seems to have something different in mind when using itand the resulting semantic arguments... The destinction is definitely important for the reasons you mention, I just find the term silly.

test_account

XP-39C²
sörine;98565515 said:
I dont think that many people say this though, especially not for handheld Nintendo systems in Japan. Its true that Nintendo's games usually sell the most, but that havnt stopped 3rd party support.

sörine

Banned
I dont think that many people say this though, especially not for handheld Nintendo systems in Japan. Its true that Nintendo's games usually sell the most, but that havnt stopped 3rd party support.
Pie and Beans alluded to it earlier as a reason to support Vita over 3DS which is why I brought it up.

Gaist is definitely the most chilling example, but I also think One Piece Unlimited Red World didn't perform as well as I would have expected it to (which is pretty odd considering its brand) and I think games like Toukiden, Soul Sacrifice, and God Eater just benefit from this vacuum of power left behind on the Vita. They dont have an all consuming Sony first party to butt heads with, nor the legit Monster Hunter as the obvious sales choice.

Vita's death round the world is on Sony wests ambivalence, but Sony Japan certainly did good making it the off-brand home of hunting games and split PS3/PSV anime stuff.

test_account

XP-39C²
sörine;98580416 said:
Pie and Beans alluded to it earlier as a reason to support Vita over 3DS which is why I brought it up.
I see. Strong competition can be a factor if the sales of a specific game is weak, but i dont think it is the only reason, regardless if its a 1st party or a 3rd party game. And having a popular genre on a system can also potentially help other games in the same genre, as you mentioned earlier.

Speaking of this, which hunting game do you think would be stifled out on the Vita because Sony made Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
sörine;98577494 said:
What's the distinction between this and just a 3rd party developer? 1st party vs 3rd party seems like a clearer distinction for what you're talking about here?

Well a game published by a console vendor generally can never show up on another console, whereas a third party game might only be a timed exclusive.

Bruno MB

Superior tracker has One Piece higher and it debuted a lot lower so its' legs are better.

Superior tracker also says that it hasn't even sold its initial shipment yet, it will at least need 2 extra months or even more since sales will quickly slow down.

I think SB did well. 200k+ opening up there with the best selling entry SB3 iirc.

That's very optimistic, I wouldn't expect more than 150k.

Jamix012

Well with re-releases and budget editions RE5 is also over a million. Still only two though.

If one discounts budget and releases (and generally I wouldn't but for the sake of a silly comparison I will) then the Wii U will soon have as many million sellers as the PS3. It really shows how the PS3 was propelled by small to mid level games in Japan.

Edit: Didn't realise Super Mario Bros. U already had a million on Famitsu. Damn.

sörine

Banned
I see. Strong competition can be a factor if the sales of a specific game is weak, but i dont think it is the only reason, regardless if its a 1st party or a 3rd party game. And having a popular genre on a system can also potentially help other games in the same genre, as you mentioned earlier.

Speaking of this, which hunting game do you think would be stifled out on the Vita because Sony made Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars?
I don't personally think that they do. Sorry if that wasn't clear in my post, I was just inverting the sort of faulty logic often used against Nintendo.

I would say Soul Sacrifice actually helped build the hunting market on Vita and 3rd parties benefit from that more than anything. It's the same sort of thing with Halo helping build the fps market on Xbox, Mario building a market for platformers on Nintendo consoles or Wii Sports building a casual games audience on Wii. 3rd parties benefitted directly in each of those cases and more than they did with the competition.

Well a game published by a console vendor generally can never show up on another console, whereas a third party game might only be a timed exclusive.
So for you a second party would simply be any 3rd party developer working on a 1st party game? That doesn't seem much clearer, at least the classic 2nd party usage usually referred to a mutually beneficial exclusive relationship with the vendor.

I mean going by this Sega was a PS2, Gamecube and Xbox 2nd party simultaneously in addition to being a 3rd party on all those systems? Why not simply say they were a contracted 3rd party developer on some projects?

I prefer using "1st party" when we're talking about commissioned (by platform manufacturers) games created by non-affiliate third-parties (Nintendo / Sony / Microsoft owns no stake in the company / company management isn't stacked with Nintendo staffers).
That's what Sony calls them too, using "internal" and "external" development to differentiate between the two. Of course, now you have the third party productions team messing things up at Sony, since they come under the third party relations division rather than World Wide Studios/first party.

hiska-kun

Saints Row IV was sold out this weekend in Bic Camera (with 80% selltrhough day one, it's normal). &#21697;&#20999;&#12428;&#20013;
srivso_zps5fbc3d27.png

It seems chunsoft finally met demand with Attack on Titan. Youkai Watch is the game that now is facing stock problems.
ywso_zps514926f3.png

The rest is all available.

If one discounts budget and releases (and generally I wouldn't but for the sake of a silly comparison I will) then the Wii U will soon have as many million sellers as the PS3. It really shows how the PS3 was propelled by small to mid level games in Japan.

Edit: Didn't realise Super Mario Bros. U already had a million on Famitsu. Damn.

Isn't the reason NSMB U is at 1 million and Wii party U is so high is because they were given free with new WiiU's. They sold like 400k alone just in the holidays iirc because of this.

I posted this before but the main reason the PS3 does not as many million sellers is due to franchises collapsing (like DW, WE, GT) and the loss of DQ.

You could argue that the franchises collapsing is due to being PS3 but I disagree. PS3 definitely has the user base to support 1-2 million sellers and with so many entries of WE and DW if you wanted to play those games you had ample chance. I doubt either franchise will make a comeback in the PS4 era. Heck we saw the some franchises decline even during the PS2 era.

hiska-kun

LTD targets from publishers (According to sinobi)

[PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥7.980) - 250k
[PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost [Premium G Sound Edition] <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥10.980) - 150k
Total Gundam - 400k

[PS3] Diablo III <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥7.980) - 100k

[PSV] Disgaea 4 Return <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥6.729) - 50k
[PSV] Amagami (EBKore+) <SLG> (Kadokawa Games) (¥5.040) - 100k

[3DS] Toushin Toshi <RPG> (Image Epoch) (¥6.279) - 70k

hiska-kun

Ah, yes, totally missed that one. It was friggin' time, wonder what was the hold-up. Let's hope the game doesn't go back in shortage territory in just a few days.

I think will be safe from now. It was restocked from last monday, and still available.

But it was a totally missed oportunity, the game would be already at +300k with the proper stock.

jakncoke

Banned
Saints Row IV was sold out this weekend in Bic Camera (with 80% selltrhough day one, it's normal). &#21697;&#20999;&#12428;&#20013;
http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/hiska-kun/srivso_zps5fbc3d27.png/IMG]

It seems chunsoft finally met demand with Attack on Titan. Youkai Watch is the game that now is facing stock problems.
[IMG]http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/hiska-kun/ywso_zps514926f3.png/IMG]

The rest is all available.[/QUOTE]

Saints Row the 3rd had opening weekends 34,140 (ps3) and 16,890 (360) , curious if 4 will open higher

L~A

I think will be safe from now. It was restocked from last monday, and still available.

But it was a totally missed oportunity, the game would be already at +300k with the proper stock.

Actually, I think that with the holidays + New Year, it could have reached 500LTD (though that'd depend on when the next game is coming), but maybe I'm a tad optimistic :p

Let's just hope that Spike-Chunsoft will be more prepared for the inevitable "sequel" (probably when the anime gets a second season).

Actually, I think that with the holidays + New Year, it could have reached 500LTD (though that'd depend on when the next game is coming), but maybe I'm a tad optimistic :p

Let's just hope that Spike-Chunsoft will be more prepared for the inevitable "sequel" (probably when the anime gets a second season).

Is it possible that would be the company's most successful game ever (that's not DQ)? Even at 200k which it is at is way up there?

Most Spike and Chunsoft games highly struggle to do barely anything remarkable IIRC.

Edit: Not quite, both have had 200-300k games, but none have exceeded 400k at least according to Japan LTD Ranking.

Shengar

The rest is all available.

Japan must love all crazy shits that the game have to offer. Putting the crazyness aside with GTA V almost reached 700k, is this mean that open-world western game welcomed by Japanese now?

So what about MH4G, did Capcom kill MH4 and its Best Price rerelease?

Indeed, they could release a Best price edition in spring/summer that could sell a few hundred thousands copies, but either way with next expansion just a few months away it would be bound to have shorter legs than previous Best price MHs.

Spiegel

Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light tops 1M downloads in the first 4 days
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/economy/news/140124/biz14012417230016-n1.htm

I don't know if that's a high or low for a F2P game.

Indeed, they could release a Best price edition in spring/summer that could sell a few hundred thousands copies, but either way with next expansion just a few months away it would be bound to have shorter legs than previous Best price MHs.

They already released a best re-release. Capcom shipped 4M and the game hasn't sold anywhere near those numbers. The price of those 300k copies will have to get slashed by retailers if they plan to sell them before MH4G hits.

mrjohill

Could be. They announced MH4G too early. If people starts to know that an upgrated version is coming, sales could collapse and retailers forced to discount. Will see what happens.

I think making the save transferable should help stem that potential problem

sörine

Banned
Could be. They announced MH4G too early. If people starts to know that an upgrated version is coming, sales could collapse and retailers forced to discount. Will see what happens.
I think data transfer forward probably helps vanilla MH4 somewhat. No reason to wait if you'll be slogging through the same stuff to get to G-rank anyway.

L~A

I'm pretty sure they'll do it like Fantasy Life Link! and Bravely Default : For the Sequel : have the G content available as a 20 bucks DLC, while having a separate, full-package retail version.

Would solve the problem of people not buying vanilla MH4 because the new version was just announced...

Top Bottom