• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 31, 2017 (Jul 31 - Aug 06)

thefro

I want to know who are those 100 people who keep buying xbox one in japan ?

its like the same number every week. 100 people.

the system is dead over there. just let it die.

Probably a decent amount are US soliders on military bases in Japan.

L~A

I really hope that Stories does well in the west, it's a really good game. Hopefully will motivate Capcom to fund a sequel, just like the same thing happened for Project X Zone.

I doubt it'll be much more successful in the west, unfortunately.

About possible 3DS announcements Nintendo could still have, only one I have any "faith" in is Color Splash 3DS, mainly because it's a dual-screen game.

I really don't think there's a new Donkey Kong Country game in the works on 3DS, I doubt Retro Studios isn't 100% on Switch right now ;)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Road to TGS™

Notes:
- The list will include all games announced from August 1st until the end of TGS, except mobile will be focused on games from traditional publishers, or really notable non-traditional publisher games.
- The list will include the title, genre, publisher, developer (if known), release window (if known), and any pertinent notes.
- I won't be including things until they at least have one platform announced. Similarly, games announced prior to this window with no platforms count as a new announcement. Beyond that, I'm being a bit more generous with inclusions instead of waiting until the full details show up unless we just clearly don't know enough to list it.
- This will be the Switch's first Road to TGS.

Dragon Quest Builders 2
Publisher/Developer: Square Enix
Platform(s): PS4/Switch
Genre: Minecraft
Release Window: Unknown
Notes: This time around the game has multiplayer and the Vita version has been dropped in favor of the Switch. It was implied to be a Summer 2018 title, but that wasn't really nailed down.

Dragon Quest 1
Platform(s): PS4/3DS
Genre: RPG
Release Window: August 10th, 2017
Notes: This is a port of the first Dragon Quest game and is sold as a digital download.

Dragon Quest 2
Notes: This is a port of the second Dragon Quest game and is sold as a digital download.

Dragon Quest 3
Release Window: August 24th, 2017
Notes: This is a port of the third Dragon Quest game and is sold as a digital download.

BlazBlue Alternative: Dark War
Publisher/Developer: Arc System Works
Platform(s): iOS/Android
Genre: Unknown
Notes: It's a mobile game based on BlazBlue. It's listed as "Coming Soon", but we don't have much else to go on right now.

Atelier Lydie & Soeur
Publisher/Developer: Koei Tecmo/Gust
Platform(s): PS4/Switch/Vita
Release Window: Winter 2017
Notes: It's the newest annual Atelier game. They added a Switch version this go around.

Aokana: Four Rhythm Across
Publisher/Developer: Sprite
Platform(s): Switch
Notes: This is a port of a visual novel previously released on PC, Vita, and PS4.

Yo-Kai Watch Busters 2
Publisher/Developer: Level-5
Platform(s): 3DS
Notes: This is a sequel to the previous Yo-Kai Watch spin-off.

Platform running totals:
PS4: 11
Switch: 8
3DS: 5
Vita: 3
Wii U: 1
PC: 1
Traditional Publisher Mobile: 2

Previous Posts:
Week 1: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245485084&postcount=1638

Dengeki: The Great Ace Attorney 2 sold through 55 percent of its initial shipment:

新作では、人気法廷バトル『大逆転裁判』シリーズの最新作である3DS用ソフト『大逆転裁判2 ‐成歩堂龍ノ介の覺悟‐』が4位に顔を並べたが、限定版も含んだ販売実績は推定6.8万本(店頭消化率55%前後)と、前作(発売週13.9万本/累計19.3万本)に比べて実数、消化率ともに伸び悩んだ。

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/574/1574048/

Releasing Advance Wars on 3DS next year would be the most cruel thing Nintendo can do to the franchise and its fans.

No. Using the advance wars COs as characters in a match-3 mobile game with unit sprites instead of colored gems without making an attempt to revive the strategy games would be.

An entry exclusive to hardware I'd like to move on from would be a nice treat even if it tanked and the series died for good.

KtSlime

There is virtually no chance that Nintendo is going to change the name of Famicom Wars and release a new one on 3DS next year. Intelligent Systems have their hands full with the new Fire Emblem for Switch, and the series has been pretty much dead here for a decade.

Ōkami

Bic Camera got 200 units for lotteries today, some 200 or so yesterday too.

Softmap had 100.

Busters 2 is coming out this winter.

Dengeki: The Great Ace Attorney 2 sold through 55 percent of its initial shipment:

新作では、人気法廷バトル『大逆転裁判』シリーズの最新作である3DS用ソフト『大逆転裁判2 ‐成歩堂龍ノ介の覺悟‐』が4位に顔を並べたが、限定版も含んだ販売実績は推定6.8万本(店頭消化率55%前後)と、前作(発売週13.9万本/累計19.3万本)に比べて実数、消化率ともに伸び悩んだ。

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/574/1574048/

Is that bad?

Sandfox

Road to TGS™

Notes:
- The list will include all games announced from August 1st until the end of TGS, except mobile will be focused on games from traditional publishers, or really notable non-traditional publisher games.
- The list will include the title, genre, publisher, developer (if known), release window (if known), and any pertinent notes.
- I won't be including things until they at least have one platform announced. Similarly, games announced prior to this window with no platforms count as a new announcement. Beyond that, I'm being a bit more generous with inclusions instead of waiting until the full details show up unless we just clearly don't know enough to list it.
- This will be the Switch's first Road to TGS.

Dragon Quest Builders 2
Platform(s): PS4/Switch
Genre: Minecraft
Notes: This time around the game has multiplayer and the Vita version has been dropped in favor of the Switch. It was implied to be a Summer 2018 title, but that wasn't really nailed down.

Dragon Quest 1
Notes: This is a port of the first Dragon Quest game and is sold as a digital download.

Dragon Quest 2
Notes: This is a port of the second Dragon Quest game and is sold as a digital download.

Dragon Quest 3
Release Window: August 24th, 2017
Notes: This is a port of the third Dragon Quest game and is sold as a digital download.

Notes: It's a mobile game based on BlazBlue. It's listed as "Coming Soon", but we don't have much else to go on right now.

Atelier Lydie & Soeur
Notes: It's the newest annual Atelier game. They added a Switch version this go around.

Aokana: Four Rhythm Across
Publisher/Developer: Sprite
Platform(s): Switch
Notes: This is a port of a visual novel previously released on PC, Vita, and PS4.

Yo-Kai Watch Busters 2
Publisher/Developer: Level-5
Platform(s): 3DS
Notes: This is a sequel to the previous Yo-Kai Watch spin-off.

Platform running totals:
PS4: 11
Switch: 8
3DS: 5
Vita: 3
Wii U: 1
PC: 1
Traditional Publisher Mobile: 2

Previous Posts:
Week 1: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245485084&postcount=1638

Blazblue is on there twice.

The Switch already has 8 more titles announced in this timeframe than some were expecting.

Gradivus

Ōkami;246013168 said:
Bic Camera got 200 units for lotteries today, some 200 or so yesterday too.

Softmap had 100.

Busters 2 is coming out this winter.

Is that BIC Camera's Akiba store?

Atelier Lydie & Soeur

Is that really the official spelling? The word is spelled "sœur". "Soeur" is lazy-people spelling. You'd think they'd get it right.

Gradivus

Ōkami;246014590 said:
Yes.

There were some 2000 people making lines for Switches on Akihabara today, on multiple stores.

Judging from the little spreadsheet Chris whipped up in the older thread, Akihabara got an extra 200+ over Week 30&31 shipment.

hiska-kun

Last week all Bic Cameras chain stores got 2.050 units.
We still have to count all the stores for this week but we have 1.800 units so far (it seems it will be higher when we add the rest).

Gradivus

Shinjuku 300
Shibuya 100
Ikebukuro 300
Yurakucho 300
Shinyoko 100
Mito 100
Kashiwa 100
Hachioji 100
tachikawa 200
Okayama100
fujisawa 100
ohmiya 100
Hiroshima 100
Nagoya 150 +150
Namba 200
Kyoto 100
Sapporo 200
tenjin 100
Hamamatsu 100
takasaki 100
Kagoshima 100
Akiba 200

I listed down that (Did Nagoya have a 2nd store? If so, that's why it's got an extra 150)

hiska-kun

Shinjuku 300
Shibuya 100
Ikebukuro 300
Yurakucho 300
Shinyoko 100
Mito 100
Kashiwa 100
Hachioji 100
tachikawa 200
Okayamaten 100
fujisawa 100
ohmiya 100
Hiroshima 100
Nagoya 150 +150
Namba 200
Kyoto 100
Sapporo 200
tenjin 100
Hamamatsu 100
takasaki 100
Kagoshima 100
Akiba 200

I listed down that (Did Nagoya have a 2nd store? If so, that's why it's got an extra 150)

Yeah Nagoya has two stores, so your numbers should be correct.

Last week all Bic Cameras chain stores got 2.050 units.
We still have to count all the stores for this week but we have 1.800 units so far (it seems it will be higher when we add the rest).

Shinjuku 300
Shibuya 100
Ikebukuro 300
Yurakucho 300
Shinyoko 100
Mito 100
Kashiwa 100
Hachioji 100
tachikawa 200
Okayama100
fujisawa 100
ohmiya 100
Hiroshima 100
Nagoya 150 +150
Namba 200
Kyoto 100
Sapporo 200
tenjin 100
Hamamatsu 100
takasaki 100
Kagoshima 100
Akiba 200

So well over double???? Wowzers

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I want to know who are those 100 people who keep buying xbox one in japan ?

its like the same number every week. 100 people.

the system is dead over there. just let it die.
100 sales is really just statistical noise. It's such a low number that it's probably impossible to track exactly how much is sold week to week. Could be 5, could be 150.

Ōkami

I'm hopeful they'll do a DQ1-3 Switch retail release made by M2, like the Seiken Densetsu collection. The 3DS/PS4 mobile ports are awful (I bought one -- big mistake).
The gameplay improvements are great, even if they come from the Game Boy Color version, but the graphics don't look very nice.

I really doubt they'll see any kind of rerelease, SE seems really avert to that, no games on Virtual Console, no games on the Mini consoles, just the Wii compilation. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Also
you didn't need to buy them to play them on PS4

Gitaroo

We've discussed that a few times, that's not good, going from 130k to 70-80k FW and only selling 55% of your first shipment...

surprised they didn't to a trilogy or bundle on Vita a few years back when I was still relevant in Japan. And I also think it is time for a HD collection for Switch and PS4. talk about easy money. No reason why the franchise should be stuck with Nintendo or portable devices. I enjoy my visual novel games on big screen way more like steins gate and dangan ronpa.

Top Bottom