• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 31, 2013 (Jul 29 - Aug 04)

Fisico

The Attack on Titan game could do pretty decent as well.

Well uh... no ?
Seeing how fast the game is being released it's probably a low budget effort, and it's not because the anime is selling pretty well that a game based on it will be million-seller or something.

You can look at the Madoka's game to have an idea of how much it will sell, and as mentionned above it will be a Visual Novel so it'll more likely end up selling less than that

I'm fascinated by what Puzzle & Dragons Z 3DS is going to do though. Thats like some kind of direct demographic/sign of the times experiment.

I will approach it more as an experiment than anything else

Its basically PaD with all of the elements that make it so popular stripped out and some kind of story mode.

I haven't really heard anything positive about it besides "It's kind of like PaD but on 3DS" yet.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

Its basically PaD with all of the elements that make it so popular stripped out and some kind of story mode.

I haven't really heard anything positive about it besides "It's kind of like PaD but on 3DS" yet.

Well its got about 1000% more animation on all the things for one I guess!

Sandfox

Well uh... no ?
Seeing how fast the game is being released it's probably a low budget effort, and it's not because the anime is selling pretty well that a game based on it will be million-seller or something.

You can look at the Madoka's game to have an idea of how much it will sell, and as mentionned above it will be a Visual Novel so it'll more likely end up selling less than that

I never said it would be a million seller lol. The amount the Madoka game sold is about the number I would call decent for this game.

Fisico

I never said it would be a million seller lol. The amount the Madoka game sold is about the number I would call decent for this game.

Your post made it like its sales would be on par with Pokemon, MH4 (multi million sellers), One Piece (hundreds of thousands copies) or P&D (a big unknown with a high potential)

Attack On Titan will not be a system seller neither set the charts on fire, so it was strange for you to mention the game to that effect.

But ok we get your point now

It's PAD except more like a traditional RPG and with all the social/microtransaction stuff stripped out of it. There's definitely appeal for that kind of game but lol if anybody thinks it will reach even a fraction of its smartphone progenitor.

mao2

Marvelous AQL earnings (for 3 months)

http://pdf.irpocket.com/C7844/qnwX/cum9/KHkr.pdf
http://pdf.irpocket.com/C7844/qnwX/cum9/uAbW.pdf

Sales up 46.7%: 4.41 billion yen (~US$ 45 million )
Net profit up +254.7%: 531 million yen (~US$ 5.5 million)

First-half of fiscal year forecast increased, due to favorable sales of Vita releases and amusement business.Online not doing so well, but expect to improve.

Nihon Falcom earnings (for 9 months):

http://www.falcom.co.jp/kaisya/ir/result_pdf/2013_3Q.pdf

Sales up 45.7%: 631 million yen (~US$ 6.3 million)
Net profit instead of loss: 30 million yen (~US$ 300k)

Pretty much everything is doing well. Steam releases had a promising start.

Not really: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73186326&postcount=615
It's nice to see that Marvelous are rewarded for their effort. Hopefully they'll continue to release interesting titles for Vita.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Per usual 3DS dominates the market while everything else sells like shit.

Vita's not setting the world on fire but it's looking like it will find it's niche sooner or later. The consoles are dead though and that's why I'm not surprised Sony/MS are not putting so much emphasis on releasing the PS4/Xbone in Japan anytime soon.

Hiltz

It sure didn't take long for Pikmin 3 to drop out of the top 10 chart, and it still hasn't sold much. What are Wii U owners buying? I guess nothing. :(

Alrus

Might be a dumb question but is there any sales potential in Metal Max 4? I never heard of the franchise before, was it ever popular?

Edit: Oh it's a Kadokawa game? Nevermind then it's going to sell 30k tops.

Mileena

Banned
YCpJbI4.png

The new casual bomba from Nintendo.
Bigger bomb than MiniGame & Bombio. You heard it here first.

L Thammy

All charts launch-aligned. All data from Famitsu.
Weekly numbers presented in logarithmic base 1,000 for clarity. In that case, zero units are represented by one unit.

A01cMn8.png

HJyReK7.png

RqAm7u4.png

r67qzFO.png

Note, since this draws only from the top 30 it does not represent smaller titles.
e.g., software sales of zero are assumed if the console has no games in the top 30.

kqH1k3X.png

Tally of the number of titles for that platform in the top 30 for each week.
Certain weeks may have titles that aren't represented. These are the PS3's 7th and 25th, and the Wii's 4th and 23rd.

Feel free to criticize or point out mistakes.

I'm not surprised by Disney Magical Castle. Good sales - the bundle also seems to have made more of an impact than Mario and Luigi.

L Thammy

Was that Disney game even advertised? I remember it being glossed over in a ND and that's it.

Killer is Dead is just 2K away from Mind/Zero. I guess punk is dead, Suda.

Nintendo betting big. When Jump Superduper Stars happens, will it have a custom 3DS too?

How did you rate the games that you've bought with the PSP? I don't see any options to do it. In fact, the ratings aren't even shown on PSP's PS Store.

I don't have my PSP anymore so not sure but VC2's DLC which is available on the PSP only has reviews on the PAL store. Same with The Sims 2.

I actually like Wii Fit and Party. I don't get the hate. Everything doesn't have to be dudebro or Mario.

I meant the farce that these are actually significant games for that audience and these are big games in nintendo's lineup. Wii Party and Wii Fit coming out in the same month is also funny as they likely have a big overlap in the target audience. Maybe the heatwaves will forve people into exercising at home with wii fit lol

TasTokyo

Was that Disney game even advertised? I remember it being glossed over in a ND and that's it.

Killer is Dead is just 2K away from Mind/Zero. I guess punk is dead, Suda.

Nintendo betting big. When Jump Superduper Stars happens, will it have a custom 3DS too?

I don't watch much TV so can't say exactly how much it was advertised. However on the train I saw a fair number of adverts playing. Nothing crazy, but two or three times I saw it. So yea at least a bit of advertising.

Top Bottom