• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 31, 2013 (Jul 29 - Aug 04)

Kyon

Banned
yass Vitaney is up YoY. Slay a bit
ii7zic3kAepTa.gif

3DSlay as per ending careers
ii7zic3kAepTa.gif

Bey U below 9k
noparty.gif

Yeah, after finally getting a few hours in with Mind 0, it's just okay, definitely not ZeroDiv's best effort. I'm not surprised at the lackluster sales, however I wouldn't be surprised if a 25~k LTD would be profitable, given the game's presentation values.

Also, I know a few people who were late to the Dragon's Crown hype train and went digital soon after realizing they couldn't find any physical copies near them. Certainly seems supply constrained.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm really looking forward to One Piece Unlimited World Red sales now.

what is this

You mean the one with possibly two 3DS XL special editions?

There's a scan, don't know if seriously special editions or just covers, though

heringer

Mind/0 bomba. I was expecting ~30k. Was that unrealistic?

Vita really needs a big hardware seller. Hard to compete with MH4 and Pokemon.

Glass Rebel

Puzzle & Dragons Z for 3DS as shown during the ND looks decent.

You mean the one with possibly two 3DS XL special editions?

There's a scan, don't know if seriously special editions or just covers, though

I haven't seen the scan but that one. MH + OP should do well.

Footage from the direct looked good and it seems like it's in fact two special editions.

TheChaos0

Mind/0 bomba. I was expecting ~30k. Was that unrealistic?

Vita really needs a big hardware seller. Hard to compete with MH4 and Pokemon.

God Eater 2 is the closest it'll get this year, however that's split over PSP and Vita.. so hmm.

Mind/0 looks like a very cheap game to make, it can't be hard to recoup expenses.

In your mind you have decided only big and established franchises sell on 3DS, I'm pretty sure you haven't looked at numbers for both platforms.
I don't think that's even close to what I said, was it? The words I used were that the Vita was "holding its own", which hardly implies that "only big and established franchises sell on 3DS", no?

saichi

Because Mind 0 is a pile of hot garbage on a niche system while Disney is Disney on the mainstream system

You're confused that a game attached to a mega-popular IP sold five times better than a completely new niche RPG?

Disney for Japanese, is like Studio Ghibli for westerner. There is reasons why Ni No Kuni is bombed in Japan but doing hotcakes overseas. While Mind 0 is......

I guess the sarcasm wasn't obvious. That was my reply to a couple people saying Mind 0 would surprise people cause Persona vibe and how people keep saying niche/new IP sells on VITA.

Bruno MB

Monster Hunter 4 (September 14) + Pokémon X / Y (October 12) + One Piece Unlimited World R (November 11) + Puzzle & Dragons Z (maybe December?) looks like a mighty combo for the last 3 and a half months of the year.

Road

Marvelous AQL earnings (for 3 months)

http://pdf.irpocket.com/C7844/qnwX/cum9/KHkr.pdf
http://pdf.irpocket.com/C7844/qnwX/cum9/uAbW.pdf

Sales up 46.7%: 4.41 billion yen (~US$ 45 million )
Net profit up +254.7%: 531 million yen (~US$ 5.5 million)

First-half of fiscal year forecast increased, due to favorable sales of Vita releases and amusement business.Online not doing so well, but expect to improve.

Nihon Falcom earnings (for 9 months):

http://www.falcom.co.jp/kaisya/ir/result_pdf/2013_3Q.pdf

Sales up 45.7%: 631 million yen (~US$ 6.3 million)
Net profit instead of loss: 30 million yen (~US$ 300k)

Pretty much everything is doing well. Steam releases had a promising start.

Wow.
Worse than the original NMH release...

Not really: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73186326&postcount=615

I guess the sarcasm wasn't obvious. That was my reply to a couple people saying Mind 0 would surprise people cause Persona vibe and how people keep saying niche/new IP sells on VITA.
I thought the game might do well when it was announced. Then I saw the gameplay footage. :/

16./09. [WIU] LEGO City Undercover <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.07.25} (¥5.985) - 7.691 / 25.768 <60-80%> (-57%)

Let's say 40k LTD for LEGO, pretty good actually.

Gives me hope for W101 (mind you, another weekend release, just like Pikmin 3).

Wasn't it you that someone said Mind0 would do over 20k because of the Persona edge it had after you said it would just be another 20k game?

Monster Hunter 4 (September 14) + Pokémon X / Y (October 12) + One Piece Unlimited World R (November 11) + Puzzle & Dragons Z (maybe December?) looks like a mighty combo for the last 3 and a half months of the year.

What in the world is that? Never heard of it so I don't know how it's a big deal.

Rolodzeo

What's the current line up of Vita/Bomba U for those months? Thinking of a slaughter house combined with PS4.

Good wii party and fit can be in the same bomba bins and end this charade
What's the current line up of Vita/Bomba U for those months? Thinking of a slaughter house combined with PS4.

ps4 wont launch this year

Spiegel

are ace attorney and dragon's crown just really really difficult to find?

Looking at the sell-through numbers from Famitsu.

AA5 no
DC maybe

Also DC's second shipment must have not arrived to stores or it is doing pretty well on the PSN because Atlus shipped 300k as of last week. And using 80% as the sell-through (doubtful, worst case scenario) Atlus has shipped ~250k physical copies.

Alrus

Apparently the AA drop is relatively similar to Apollo Justice's 2nd week drop. We'll see how it holds in the next few weeks I guess...

Sakura

Nice to see Wii U still above 10k. Hopefully it can manage to average above that for the rest of the year.

Sandfox

The Attack on Titan game could do pretty decent as well.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The Attack on Titan game could do pretty decent as well.

Visual Novels aren't exactly big-time sellers.

I'm fascinated by what Puzzle & Dragons Z 3DS is going to do though. Thats like some kind of direct demographic/sign of the times experiment.

Killer is dead sales seems on par with previous Suda games.

http://i3.minus.com/ibwH1SIOUZ2zM7.png[img]

[url=http://garaph.info/softwaregroup.php?grid=80]Via garaph[/url][/QUOTE]

I'm pretty impressed how Suda gets do much attention although basically no one ever played his games.

Glass Rebel

I'm going out on a limb and say that P&DZ will disappoint while One Piece: Unlimited World Red will positively surprise.

relative to their expectations obviously

Top Bottom