• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 30, 2017 (Jul 24 - Jul 30)

Eolz

Pure gold (24 karat) commemorative plate.

premium_set_.jpg

http://www.e-capcom.com/sp/gyakuten_15th/3/

Btw, My Nintendo Store to start taking pre-orders for the "customised" Switch package (where you choose the colour of everything) on August 22nd, delivery in October.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201708/09139457.html

Don't know how to react at those two news lol.

Orgen

I hope they do an AA: Second Trilogy on the west one day... that reminds me, where are my Inazuma Eleven trilogy collections Level-5? :|

L~A

I can totally imagine how the discussions went for that LE.

"Hey, let's make a special bundle with all games for the 15th Anniversary"
"Good idea!"
"But we need to make it extra special. What about selling it for 150 000 Yen? 15 x 万, 15th Anniversary!!"
"Brilliant!"
"But that's expensive! What we gonna put in that?"
"Hmm... oh. Well. Just put some gold in there"
"Ok."

The regular Limited Edition costs 14 815 Yen, so that's indeed quite the mark up for that super gold limited edition of doom.

I hope they do an AA: Second Trilogy on the west one day... that reminds me, where are my Inazuma Eleven trilogy collections Level-5? :|

You can totally expect AA Trilogy and AA Trilogy 2 on Switch, using unchanged mobile assets.

Capcom makes the most baffling decisions.

That said, I'd gladly take AA Trilogy 1 and 2 on Switch. Especially if they finally release it physically in the west.

KtSlime

Ooooh, so this is how Capcom was planning on meeting their projections. It all make sense now, if you can't sell games, sell golden trinkets.

L~A

Capcom makes the most baffling decisions.

That said, I'd gladly take AA Trilogy 1 and 2 on Switch. Especially if they finally release it physically in the west.

Somewhere, at Capcom USA HQ:

mxyupd1v6lcm.gif

I really wouldn't hold my breath on that, not seeing them releasing anything AA physically anymore (outside Japan).

Somewhere, at Capcom USA HQ:

mxyupd1v6lcm.gif

I really wouldn't hold my breath on that, not seeing them releasing anything AA physically anymore (outside Japan).

Yeah, I definitely don't expect it at this point. Kinda sad that AA's last physical release in the west will likely be the crossover with Layton.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Heck, I'd just be happy with anything Ace Attorney-related on the Switch, digital or physical.

Porting the iOS releases to Switch down the line seems like a no-brainer.

So it wont happen...lol.

But honestly they need to bring Ghost Trick to Switch. This game deserves it.

L~A

4Gamer would have put a notice if numbers were delayed because of holidays. They're just running late, for some reason.

Zedark

Is this the week Crash debuts in Japan? Hope it makes a killing there as it's been doing worldwide.
Preorders numbers didn't indicate the remasters doing very impressive, at least not anywhere near the power play it's doing in the west. Should put out some decent additional sales, though.

Preorders numbers didn't indicate the remasters doing very impressive, at least not anywhere near the power play it's doing in the west. Should put out some decent additional sales, though.

Back in the day, I think Crash 2 reached a million sales in Japan alone, so I'm hoping
(however unlikely it is)
that the trilogy captures at least some of that success.

L~A

Media Create

Switch 61,933
PS4 43,862
New2DS LL 33,871
New3DS LL 22,200
PS4 Pro 9,077
Vita 4,773
2DS 3,740
New3DS 1,078
Wii U 158
PS3 96
Xbox One 90

69k for DGS2
30k for Crash Remastered
307k for DQXI 3DS, 200k for PS4

Media Create

Switch 61,933
PS4 43,862
New2DS LL 33,871
New3DS LL 22,200
PS4 Pro 9,077
Vita 4,773
2DS 3,740
New3DS 1,078
Wii U 158
PS3 96
Xbox One 90

69k for DGS2
30k for Crash Remastered
307k for DQXI 3DS, 200k for PS4

Another good week for hardware. DQ had a strong second week too. I think a lot of people undershot DQ legs into August in the predictions.

Switch should be ahead of 3DS now launch aligned, right? Very solid numbers for 2 weeks after Splatoon 2. Hopefully the baseline doesn't drop much lower than this for the rest of the year.

Don't be silly. They'd have to localize it for that to happen.

I'm sure Capcom can screw up in a large number of languages if they set their minds to it.

Impressive sales all around. The PS4 and 3DS continue to exceed expectations. DQXI had a great hold this week.

The switch dropped a little more than I expected but still very good sales. Hopefully we see it keep up a similar level going forward.

Top Bottom