• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 30, 2013 (Jul 22 - Jul 28)

Hmm...Ketsui PS3 nowhere to be found. It seems to have done worse than I was expecting. Still, I wouldn't be too surprised if 5pb attempts to port Bullet Soul over, but that's the most I'd expect at this point.

indeed, but who wanted to play Ketsui already bought it on 360 three years ago...

The last DoDonPachi sold 14k on a dead platform, consider it's the best result on 360 this year after Gears of War:Judgment and EDF4 (both over 20k)

I thought I'd ask here as well, since it's a general Sales-Age question:

When retailers return unsold product, do companies have to record that as negative unit sales in their financial reporting?

I know that Ubisoft have recorded negative revenue before.

When retailers return unsold product, do companies have to record that as negative unit sales in their financial reporting?

I don't think it's a normal thing to return a fully functional product, usually the only way to get rid of something a retailer has already taken in is to sell it, and in the case of things that aren't selling well you do this by slashing the price.

This is where the negative revenue from ubi comes in i believe. Publishers need to put some guarantee of price in order for retailers (at least the large ones) to take in big stock orders so if retailer have to sell below that price to move a certain amount of inventory the publisher is the one to take the hit.

At least i think this is the way the price protection that SE is always bitching about when they overship works.

well. this is a nice surprise. VERY NICE.

Capcom looking a bit dumb not doing multi plat for MH4 or 5.

It's honestly probably not even worth it for them. Any MH fans who own a vita(or any other platform really) are likely to just buy it on 3ds otherwise they aren't really mh fans so the port/multiplat would only be there for people who might just pick it up just because its there?

Basically i don't think a 3ds/vita/psp/wiiu/ps3 mh4 would really sell that much better than just 3ds mh4 it would just be spread out among more platforms.

Try thinking a bit more about why a series that exploded because of local Adhoc play would be bad as a multiplatform title.

No i don't think this is true at all especially for something that sells as well as mh. There are plenty of other multiplayer games that survive on much lower userbases.

3.5 mill 3ds ad 500k vita vs just 4 million 3ds, i doubt the majority of players would even notice a difference since you would buy it for the system your freinds are on anyway.

I don't think it's a normal thing to return a fully functional product, usually the only way to get rid of something a retailer has already taken in is to sell it, and in the case of things that aren't selling well you do this by slashing the price.

This is where the negative revenue from ubi comes in i believe. Publishers need to put some guarantee of price in order for retailers (at least the large ones) to take in big stock orders so if retailer have to sell below that price to move a certain amount of inventory the publisher is the one to take the hit.

At least i think this is the way the price protection that SE is always bitching about when they overship works.
But surely some product will never sell, and will simply be taking up shelf space or warehouse space that you'll want/need back. This total write-off software - what happens to that. Does it actually get ETed?

I'm curious because essentially over half of Wii U's US software shipments remain unsold, despite likely long being bargain binned. Nintendo still records that they've shipped 7.8M units of software to the Americas though.

Dalthien

Actual returns are very rare. Most publishers have price protection deals in place with retailers (in the west), where the publisher agrees to eat the cost of price drops that are necessary in order to move the merchandise. So if a retailer orders too much stock, and has to drop the price to clear the glut of inventory - then they would get a credit back from the publisher for that price drop on their next order of merchandise.

Retailers don't have free will to drop the price willy-nilly - they have to clear it with the publisher, but if the publisher refuses the price protection, that's when the retailer's only alternative is to return the product. Nobody wants to be bothered with that hassle (retailer or publisher) so it rarely comes to that.

And then you have the odd publisher (like Nintendo) that generally doesn't offer price protection at all (varies by game and retailer, of course, but they typically avoid price protection on most of their product). The downside to that is that retailers only order what they know they can sell, because they don't want to get stuck with excess inventory that they can't discount (which is why you see so many of Nintendo's popular titles having shortage issues early on). The upside is that Nintendo doesn't have to worry about taking a big price protection hit the following quarter after a game ships, and Nintendo's games hold their price point at retail far, far longer than the typical game.

In any case, as for the accounting of a return - they can record it as a negative sale, or set up a separate ledger account for Returns, which would then be subtracted from sales, to get a Net Sales figure. It all works out the same in the end.

I'm curious because essentially over half of Wii U's US software shipments remain unsold, despite likely long being bargain binned. Nintendo still records that they've shipped 7.8M units of software to the Americas though.

Without a price protection arrangement with Nintendo, then that merchandise cannot be returned unless it is defective.

Road

Considering it's sell through rate according to Famitsu (60%~80%), they can't have been expecting much more for its first week.

The last (and only other Lego game in Japan that I've heard of) had a LTD of 20K on the PS2.

This has been explained before. Just because the sell-through is high it doesn't mean it is meeting the expectations of the publisher. Nintendo might have wanted to sell 200k copies of LEGO, but they can't simply force retailers to buy a game they don't think will sell.

Konami's earnings results are out. Didn't see anything relevant: http://www.konami.co.jp/en/ir/ir-data/meeting/2013/0801_815320.pdf

This has been explained before. Just because the sell-through is high it doesn't mean it is meeting the expectations of the publisher. Nintendo might have wanted to sell 200k copies of LEGO, but they can't simply force retailers to buy a game they don't think will sell.

OK, sure. Maybe the game will have legs, if the word of mouth is good (being, effectively, a new IP) and require a second shipment at some point.

L Thammy

Congratulations to hiska-kun for winning by both units and percents for the 2nd month in a row!!

That Gaf guy was really off this month with a couple of exceptions.

Ace Attorney was my only prediction that wasn't totally off the mark. I need to step it up.

AniHawk

Konami's earnings results are out. Didn't see anything relevant: http://www.konami.co.jp/en/ir/ir-data/meeting/2013/0801_815320.pdf

so metal gear solid v april 2014 at the earliest.

AniHawk

well. this is a nice surprise. VERY NICE.

Capcom looking a bit dumb not doing multi plat for MH4 or 5.

some games just won't appear on some platforms. not sure why, but persona 4 golden, touikoden, dangan ronpa 1+2, and god eater 2 could have appeared on a userbase six times as large, but that's not the case. hell there should hardly be any vita or psp/vita exclusives at all if it means a 3ds version would open up another stream of revenue.

No i don't think this is true at all especially for something that sells as well as mh. There are plenty of other multiplayer games that survive on much lower userbases.

3.5 mill 3ds ad 500k vita vs just 4 million 3ds, i doubt the majority of players would even notice a difference since you would buy it for the system your freinds are on anyway.
Then you just get the crowding effect going on. What bizarre circle of friends exists who all agree to buy the version available on the platform they probably don't all own?

Blue-kun

You know many people, including me, still take offense to the word 'jap', especially non-capitalized.

As for your premise, considering that the 3DS has multiple 3rd party games over 500K and the Vita is yet to have any (as far as I know, please correct me), coupled with the fact that Tokiden, Soul Sacrifice, and Dragon's Crown all do cater to similar, if not the same, markets, I think it's too early to say it's smarter to develop a game on the Vita, unless it is targeting the same general market.

Having 3rd party titles that sold more than 500k when they're games by Level-5 and/or <insert mainstream publisher/title> here doesn't mean much when you toss it against a bunch of more niche title or new IPs on the Vita. I mean, sure, I can't exactly say Soul Sacrifice didn't have some marketing behind it, but it was a new IP on a genre that's completely dominated by Monhan, and which also had a different artstyle that was a hard sell in Japan in general. Proof of that is how even Toukiden, which came "out of the blue", ended up selling better than SS. Plus, those two were new IPs, so I'd say breaking 200k is pretty great, more so when you consider titles like SMT IV and Persona 4 Golden also ended up in the ~200~300k area.

On the other hand though, what no one ever seems to do is go look for games developed by smaller studios and published on the 3DS, and pitch those against some of Vita's offerings. I don't want to say they're the same, because obviously Dragon's Crown had a lot more money put into it, and VW already have a sort of following, but I was reminded of Code of Princess, on the 3DS, and how that game did like, 19k on its first week? Hardly impressive numbers. Senran Kagura, for instance, also ended up doing much better numbers on the Vita than on the 3DS, and while the games were different (and the Vita one's arguably better), it's still another case where the Vita ended up pushing better numbers for the dev/publisher when talking about niche/smaller titles.

I'd say the Vita is a pretty interesting platformer for smaller devs and niche titles, and at least when these are concerned, putting games there MIGHT actually be more interesting than 3DS. 'Course, these are all very specific cases, but it's not a recent trend and the Vita keeps getting more and more niche 3rd party support, so they're definitely doing something right here.

I've heard first hand that this is very much the case. Vita has proven itself as a sustainable platform and with lower entry costs than 3DS, it is a much more viable option for small to mid-size devs. Vita is definitely alive and well in Japan.

Well i guess with massively lowered expectations sure its doing great.

Pretty much saying that any platformer should be able to sell as much as Mario, because it caters to the same market, that is, "fans of platforming games". It doesn't work like that, obviously, because some people will buy Mario but not anything else, much in the same way how there are people who won't play every hunting game and are loyal/only interested in Monhan over other similar titles. In a way, this is actually the majority of the mainstream market, which Monhan definitely is a part of right now, after the really big popularity boost it got on the PSP.

Other than that, don't forget both Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden are new IPs, and even Monhan didn't exactly start selling all it sells nowadays in the first game.

I think it'd be a lot more interesting if whoever wants to compare stuff went and found niche 3rd party titles on the 3DS (which isn't the Level-5s and what not) and compared it to the niche stuff on the Vita. I'd do it myself, but to be fair, I don't quite remember any such titles on the 3DS from the top of my head right now.

I'm not sure if you're attempting to agree or disagree with me, but that's not what I am saying at all. I'm, ignoring the 500K sales comment, saying the games that have done well on the Vita, the ones I listed anyway, all approach a largely similar (but not necessarily the same) niche demographic, therefore the statement that it is smart for all Japanese developers to focus on the platform is silly.

Blue-kun

I'm not sure if you're attempting to agree or disagree with me, but that's not what I am saying at all. I'm, ignoring the 500K sales comment, saying the games that have done well on the Vita, the ones I listed anyway, all approach a largely similar (but not necessarily the same) niche fan-base, therefore the statement that it is smart for all Japanese developers to focus on the platform is silly.

I... actually reread what I typed after posting it and pretty much edited all of it, lol. I think the new one better reflects what I wanted to say, so please give it a read. But anyway, replying to this, I do agree with you that not "all" people should focus on the platform, and I don't think orioto meant that, either. From the start I'm operating under the assumption that people are referring to a niche market that exists and is, apparently, quite healthy on the Vita, and how for those developers/publishers, it might be an interesting place to put their games on, as opposed to the 3DS.

Of course, that's not saying niche stuff won't/can't ever sell on the 3DS, but it just seems like the Vita is the go-to platform for those kinds of games right now.

And once again, sorry for the full edit, but I completely misunderstood your post, and only noticed after publishing it, lol.

I... actually reread what I typed after posting it and pretty much edited all of it, lol. I think the new one better reflects what I wanted to say, so please give it a read. But anyway, replying to this, I do agree with you that not "all" people should focus on the platform, and I don't think orioto meant that, either. From the start I'm operating under the assumption that people are referring to a niche market that exists and is, apparently, quite healthy on the Vita, and how for those developers/publishers, it might be an interesting place to put their games on, as opposed to the 3DS.

Of course, that's not saying niche stuff won't/can't ever sell on the 3DS, but it just seems like the Vita is the go-to platform for those kinds of games right now.

And once again, sorry for the full edit, but I completely misunderstood your post, and only noticed after publishing it, lol.

No worries. I actually agree with your edit, and this post. I think niche and mid to smaller stuff on Vita can and will continue to do as well as, if not better than 3DS.

I'm not sure if you're attempting to agree or disagree with me, but that's not what I am saying at all. I'm, ignoring the 500K sales comment, saying the games that have done well on the Vita, the ones I listed anyway, all approach a largely similar (but not necessarily the same) niche fan-base, therefore the statement that it is smart for all Japanese developers to focus on the platform is silly.

I still don't agree with your statement that they are all targeting the same or similar fanbase. Definitely targeting the same young male demographic but there is a decent spread of genres/types of games.

In the same way need for speed and gears of war target the same demographic but different segments of it.

This is something that has come up for nintedo's wii u lineup but reversed. Their games for this year target a wider range of ages/demographics but its all aimed at the same market among them.

Pooya

Konami Q1

their sales got halved.
capture3vavt.png

capture210ryt.png

rest

http://www.konami.co.jp/en/ir/ir-data/meeting/2013/0801_815320.pdf

I still don't agree with your statement that they are all targeting the same or similar fanbase. Definitely targeting the same young male demographic but there is a decent spread of genres/types of games.

In the same way need for speed and gears of war target the same demographic but different segments of it.

This is something that has come up for nintedo's wii u lineup but reversed. Their games for this year target a wider range of ages/demographics but its all aimed at the same market among them.

Sorry, I thought I had written demographic. That is what I meant, I apologise for the mistake.

Takao

Banned
Great start for Ace Attorney5!
Very good numbers also for Dragons' Crown, especially for Vita, that sets a good HW number too.
Solid 3DS sfotware overall, with Mario&Luigi that drops, but not so much, Tomodatchi, AC, Luigi and even DK that hold.
About L5 I think that their policy of re-releases still pays: minimum efforts and decent number for both LBEW and Fantasy Life Link, imho. And Yokai Watch seems really solid, considering that it is a brand new IP and that the cross-media promotion isn't started yet.
Pikmin holds but overall it's negatively affected by a Wii U that obviously isn't hot at all.

Really? I'm pretty sure Level-5 just killed LBX:

[PSP] Little Battlers eXperience (Level-5) - 166.187 / 346.608
[PSP] Little Battlers eXperience Boost (Level-5) - 60.727 / 210.180
[3DS] Little Battlers eXperience Explosive Boost (Level-5) - 54.354 / 174.658
Total: 731.446

[PSP] Little Battlers eXperience W (Level-5) - 77.457 / 145.274
[PSV] Little Battlers eXperience W (Level-5) - 16.842 / 28.821
[3DS] Little Battlers eXperience W: Ultra Custom (Level-5) - 27.151 / 38.038
Total: 212.133

It's truly impressive. The 3DS version of W had to pick up the slack due to the PSP/Vita version doing so poorly, but so far it hasn't.

Level 5 makes Activision look like oasis of creativity and new IPs.

Which is pretty sad as development talent is there just the managment prefers to run few big things they have into ground.

Fisico

Congratulations to hiska-kun for winning by both units and percents for the 2nd month in a row!!

Code:
BY UNITS                             BY PERCENTAGE

1   324,306  hiska-kun                1  264.3%  hiska-kun
  2   365,346  Fisico                   2  265.6%  Fisico
  3   370,306  schuelma                 3  287.9%  Bruno MB
  4   392,653  Road                     4  292.3%  Road
  5   431,980  Bruno MB                 5  298.8%  Zeer0id
  6   453,944  metalslimer              6  309.1%  MasterSheen
  7   460,034  MasterSheen              7  311.3%  schuelma
  8   467,306  DrWong                   8  314.7%  ULTROS!
  9   474,618  ULTROS!                  9  318.8%  Frodo
 10   485,649  Chris1964               10  322.2%  metalslimer
 11   496,444  Zeer0id                 11  325.8%  darkside31337
 12   496,480  Frodo                   12  334.3%  DrWong
 13   511,278  The_lascar              13  350.3%  michaelius
 14   515,306  Gianni Merryman         14  354.8%  Chris1964
 15   530,290  L Thammy                15  378.1%  Gianni Merryman
 16   535,618  michaelius              16  385.9%  L Thammy
 17   539,116  darkside31337           17  395.6%  lunchwithyuzo
 18   559,320  lunchwithyuzo           18  402.5%  The_lascar
 19   594,480  Exterminieren           19  407.4%  Foshy
 20   601,618  Foshy                   20  418.6%  Exterminieren
 21   654,618  Coxy                    21  420.5%  Coxy
 22   657,306  Yeshua                  22  473.0%  Jamix012
 23   690,306  Jamix012                23  491.4%  Yeshua

Famitsu    Bruno MB  Jamix012  Foshy     Gianni Me Extermini lunchwith darkside3 Coxy      MasterShe L Thammy  DrWong    Zeer0id   michaeliu Frodo     Fisico    Yeshua    Chris1964 metalslim ULTROS!   schuelma  Road      hiska-kun The_lascar
[WIU] Hardware                      52,069     61000     65000     49000     80000     75000     66666     37000     35000     60000     33671     90000     45000     44000     57000     50000    100000     56789     49500     30000     68000     66666     71000     70000
[PS3+360] Earth Defense Force 4    220,856     80000     65000     81000     75000     67000     77777     60000     80000    100000     70000     80000     85000     60000     95000     75000     70000    123456    108000    100000    135000     88888    155000    100000
[3DS] Youkai Watch                 101,136     77500     52000     73000     75000     95000    111111     57500     60000    115000     62500    100000     90000     50000     87000    105000     80000     67890     94000     40000     60000    111111     88000    150000
[WIU] Pikmin 3                     149,087    145000    180000    105000    183000     74000     99999     85000    100000    190000    168750    160000    150000    125000    130000    140000    250000    210987    159000    100000    185000    111111    170000    250000
[3DS] Mario & Luigi Dream Team     156,446    255000    320000    339000    302000    325000    333333    235000    350000    200000    285000    275000    300000    220000    290000    210000    270000    234567    275000    250000    170000    222222    209000    250000
[3DS] LBX W Super Custom            38,499     58000     90000     77000     62000     70000     88888     38000     60000     65000     66267     55000     50000     60000     60000     75000    125000     98765     90000     40000     85000     66666     69000     75000
[3DS] Phoenix Wright 5             241,878    190000    130000    173000    202000    185000    222222    170000    170000    160000    220000    195000    160000    140000    150000    200000    210000    210987    200000    180000    220000    222222    179000    300000
[PS3+PSV] Dragon's Crown           184,537    100000     70000     88000    112000    105000     88888     80000     65000     60000     60000     90000     80000     80000     99000    112000     80000     65432     75000    120000     75000     99999    125000    150000

UNIT DIFF                                     431980    690306    601618    515306    594480    559320    539116    654618    460034    530290    467306    496444    535618    496480    365346    657306    485649    453944    474618    370306    392653    324306    511278
PERCENTAGE DIFF                               287.9%    473.0%    407.4%    378.1%    418.6%    395.6%    325.8%    420.5%    309.1%    385.9%    334.3%    298.8%    350.3%    318.8%    265.6%    491.4%    354.8%    322.2%    314.7%    311.3%    292.3%    264.3%    402.5%

Famitsu   GAF-AVG       MIN       MAX      OVER     UNDER   CLOSEST BY
[WIU] Hardware                      52,069    59,143    30,000   100,000       61%       39%    50,000 Fisico
[PS3+360] Earth Defense Force 4    220,856    88,310    60,000   155,000        0%      100%   155,000 hiska-kun
[3DS] Youkai Watch                 101,136    82,679    40,000   150,000       22%       78%   100,000 DrWong
[WIU] Pikmin 3                     149,087   150,950    74,000   250,000       52%       48%   150,000 Zeer0id
[3DS] Mario & Luigi Dream Team     156,446   266,092   170,000   350,000      100%        0%   170,000 schuelma
[3DS] LBX W Super Custom            38,499    70,634    38,000   125,000       96%        4%    38,000 darkside31337
[3DS] Phoenix Wright 5             241,878   190,845   130,000   300,000        4%       96%   222,222 lunchwithyuzo
[PS3+PSV] Dragon's Crown           184,537    90,449    60,000   150,000        0%      100%   150,000 The_lascar

God damn if it wasn't for EDF 4...

Glass Rebel

Great numbers for Ace Attorney and Dragon's Crown, especially impressed with the Vita split. I guess we know what platform Vanillaware will focus on in the future.

Bruno MB

Dengeki Top 50 Software Sales: Week 30, 2013

01./00. [3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies <ADV> (Capcom) {2013.07.25} (¥5.990) - 244.926 / NEW <65%> 377.000 units shipped.

Ace Attorney series: (Best Price! version included)

[GBA] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Capcom) {2001.10.12} - 12.322 / 207.859
[GBA - NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All (Capcom) {2002.10.18} - 53.278 / 652.324
[GBA - NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (Capcom) {2004.01.23} - 96.150 / 569.963
[NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Capcom) {2005.09.15} - 55.571 / 584.013
[NDS] Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Capcom) {2007.04.12} - 244.506 / 625.990

02./00. [PS3] Dragon's Crown <RPG> (Atlus) {2013.07.25} (¥8.190) - 109.156 / NEW <90%> 121.000 units shipped.
03./00. [PSV] Dragon's Crown <RPG> (Atlus) {2013.07.25} (¥8.190) - 75.788 / NEW

July 2013 (Jul 01 - Jul 28) Software Sales:

3DS - 1.106.050
PS3 - 745.319
PSP - 270.818
WIU - 239.078
PSV - 218.291
WII - 73.346
360 - 40.170
NDS - 34.450

Total - 2.727.522

Dengeki Top 50 Software Sales: Week 30, 2013

01./00. [3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies <ADV> (Capcom) {2013.07.25} (¥5.990) - 244.926 / NEW <65%> 377.000 units shipped.

Ace Attorney series: (Best Price! version included)

[GBA] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Capcom) {2001.10.12} - 12.322 / 207.859
[GBA - NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All (Capcom) {2002.10.18} - 53.278 / 652.324
[GBA - NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (Capcom) {2004.01.23} - 96.150 / 569.963
[NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Capcom) {2005.09.15} - 55.571 / 584.013
[NDS] Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Capcom) {2007.04.12} - 244.506 / 625.990

02./00. [PS3] Dragon's Crown <RPG> (Atlus) {2013.07.25} (¥8.190) - 104.359 / NEW <90%> 116.000 units shipped.

July 2013 (Jul 01 - Jul 28) Software Sales:

3DS - 1.106.050
PS3 - 745.319
PSP - 270.818
WIU - 239.078
PSV - 218.291
WII - 73.346
360 - 40.170
NDS - 34.450

Total - 2.727.522

Hmmm if DC makes it to 300k that would make it Atlus's best selling title in Japan right?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
01./00. [3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies <ADV> (Capcom) {2013.07.25} (¥5.990) - 250.216 / NEW <65,76%>
02./00. [PS3] Dragon's Crown <ACT> (Atlus) {2013.07.25} (¥8.190) - 104.359 / NEW <94,73%>
03./00. [PSV] Dragon's Crown <ACT> (Atlus) {2013.07.25} (¥8.190) - 71.083 / NEW <83,38%>
___

21./08. [WIU] New Super Luigi U <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.07.13} (¥3.885)
22./00. [PSP] Daiya no Kuni no Alice: Wonderful Mirror World # <ADV> (QuinRose) {2013.07.25} (¥6.300)
23./15. [PS3] The Last of Us <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2013.06.20} (¥5.980)
24./17. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.29} (¥5.040)
25./00. [PSV] Xblaze Code: Embryo <ADV> (Arc System Works) {2013.07.25} (¥7.140)
26./16. [3DS] Kuma-Tomo <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.06.20} (¥4.980)
27./24. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800)
28./00. [PS3] Xblaze Code: Embryo <ADV> (Arc System Works) {2013.07.25} (¥7.140)
29./21. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.07.28} (¥4.800)
30./00. [PS3] Race Driver Grid 2 <RCE> (Codemasters) {2013.07.25} (¥7.770)
31./23. [NDS] Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2012.06.23} (¥4.800)
32./13. [PS3] Dead Island: Riptide <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2013.07.11} (¥7.329)
33./44. [WII] New Play Control! Pikmin 2 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2009.03.12} (¥3.800)
34./28. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.02.28} (¥5.800)
35./25. [WIU] New Super Mario Bros. U <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.12.08} (¥5.985)
36./18. [PS3] Gundam Breaker <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.06.27} (¥7.980)
37./20. [3DS] Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.06.27} (¥5.480)
38./32. [3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.12} (¥5.040)
39./35. [PSP] Super Dangan-Ronpa 2: Sayonara Zetsubou Gakuen # <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2012.07.26} (¥6.279)
40./27. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Best Price!) <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.11.15} (¥3.800)
41./30. [3DS] Toriko: Gourmet Battle! <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.07.04} (¥5.980)
42./34. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040)
43./33. [WIU] Nintendo Land # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.12.08} (¥4.935)
44./40. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl <FTG> (Nintendo) {2008.01.31} (¥6.800)
45./36. [PS3] Battlefield 3 (PlayStation 3 the Best) <ACT> (Electronic Arts) {2013.07.11} (¥3.675)
46./26. [3DS] Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl <RPG> (Atlus) {2013.06.27} (¥6.279)
47./39. [PSP] Pro Baseball Spirits 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2013.03.20} (¥3.980)
48./37. [3DS] Aikatsu! Cinderella Lesson <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.15} (¥5.040)
49./48. [PSP] God Eater: Burst (PSP the Best Reprint) <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.06.06} (¥1.800)
50./38. [PS3] Terraria <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2013.05.23} (¥4.179)

Top 50

3DS - 21
PS3 - 10
PSP - 7
WIU - 5
PSV - 3
WII - 3
NDS - 1

SOFTWARE
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |    957.000 |    566.000 |  1.435.406 | 24.237.000 | 27.480.000 |

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
As for this "Vita resurrection" that made it the ultimate system for publishers:

Vita sold 1,5 million software from January to June, 3DS sold 1 million in June.

And to put the other stupidity I read somewhere here before for Wii U / Vita software sales into rest

H1 2013 software: PSV > 2 x Wii U

I start to have serious doubts Wii U will sell more software than Vita this year.

I always find it funny that for all it's presence on the internet Persona is relatively a small seller.

I'd be suprised if total population of hardcore gamers was bigger than a few milions beetween all platforms.

VLR or 999 are considered must have titles on many forums but games sold like 30k in Japan.

it's kinda like "whales" in F2P titles small population of people buying dozens of games per year vs milions who buy 1 or 2 or just use rentals.

Bruno MB

Could I have the sales numbers for the other persona titles?

Sure.

Code:
[PSX] Persona (Atlus) {1996.09.20} - 201.147 / 391.556
[PSX] Persona (PlayStation the Best) (Atlus) {1997.06.27} - 10.970 / 17.935	
[PSX] Persona 2: Innocent Sin (Atlus) {1999.06.24} - 170.577 / 274.798
[PSX] Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (Atlus) {2000.06.29} - 119.484 / 200.103
[PSX] Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PlayStation the Best) (Atlus) {200.09.14} - 3.470 / 3.470
[PS2] Persona 3 (Atlus) {2006.07.13} - 127.472 / 210.319
[PS2] Persona 3 FES (Atlus) {2007.04.19} - 105.099 / 165.471
[PS2] Persona 4 (Atlus) {2008.07.10} - 211.967 / 294.214
[PSP] Persona (Atlus) {2009.04.29} - 95.406 / 156.205
[PSP] Persona 3 Portable (Atlus) {2009.11.01} - 108.343 / 208.877
[PS2] Persona 3 FES (PlayStation 2 the Best) (Atlus) {2010.08.05} - ? / 7.773
[PS2] Persona 4 (PlayStation 2 the Best) (Atlus) {2010.08.05} - ? / 43.981
[PSP] Persona 2: Innocent Sin (Atlus) {2011.04.14} - 62.091 / 102.714
[PSP] Persona 3 Portable (PSP the Best) (Atlus) {2011.08.25} - 5.914 / 39.233
[PSP] Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (Atlus) {2012.05.17} - 28.212 / 56.300
[PSV] Persona 4 Golden (Atlus) {2012.06.14} - 152.499 / 242.463
[PS3] Persona 4: Arena (Atlus) {2012.07.26} - 117.318 / 184.997
[360] Persona 4: Arena (Atlus) {2012.07.26} - 9.346 / 11.498

Alrus

how much did those sale?

[SAT]Devil Summoner (Atlus) {1995.12.25} - ??? / 355.656
[SAT]Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Atlus) {1997.11.13} - 160.850 / 258.678
[PS1]Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Atlus) {1999.04.08} - 60.905 / 137.414

Thought Soul Hackers sold more than that on saturn. Still the original is their best selling title beside the first Persona I think (I don't think we have data for the early SMT games though).

Top Bottom