• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 3, 2015 (Jan 12 - Jan 18)

sphinx

the piano man
PS4 already trouncing WiiU, just imagine when the heavy hitters start to come out to PS, lol poor thing.

that and when PS4 doesn't have to compete against the PS3, I think it will be the clear winner in Japan.

WiiU is selling to a fanbase with only 1 home console in the market....

Oregano

Given the high success rate of third-party games on 3DS, I'd say the former is more likely. Next week we are going to have an unknown new IP from a niche software house opening at 50k if not more on 3DS.

You can't really apply a one size fits all mentality like that though. Kenka Bancho is one of the only beat-em ups on the 3DS and has a very different feel than the rest of the 3DS' line up, Legend of Legacy is a classic RPG which is a genre already popular on the 3DS.

Am I seeing different PS4 data to everyone else? It's not exactly bombing, but it sure doesn't seem to be performing very well..

StevieP

Banned
^
No, people are just excited to bust out their chalkboards for the console here, and with each passing milestone we will have to cross things out just as with the other failed console in Japan. This one will certainly fail less badly with more support, though, so there is that.

that and when PS4 doesn't have to compete against the PS3, I think it will be the clear winner in Japan.

WiiU is selling to a fanbase with only 1 home console in the market....

The PS3 was and is a successful console with a viable userbase in Japan. The ps4 isn't really going to be that. At least not for a long time

SmokyDave

Maybe Kenka Bancho 6 would have done better on the Vita? I'm not sure maybe?
Maybe. It's a 3D brawler, isn't it? Seems like something the Vita cats would like. Akiba's Trip did 33-34k first week, though that has the whole stripping thing going on.

It's a shame we'll never know. I'd have liked to play the game.

Am I seeing different PS4 data to everyone else? It's not exactly bombing, but it sure doesn't seem to be performing very well..

Most people are holding judgement to PS4 performance until it start having a heavy hitter bombing. Most likely the talk if the PS4 is doomed or not will start once DQ Heroes is released.

random25

19./15. [WIU] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker <ADV> (Nintendo) {2014.11.13} (¥3.996) - 2.868 / 132.369 <60-80%> (-30%)

Go for 150k Cap!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
19./15. [WIU] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker <ADV> (Nintendo) {2014.11.13} (¥3.996) - 2.868 / 132.369 <60-80%> (-30%)

Go for 150k Cap!

Yay! I wonder if, considering also the good sales we saw in the NPD (and it's good positioning in some PAL market) we will see other similar "smaller projects" on Wii U.

hiska-kun

We start from next week
(Underlined: new release dates)

Week 4 2015 (22nd of January)

[PS3] Tales of Zestiria
[3DS] Legend of Legacy
[WIU] Touch! Kirby Super Rainbow

Week 5 2015 (29th of January)

[PS4] [PS3] Far Cry 4
[PS4] BladeStorm: 100 years of War & Nightmare
[3DS] Devil Survivor 2: Break

Week 6 2015 (5th of February)

[PS4] Bloodborne
(delayed)
[PS3] [PS4] Dragon Ball Xenoverse
[3DS] Lost Heroes 2
[PSV] EbiKore Fotokano Kiss

Week 7 2015 (11th of February)

[PS3] [PS4] [PSV] Samurai Warriors 4-II
[3DS] The Seven Deadly Sins: Unjust Sin
[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (14th of February)

Week 8 2015 (19th of February)

Hardware PSV Debut Pack
[PSV] [PS4] God Eater 2: Rage Burst
[PS4] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
[PS4] The Order 1886 (20 of February)

Week 9 2015 (26th of February)

[PS4] [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes

Week 10 2015 (5th of March)

[3DS] Etrian Odyssey Mysterious Dungeon

Week 11 2015 (12 of March)

[PS4] [PS3] Resident Evil Revelations 2
[PS4] [PS3] Yakuza 0
[PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
[WIU] Mario Party 10

Week 12 2015 (19 of March)

[PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
[PS4] Battlefield Hardline
[3DS] [WIU] Mario VS Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars

Week 13 2015 (26 of March)

[PS4] Bloodborne
[PS3] [PS4] [PSV] One Piece: Pirates Warriors 3
[PSV] [PS3] Sword Art Online: Lost Song
[PSV] [PS4] Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
[PS4] Disgaea 5
[PS3] [PS4] [PSV] Kagero: Another Princess
[3DS] Theatrhythm Dragon Quest

Week 14 2015 (2nd of April)

[PS3] [PSV] Super Robot Taisen Z 3rd
[PS4] Earth Defence Force 4.1
[3DS] [WIU] Rodea: The Sky Soldier
[3DS] Xenoblade 3D

Week 15 2015 (9th of April)

[PS4] Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

Week 16 2015 (15th of April)

[3DS] Style Savvy 3: Kirakira Code

Week 17 2015 (23rd of April)

[3DS] Bravely Second
[PS4] Toukiden: Kiwami
[PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II

Week 18 2015 (29 of April)

[3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Edition
[WIU] Xenoblade X
[WIU] [WII] Dragon Quest X 3.0 version

Week 19 2015 => Golden Week

May

[3DS] Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
[WIU] Splatoon

Summer

[3DS] Fire Emblem IF
[3DS] Rhythm Paradise 3D

random25

Yay! I wonder if, considering also the good sales we saw in the NPD (and it's good positioning in some PAL market) we will see other similar "smaller projects" on Wii U.

I think we'll see more down the line. The new Kirby game can be considered one looking at its MSRP. Hopefully Rainbow Curse can do as good, if not better.

Cornbread78

Damn, Sony needs to split these up a little bit somehow:

[PS4] Bloodborne
[PS4] Disgaea 5

April and May could use some titles.

Disgaea V should move back to April 15th
One Piece PW3 shoudl move back to May. That would at least split up the release dates a little because if not a few of rhose titles are going to get lost in the shuffle.

Oregano

Awesome, that automatically makes it immune to any 'bomba' tomfoolery.

Vita version is digital only in the west.

Well I'm not actually sure now. I didn't think they had set a release date for the Vita version?

[PS4] Bloodborne
[PS4] Disgaea 5

Disgaea V should move back to April
One Piece PW3 shoudl move back to May. That would at least split up the release dates a little because if not a few of rhose titles are going to get lost in the shuffle.

Nippon Ichi probably can't afford to delay Disgaea to the next fiscal year.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

[PS4] Bloodborne
[PS4] Disgaea 5

Disgaea V should move back to April

Isn't OP still one of the biggest titles there, I'm not sure Namco is all that interested in moving it. It's things like Disgaea Kagero and maybe Senran Kagura that should contemplate it.

Interfectum

this-is-sparta-o.gif

vE3vD41.gif

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
We start from next week
(Underlined: new release dates)
---

Unless Sony has something big for December, PS4 will have big problem matching last year's YTD. Only March is strong so far and whatever rise it gets at hw won't be able to top the launch. At the end of March 2014 its YTD was 500k.

hiska-kun

[PS4] Bloodborne
[PS4] Disgaea 5

Disgaea V should move back to April 15th

Every year, the last week of March is full of titles. Because it's when the fiscal year ends, and the companies want to release their titles before this date to get their profits. Delaying a game just for a week means a lot.

L~A

Every year, the last week of March is full of titles. Because it's when the fiscal year ends, and the companies want to release their titles before this date to get their profits. Delaying a game just for a week means a lot.

Yup, and it's a double-edged sword... There's gonna be casualties during that last week of the FY.

Week 8 2015 (19th of February)

Hardware PSV Debut Pack
[PSV] [PS4] God Eater 2: Rage Burst
[PS4] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
[PS4] The Order 1886 (20 of February)

Week 9 2015 (26th of February)

[PS4] [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes

Week 11 2015 (12 of March)

[PS4] [PS3] Resident Evil Revelations 2
[PS4] [PS3] Yakuza 0
[PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

Week 12 2015 (19 of March)

[PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
[PS4] Battlefield Hardline

[PS4] Bloodborne
[PS4] Disgaea 5

Week 14 2015 (2nd of April)

[PS3] [PSV] Super Robot Taisen Z 3rd
[PS4] Earth Defence Force 4.1

Week 15 2015 (9th of April)

[PS4] Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

I see PS Hardware gaining momentum by Week 8 and not stopping until week 15 at the latest.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Isn't OP still one of the biggest titles there, I'm not sure Namco is all that interested in moving it. It's things like Disgaea Kagero and maybe Senran Kagura that should contemplate it.

Not many will care for Kagero at either platform and Senran Kagura is like Toukiden and Senran Kagura: With Vita version available PS4 and PS3 versions will be invinsible.

hiska-kun

Grand Theft Auto V LTD update:

[360] Grand Theft Auto V {2013-10-10} - 26.612 / 38.220*
[PS3] Grand Theft Auto V {2013-10-10} - 360.115 / 778.762*
[PS3] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price] {2014-06-26} - 6.732 / 112.500
[PS4] Grand Theft Auto V {2014-12-11} - 81.659 / 150.882

Total = 1.080.364

*Missing some sales

Numbers are from the superior tracker :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Media Create:
Code:
Week  |   2013  |   2014  |   2015   |
------------------------------------
Week 1| 279,259 | 176,555 |  153,166 |
Week 2|  92,661 |  60,154 |   57,674 |
Week 3|  81,855 |  47,438 |   44,229 |

Well, the 3DS is certainly holding better than last year.

I think it would have been reasonable to expect something in the range of a 20-30% drop year over year without the New 3DS, so it seems to be holding most of that off so far.

Week 4 was the lowest week until Week 8 last year, so it'll be interesting to see how that comparison develops.

Cornbread78

Well I'm not actually sure now. I didn't think they had set a release date for the Vita version?

Nippon Ichi probably can't afford to delay Disgaea to the next fiscal year.

I guess it's a lose:lose situation for Disgaea then. It will get burried on that day with those other titles and it really needs to get as many sales as possible to keep the studio open. This is bad, really bad...

Is it really a wise decision for a cat to move to Japan, though? ;X

wow, ICE COLD....
frozen-cat-87448031248.jpeg

Takao

Banned
PS2 : Kenka Bancho ( Spike ) { 2005-06-09 } - 41,843 / 108,958
PS2 : Kenka Bancho [Playstation 2 the Best] ( Spike ) { 2005-12-01 } - - / 34,718
PS2 : Kenka Bancho 2: Full Throttle ( Spike ) { 2007-03-08 } - 43,087 / 85,632
PSP : Kenka Bancho 3: Badass Rumble ( Spike ) { 2008-11-27 } - 48,685 / 141,627
PSP : Kenka Bancho Portable ( Spike ) { 2009-10-29 } - 5,300 / 28,295
PSP : Kenka Bancho 3: Badass Rumble [PSP the Best] ( Spike ) { 2009-11-26 } - 1,300 / 31,774
PSP : Kenka Bancho 4: Ichinen Sensou ( Spike ) { 2010-02-25 } - 72,923 / 179,354
PSP : Kenka Bancho 4: Ichinen Sensou [PSP the Best] ( Spike ) { 2010-12-02 } - - / 38,339
PSP : Kenka Bancho 5: Otoko no Rule ( Spike ) { 2011-01-27 } - 64,358 / 137,146
PSP : Kenka Bancho 5: Otoko no Rule [PSP the Best] ( Spike ) { 2012-01-26 } - - / 22,998
PSP : Kenka Bancho Bros.: Tokyo Battle Royale ( Spike Chunsoft ) { 2012-06-21 } - 18,810 / 56,776
3DS : Kenka Bancho 6: Soul & Blood (Spike Chunsoft) {2015.01.15} - 22.337 / NEW

on the bright side
selling like that might make spike chunsoft sell localization rights for rock bottom so maybe it could come over even if kb3 psp sold poorly

monpiece

Banned
Seems like Kenka Bancho is another series that is past its prime and may never come back again outside mobile.

Looking at the upcoming releases, I wonder if the systems can support many releases at the same time, since it is not one of the big sales period. Companies may want to put numbers in their FY reports, but it is counterproductive to sacrifice sales in the long term.

jblank83

There's nothing here to gloat about or troll for anyone, not Sony fanboys and not Nintendo fanboys. PS4 at 15k is horrifying. Wii U at 9k is horrifying. 3DS is the only system with any traction.

This is why noted Japanese development and Sony figures lamented Nintendo's poor sales with the Wii U. It signifies problems in their market.

Traditional gaming hardware makers need to find something to attract some users back to their systems (without completely selling out to the casual spectrum) and they need to find a way to better serve core users (thus strengthening and stabillizing their sales in that segment of the market).

Is it really a wise decision for a cat to move to Japan, though? ;X

Get out (leave).

monpiece

Banned
I am starting to feel annoyed by Famitsu and MC discrepancy regarding 3DS hardware.

It is not very important as long as the numbers are not like guestimation firms with errors over 1000%

we all knew that the Xbox One would bomb horribly, but 300, holy crap.

Well, if it sold 1000 / week, the tragedy would be the same. The ridiculously low numbers probably serve better as an indication that people in Japan are probably holding their purchases, even among the higher classes.

Oregano

I wonder if we can get to the point where we have five of the top six platforms below 10K. Has that happened yet?

I reckon it could happen during the summer if there isn't any big releases announced before then. Even better do you think we could get to a point where total hardware sales are lower than 50K?(including 3DS)

Top Bottom