• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 30, 2017 (Jul 24 - Jul 30)

Why do people want Resident Evil 7 on Switch? I don't see the game working that well on Switch. Especially since it was the worst selling game in Japan.

RE4 to 6 makes more sense to me.

Famitsu sell-through

DQXI 3DS – 60~80%
DQXI PS4 – 80~100%
So the reports of PS4 version with sold out were true in some cases.

Don't own a Wii U, so I can't say really.

To be fair I haven't even played FFXV so I'm really just blowing smoke, but that being said, I hope TMS gets a Switch port so more people have a chance to play it.

Why do people want Resident Evil 7 on Switch? I don't see the game working that well on Switch. Especially since it was the worst selling game in Japan.

RE4 to 6 makes more sense to me.

I want it because I like the game. I couldn't care less if it isn't the best option for sales. For all I care, they can bring the entire series to Switch.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Is it realistic for arms to pick up steam or is it just not a game thats going to have good legs?
It depends how hard Nintendo will continue to push it and what kind of bumps it will get at holidays.

If I had to guess right now I would give it a 300-400k LTD in Japan. Not exactly a great result but time will show if it will do better in the long run.

Am I reading this right? The game is still in the charts 4 (almost 5) months after release and it doesn't look like it's going to drop out anytime soon. How does it have bad legs?

TMS says hi.

Not to mention it's the 2nd best selling game on Amazon US right now after Splatoon 2. Five months after release.

Also worth noting, it's 50K away from passing Japan sales of Twilight Princess Wii, which was a physical-only game. Even with conservative estimations of BOTW digital sales it is now way past that. And still logging over 20K per month.

I think Nintendo are very happy with it.

To be fair I haven't even played FFXV so I'm really just blowing smoke, but that being said, I hope TMS gets a Switch port so more people have a chance to play it.

I want it because I like the game. I couldn't care less if it isn't the best option for sales. For all I care, they can bring the entire series to Switch.
Yes, I am interested in TMS port for Switch ;)

RE7 has a fairly realistic art style and runs at 60 fps. Downgrading the visuals and frame rate will definitely have an affect on the experience.

Shit game deserves shit ;)

SE won. Tabata won. FFXV won. Most importantly, Noctis won.

tumblr_oi5n7so43l1sq41kno1_540.gif

Game has quality, and making bank.

Famitsu sell-through

DQXI 3DS – 60~80%
DQXI PS4 – 80~100%

Wow so PS4 SKU is actually in shortage relative to 3DS. Seems like retailer expectations were surpassed as well.

Zedark

Is it possible for the Switch to catch up/keep pace with the 3DS this year?

If it gets enough stock, I think it will. The current two weeks are promising (more precisely, the fact that the second week is so good is what is promising), so I hope they can continue to be >50k until fall and then do big numbers with the promised ramped up production. Demand-wise I expect it to be able to facilitate those 3DS numbers, the question is supply imo.

Zelda's legs are better than any other Zelda game so far on console, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that'll break through 1 mil in Japan before the fiscal year ends

Bad legs compared to what we saw during the first month, I meant. Zelda seemed to be the stellar game seller of the Switch, but that is no more with MK8. Maybe I am just hopeful BOTW doesn't do as good in the long term so Nintendo can return to story/crafty dungeons focused Zelda ;p

I think Zelda falling behind MK8 says a lot about Switch appeal being the console itself rather than just
the software it has.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It depends how hard Nintendo will continue to push it and what kind of bumps it will get at holidays.

If I had to guess right now I would give it a 300-400k LTD in Japan. Not exactly a great result but time will show if it will do better in the long run.

It's a bit weird after the the 2.0 update Nintendo has gone dead silent on the game. For a game that uses free dlc updates as a means of maintaining interesting and keeping visibility they sure are doing a poor job of it.

Even if the next update isn't for a few weeks you'd expect them to start talking about it and future content to maintain interest especially considering Splatoon will be having sizeable impact on it's active playerbase. They included an events tab in the last patch but not a single event has been announced very weird.

I wasn't really keen on the success for ARMS but it has proven to be successful for a new IP if we talk about worldwide sales. It should be able to reach 2-3 million when all is said and done, which is a pretty good result.

Bad legs compared to what we saw during the first month, I meant. Zelda seemed to be the stellar game seller of the Switch, but that is no more with MK8. Maybe I am just hopeful BOTW doesn't do as good in the long term so Nintendo can return to story/crafty dungeons focused Zelda ;p

I think Zelda falling behind MK8 says a lot about Switch appeal being the console itself than
the software it has.

All Zelda falling behind says the Mario Kart is a bigger franchise. We all already knew that though.

What you have with Zelda is a game that is going to sell well over 10 million copies and be the best selling game in the franchise.

It was gonna be impossible for Zelda to maintain its attach rate from near launch.

I wasn't really keen on the success for ARMS but it has proven to be successful for a new IP if we talk about worldwide sales. It should be able to reach 2-3 million when all is said and done, which is a pretty good result.

after all the fuss, I did not even purchase a copy of ARMS. I just can't see myself enjoying motion control games anymore but still glad it is selling

I think Zelda falling behind MK8 says a lot about Switch appeal being the console itself rather than just
the software it has.

It is typical for all games to heavily drop after the first month. Since Zelda is not as popular in Japan as it is in other regions, it makes sense for it to drop more in that region when other popular games like MK8 and Splatoon release.

Mario Kart always sells better than Zelda. I mean, everyone plays Mario Kart. Mario Kart sells better than almost anything really, so it's not a great benchmark.

In terms of how BOTW is doing for Nintendo overall, I think they are ecstatic with the game's performance so far. I hope dungeons are back too though, but maybe we can get that anyway.

Regiruler

ARMS needs to really start its content stream if it wants better legs. We knew just prior to launch that Max Brass was coming, but now it's completely silent and we have no idea when anything is coming.

Zedark

after all the fuss, I did not even purchase a copy of ARMS. I just can't see myself enjoying motion control games anymore but still glad it is selling

It's not a motion control game, though. Playing with the Pro controller has been a blast, and I can be very competitive with it too (currently rank 10 of 20, not too bad for my very first multiplayer game if I say so myself).

Zedark

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but wasn't ARMS reported at ~1.2m in Nintendo's recent financial release?

Yup, but those are shipped. Still, claiming it's not at 1 million sold-through is a baseless claim, since we have too limited info to claim that.

Memory

ARMS hasn't even reached 1 million sold WW. Next shipment data will be interesting to see if can grow to 2 million.

There isn't much to imply it hasn't crossed 1 million as of today honestly. But its not gonna ship much past 2 million I agree with you there.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but wasn't ARMS reported at ~1.2m in Nintendo's recent financial release?

Arms passed 1 million sales last month...

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
80-100% sell-through doesn't imply sell out, especially for big shipments, we won't read any kind of imagination in this thread.

You can play without motion controls. I do.

Game plays wonderfully with a standard control setup. No motion necessary.

It's not a motion control game, though. Playing with the Pro controller has been a blast, and I can be very competitive with it too (currently rank 10 of 20, not too bad for my very first multiplayer game if I say so myself).

dammit you guys, just play along! I am trying to save money here. The Switch has too many games!

So PS4 version was close to sold out and SE expected a bit more from 3DS version.

Both version can hold good this week.
Unless we know where each version's sell through percentage falls within the bracket it's best not to draw too much from it. It could be really close depending on where they fall. What we can tell is that there is enough availability for both versions (according to reports) and it will be interesting to see how they fare next week. Hopefully combined is > 400k.

Psycho has no problems using shipped numbers when it suits him, no reasons to treat arms differently

Edit : anyway Nintendo's official numbers have always been fine, just like Sony's or Microsoft's

I'm just ignoring his bias here. There is nothing to confirm or deny more than or less than 1 million sold through as of today. Nintendo shipments dont mean it sold through 1.18m units. Not really a controversial stance.

Shipped numbers aren't sold-through numbers, sure, but we never debate about official shipping numbers, so why are we now? It's useless, and they're the most accurate numbers we have.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Well the PS4 has had only one revision, imagine when it has another 5 or 10?

Umm. Not quite how it works. Revisions generally expand audience by either being cheaper or better.

If better, most consumers will upgrade and sell their old system on second hand market. So that still means a net increase in userbase.

If more revisions for ps4 are such a great then you bet sony would do more.

zMiiChy-

Banned
As I said in the last thread, Zelda Botw will not reach a million units this year.
Even as Switch Hardware remains great, it continues to drop.

Top Bottom